Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? (29237 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:
Lemme show u ur low iq

christians and their lives...why didnt u paste the whole deut 17? Why cop out the preceeding verses?..keep on lying for jesus...

if the old testament is useless why do u have it in the bible?
Why do u then believe in the creation story there ?
Why do u then use verses fromm psalms isaiah etc?

if only u cud apply ur self acclaimed common sense to all of the bible and ur faith...u wud be a better being..

u dnt even know ur bible...am ashamed that as an atheist i interprete the bible more than most christians...
What did jesus say about the law ?
Did he say he came to do away with it? Or enforce it?...
Or why then do u not steal? Bear falsewitness? If the old testament is vain?
Jesus forgave the adultress because they left out the male who she committed the act with nd condemned only her...secondly because he had the power to forgive...
Or are u now saying jesus supports adultery?

is christ not god?
Is it man that gave the laws to moses?
Keep killing urself

is god not the founder of christianity? Are u asking me?

**facepalm**
what is one's own understanding?
For a law in science to be established does it not spring up from someone?
Did graham bell rely on god to create the telephone?
Was it nt his personal understanding nd thinking he used to get some aspects right?

and science doesnt have observations?
Keep on twisting science to fit ur bible..
Does science deal with our own understanding of the universe or the one god told us?

for ur mind u fink u made sense...
Maybe its amp version that included insightsef...
In GNT it is only understanding
in KJV it is only understanding..
And FYI insight means gaining deep understanding of smtin...if science doesnt gain deep understanding of something what is now science?
Mr strawman...use ur head..
Dnt give up ur brain for christianityy

Why are you jumping up and down like a monkey that just discovered a valley full of bananas... You lack the ability to interpret scripture. I believe i have told you this before...Until you understand the entire purpose of the assignment of Christ then Genesis to revelation would remain dark to you. Plus you can only grasp this via the same spirit of Christ. Stop misquoting scripture to suit your lust.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

By whom you? lmao

EyeHateGod:

U want to be educated again??
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Wow...A lot has happened in my absence. So no Atheist has been able to respond after 4 to 5 pages? Just strawman after strawman?
grin Of course they don't want to be killed by the Christians!! we all know how 2016 is for Atheist Talk less of 15th century??
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Why are you jumping up and down like a monkey that just discovered a valley full of bananas... You lack the ability to interpret scripture. I believe i have told you this before...Until you understand the entire purpose of the assignment of Christ then Genesis to revelation would remain dark to you. Plus you can only grasp this via the same spirit of Christ. Stop misquoting scripture to suit your lust.
can u pls prove i misquoted the scripture?
Or do u say jesus supported adultery like mr strawman tried to claim?
Or do u claim that also?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

Or do u claim that also?

I have told you on another thread that exposing scripture to a carnal man who has already pre-programed himself in self denial is a waste of time as they would still break it down the way they please as long as they never accept being wrong. So i am not here to argue spiritual with physical...rather i am here to see your answer to the OP. have you provided any? At least that is on the same Atheistic level a you are.

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

Or do u claim that also?
Guy don't mind that Ediot He Interpret the Bible Differently as in Out of Contex
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I have told you on another thread that exposing scripture to a carnal man who has already pre-programed himself in self denial is a waste of time as they would still break it down the way they please as long as they never accept being wrong. So i am not here to argue spiritual with physical...rather i am here to see your answer to the OP. have you provided any? At least that is on the same Atheistic level a you are.
Shut up U have no point here
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Shut up U have no point here

kids! grin grin grin being Amenra01 obviously didnt get you enough attention so now you jump to an obvious moniker that wouldnt be missed. grin grin grin. i love your deperation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Guy don't mind that Ediot He Interpret the Bible Differently as in Out of Contex

So says the follower of Egyptian Sorcery.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

kids! grin grin grin being Amenra01 obviously didnt get you enough attention so now you jump to an obvious moniker that wouldnt be missed. grin grin grin. i love your deperation
Mr Big Boy Or Old man I was baned for bullying Ebuka for 5day so I deactivated the account..... Pls for once try and make sense it's not that hard
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

when gallileo tried to prove geocentrism wrong...what did the church try to do to him?
Kill him or buy him icecream?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So says the follower of Egyptian Sorcery.
Whats the one that don't understand English talking about shocked
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

lol
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol
Jehovah witness
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:
Atheism was invented during the french revolution. Before that, theywere part of the church. And you wonder why the church went through the dark ages... undecided
All the talk about challenging tradition and authority found a receptive audience in late 18th century France. The poor were kept poor with huge taxes, while Louis XVI and his nobles supported by those very same taxes paraded their wealth and privilege to ridiculous extremes. And standing at the head of the privilege parade was the First Estate the clergy of the Catholic Church. In addition to propping up the monarchy with the divine right of kings, the Church was the single largest landowner in France. So a lot of the taxes paid by tenant farmers went straight into the coffers of the Church, as did their tithes. So when the philosophers began filling the heads of the lower and middle classes with ideas about their natural rights to freedom and equality, little effort was required to connect the dots. The French Revolution wasn’t just a revolt against political power it was also a revolt against the power and ideas of the Catholic Church.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Mr Big Boy Or Old man I was baned for bullying Ebuka for 5day so I deactivated the account..... Pls for once try and make sense it's not that hard

oh so you admit to bullying as against making sense. lol I see you havent learnt from that experience.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

oh so you admit to bullying as against making sense. lol I see you havent learnt from that experience.
I called him Mumu grin
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I called him Mumu grin

You need to look in the mirror
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You need to look in the mirror
I rather use my tv
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
cheesy Lol, I wonder the certain part of my post that pained you. Unlike you, I'm too mature for all your insults and ad hominem arguments (you should be ashamed, cos I'm very sure I'm way much younger than you) so I deleted majority of your post that weren't worth a response, as well as the ones that didn't make sense. Now lemme school you...

raphieMontella:
Lemme show u ur low iq

You can't even spell properly and type intelligible sentences. Like WtH!? cheesy

raphieMontella:
christians and their lives...why didnt u paste the whole deut 17? Why cop out the preceeding verses?..keep on lying for jesus...

Lol Why should I make my post unnecessarily lengthy? You said Deut 17 supported that Christians should kill free thinkers, my post was the part that mentioned stoning people to death; I've read the rest and it said nothing about killing free thinkers. I'm still waiting for you to show me where the Bible said I should kill free thinkers.
I'm begging you to prove me wrong.

raphieMontella:
if the old testament is useless why do u have it in the bible?
Why do u then believe in the creation story there ?
Why do u then use verses fromm psalms isaiah etc?

Who said it is useless? Is it because I said "Old law - New Law"? You must be very uneducated. Laws dont just change like that. Have you ever heard of a constitutional amendment? Old laws are not completely disposed of, they are changed. Old laws that haven't been touched remain the same (that's why we still quote them), the ones that have been touched are changed (e.g stoning people to death)

E.g. Old Law, "[insert sin here] is wrong, stone him to death."
New Law, "[insert sin here] is wrong, whoever is perfect throw the first stone." Thus nobody is perfect/sinless, don't judge or stone people to death. What is so hard to understand there?

raphieMontella:
[s]if only u cud apply ur self acclaimed common sense to all of the bible and ur faith...u wud be a better being..

u dnt even know ur bible...am ashamed that as an atheist i interprete the bible more than most christians...[/s]

Ad hominem bullshit. Lol What are you interpreting? You've shown everybody here that you don't understand anything.

raphieMontella:
Jesus forgave the adultress because they left out the male who she committed the act with nd condemned only her ...secondly because he had the power to forgive...

@bolded Lol, you're not intelligent at all. If they gave you that chapter as a comprehension passage in school and they asked you "Why did Jesus forgive the adulteress?", so this is how you would've failed. Where did they say Jesus forgave her because it is only the woman that they caught? So if the man we're there, Jesus would've allowed them to be stoned shey? grin

Secondly, we have the power to forgive each other too. wink

Or are u now saying jesus supports adultery?

Lol Where did you see me type this?? Jesus doesn't support adultery, and he definitely doesn't support stoning people to death.

**facepalm**
what is one's own understanding?
For a law in science to be established does it not spring up from someone?
Did graham bell rely on god to create the telephone?
Was it nt his personal understanding nd thinking he used to get some aspects right?

He used the "measurable or systematic principles" of science and nature created by God to make a telephone. Scientists and Inventors study and use already-existing natural principles to work, they don't create them. Those rules and principles they're using were already there before they even founded and named them. E.g. The fact that the sum of the squares of opposite and adjacent sides is equal to the square of the hypotenuse already existed before Pythagoras even studied and named it.

If you're telling me I can just wake up one morning and create my own "Strawman's Law" from nowhere and it will now be valid for people to use them in schools and labs, then you are a very big fool. Lol grin

raphieMontella:
and science doesnt have observations?
Keep on twisting science to fit ur bible..
Does science deal with our own understanding of the universe or the one god told us?

Oh please, spare me all this rubbish. I have showed you the definition of the science sef that you are arguing blindly about, and it disagrees with you, so please stop making yourself look more foolish than you actually are. grin

raphieMontella:
for ur mind u fink u made sense...
Maybe its amp version that included insightsef...
In GNT it is only understanding
in KJV it is only understanding..

Lol so what are you saying?

raphieMontella:
And FYI insight means gaining deep understanding of smtin...if science doesnt gain deep understanding of something what is now science?

"Science uses insight" doesn't mean "Science = insight", philosophy uses insight too but it's not a determinant of scientific principles. Lol, guy you're not smart! grin

raphieMontella:
Mr strawman...use ur head..
Dnt give up ur brain for christianityy

Christianity* (it's only one "y"wink

And more importantly, what does all this have to do with what atheists achieved in the middle ages? tongue

Mr. raphiemontella, you can't spell, you cant understand my posts, you cant comprehend simple Bible passages that children learn in primary and secondary schools, and you resort to petty insults whenever someone schools you...
Hahahaha...you are officially the most unintelligent person I have met on this forum. cheesy cheesy grin

Gerrarahere mehn!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
Strawman I'll allow raphieMontella to deal with u cool
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
Strawman:
cheesy Lol, I wonder the certain part of my post that pained you. Unlike you, I'm too mature for all your insults and ad hominem arguments (you should be ashamed, cos I'm very sure I'm way much younger than you) so I deleted majority of your post that weren't worth a response, as well as the ones that didn't make sense. Now lemme school you...

You can't even spell properly and type intelligible sentences. Like WtH!? cheesy

Lol Why should I make my post unnecessarily lengthy? You said Deut 17 supported that Christians should kill free thinkers, my post was the part that mentioned stoning people to death; I've read the rest and it said nothing about killing free thinkers. I'm still waiting for you to show me where the Bible said I should kill free thinkers.

Who said it is useless? Is it because I said "Old law - New Law"? You must be very uneducated. Laws dont just change like that. Have you ever heard of a constitutional amendment? Old laws are not completely disposed of, they are changed. Old laws that haven't been touched remain the same (that's why we still quote them), the ones that have been touched are changed (e.g stoning people to death)

New Law, "[insert sin here] is wrong, whoever is perfect throw the first stone." Thus nobody is perfect/sinless, don't judge or stone people to death. What is so hard to understand there?

Ad hominem bullshit. Lol What are you interpreting? You've shown everybody here that you don't understand anything.

@bolded Lol, you're not intelligent at all. If they gave you that chapter as a comprehension passage in school and they asked you "Why did Jesus forgive the adulteress?", so this is how you would've failed. Where did they say Jesus forgave her because it is only the woman that they caught? So if the man we're there, Jesus would've allowed them to be stoned shey? grin

Lol Where did you see me type this?? Jesus doesn't support adultery, and he definitely doesn't support stoning people to death.

He used the "measurable or systematic principles" of science and nature created by God to make a telephone. Scientists and Inventors study and use already-existing natural principles to work, they don't create them. Those rules and principles they're using were already there before they even founded and named them. E.g. The fact that the sum of the squares of opposite and adjacent sides is equal to the square of the hypotenuse already existed before Pythagoras even studied and named it.

If you're telling me I can just wake up one morning and create my own "Strawman's Law" from nowhere and it will now be valid for people to use them in schools and labs, then you are a very big fool. Lol grin

Oh please, spare me all this rubbish. I have showed you the definition of the science sef that you are arguing blindly about, and it disagrees with you, so please stop making yourself look more foolish than you actually are. grin

"Science uses insight" doesn't mean "Science = insight", philosophy uses insight too but it's not a determinant of scientific principles. Lol, guy you're not smart! grin

And more importantly, what does all this have to do with what atheists achieved in the middle ages? tongue

Mr. raphiemontella, you can't spell, you cant understand my posts, you cant comprehend simple Bible passages that children learn in primary and secondary schools, and you resort to petty insults whenever someone schools you...
Hahahaha...you are officially the most unintelligent person I have met on this forum. cheesy cheesy grin

Gerrarahere mehn!

bro you get time. The guy will never admit to error. He will argue even with death itself after his neck is off his shoulder

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Oya run run run cheesy
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
Strawman:

Gerrarahere mehn!

@RaphieMontella

4 Likes

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

bro you get time. The guy will never admit to error. He will argue even with death itself after his neck is off his shoulder

Hahaha! @bolded

I don't care if he admits anything. He is dumb and uneducated; it's good to school people like him once in a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
Strawman:

Hahaha! @bolded
I don't care if he admits anything. He is dumb and uneducated; it's good to school people like him once in a while.

RaphieMontella you just got schooled son and received a KNOCK OUT!

2 Likes

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Cop out!
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

And palpable

Reyginus ... its close to 150 views under an 1 hr or so and we've got nothing .
This shows you how empty some of these guys who call themselves atheists really are. How can a human being who often claims exclusive rights to logic and reason come up with all these silly red herrings?

I'd advise you atheists to better stop typing or address his point. What's all these poor attempt by so-called intellectuals? Google and bring your findings them here for scrutiny and stop straining your fingers saying nothing. I'm sorry I'd still eat popcorn to this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by EyeHateGod: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Cop out!
Strawman:

Oya run run run cheesy
Its not a cop out I don't wanna get in between that
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its that the name of the atheist that made a prominent contribution to science and technology or anything for the betterment of humanity during that era undecided

Name one Christian who did.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Its not a cop out I don't wanna get in between that

You have been getting in between until this particular time. lol

cop out!
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
Weah96:

Name one Christian who did.

Red herring! Weah96 aka Mr anti - courageous we want answers. Not questions! Respond to the OP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Obayi Paul Martins Undergoes 3 Days Fasting, Allows Himself To Be Flogged (Pics) / Bishop Obinim’s Sticker: My Husband Can Now Last Longer In Bed – Woman Claims / RCCG To Feed 2 Million Nigerians Every Sunday - Pastor Adeboye

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.