Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,494 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? (29483 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 12:25am On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Coward!Puts up a front on Nairaland but is just a sissy in front of mama [/b]

Mother killer. Resurrecting strangers daily but allowing his own mama remain in the grave.

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 21, 2016
Weah96:

Mother killer. Resurrecting strangers daily but allowing his own mama remain in the grave.

Are you hurt this bad?

[img]http://i.amz.mshcdn.com/UBGOQlZtnrOLKhzVSkHQg_bMM-E=/fit-in/1200x9600/http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FGlee.gif[/img]

[img]http://media0./media/srG5YjCn51OIE/200_s.gif[/img]

All this rage over 2 words...MAMAS BOY!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 21, 2016
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 12:43am On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

All this rage over 2 words...MAMAS BOY!

Sadistic liar. It's your refusal to contribute to the thread. You follow me around with your mama's boy nonsense, you NEVER say anything other than whine mamas boy, mamas boy. You never follow your insult with something related to the thread.

You can insult me, and then address my comment. At least you will be saying something related to the OP. All you do is say mamas boy, mamas boy, mamas boy, like a mental invalid, a demented he goat. I used to get equally mad in elementary school, when other f.oolish kids would act like you, saying the same thing over and over.

Say something related to the OP. You already claimed super powers before, you say you have brought back the dead. Removed blindness. Healed HIV. Why could you not revive your dear mother? It's a terrible burden to bear, must be.

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 21, 2016
Weah96:

Sadistic liar. It's your refusal to contribute to the thread. You follow me around with your mama's boy nonsense, you NEVER say anything other than whine mamas boy, mamas boy. You never follow your insult with something related to the thread.

You can insult me, and then address my comment. At least you will be saying something related to the OP. All you do is say mamas boy, mamas boy, mamas boy, like a mental invalid, a demented he goat. I used to get equally mad in elementary school, when other f.oolish kids would act like you, saying the same thing over and over.

Say something related to the OP. You already claimed super powers before, you say you have brought back the dead. Removed blindness. Healed HIV. Why could you not revive your dear mother? It's a terrible burden to bear, must be.

Mamas boy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 21, 2016

Even celebs are mamas boys so why your own dey pain you reach like this. You must hate your mama so much to want to be associated with her. Thats the only reason i can see that would make you blow a fuse when called a mamas boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by kilo4sure: 6:38am On Aug 21, 2016
dalaman:

The gospel was spread through conquest. You guys don't even know the history of Christianity. After Emperor Constantine accepted christianity, he made sure his subjects also accepted the religion. Later on christianity was made the official religion of the Roman empire and as they went around killing people and conquering their lands through conquest they made sure that the people were forced to accept christianity. That was how christianity was spread through conquest and force. The conquistadors did same to the whole of South and North America some few hundred years ago and killed close to 100 million people in the process.
You are wrong, Constantine had no choice but to accept Christianity because it was already spreading too fast in the empire amidst other competing pagan religions. He observed that even his military men had begun to accept the new religion. Part of the reasons why Christianity overcame other pagan religions so easily was that it was free for all men and women of all classes and was unlike the other cults where the secrets of the religion was known only to a few. It was also not very ritualistic hence less expensive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by dalaman: 6:57am On Aug 21, 2016
kilo4sure:

You are wrong, Constantine had no choice but to accept Christianity because it was already spreading too fast in the empire amidst other competing pagan religions. He observed that even his military men had begun to accept the new religion. Part of the reasons why Christianity overcame other pagan religions so easily was that it was free for all men and women of all classes and was unlike the other cults where the secrets of the religion was known only to a few. It was also not very ritualistic hence less expensive

How am I wrong? Christianity spread mostly through conquest. Once it was made the official religion of the Roman empire they made sure that all the people they conquered practiced the religion. That was how the religion was spread through out the Roman empire and subsequently most of the world. He slave masters and colonialist brought it here to us through conquest as well.

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by dalaman: 7:05am On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

i asked a simple question and you come up with a red herring? shocked shocked...figures!

You never know when to stop do you? My data is alive and well thank you for asking. Just next time do not use speculations to make a point. Its shallow and desperate.

At least it's better to use speculation than outright lies. Why is repeating what you said paining you? Where you not the one that said you brought a person that died back to life? Why e dey pain you grin.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by warrah(m): 8:05am On Aug 21, 2016
oglalasioux:

The Egyptians and the Greeks never believed in the christian god. Civilization started with them.
As for the progress of later times, your bible can give us an answer to why they are no records of the achievements of people who don't believe in a god or gods. The people who formed your religion unleashed age old genocidal murder of everyone opposed to them and their god. Do you know how many books on science the church banned or burned? Galileo's Dialogue and even Newton's Principia were nearly wiped out.

I still urge you to read James Michener's The Source.

(I suggest you make your arguments with points than insults. It doesn't tell good of an intellectual and I believe you are one)

one question......

The early Egyptians and Greeks that started civilisation, did they believe in any God at all or were they pure atheist......
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 21, 2016
dalaman:

At least it's better to use speculation than outright lies. Why is repeating what you said paining you? Where you not the one that said you brought a person that died back to life? Why e dey pain you grin.

For Gods sake where in my post did your comment "pain" me? I was only cautioning you and in no way was i discomfited. You are so desperate with all these your red herrings. grin grin

If you believe i never raised the dead i go open your head change your reasoning? Doesnt stop the already raised from still being alive does it? undecided
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by kilo4sure: 8:44am On Aug 21, 2016
dalaman:

How am I wrong? Christianity spread mostly through conquest. Once it was made the official religion of the Roman empire they made sure that all the people they conquered practiced the religion. That was how the religion was spread through out the Roman empire and subsequently most of the world. He slave masters and colonialist brought it here to us through conquest as well.
Why was it made the official religion of the Roman Empire?
Answer....Because it was already spreading fast in the decaying Roman Empire, even among the elite class.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by hahn(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Totally an orphan. Thats part of manhood. Some whimps would never get that. If only they knew the whimp thing was all a phase.

Same here grin

Lol. Yeah, I agree. But I no dey your assumption towards weah96 o tongue
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2016
hahn:

Same here grin

Lol. Yeah, I agree. But I no dey your assumption towards weah96 o tongue

grin grin I have never seen truth giving someone so much anger before. Yesterday was an eye opener for me. Men need to be men especially if they can register on NL by themselves and type so much hatred and venom by themselves so why not be accountable to your words?

Goodmorning!
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by hahn(m): 8:59am On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

grin grin I have never seen truth giving someone so much anger before. Yesterday was an eye opener for me. Men need to be men especially if they can register on NL by themselves and type so much hatred and venom by themselves so why not be accountable to your words?

Goodmorning!

Good morning grin

Mad man tongue cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by oglalasioux(m): 9:00am On Aug 21, 2016
warrah:

one question......

The early Egyptians and Greeks that started civilisation, did they believe in any God at all or were they pure atheist......

1) Are you saying you believe in the Egyptian and Greek gods? Do they exist? My answer is no.

2) Everyone believe in a higher power (my posts on different religious topics affirm I believe a higher power is responsible for the universe), but is the Abrahamic religion god real? Is it the god responsible for the universe? Does that god even exist? No.

3) Evidence have shown that mankind created gods of different forms to suit their opinion of the universe especially the forces that rule the universe; gravity, electromagnetism and the nuclear forces.

4) Science found out that what mankind call gods doesn't exist. It's just the forces of the universe in action and that is the basis of atheism. Because all the gods manifest in exactly the same way (I can give you more insight on this), they are nothing but the laws of physics in action.

5) Who created the laws of physics, you may ask. It goes all the way to the big bang and I strongly believe a higher power set it off (if we are not products of a black hole from another universe) and such power cannot single out the Jews as it's special people giving them the leverage to murder other people and usurp their land.

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 21, 2016
hahn:

Good morning grin

Mad man tongue cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

grin grin You do get my drift! Guys will bash and beat their chest but last last will become tight. No be to dey rake like woman up and down be the in thing. See as me and you dey flow now even though you be Atheistic mumu and me be Christian G. You know na grin grin wink

chop knuckle my guy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by hahn(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

grin grin You do get my drift! Guys will bash and beat their chest but last last will become tight. No be to dey rake like woman up and down be the in thing. See as me and you dey flow now even though you be Atheistic mumu and me be Christian G. You know na grin grin wink

chop knuckle my guy.

Lol. You wey you wey dey worship dead body cheesy grin

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 21, 2016
hahn:

Lol. You wey you wey dey worship dead body cheesy grin

The person wey talk am don dey dream about am for long. But wait o...why the thing sef dey bother am? Atheists are not supposed to be bothered about whats right or whats wrong na. grin grin

My Jesus dey alive well well and me and Him yarn this morning when i woke up and He assured me of something major this week. The paths of the righteous are ordered by God!

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by warrah(m): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
oglalasioux:

1) Are you saying you believe in the Egyptian and Greek gods? Do they exist? My answer is no.

2) Everyone believe in a higher power (my posts on different religious topics affirm I believe a higher power is responsible for the universe), but is the Abrahamic religion god real? Is it the god responsible for the universe? Does that god even exist? No.

3) Evidence have shown that mankind created gods of different forms to suit their opinion of the universe especially the forces that rule the universe; gravity, electromagnetism and the nuclear forces.

4) Science found out that what mankind call gods doesn't exist. It's just the forces of the universe in action and that is the basis of atheism. Because all the gods manifest in exactly the same way (I can give you more insight on this), they are nothing but the laws of physics in action.

5) Who created the laws of physics, you may ask. It goes all the way to the big bang and I strongly believe a higher power set it off (if we are not products of a black hole from another universe) and such power cannot single out the Jews as it's special people giving them the leverage to murder other people and usurp their land.

you sound quite intelligent, I will admit to that, but beware to avoid committing HUBRIS...

You believe in a higher being right? others also believe in this same higher being, but saying that others belief in this same higher being though albeit different from your own interpretation of this higher being is not genuine is what I don't subscribe to .......

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
Still no mention of any atheist's name ?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
oglalasioux:

You say very foolish things with confidence . I must commend that audacity you have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by oglalasioux(m): 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You say very foolish things with confidence . I must commend that audacity you have

Make your points and stop the insults. If you don't agree with the things I said just give your reasons or rather don't respond to them. I'll still advise you to refrain from calling people foolish because they don't buy your idea. Check my posts very well. I don't have a reason to call anyone foolish rather I make my points and give references where necessary.

The audacity with which I base my arguments are derived from a twenty years painstaking research. I don't engage in blind arguments. I've read the bible back to back and many religious books. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
oglalasioux:

4)[size=15pt] Science found out that what mankind call gods doesn't exist. It's just the forces of the universe in action and that is the basis of atheism. [/size]Because all the gods manifest in exactly the same way (I can give you more insight on this), they are nothing but the laws of physics in action.

[size=15pt]5) Who created the laws of physics, you may ask. It goes all the way to the big bang and I strongly believe a higher power set it off (if we are not products of a black hole from another universe)[/size] and such power cannot single out the Jews as it's special people giving them the leverage to murder other people and usurp their land.

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ah ah, argument I thought had ended. cheesy Raphiemontella so after I embarrassed you and exposed your unintelligence to the world, you still had guts to come up with a reply cheesy

Well the more you fill your posts with petty insults and ramblings, you give me more contents in your post to cross out and delete. (I already told you I'm too mature for all that)

raphieMontella:
u made no sense here..as usual m nt suprised

"You can't even spell properly and type intelligible sentences. Like WtH!?"

Lol If this simple quote made no sense to your head, then you definitely aren't smart at all. Before you say I'm insulting you, check for the meaning of "smart" and see whether someone who didn't understand that simple statement can be regarded as a smart person, then you can reflect upon your shame when you're done.

raphieMontella:
to show the truth to everyone
Even in a court of law, "he who asserts must prove". If you assert that whatever part of the Bible says something, then post everything and explain to us what it's saying. You don't just remove a portion of the scripture from its context and leave me with the burden of proof to post everything and still lecture you like a pupil at the same time. Thats not how arguments work bro.

And when I say you're uneducated you say I'm insulting you lol.

raphieMontella:
Oh u need more?
Deut 13:6
"If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own life entices you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods--gods you have not known, you nor your fathers," (Where are the free thinkers here nau? )

Stoning people who want to drag you to pagan doctrines to death...still on this?

Removing this from context, again.
FYI, that period, the Israelites were surrounded by pagan tribes with hardcore rituals - örgies, human sacrifice; usually infants were sacrificed etc. And that's just few of them; many parts of the Old Testament described other heinous pagan practices like that. Anybody enticing someone to leave God who rescued them from years of slavery and join those gods will be subjecting someone's generation to those kind of problems. The Israelites proved to be disobedient from time to time; these were the same Israelites that started worshipping other gods even before Moses could come down from the mountain with the Ten Commandments. They needed a harsh deterrent to avoid them from shifting over and subjecting themselves to the chaos caused by those pagans.

Yet again, I've explained why that law does not apply to Christians, so what are you saying?

And more importantly, there are no free thinkers mentioned in that passage sef, as you claimed... (I hope you even know who a freethinker is)

So raphiemonteller I'm still waiting for you to show me:
I. Where the Bible said we should kill free thinkers.
then you also show me...
II. Where the Bible said we should ignore the fact that Christ cancelled out the act of killing people so that we can still go ahead and kill those free thinkers.

Do this, then I will agree with you that Christianity supports the killing of free thinkers. Until then, I can't take you seriously.

raphieMontella:
2 chronicles 15:13
"And that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman."

In fact, you just threw away the context behind this one and twisted everything. This is your worst attempt. Why didn't you post the other parts? You pointed to only verse 13 tongue

FYI, 2nd Chronicles tells how the king of Judah, the people of Judah and Benjamin, had strayed away from God but later turned back to Him in times of distress. Then they gathered together and made a covenant saying that they, as individuals and as a group, are committing to seek and follow God and if they don’t follow through on the covenant, they should be put to death. A group of people said this, not God. So why do you lie like this? What are you saying?

Lol, oh poor raphiemontella are you not ashamed of getting caught with these dirty tactics? Can't you win an argument fairly without resorting to lies? Or did you just read and you couldn't understand? When will you get tired of this foolishness? cheesy

raphieMontella:
so shud i list the ones not touched by jesus?
Or jesus amended all?

The moment Jesus said "whoever is sinless, throw the first stone" and when he said we should not procure judgement on one another, he had already amended every law that had to do with us personally sanctioning others. Don't stone anybody to death, don't kill anybody for doing [insert sin here], forget "an eye for an eye" etc.

In fact, the harsh parts of the laws of Moses were done away with after Jesus died on the cross. (Colossians 2:13-14)

With all this into consideration, how could a sensible person say Christianity supports barbaric laws, even when the salvation is staring at you right in the face if you just read and understand the Bible well.

You've proven that you don't even understand Christianity in the first place.

raphieMontella:
bullshit..anoda vulgar word..
Yahweh must be proud...

lol Your parents, on the other hand, must be very ashamed...

raphieMontella:
so something must be stated before u can read the meaning?
[s]Re u that daft?
The commandment thou shall not kill..does it apply to insects nd trees?
U geh sense at all?[/s]

Guy...(I will lecture you because I know your own case of illiteracy is very serious)
Comprehension is a basic subject in primary school; one is expected to use the information given to him in a literary passage to determine facts and answer questions. Well even if something's not written there, it should be hinted. Now you've already realised that that rubbish you said wasn't written in the Bible. So now where in that Bible passage was it even hinted that the reason Jesus forgave that adulteress is because they caught only her and they didn't catch the other man?

raphieMontella:
stupidity at its peak..
He had the power to forgive and wipe her sins..nt human-like forgivness
Stupid

So Jesus did not require the Pharisses who brought her to still forgive her shey? You're not making sense bro.

raphieMontella:
thats what u implied with ur original statement...
Scroll up

Kindly explain how I implied that Jesus supports adultery. This is how you've been twisting and misquoting upandan

raphieMontella:
u dull o..walai

Lol! This is all you can say after you read a detailed paragraph that proved you wrong so very embarrassingly! cheesy

raphieMontella:
[s]stupidity will never allow u think before typing..
Ur bible(god) told us humans think with their heart..
Science said we think with our brains...is that not our own personal understanding which differs from the biblical(god) one?
Bible said light can enter into the earth without the sun
science said it is a lie..is it ur gods own understanding or ours?
Bible said plants existed and functioned without the sun..
Science says it is impossible

science says the universe formed thru a big bang..bible said god automatically creates it...
Bible said we cannot know how the foetus forms in the womb
embroyology has told us how
U geh sense at all?[/s]
U need more theories?

Misconceptions, wrong interpretations, trifles and plethora of passages that you're not smart enough to understand.

By the way I don't need theories, I need concrete and undeniable facts. None of which I expect someone like you to lecture me on. Don't bring pointless arguments into this topic.

raphieMontella:
if u cannot think outside ur religious box...science is nt for u

And yet I'm the one explaining science to you. grin

raphieMontella:
[s]u proved me right..u run ur hands to type like a fool without reading first..
I said it is AMP that included insight..in other versions it is only understanding..
Use ur head

if we dont rely on insight how then does the laws gotten from insight work?
U dnt even understand the word rely sef..
Ur brain is too young to comprehend[/s]

insight/understanding/intuition/natural ability etc etc. you're just backpedaling around semantics and synonyms that don't even help your argument in any way. The "insight" sef that you were arguing that it's only in the amp version, why are you now using it to defend yourself? Have you seen how confused you are?

Outside the amp version that you so hate sef, it was written "do not lean" on your understanding. Don't lean or depend on your own understanding; on the conclusions based primarily on your own perspective. No scientist does this. I've already explained to you why science disagrees with you, dunno why you're still arguing blindly.

There were scientific people at that time sef; even apostle Luke was a physician. Did Jesus ever shout at them to repent of their scientific ways? grin Wisdom and understanding is also preached in the Bible sef, so if you think that verse meant that we shouldn't reason and understand anything then you don't even know what you were reading; you just grabbed it out of context as usual.

raphieMontella:
off point..dnt deviate or crawl back to bed

Oga you cannot spell, and I am pointing it out to you, is it a crime? cheesy After deviating from the topic yourself, you're now preaching to me not to deviate. Hypocrite

raphieMontella:
if u cannot see the corelation
[s]then raise ur hand...far from ur head nd give it a good knock..
Hopefully twud kick up ur brain nd make it active[/s]

Corela-what? How is all your rubbish talk now related to the topic? All you've done so far is throw a fit of rage and tantrum because you've had nothing to contribute. Abegi! grin

raphieMontella:
this statement shows the level of ur intelligence...

Lol Oh please, I'm intellectually better than you... Clearly wink

You've displayed too much illiteracy here already.

My advice for you sir...

Btw, if you even dare reply this, better be prepared to contribute to the topic this time. Your rubbish is too much.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by felixomor: 3:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Strawman:
Ah ah, argument I thought had ended. cheesy Raphiemontella so after I embarrassed you and exposed your unintelligence to the world, you still had guts to come up with a reply cheesy

Well the more you fill your posts with petty insults and ramblings, you give me more contents in your post to cross out and delete. (I already told you I'm too mature for all that.

"You can't even spell properly and type intelligible sentences. Like WtH!?"

Lol If this simple quote made no sense to your head, then you definitely aren't smart at all. Before you say I'm insulting you, check for the meaning of "smart" and see whether someone who didn't understand that simple statement can be regarded as a smart person, then you can reflect upon your shame when you're done.

Even in a court of law, "he who asserts must prove". If you assert that whatever part of the Bible says something, then post everything and explain to us what it's saying. You don't just remove a portion of the scripture from its context and leave me with the burden of proof to post everything and still lecture you like a pupil at the same time. Thats not how arguments work bro.

And when I say you're uneducated you say I'm insulting you lol.

"If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own life entices you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods--gods you have not known, you nor your fathers," (Where are the free thinkers here nau? )

Stoning people who want to drag you to pagan doctrines to death...still on this?

Removing this from context, again.
FYI, that period, the Israelites were surrounded by pagan tribes with hardcore rituals - örgies, human sacrifice; usually infants were sacrificed etc. And that's just few of them; many parts of the Old Testament described other heinous pagan practices like that. Anybody enticing someone to leave God who rescued them from years of slavery and join those gods will be subjecting someone's generation to those kind of problems. The Israelites proved to be disobedient from time to time; these were the same Israelites that started worshipping other gods even before Moses could come down from the mountain with the Ten Commandments. They needed a harsh deterrent to avoid them from shifting over and subjecting themselves to the chaos caused by those pagans.

Yet again, I've explained why that law does not apply to Christians, so what are you saying?

And more importantly, there are no free thinkers mentioned in that passage sef, as you claimed... (I hope you even know who a freethinker is)

So raphiemonteller I'm still waiting for you to show me:
I. Where the Bible said we should kill free thinkers.
then you also show me...
II. Where the Bible said we should ignore the fact that Christ cancelled out the act of killing people so that we can still go ahead and kill those free thinkers.

Do this, then I will agree with you that Christianity supports the killing of free thinkers. Until then, I can't take you seriously.

"And that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman."

In fact, you just threw away the context behind this one and twisted everything. This is your worst attempt. Why didn't you post the other parts? You pointed to only verse 13 tongue

FYI, 2nd Chronicles tells how the king of Judah, the people of Judah and Benjamin, had strayed away from God but later turned back to Him in times of distress. Then they gathered together and made a covenant saying that they, as individuals and as a group, are committing to seek and follow God and if they don’t follow through on the covenant, they should be put to death. A group of people said this, not God. So why do lie like this? What are you saying?

Lol, oh poor raphiemontella are you not ashamed of getting caught with these dirty tactics? Can't you win an argument fairly without resorting to lies? Or did you just read and you couldn't understand? When will you get tired of this foolishness? cheesy

The moment Jesus said "whoever is sinless, throw the first stone" and when he said we should not procure judgement on one another, he had already amended every law that had to do with us personally sanctioning others. Don't stone anybody to death, don't kill anybody for doing [insert sin here], forget "an eye for an eye" etc.

In fact, the harsh parts of the laws of Moses were done away with after Jesus died on the cross. (Colossians 2:13-14)

With all this into consideration, how could a sensible person say Christianity supports barbaric laws, even when the salvation is staring at you right in the face if you just read and understand the Bible well.

You've proven that you don't even understand Christianity in the first place.

lol Your parents, on the other hand, must be very ashamed...

Guy...(I will lecture you because I know your own case of illiteracy is very serious)
Comprehension is a basic subject in primary school; one is expected to use the information given to him in a literary passage to determine facts and answer questions. Well even if something's not written there, it should be hinted. Now you've already realised that that rubbish you said wasn't written in the Bible. So now where in that Bible passage was it even hinted that the reason Jesus forgave that adulteress is because they caught only her and they didn't catch the other man?

So Jesus did not require the Pharisses who brought her to still forgive her shey? You're not making sense bro.

Kindly explain how I implied that Jesus supports adultery. This is how you've been twisting and misquoting upandan

Lol! This is all you can say after you read a detailed paragraph that proved you wrong so very embarrassingly! cheesy

Misconceptions, wrong interpretations, trifles and plethora of passages that you're not smart enough to understand.

By the way I don't need theories, I need concrete and undeniable facts. None of which I expect someone like you to lecture me on. Don't bring pointless arguments into this topic.

And yet I'm the one explaining science to you. grin

insight/understanding/intuition/natural ability etc etc. you're just backpedaling around semantics and synonyms that don't even help your argument in any way. The "insight" sef that you were arguing that it's only in the amp version, why are you now using it to defend yourself? Have you seen how confused you are?

Outside the amp version that you so hate sef, it was written "do not lean" on your understanding. Don't lean or depend on your own understanding; on the conclusions based primarily on your own perspective. No scientist does this. I've already explained to you why science disagrees with you, dunno why you're still arguing blindly.

There were scientific people at that time sef; even apostle Luke was a physician. Did Jesus ever shout at them to repent of their scientific ways? grin Wisdom and understanding is also preached in the Bible sef, so if you think that verse meant that we shouldn't reason and understand anything then you don't even know what you were reading; you just grabbed it out of context as usual.

Oga you cannot spell, and I am pointing it out to you, is it a crime? cheesy After deviating from the topic yourself, you're now preaching to me not to deviate. Hypocrite

Corela-what? How is all your rubbish talk now related to the topic? All you've done so far is throw a fit of rage and tantrum because you've had nothing to contribute. Abegi! grin

Lol Oh please, I'm intellectually better than you... Clearly wink

You've displayed too much illiteracy here already.

My advice for you sir...

Btw, if you even dare reply this, better be prepared to contribute to the topic this time. Your rubbish is too much.

The same guy once insulted me too, when I corrected him on english and his "gbagaun" sybdrome.

The guy smashed so many bottles that day, I was running for cover.

The funny thing is that he never even stops to take the correction.

Thank God he has gotten another confirmation.

I hope he learns this time.

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 7:49am On Aug 22, 2016
felixomor:

The same guy once insulted me too, when I corrected him on english and his "gbagaun" sybdrome.

Lol believe me, for the case of that crazy man, poor English should be the least of his problems. The least! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 22, 2016
Strawman:

Lol believe me, for the case of that crazy man, poor English should be the least of his problems. The least! cheesy

Superb post up there bro....this your moniker is a blessing in disguise o. Now they are forcing you to be more outspoken due to the frequency of its mention........ I now crown you the babaplenty1 of nairaland....

Their supposed intelligence is highly overrated as most of them are just having hormonal issues as teenagers and just lash out at anything in rebellion and atheism has become like a fashion trend with them.

Today we now have new atheists who are different from the first generation atheists so they are like fashion trends...always changing but never lasting long....just like the bobby brown haircut or stone wash jeans.

Be more active bro as the field of nairaland is ripe and we need labourers. Several have been communicating with me offline as they want to "decamp"..

God bless you real good.

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 9:41am On Aug 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Superb post up there bro....this your moniker is a blessing in disguise o. Now they are forcing you to be more outspoken due to the frequency of its mention........ I now crown you the babaplenty1 of nairaland....

Their supposed intelligence is highly overrated as most of them are just having hormonal issues as teenagers and just lash out at anything in rebellion and atheism has become like a fashion trend with them.

Today we now have new atheists who are different from the first generation atheists so they are like fashion trends...always changing but never lasting long....just like the bobby brown haircut or stone wash jeans.

Be more active bro as the field of nairaland is ripe and we need labourers. Several have been communicating with me offline as they want to "decamp"..

God bless you real good.

My brother in the Lord, I humbly accept the honourable title of babaplenty1 grin

I initially joined NL to be a troll (you can check my first 2 threads sef), but hey, on the internet you can become anything you want to be, so why be something stupid? There are too many mad men running loose in the wild (e.g. in fact you know the person), and I'll always be here to lecture them and save the masses from their stupidity.

Whenever you notice their usual rigmarole talks, do not hesitate to mention and call out the strawman in their arguments. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 22, 2016
Strawman:

My brother in the Lord, I humbly accept the honourable title of babaplenty1 grin

I initially joined NL to be a troll (you can check my first 2 threads sef), but hey, on the internet you can become anything you want to be, so why be something stupid? There are too many mad men running loose in the wild (e.g. in fact you know the person), and I'll always be here to lecture them and save the masses from their stupidity.

Whenever you notice their usual rigmarole talks, do not hesitate to mention and call out the strawman in their arguments. wink

Captain Strawman the babaplenty1 of Nairaland to the rescue! grin grin

[img]http://media./media/13aQxgLliMfkaY/giphy.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
felixomor:

Mr felixomor the inerrant boy...
What do u have to say?@bolded
are u sure chronic hypocrisy is nt in ur veins?
when christians lose an argument..they resort to childish discussions to cover up their shame...e.g mr felixomor

do u?
Hypocrisy is ur second name...to be honest..it is..

For someone who could say Hitler was an atheist and when he was corrected he started to rigmarole...
hypocrite

of course...how can u see his foolishness when u are also a hypocrite?

learning is not a bad thing...even science learns new things...so whats the fuss about?
The very thing u preach against is the same thing u hold close at heart..
Are u sure u're not a servant of lucifer?

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by felixomor: 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
raphieMontella:

Mr felixomor the inerrant boy...
What do u have to say?@bolded
are u sure chronic hypocrisy is nt in ur veins?

when christians lose an argument..they resort to childish discussions to cover up their shame...e.g mr felixomor

do u?
Hypocrisy is ur second name...to be honest..it is..

For someone who could say Hitler was an atheist and when he was corrected he started to rigmarole...
hypocrite

of course...how can u see his foolishness when u are also a hypocrite?

learning is not a bad thing...even science learns new things...so whats the fuss about?
The very thing u preach against is the same thing u hold close at heart..
Are u sure u're not a servant of lucifer?

Hahaha, so u believe in lucifer now?
God have mercy on u.
Empty vessel, receive knowledge!

Say amen ! wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

U.K Fines Pastor Chris Oyakhilome For Spreading Covid19 Conspiracy Theories. / Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React / 10-Year-Old Twin Boys Born Deaf & Dumb Healed By God Of Chosen (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.