Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,071 members, 7,811,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? (29209 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
dalaman:

Atheism was a crime at that time as such there were no outspoken atheist. If you were caught promoting athiesm you'll be killed.

Name one single outspoken atheist within that period that openly professes his/her atheism in Europe. Just name one.
i wonder when honesty wud become a true trait of christianity...
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

Ehya. My mom died in 2007 and I buried her too. At least she was a born again Christian when she died. She is probably in heaven right now. That is if it exists tongue

Are you also an orphan?

Totally an orphan. Thats part of manhood. Some whimps would never get that. If only they knew the whimp thing was all a phase.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by winner01(m): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
Weah96:

Your own mother must be dead. Probably rotting along with your creator in the soil, feeding the worms.
nawa oo!
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
dalaman:

Atheism was a crime at that time as such there were no outspoken atheist. If you were caught promoting athiesm you'll be killed.

Name one single outspoken atheist within that period that openly professes his/her atheism in Europe. Just name one.
bruno giordano
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

He said the truth about my mom so why should I be upset. My mama don die over 12yrs ago and na me bury am so what? Lol

Weah96 should go and get a life and quit hanging on to mamas apron strings.....thats what whimps do.

You probably killed her with your cutlass. Why did your attempts to resurrect the corpse not work?
Shameless human. Go and resurrect your family before attempting to brainwash Africans with your dead Jew myths.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by dalaman: 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

What u just said in essence is that right from yester years atheists have been weaklings and cowards. If Witches could be more ooen than they back then, then atheists are nothing but hot air. No wonder now they want to be a lot more outspoken even to the point of killing in order to be noticed.

Even christianity started as a small Jewish sect. When they were facing persecutions they ran away like rats while hiding and holding meetings in secret. Even Jesus told his disciples to run away from one city to another like rats when faced with persecution . He concluded that before they finish running round the city of Israel he will return(A failed prophecy )

Running away from persecution is normal. If I come to your house with a gun and you are giving the option of running away or praying that my gun fails. You will chose the option of running away. Survival always comes first. I reapeat even Jesus we were told encouraged his disciples to run from one city to another like rats when they face persecution for his sake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Oga we are talking about the 'inventors of atheism' remember?
Same think
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by winner01(m): 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Patiently searching through the pages of this thread for reasonable answers from atheists. None found yet undecided
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

What u just said in essence is that right from yester years atheists have been weaklings and cowards. If Witches could be more ooen than they back then, then atheists are nothing but hot air. No wonder now they want to be a lot more outspoken even to the point of killing in order to be noticed.
no wonder christianity was forced on people to spread it...
No wonder christianity had to eliminate and persecute other religious sects..
No wonder slavery was okay with christianity..
No wonder kkk is a christian organisation which supports racism.

2 Likes

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Totally an orphan. Thats part of manhood. Some whimps would never get that. If only they knew the whimp thing was all a phase.

You killed your parents. Others died naturally. There's a difference.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
Weah96:

You probably killed her with your cutlass. Why did your attempts to resurrect the corpse not work?
Shameless human. Go and resurrect your family before attempting to brainwash Africans with your dead Jew myths.

This thing really pain this guy! Chai....whimpy weah96 do not pop a vein o as you dey hyperventilate like this. grin grin
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
dalaman:

Even christianity started as a small Jewish sect. When they were facing persecutions they ran away like rats while hiding and holding meetings in secret. Even Jesus told his disciples to run away from one city to another like rats when faced with persecution . He concluded that before they finish running round the city of Israel he will return(A failed prophecy )

Running away from persecution is normal. If I come to your house with a gun and you are giving the option of running away or praying that my gun fails. You will chose the option of running away. Survival always comes first. I reapeat even Jesus we were told encouraged his disciples to run from one city to another like rats when they face persecution for his sake.

Yet with all the running away you said Christians did, the gospel spread like wildfire. I suppose same happened with Atheism.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
dalaman:

Atheists existed since the creation of man . Adherents of Jainism have been existing before Christ what was their achievements . While the worship of Greek gods was prevalent , atheists questioned the existence of those gods . Its called aethos , remember ?

Atheists were also active and professing atheism in the Asian countries and parts of Europe that were not affected by the Inquisition . There were tribes in Africa that had no trace of superstitious beliefs and what were their achievements

Notable outspoken atheists as far back as the 9th century who criticized Islam were Ibn al-Rawandi, Abu Bakr al-Razi , Al-Maʿarri , Abu Isa al-Warraq and what was there any prominent or notable achievements they made ? undecided

Right from time , even now , you guys are renowned for only sophistry and specious arguments . All those atheists even from the time of the worship of the Greek gods focused on opprobrious and impious attacks on religious people without making any prominent achievement during their lifetime .

You atheists remain the least distinguished and accomplished in life right from the creation of man . Oh my God !

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
Weah96:

You killed your parents. Others died naturally. There's a difference.

Somebody should hold this guy down....na so the thing dey take start o...
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by dalaman: 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheists existed since the creation of man . Adherents of Jainism have been existing before Christ what was their achievements . While the worship of Greek gods was prevalent , atheists questioned the existence of those gods . Its called aethos , remember ?

Atheists were also active and professing atheism in the Asian countries and parts of Europe that were not affected by the Inquisition . There were tribes in Africa that had no trace of superstitious beliefs and what were their achievements

Notable outspoken atheists as far back as the 9th century who criticized Islam were Ibn al-Rawandi, Abu Bakr al-Razi , Al-Maʿarri , Abu Isa al-Warraq and what was there any prominent or notable achievements they made ? undecided

Right from time , even now , you guys are renowned for only sophistry and specious arguments . All those atheists even from the time of the worship of the Greek gods focused on opprobrious and impious attacks on religious people without making any prominent achievement during their lifetime .

You atheists remain the least distinguished and accomplished in life right from the creation of man . Oh my God !

Shut up you lying troll. Name ONE outspoken atheist in EUROPE during the medieval and dark ages when Europe was under the leadership of the church. Name just one.

2 Likes

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:
Same think
Meaning?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
My dad is a preacher. I don't care too much for him. My mother loves the nigga. I've told this mother killer times without number that my reverence for my her has nothing to do with being a mama's boy.

He resorts to the pejorative whenever he lacks something to say. It's like a bully tactic, devoid of any connection to the OP. This OP is about scientific contributions of dark age humans. But the killer prefers to discuss mothers. So I will discuss mothers.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Yet with all the running away you said Christians did, the gospel spread like wildfire. I suppose same happened with Atheism.

3 Likes

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

This thing really pain this guy! Chai....whimpy weah96 do not pop a vein o as you dey hyperventilate like this. grin grin

Did you kill your mother or not? We can open a separate thread about mamas and allow these people to discuss their OP. Did you or did you not lead your mother to her grave?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Meaning?
Origin/Invention/ conception/ etc

I know you haven't followed that link. Stop being lazy and read angry

https://www.nairaland.com/3299993/what-prominent-achievements-made-atheists/5#48654382
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by dalaman: 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

The gospel was spread through conquest. You guys don't even know the history of Christianity. After Emperor Constantine accepted christianity, he made sure his subjects also accepted the religion. Later on christianity was made the official religion of the Roman empire and as they went around killing people and conquering their lands through conquest they made sure that the people were forced to accept christianity. That was how christianity was spread through conquest and force. The conquistadors did same to the whole of South and North America some few hundred years ago and killed close to 100 million people in the process.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
nawa oo!

I apologize if I offended you. It was directed to the mama topic that Naijadeyhia prefers to talk about.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

Origin/Invention/ conception/ etc

I know you haven't followed that link. Stop being lazy and read angry

https://www.nairaland.com/3299993/what-prominent-achievements-made-atheists/5#48654382
Did you read the Wikipedia link at all?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
dalaman:

Shut up you lying troll. Name ONE outspoken atheist in EUROPE during the medieval and dark ages when Europe was under the leadership of the church. Name just one.

They were too poor and illiterate and had no disposition for elocution . I can see bro that you are really ignorant of this subject .

Religious people were very literate in every part of the world . In Africa we had the Moors , in Arab world we had the instigators of modern science , In Europe we had Christians - made various notable achievements , in Asia we had the ancient Han Chinese scientists, engineers, astronomers, philosophers, mathematicians and medical doctors made significant innovations, scientific discoveries and technological advances in science, technology, engineering, medicine, military technology, mathematics, geology and astronomy.

So where the heck were the atheists in the achievement lists ALL OVER THE WORLD during the medieval age and before that ?? WTF were they angry angry
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by dalaman: 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

They were too poor and illiterate and had no disposition for elocution . I can see bro that you are really ignorant of this subject .

Religious people were very literate in every part of the world . In Africa we had the Moors , in Arab world we had the instigators of modern science , In Europe we had Christians - made various notable achievements , in Asia we had the ancient Han Chinese scientists, engineers, astronomers, philosophers, mathematicians and medical doctors made significant innovations, scientific discoveries and technological advances in science, technology, engineering, medicine, military technology, mathematics, geology and astronomy.

So where the heck were the atheists in the achievement lists ALL OVER THE WORLD during the medieval age and before that ?? WTF were they angry angry

How can there be atheist when atheism was a capital offence. It is the same as asking me where are the outspoken christian or muslim scholars in North Korea. Please recieve sense my brother.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by 4kings: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Galileo was most likely an unbeliever, but never spoke of it so that he wouldn't end up like Giordano Bruno.
Now do u get what dalaman and Hahn are trying to say? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Did you read the Wikipedia link at all?

And pasted an excerpt here. Did you? undecided
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
dalaman:

How can there be atheist when atheism was a capital offence. It is the same as asking me where are the outspoken christian or muslim scholars in North Korea. Please recieve sense my brother.

You liar !!! I already name outspoken atheists in the Muslim world during the 9th century , atheists were active and professing atheism in parts of Europe that were not affected by the Inquisition . They were also active atheists in Greece before the existence of Christ . I also told you about the adherents of Jainism who were also outspoken - all these people were existing during the medieval age . I also told you about African tribes that believed in no gods

What were the achievements ?? Nothing !!!! Nothing !!! Nothing !!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
4kings:

Galileo was most likely an unbeliever, but never spoke of it so that he wouldn't end up like Giordano Bruno.

There is no proof to buttress that hokum only suppositions . I need proof bro .Proof

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

And pasted an excerpt here. Did you? undecided
An excerpt from the second link?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 9:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
4kings:

he knows the truth..bt would choose not to accpt it...if Gallileo who was even a christian cud come close to death for speaking against the belief of christians...what more wud befall a person who has a strong disbelief in their god
what wud happen to someone who did that in the previous centuries?will they buy him icecream or try to exterminate him?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You liar !!! I already name outspoken atheists in the Muslim world during the 9th century , atheists were active and professing atheism in parts of Europe that were not affected by the Inquisition . They were also active atheists in Greece before the existence of Christ . I also told you about the adherents of Jainism who were also outspoken - all these people were existing during the medieval age . I also told you about African tribes that believed in no gods

What were the achievements ?? Nothing !!!! Nothing !!! Nothing !!!!
You are a Big liar U forget to mention that this Atheist Flee After being outspoken?? For the fear of being killed?? About Africa Can U mention their name? Cause I know African has been superstitious right from time and in case U don't know there is a difference between Unbelievers And Atheist

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Read This Article It Might Save Your Life: The Antidotes Of God / First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Why You Feel Remorseful After Certain Sexual Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.