Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:49 AM

Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas (12049 Views)

Why Do Igbo People Brag A Lot About Having The Most Beautiful Women In Nigeria? / Why Do Igbo Girls Behave This Way If U Fail To Marry Them After Having A Child / 5 Things Women Hate To Hear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by AloyEmeka9: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2009
tpia.:

that's your impression of them (area boys) and you're entitled to it.

what you give is what you get.

Your second point doesnt make sense since you were lamenting the fact that women are carrying heavy equipment. Double talk or you're just plain confused, imo.

Why is it double talk?. Is it only area boys and women that carry load in the market?. Alaba suurus are preffered because they provide cheap labour and no sane person will hire an area boy to offload his truck for him or her. There are other men who are not alaye yet they carry loads. They can hire them although their services are not as cheap as the women. I don't know what is difficult to understand here.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by axeman85(m): 11:51am On Oct 01, 2009
I support aloy emeka. i thing it all depends on the mindset of the parents, reason is i am currently in the situation myself.

my fiancee even thou we are enegaged i havent met her parents becos her dad has always said yoruba lai lai. even thou he is a business man and i expected him to not have a problem with tribe. but i was fortunae to met the mum who was telling me. that yorubas dont value marriage like igbo people, she is the first born and first daughter. this and that. these were the reasons cited by the mother after my fiancee pleaded with her to at least see me. when the father found out he almost sent the mother packing out of the house, which was very shocking. what they fail to understand is that because someone is yoruba doesnt mean they all act the same way. we are still trying to convince them so keeping things low at the min.

when i told my dad and my sisters they didnt really have any issue with it apart from the fact that huge bride price and i made them understand that it is igbo families that are poor that deman big brideprice from their daughters suitors becos they see it as a way of getting out of poverty.

my mum on the other hadn said lai lai, and i was suprised becos she studied in the usa and also a learned person. so i just told her that she wont live wth me in my house, i will marry whoever i want to marry. either she likes it or she lumps it. it will and must go ahead once the girls parents reason small. grin
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by AndreUweh(m): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2009
AXEMAN85
In Igboland, either poor or rich , marriage is same. Bride price can be as cheap as 1,000:00, but the essential aspect is the dowry for example, yams, wrappers, drinks, rice, etc. This is fixed and your prospective inlaws has no say over it but the kindred.
It has always been The Yoruba men wanting to marry Igbo women. Does it mean that the Yorubas no longer raise beautiful women as well as educated and well-behaved women for marriage?.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by juwonworld(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2009
80% of Yoruba guys dey 2muchly HANDSOME, SEXY, AND HIGHLY INTELLIGENT cheesy, so if the yoruba guys marry igbo girls in yoruba land, after enjoying the flavour in them for a while (2 years) , they go into the bush again for another one kiss

Ebi like say the girl mama dey talk out of experience ooo!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2009
Andre Uweh:

AXEMAN85
  It has always been The Yoruba men wanting to marry Igbo women. Does it mean that the Yorubas no longer raise beautiful women as well as educated and well-behaved women for marriage?.

i will fight you oh angry

i can be just as tribalist as you if you want it that way.

Should someone post a rejoinder to this post of yours and give an unflattering description of Igbo women, you and your likes will be up in arms crying everywhere.

I dont know who that woman was that begged you to marry her daughters but dont think every Yoruba woman is looking for Igbo men to date her daughters. Quite the opposite.

anyone who feels like bashing Yorubas and Yoruba women in particular should bring it on. Even if you're Yoruba.

We say someone who didnt receive home training at home will get it outside the home. Some of you will receive your home training on Nairaland. I dey here for una.

angry angry
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by asha80(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2009
^^^
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2009
angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by AndreUweh(m): 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2009
Tpia I be your friend nah wetin I do wey you wan fight me. I have only been honest, you have more yoruba men wanting to marry Igbo women and not the other way round.
The yoruba mother did not beg me to marry her second daughter. She meant if I was searching for a wife, I should go for one that is not engaged to another man such as her second daughter. But you know, it is not proper to make such a switch as I am God-fearing.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2009
Andre Uweh:

Tpia I be your friend nah wetin I do wey you wan fight me. I have only been honest, you have more yoruba men wanting to marry Igbo women and not the other way round.
The yoruba mother did not beg me to marry her second daughter. She meant if I was searching for a wife, I should go for one that is not engaged to another man such as her second daughter. But you know, it is not proper to make such a switch as I am God-fearing.

its annoying when you people keep saying Yoruba men are the ones running after Igbo women.

what about the Igbo women who chase Yoruba men ? Do you think it doesnt happen? When I've seen these things with my own eyes ?

and Yoruba men run after anybody- that's a well known fact. If they seem to be running after Igbo women its because they (Igbo women) are in the vicinity and available. If no Igbo women are around then they'll run after some other females.

and what do you mean by this:

Andre Uweh:

why must people not get offended by these types of posts but when the shoe is on the other foot and its some other tribe- especially Igbo- people will be shouted down for any similar observation?
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by AndreUweh(m): 2:38pm On Oct 01, 2009
tpia.:

its annoying when you people keep saying Yoruba men are the ones running after Igbo women.

what about the Igbo women who chase Yoruba men ? Do you think it doesnt happen? When I've seen these things with my own eyes ?
You are right, but when you weigh it on the same scale, you will see that it weighs more on the left than the right. Do not be annoyed, but it is true.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2009
Andre Uweh:

You are right, but when you weigh it on the same scale, you will see that weighs more on the left than the right. Do not be annoyed, but it is true.

from what[b] I [/b] know, Igbo women run after Yoruba men just as much as Yoruba men run after them.

Maybe in your experience, its the Yoruba men chasing Igbo women at all costs.

Its consensual, imo.

Someone saying a Yoruba man was calling her in the middle of the night because he felt Hot, doesnt mean the same guy cant do the exact same thing with a non-Igbo female.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by chic2pimp(m): 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2009
Andre Uweh:

AXEMAN85
In Igboland, either poor or rich , marriage is same. Bride price can be as cheap as 1,000:00, but the essential aspect is the dowry for example, yams, wrappers, drinks, rice, etc. This is fixed and your prospective inlaws has no say over it but the kindred.
Well, the Igbo Men who chase yoruba women don't think so ,do they? undecided
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2009
Andre Uweh:

AXEMAN85

Here's a better question, does it mean that Igbo women are sick of you control freaks which is why they are running into the hands of Yoruba men for marriage? After all, isnt it the women who says YES or NO to the proposal.

Awon ranu.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by IYANGBALI: 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2009
Apart from the hatred the 2 tribes have for each other since the end of the civil war the main reason is simply because most yorubas would not want to pay the high bride price{dowry} and all that that igbos always demand before one could marry their daughters,it makes no sense to them when compare to what they pay for girls from their side, that is just the gospel truth,take it or leave it.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by fitzmayowa: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2009
@ post, the asking price is just too much cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by chiogo(f): 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2009
If one isn't Nigerian eh, one would think Nigeria is made up of only the Yoruba and Igbo ethnic groups. sheesh. Igbo vs Yoruba everywhere.
Get a life people, nobody cares. And the whole bride price talk is bullshit because it's usually a little amount of money, it's an old "culture", that's why it's
still there. Personally don't want any stupid bride price so long as I ain't paying for the wedding. tongue
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by chic2pimp(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2009
chiogo:

Personally don't want any stupid bride price so long as I ain't paying for the wedding. tongue
See ya big mouth * Shior* tongue
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by chiogo(f): 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2009
see me see trouble. . .am I supposed to pay for the wedding?
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2009
Didn't even know there was even any war of some sort between tribes until I came to nairaland
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by chiogo(f): 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2009
ibkaye:

Didn't even know there was even any war of some sort between tribes until I came to nairaland
Exactly. I bet half of 'em can't spew half of these things in real life.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2009
chiogo:

Exactly. I bet half of 'em can't spew half of these things in real life.
Ditto cheesy
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by chic2pimp(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2009
chiogo:

see me see trouble. . .am I supposed to pay for the wedding?
Yes ke. Abi who else will pay ehn? undecided

The average cost of a U.K wedding is just simply ridiculous.

ibkaye:

Nah there is no war. It's just jobless folks hiding behind their screens spreading hate.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2009
chic2pimp:

Nah there is no war. It's just jobless folks hiding behind their screens spreading hate.

If you put it that way.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by sjeezy8: 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2009
I thought the wifes family pays for the wedding, because the husband will be paying for her, for the rest of their lives.

Everything sjeezy says on NL sjeezy says in real life. Folks on NL should lighten up
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by AloyEmeka9: 11:13pm On Oct 01, 2009
tpia.:

and Yoruba men run after anybody- that's a well known fact. If they seem to be running after Igbo women its because they (Igbo women) are in the vicinity and available. If no Igbo women are around then they'll run after some other females.

So you are saying that Yoruba men are classless dogs?. You need to watch your tongue seriously. This is not the first time you are throwing a swipe at Yoruba men among many for igbo men.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by AloyEmeka9: 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2009
IYA NGBALI:

Apart from the hatred the 2 tribes have for each other since the end of the civil war the main reason is simply because most yorubas would not want to pay the high bride price{dowry} and all that that igbos always demand before one could marry their daughters,it makes no sense to them when compare to what the pay for girls from their side, that is just the gospel truth,take it or leave it.

Why do you like to believe rubbish. If igbos ask too much money for their daughters as bride price, how did the igbo okada men, truck pushers etc marry? Or did they marry non igbo women?. Many civil servants in Nigeria earn less than N50K a month and they paid their rent, fed themselves and married igbo women. How did they do that?

Try and think over any gist you hear logically before putting it out in public.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by THEAMAKA(f): 11:20pm On Oct 01, 2009
this topic is DEAD!
its time to get a tomb stone and bury this shit.
tongue
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by 8words(m): 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2009
This topic should stop. As an igbo guy i will never chase a yoruba girl at all.
Aturu na Ewu Abui Otu.
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by AloyEmeka9: 12:06am On Oct 02, 2009
8 words:

Aturu na Ewu Abui Otu.

I can see all Yoruba women trying to commit suicide because you refuse to chase them. undecided
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by Kunbee: 12:18am On Oct 02, 2009
8 words:

Aturu na Ewu Abui Otu.

Thank God i will be saved from bad breath and bad diction Ode oniranu omo oponu who wants u mschew
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:20am On Oct 02, 2009
LMao, at least you wont end up dead Kunbee

Berra thank your Lord cheesy
Re: Why Do Igbo In Yoruba Land Hate To Give Their Daughter To Yorubas by Treetop20(m): 12:37am On Oct 02, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

LMao, at least you wont end up dead Kunbee

Berra thank your Lord cheesy
how typical

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Outcome (needs Advice) / I Just Found Out She Did Abortion Twice Before We Met. / Chilling With The Prettiest Girl In Campus - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.