Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) (33232 Views)

Obasanjo On BBC Hardtalk / Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk / Babatunde Fashola Barbecued On BBC Hardtalk (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by rhektor(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2016
deji68:
Well, if u can quote any tangible reasons he gave for using 70 M and 600 for Website / car Park. ..or any well organised structure put in place for alleviating the suffering of millions in refugee camps...when he ask asked by Sakur ....

"I have responded to that issue before "
Maybe you should go back and get a copy of his response to those baseless allegations. you like Sackur aren't interested in his answers just hatred for him makes you to comment.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Eshinkan: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2016
CSTR12:
ermm, sorry. That is the truth.
In which planet would you consider fashole an intellectual equal to Okonjo iweala(a pure overkill) or chimamanda?
Maybe in your yoruba caves.

Only your tribally damaged mind would consider an intellectual such as Fashola on the same level with the failed okonjo... shocked shocked....chimamanda is a good writer and I have read her books...but intellectually......naw....you are having a damned laugh...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by CSTR12: 11:44am On Aug 13, 2016
Eshinkan:

Only your tribally damaged mind would consider an intellectual such as Fashola on the same level with the failed okonjo... shocked shocked....chimamanda is a good writer and I have read her books...but intellectually......naw....you are having a damned laugh...
My friend shut the hell up.
Fashole your best yoruba mind is not in the class of kachukwu. Unlike fashole, kachukwu actually excelled in his academics.
Try getting to kachukwu's level before talking of chimamanda or imperial okonjo iweala.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Eshinkan: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2016
CSTR12:
My friend shut the hell up.
Fashole your best yoruba mind is not in the class of kachukwu. Unlike fashole, kachukwu actually excelled in his academics.
Try getting to kachukwu's level before talking of chimamanda or imperial okonjo iweala.

Your level of ignorance is befuddling....what makes Fashola the best Yoruba mind.....what makes the tribal chimanda intellectual....you better quit smoking cheap ugwu leaves first thing in the morning. Now get lost and go find your level.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by CSTR12: 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
Eshinkan:

Your level of ignorance is befuddling....what makes Fashola the best Yoruba mind.....what makes the tribal chimanda intellectual....you better quit smoking cheap ugwu leaves first thing in the morning. Now get lost and go find your level.
So Fashole is no longer the yoruba bread and butter. The fasole guy remind me of a number of yoruba engineering profs i know here in the states-and like they say in texas he is all hat but no cattle. A lot of talk and huff and puff of pseudo intellectualism but zero practicality.
Rascal. ****
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mcowubaba:

People like you just talk without reasoning or common sense undecided
Who praises Avengers to blow up pipeline
When did I support or praise any Militant group
Or you're just talking based on ur own stupid imagination...
Please bring out anywhere I (Mc.owubaba) supported or praised any destruction by any Group undecided
Mtcheew.. Nonsense
u categorically said he has not deliver on power in one year, question is are u in exile not to know that pipeline are been destroyed on a daily basis because those complaining of no 24 hours electricity are d same praising avengers and ipob to holding this country to Ransome, ministers came into office in november, and u simply want him to build coal plant or solar plant overnight, where u not in this country when u hero a month before he handover that was total blackout I n this country that mtn glo banks where all shorting down operations, no fuel no generation of electricity, that was the kind of economy dey inherited, how the hero of niger delta and ipod which are avengers form by pdp chieftains blowing up pipeline on a daily basis knowing fully well nigeria depend 100% on gas to generation of electricity, if gas dont get to power plant how do u expect to have light, in ur criticism u should be objective and tate the facts and dont aft as if u dont know the cause of power problem in nigeria, what people light u should be saying is how d hell is it that power plant still manage to generate electricity when avengers keep blowing up pipeline every day, that can only be hard work dedication commitment and d desire to deliver no matter the challenge been faced as terrorist keeps blowing up our national assets

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
bakynes:
When i see Igbos i see hate, they have turned into enemy of the state. Their castigation of this govt is not because they want the country to improve, they castigate this govt because the hate every inch of them.

People like me dont hate Jonathan because i voted and mobilized people in the SW to vote him but retracted from supporting him when he began to fail upon the huge resources on his hands ($140 per barrel/2.3million production output) not because i hate him but because he failed i never blamed him for Bokoharam.Fastforward to 2015, i voted for Buhari not because i like him but he was a better option to jonathan. Even before he started working, the Igbos hate him for no reason other than he is a fulani man from the North.

Many Nigerians were behind jonathan before he started failing and backed off those are true patrotic citizens bt the IPOB were not even behind Buhari at any point they just hate him no matter what he does even if Nigeria turns to Eldorado tomorrow they will forever hate him.
u are right on point this is the same reason i don take time to respond to some of their hatred, u see all the want is a failed state so dey keep having reason to shout biafruad, how else to achieve this other than be against any work done or discredit anything done by this government, how can u accuse a government of failing without u playing y d rules praise terrorist for destroying our national assets and promise them ur total support and turn back to say this government is failing, does it add up?. it pains me so much to see are wicked this ipobis has become

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Eshinkan: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
CSTR12:
So Fashole is no longer the yoruba bread and butter. The fasole guy remind me of a number of yoruba engineering profs i know here in the states-and like they say in texas he is all hat but no cattle. A lot of talk and huff and puff of pseudo intellectualism but zero practicality.
Rascal. Now run off and go sell some osun weed , you poor deluded soul.

You are nothing but a tortured soul.....a failure with nothing to offer but hate....just go and kill yourself and save humanity from your filth.... grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Abillsable: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
I think too many idiots are on nairaland.This man did his best to respond in the most reasonable way.I want to see people start thinking rationally and making rational points on this platform.I dont know where in all this interview and his response shows empty-headedness.He defended himself against the onslaught on his reputation.If you have any suspicion against anyone for any corrupt practice,the sane thing to do is to find evidence to back your claim and intelligently charge the man to court.He also gave a good representation of facts about the Buhari administrations performance as against the consensus sentiments.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
teebillz:

So what happens when the government fails to do those things you have mentioned? Even in sports, you will see coaches get fired more often than players when the team fails even though coaches don't do they actual play. I use to reason like you do now but everything changed when I visited countries where the government lives up to most of its responsibilities. All those companies you mentioned would not have succeeded Nigeria. Let me ask you a simple question, to what do you attribute the economic and technological backwardness of Africa?
u see when we engage with each other we can begin to find common ground, don't get me wrong thinking i am saying government should fold is hands why the people perish, but i have take time to follow the success story of most of the successful business today, they all hard it rough, tough but dey never once backed down not even in the face of failure. we as a people need to take our destiny in our hands and use our vote as our power if we do not like the performance of any government,

now in other western world people build alliance , dey sell ideas, build teams, go into partnerships join ideas together just to get to the top, but hear in africa nigeria as a case study what do we see, do it myself, one man investment, u see men with great ideas die with it without passing such to the next man to continue such great ideas, if we as a people do not change i tell u the truth for years to come we will go no where. we must begin to build trust, partnership.

i have found out that it is when they are lots of challenges problems that people who are able to come up with solutions in the face of all the crisis that do make the difference, we need to painstakingly go back to the drawing board as youth of this country to see how we can come together to help ourselves to support ourselves, if u can come up woth such solutions do u know how many lives u will be saving, and in 20 years u will be d hero of ur time

is hard task but we must begin to look for solutions within ourselves, it is when business survive government want to associate with them, startups most times are neglected by government, but when dey succeed every government want to associate with them

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
wadetaw202:

But, buhari promised heaven and earth that he would turn things around in matter of weeks. Well, it had been 15 months; yet, all he does is lay blame.
yes he made lots of promise, be kept hope alive, but what u forget is the role will all play to sit back live him alone and expect him to perform all the miracle with a magic wand, after his inauguration he was welcome by IPOB agitations for months, followed by avengers destruction till date now two regions totally against him, what the we do as a people to make sure we give him all the help support he will need to make those promise a reality other than half of the country wailing the lose of election of a political party after 16 years, did we as a people play our part, he went straight to war with boko haram why doing that SE kept destabilizing their region with biafra militant who were equip by previous government started issuing out treat, and oil,

so have we as a people giving him our total support, did we really need those this he promise to be achieved or we simply just want to make sure he did not succeed, even before he won the hatred against him was so unimaginable, what is the offence of PMB that he promise us a better nigeria.

many of our people keeps encouraging avengers ipob and when they know nigeria is already at war with bokoharam, do we hate this country so much that we rather see it destroyed, have we speak out against the evil done to us by this terrorist holding this nation hostage. but in the face of all this he still manage to keep the country going forward if u don't know how bd it could have been ask Venezuela

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
Noneroone:
pls stop being a fool. The interviewer's question on massive hunger in the camp pointed toward the need for an emmergency reponse. If fashola doubted the figures it means the situation in the camp doest call for an emmergency. If he again answers yes on whether the situation in the camp will be changed then it is a U turn.
what state are u from, i guess u state total population will not be above 4 million so divide u state into two, now half of it are the IDP so tell me for a government to have the responsibility to feed this people on a daily basis even if the are just 200 thousand u think hunger nor go dey, tell me a single country that have refugee that size and yet nor is malnourished or without outbreak of any sickness, why consecrate on the hunger on not how much the government is putting to to make sure this people are care for on a daily basis, do u even realise nigeria is at war, have u ever see a country at war at the say time that country is taking care of 2 million refugee which is the size of half of ur state population, does the hunger in the camp means government is not feeding them or does it mean government needs to do more in addition to what he his doing to met up to the need of the refugees,

i wonder how u people reason it baffles me seriously.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
totorimi:
It is a shame indeed for a foreign journalist to be calling a whole serving minister to focus on reality and stop blabbing and telling tales by moonlight. I mean just imagine how the 'oyinbo' jounalist was dishing out facts and figures and the story teller minister was saying he does not agree with figures. If you don't agree them as minister with the repertoire of information network at your disposal you give us the real fact and counter the argument but in this case as usual he dodges the question and goes on the usual blame game. The journalist had no option but to hang those issues un-tackled and unresolved so that he doesnt waste his precious time on stories upon lies.

No wonder they called them all noise makers, they lack depth, they lack sound ideas just warming the office chairs and feeding fat on our tax payers sweat. The day of the masses is coming real fast.
the person to pity here is u, i have seen refugess in other nation receibing supplrt care from citizens no matter how small, u have 2 million refugee in ur coutry what role have u play to help on providing used cloths food to this people, how many times have u volunteer to help as a social worker in this camp to see to the needs of this people, isn't that the way it is done in othe places, u sit back and u expect buhari to do it all alone, and it takes a foreign journalist to tell idiot like u these people need a helping hand.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
CSTR12:
Okonjo iweala was sued to court after disgracing your governors and senators with common sense.
Don't make the sacrilegious mistake of comparing okonjo iweala ivy-level brilliance to fashole's local politicism. Even as a federal govt appointee,fashole can not walk in certain climes that Ngozi's graces on daily basis.
Fashole by the way came out with a resounding third class in a Nigerian University. No basis for comparison at all.
He is at best an Ngige level. I would even rank kachukwu the current oil minister much higher than him.
please what is the debt lrofile of nigeria after ur brilliance iweala left office, what was the number of industries her economic policies built, what was the amouth of infrastructure her administration built with all her word bank record , why is buhari paying for contractors debt incurred by iweala , with all the boom how many motorable roads did her administration left after their tenure, how many jobs and in which industry did dey create jobs, what was the rete of poverty in the land, 6 years of jonathan oil revenue was $360 billion what will she say she did with such fund to change the lives of nigerians, we are not talking of paper economics we are talking of reality economics where the evidence are seen, infrastructure was not built, poverty rate was on the increase, out university polytechnic college of education went on strike for almost 12 months, please tell us what iweala achieve.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Jengem: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
aresssa:

Thanks for the wonderful answer, just the same empty and shallow response I was expecting.

All ignorant lies, hate filled rubbish, baseless and thoughtless typical ipob lies with no substance...... grin

Only problem with your brainless analogy is i am yoruba
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

How to proffering a charge on an accused an improvement in the legal process?! that's just the first step
good question this should be the center of discussion.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

Is the Nigerian government dependent largely on oil revenues? Every Nigerian knows the answer is yes. But there is a work in progress on diversifying the economy which isn't in fruition yet. Therefore we still depend largely on oil revenues which is the basis of any economic plan in Nigeria. BRF admits that and yet contradicts himself when he tries to explain the economic hardships the country was facing due to the slump in oil prices when BRF had disputed the figures and lied we don't rely excessively on oil revenues right now.
this should answer your question if u think fashola lied or was not stating the true fact, allocation shared in june was 75% from non oil revenue which has never happen in this country before, if u think the diversification is a gymic then u should read this.

or the first time in the 2016 fiscal period, the federal, states and local governments got monthly allocation from the Federation Account of N559.03 billion.
This is as the gross revenue generated by the federation increased by N301.32 billion, the highest in almost two years.
The Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, announced this in Abuja on Thursday while addressing newsmen at the end of the FAAC meeting
She attributed the increase in revenue to efficiency in collection by the revenue generating agencies.
“The big cause of the increase is the improvement of non-oil revenue from FIRS. The FIRS improved its performance between last month and this month by N165 billion.
“And that accounted for the change in revenue and also, there was also an improvement of N12.6 billion by Nigeria Customs Service, as well as the exchange gain of N79.2 billion.
“This is a significant improved performance especially customs that was able to do so in spite of the scarcity of foreign exchange and the restrictions on the 41 items.
“So we are quite encouraged by that because it means that some of the reforms that we had started around collection improvement are beginning to bear fruit,”.
Giving a breakdown of the amount shared, Adeosun said N412.3 billion was distributed under statutory allocation; N67.4 billion under Value Added Tax revenue while the balance of N79.27 billion was allocated from gains made from exchange rate differential.
She said the Federal Government received N199.75 billion; states N101.3 billion, local governments N78.11 billion whileN17.12 billion was shared to oil producing states based on the derivation principle of 13 per cent.
For VAT, she said the Federal Government received N9.7 billion, states N32.35 billion while local governments got N22.67 billion.
“The gross statutory revenue of N538.78 billion received was higher than the N237.46 billion received in the previous month by N301.32bn.
“The average price of crude oil increased from 32.26 dollars in February to 38.64 dollars in March2016, resulting in 92.99 million dollars increase in federation export revenue.
“There was an outstanding increase in Companies Income Tax and Petroluem Profit Tax with complementary increases in import duty and royalties.”
Adeosun put the balance in the Excess Crude Account at 3.94 billion dollars as at July 20, indicating an increase of 1.68 billion dollars over the the 2.26 billion dollars in the previous month.
When asked about plans to stimulate the economy away from the looming recession, the minister said that there was no need for panic as the fundamentals of the economy were still strong.
Meanwhile the Chairman, Commissioners of Finance Forum, Mr John Inegbedion, said with the improved revenue for the month, all 36 states would be able to pay salaries for the month.
Also, the Commissioner of Finance, Cross River, Mr Asuquo Ekpenyong, said the state would start processing May and June salaries for payment. (NAN)
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

Has Boko Haram being defeated? yes or no. The actual answer is no. Even the fact that they are retreating as a group shows they are not defeated.
sonu agree they are retreating, do u retreat when u have not been dealt a big blow or when u are not losing the war?

1- is boko haram still powerful as they use to YES or NO

2- is boko haram still causing havoc as they use to YES or NO

3- are our military now in control of sabistal forest same one past government could not enter YES or NO

4- is boko haram on the run YES or NO

5-has our military stop running from boko haram as they us to before YES or NO

6- are people now returning back home YES or NO

answer this question and tell me if boko haram has not been defeated
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

This government is not dependent on Crude Oil revenues. If they were, they will not budget to diversify the economy.

But BRF admits that times are hard for the Government due to the low oil prices and that prior governments had squander the oil wealth and reserves available at that time. And the Government is battling to meet its commitments.

Implicitly the Government counted on oil revenues. besides 70percent of revenue is from oil
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
spartacus11:
sonu agree they are retreating, do u retreat when u have not been dealt a big blow or when u are not losing the war?

1- is boko haram still powerful as they use to YES or NO

2- is boko haram still causing havoc as they use to YES or NO

3- are our military now in control of sabistal forest same one past government could not enter YES or NO

4- is boko haram on the run YES or NO

5-has our military stop running from boko haram as they us to before YES or NO

6- are people now returning back home YES or NO

answer this question and tell me if boko haram has not been defeated

1. No

2. Yes

3. No

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. No
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
thegoodjoehunt3:

The Answer the same yes. Boko Haram is defeated. What we have are footprints of their harms.

Boko Haram no more control territories.

It is a bit dubious to say Boko Haram is defeated when they lose territory rather than the capacity to inflict violence and grab territory.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
spartacus11:
this should answer your question if u think fashola lied or was not stating the true fact, allocation shared in june was 75% from non oil revenue which has never happen in this country before, if u think the diversification is a gymic then u should read this.

or the first time in the 2016 fiscal period, the federal, states and local governments got monthly allocation from the Federation Account of N559.03 billion.
This is as the gross revenue generated by the federation increased by N301.32 billion, the highest in almost two years.
The Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, announced this in Abuja on Thursday while addressing newsmen at the end of the FAAC meeting
She attributed the increase in revenue to efficiency in collection by the revenue generating agencies.
“The big cause of the increase is the improvement of non-oil revenue from FIRS. The FIRS improved its performance between last month and this month by N165 billion.
“And that accounted for the change in revenue and also, there was also an improvement of N12.6 billion by Nigeria Customs Service, as well as the exchange gain of N79.2 billion.
“This is a significant improved performance especially customs that was able to do so in spite of the scarcity of foreign exchange and the restrictions on the 41 items.
“So we are quite encouraged by that because it means that some of the reforms that we had started around collection improvement are beginning to bear fruit,”.
Giving a breakdown of the amount shared, Adeosun said N412.3 billion was distributed under statutory allocation; N67.4 billion under Value Added Tax revenue while the balance of N79.27 billion was allocated from gains made from exchange rate differential.
She said the Federal Government received N199.75 billion; states N101.3 billion, local governments N78.11 billion whileN17.12 billion was shared to oil producing states based on the derivation principle of 13 per cent.
For VAT, she said the Federal Government received N9.7 billion, states N32.35 billion while local governments got N22.67 billion.
“The gross statutory revenue of N538.78 billion received was higher than the N237.46 billion received in the previous month by N301.32bn.
“The average price of crude oil increased from 32.26 dollars in February to 38.64 dollars in March2016, resulting in 92.99 million dollars increase in federation export revenue.
“There was an outstanding increase in Companies Income Tax and Petroluem Profit Tax with complementary increases in import duty and royalties.”
Adeosun put the balance in the Excess Crude Account at 3.94 billion dollars as at July 20, indicating an increase of 1.68 billion dollars over the the 2.26 billion dollars in the previous month.
When asked about plans to stimulate the economy away from the looming recession, the minister said that there was no need for panic as the fundamentals of the economy were still strong.
Meanwhile the Chairman, Commissioners of Finance Forum, Mr John Inegbedion, said with the improved revenue for the month, all 36 states would be able to pay salaries for the month.
Also, the Commissioner of Finance, Cross River, Mr Asuquo Ekpenyong, said the state would start processing May and June salaries for payment. (NAN)

There is no breakdown showing that 75 per cent of revenue in June was from non oil revenue
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by LoveMachine(m): 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
edoyad:

If you've been watching hard talk over the years you'd know that's the style, regardless of who's being interviewed.

I'm well aware of the format. I usually don't check for the program but I watched the clip to see Oga Fashola. The host has always been tactless in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

It is a bit dubious to say Boko Haram is defeated when they lose territory rather than the capacity to inflict violence and grab territory.
ur argument is laughable, are terrorist not attaching france, USA germany so will u say their ability to cause those attack means the government of countries have not defeated this terrorist group?. a government can not stop total attack from terrorist name one country that has done so Thailand was attack yesterday 21 dead, so what are u saying, a war that started 2010 claim territory bigger than the nation of Belgium, where moving freely on those zones, is that the case today, when last did u hear a bomb blast in nigeria.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

There is no breakdown showing that 75 per cent of revenue in June was from non oil revenue
the increase in revenue was 253.9 billion and that increase came from non oil revenue so are u saying u didn't see that. and total allocation shared in may was about 300 billion so if in june non oil revenue was able to produce 253 billion are u now saying u are still waiting to buhari to diversify when the diversification has stated yielding fruit.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by nurudain(m): 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
when i read through the comments for this post, they sounded as if Mr. Fashola was ridiculed by the HARDtalk presenter, but when I watched the video there was nothing of such through the length of the talk. We Nigerians need to be objective and logical; or at least be putting our selves in others shoes.
God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
spartacus11:
the increase in revenue was 253.9 billion and that increase came from non oil revenue so are u saying u didn't see that. and total allocation shared in may was about 300 billion so if in june non oil revenue was able to produce 253 billion are u now saying u are still waiting to buhari to diversify when the diversification has stated yielding fruit.

Nigeria levies a 85% tax on tax chargeable income of oil companies that money passes through the FIRS as well. And Nigeria makes billions through this means. Now the fact that FIRS produces more doesn't necessarily mean the non oil revenue rose that dramatically.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
spartacus11:
ur argument is laughable, are terrorist not attaching france, USA germany so will u say their ability to cause those attack means the government of countries have not defeated this terrorist group?. a government can not stop total attack from terrorist name one country that has done so Thailand was attack yesterday 21 dead, so what are u saying, a war that started 2010 claim territory bigger than the nation of Belgium, where moving freely on those zones, is that the case today, when last did u hear a bomb blast in nigeria.

The debate here is not whether the West does not suffer terrorist attacks. Yet the fact that ISIS or Boko Haram can deliver devastating attacks means they are not defeated.
Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

The debate here is not whether the West does not suffer terrorist attacks. Yet the fact that ISIS or Boko Haram can deliver devastating attacks means they are not defeated.
so why is boko haram not delivering devastating attacks as they use to 2 3 4 years ago? boko haram is defeated the only terrorist we have now is ipob and avengers not boko haram

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by spartacus11(m): 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
Kay17:

Nigeria levies a 85% tax on tax chargeable income of oil companies that money passes through the FIRS as well. And Nigeria makes billions through this means. Now the fact that FIRS produces more doesn't necessarily mean the non oil revenue rose that dramatically.
if u can't differentiate between taxation and oil revenue that is ur headache, so if chevron pay PAYE of his staff to government u call it oil revenue , if oando filling station pay VAT to government u call it oil revenue, please can u define what is taxation ,

700.000 company's are targeted to be on the tax net as against the 500.000 company estimate this year, so all these company are oil company, how many private university do we have in this country, how many telecommunication, how many financial institution do we have in nigeria, so tax from those sectors are oil revenue, Glo office was sealed in the month of May this year for not remitting VAT to the government for 27 billion. now what do u think will be the VAT for MTN airtel and other telecom, our banks, insurance company's, stock broker agencies. tax from Jumia Konga VAT of every item sold, jumia sold 4 billion in year 2015 what do hou think will be the VAT from the company on every item sold? i never knew taxation is oil revenue according to ur logic

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by Kay17: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
spartacus11:
if u can't differentiate between taxation and oil revenue that is ur headache, so if chevron pay PAYE of his staff to government u call it oil revenue , if oando filling station pay VAT to government u call it oil revenue, please can u define what is taxation ,

700.000 company's are targeted to be on the tax net as against the 500.000 company estimate this year, so all these company are oil company, how many private university do we have in this country, how many telecommunication, how many financial institution do we have in nigeria, so tax from those sectors are oil revenue, Glo office was sealed in the month of May this year for not remitting VAT to the government for 27 billion. now what do u think will be the VAT for MTN airtel and other telecom, our banks, insurance company's, stock broker agencies. tax from Jumia Konga VAT of every item sold, jumia sold 4 billion in year 2015 what do hou think will be the VAT from the company on every item sold? i never knew taxation is oil revenue according to ur logic

The oil revenue materializes through these special taxes. The government has a petroleum tax as separate from company income tax

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) by delvinmaya(m): 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
All comments have been enlightening, though some have displayed tribalism, nepotism and a host of undesirable things that says much about us as a nation.
Fashola gave his best yes, but couldn't give satisfactory answers where necessary. Accusations of misappropriation of public funds against him, he deflected by stating he has replied to it before, not that he is claiming he is innocent. Is he thus any different from Dasuki? Let's call a spade a spade, not try to take sides against certain people in power who only seek to enrich themselves.
We the masses keep getting worse off. And we keep hearing blames on a past government from individuals who were in positions of power and could have done a lot more to improve the lot of their states.

Only point I cheered Fashola was when he talked about England being complicit in corruption, aside that, he was merely defending his principal for a job badly done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Herd Of Cattle Spotted On Ikorodu Road (Photo) / Fulani Herdsmen: Nsukka Students Protest Invasion In Enugu [photos] / 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.