Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia (136472 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos) / The Benin Monarch Frowns At Display Of Political Hooliganism By EDHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:13am On Aug 28, 2016
french mercenaries fighting alongside biafrans because they wanted that oil

http://mercenary-wars.net/biafra/

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 11:13am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
france brought your weapons via cameroon. thats where all your weapons came through
But Cameroon was blockaded. If weapons could pass through, surely food would passed through and millions would not have starved to death.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by MrSly(m): 11:13am On Aug 28, 2016
ashjay001:

Great mind u av there! But, its still not developed enough if u really think someone in SW, NE, NW, NC is not developing something comparable or better!

U lost d last war not because of any tech inadequacies, but due to hunger! Achilles lost his life not because he couldn't fight or withstand war wounds, but he had his heels!

Naija govt is not helping everybody, no marginalization there! Instead, get private sponsors and possibly develop ur dreams in ur homeland, create employment for ur teaming jobless youths, make igboland a tech destination. Start a race on ur terms, some might decide to race with u, or change direction!
Nice advice had it been it was free of hatred. But one thing about hate is that it destroys the hater.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by shiimah: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:

Chain reaction..lmao..

You people no go kille pesin with lafta I swear... grin grin
Keep laughing ur ignorance bro.... Can't u see the evidence or u acting as a result of hate and jealous... Take it or leave, the igbo race ramains the most intelligent black race in the world. Kill urself

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2016
documentation to show how the french slipped all those weapons into biafra

http://journeytoforever.org/rrlib/biafra.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by PaulIdu: 11:15am On Aug 28, 2016
LabiaDestroyer:

Dude just shut up...stop displaying ignorance
The ogbunigwe was a surface to air weapon converted to a surface to surface weapon and not a grenade launcher.
I won't be surprised if u are a flat headed toothless afonja

You are a very ignorant man ...first of all it was the Op that called it a grenade launcher ..okay let's agree it was a surface to surface missile ..from the design of the ogbunigwe launcher silo I see it was at most intended to fire a very short distance and very crude solid propellant rocket without much precision. .the silo was designed to fire it's munition in high angles just like a mortar..please Mr man can you tell me the kind of charge the ogbunigwe used that could destroy a whole division just like that..from perspective there are less than 3000 ruble fighters in Allepo and the Russians have been pounding them with great bombs and missiles for more than a year yet they are haven't been obliterated like you claim the Ogbunigwe did to a battalion. Man this Ogbunigwe story get as e be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:15am On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
But Cameroon was blockaded. If weapons could pass through, surely food would passed through and millions would not have starved to death.

the food was coming from nigeria so it was easy to block the food supply.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by zeongeon: 11:17am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
ndigbo yall had all that ogbunigwe and whatnot but our weapon surpassed every weapon you ever had in the whole of biafra. our weapon is organic and carbon based and living, and walks on two legs. this single devastating weapon took down all opposition and smashed the whole of biafra. ndigbo let me introduce the weapon of the afonjas, * thunderous applause * , ladies and gentlemen, i present to you the one man wrecking crew, the warrior, the weapon of all weapons, THE BLACK SCORPION, BENJAMIN ADEKUNLE

cheesy cheesy
Sukkot, I am disappointed in you...A whole you...The wise sukkot...Na wa ooh...This nah real hand falling.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:17am On Aug 28, 2016
documentation of how charles de gaulle was initially skeptical about sending all those weapons to biafrans but he eventually sent them

https://www.upcscavenger.com/wiki/nigerian_civil_war/#page=wiki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by nnokwa042(m): 11:17am On Aug 28, 2016
princefunmmy:
Good one!.. But na fake fake products Dem dey do now
but u dey buy am abi no fake products china dey produce?

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Ritchiee: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
Those were parts bought from the international market and crudely put together by the Biafrans. If those parts were indeed made in Biafra what happened to the foundries that made the parts? Did anyone destroy any factory after the war?
I don't understand why people are lying to themselves.
lol...And one thing is they like to believe their lies.Most of those things were brought in by the mercenaries that prosecuted the war with them.Their scientists tried but they invented nothing but fabricated some with the help of the white people....
I am going to post a researched article now that will throw more light on their lies.. with evidences of course. .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by LorDBolton(m): 11:18am On Aug 28, 2016
Milllz:

How old are you? Are you even an adult?

How old are you? Are you even an adult?

NL pple sha
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by critique2(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
Those were parts bought from the international market and crudely put together by the Biafrans. If those parts were indeed made in Biafra what happened to the foundries that made the parts? Did anyone destroy any factory after the war?
No they didn't shut down the foundries, they did something worse off. Like nipping the knowledge at the bud,example stopping the Ogbunigwe arm of the unit by shutting down chemical engineering in UNN which was the unit that put it up. The record is there,that up till today there's nothing as chemical engineering in UNN(then regarded as university of Biafra) rather what is existent now is dept.of pure and applied chemistry. I'll engage with other of the facts if you so wish!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:20am On Aug 28, 2016
zeongeon:
Sukkot, I am disappointed in you...A whole you...The wise sukkot...Na wa ooh...This nah real hand falling.
bros, this is all fun. dont take nothing personal. if you read through the thread you will see several cone-head afonja scratch face yoloba insults lolzzz. this is harmless nairaland banter between yoruba and igbo who deep down know they are brothers but just enjoy fighting each other wink

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 11:20am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
french mercenaries fighting alongside biafrans because they wanted that oil

Ofcourse, ojukwu hired mercenaries from many parts of the world including Ethiiopia, gabon, Haiti and many parts of the world as fighters and strategists. That is not a point of argment.
They did not bring much or any significant technology with them. Nigeria was supported by both the east and the western powers. Any tech transfer would be confiscated by the CIA and co.
Even Nigeria is currently hiring mercenaries from south Africa in the war against BH.

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by nnokwa042(m): 11:21am On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
ask ur self what heppend to ajaokuta steel or abiola concord news papers or nigerian air line ?ewu

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:23am On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
Ofcourse, ojukwu hired mercenaries from many parts of the world including Ethiiopia, gabon, Haiti and many parts of the world as fighters and strategists. That is not a point of argment.
They did not bring much or any significant technology with them. Nigeria was supported by both the east and the western powers. Any tech transfer would be confiscated by the CIA and co.
Even Nigeria is currently hiring mercenaries from south Africa in the war against BH.
ojukwu did not hire mercenaries. those mercenaries hired ojukwu. biafra was a proxy war for the west for african resources. deep down ojukwu thought he was fighting to liberate biafra but the people who are controlling the show ( the world powers ) were fighting for nigerian resources.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 11:24am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
documentation to show how the french slipped all those weapons into biafra

Read through.
Nothing like that there.
Even if I agree that French were pro-Biafra for their own reasons. They didn't do much.
No evidence of that yet.

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by frubben(m): 11:25am On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:

Lets analyze your claim. One truck carrying gasoline was aimed at, as a result over 100 trucks behind it ignited in inferno at the same time, incinerating all 100 simultaneously, is it scientifically plausible?
On March 31, 1968 a 106 vehicle convoy of
the Nigerian 2nd Division transporting 6000
infantry as well as armor from Onitsha to
Enugu was ambushed and decimated in the
town of Abagana by a small troop of Biafran
soldiers led by Maj. Jonathan Uchendu.
Homemade Ogbunigwe rocket missiles were
launched by the Biafrans at a tanker truck
carrying gasoline which caused an enormous
explosion that tossed armored cars like tin
cans.[10] 350 tons of equipment were
destroyed or captured by the Biafran troops
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by oilsuop: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2016
Mabelenena:
Hmmm i bow my head in shame when i read this, so we have such inventions but we are still battling with boko haram,niger delta militants and fulani herdsmen??
is Biafra invention not Nigeria if you ask me Biafra is the oyibos in one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
ojukwu did not hire mercenaries. those mercenaries hired ojukwu. biafra was a proxy war for the west for african resources. deep down ojukwu thought he was fighting to liberate biafra but the people who are controlling the show ( the world powers ) were fighting for nigerian resources.
The west already had control of Nigeria's resources through shell and co, so I don't really know what conspiracy theory you are trying to spin.
It was the tomfoolery of gowon in not accepting the aburi accord that led to al this nonsense, not all this western conspiracy BS.

10 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:

Cameroon shares a border with Nigeria, Cameroon was a French colony, France was sympathetic to Biafra. Please connect the dots.
Cameroon was then ruled by a fellow of pueblo (Fulani) heritage. He was sympathetic to the Feds hence the bakassi peninsula saga.why do you think the international court insisted Nigeria honour the deal? Cameroon honored their part by enforcing a no trade relation with Biafra.Cameroon didn't recognize Biafra as a country how then would the give weapons to biafrans? -next you would suggest french engineers where smuggled into biafra to build ojukwus bunker or perhaps it was smuggled by way of Cameroon and coupled in umuahia.the didn't even harbour our starving pals so brother,I have connected your dots.
last I checked this thread is a reminder for people of eastern heritage of what our people achieved durning a trying time,not a thread for other tribes to comment on our supposed cheast beatings.
as a young boy in aba I knew the boys of btc (boys technical college)produced guns before their equipment was seized .Engineering feats such as this is very possible and people would overcome their skepticism if the have visited the eastern towns of aba and Onitsha.

14 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by demmie1: 11:30am On Aug 28, 2016
If you want to humor yourself with head-pounding laughter, just open to any biafra thread

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ibadanfinest(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2016
We only believe the version of the war the suit our tribe.

I will not totally believe any civil war stories because the person recounting it will do so to favor his tribe.

I learned something new today sha. Techpower vs Brainpower.

Ndi Igbo can abuse my tribe all they want but when I was in owerri, 70% of the consumables that I bought there were produced in the south west. I even bought 'my joy bread' produced in Ibadan at Alvan Ikoku college of education so imagine the marginal propensity to import.

Comparative advantage is key, tech wise the east might have comparative advantage but other tribe also have theirs.

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:31am On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
Read through.
Nothing like that there.
Even if I agree that French were pro-Biafra for their own reasons. They didn't do much.
No evidence of that yet
its suppressed news. the whites suppress their roles in every war they have concocted on the planet so they dont look evil. thats why you think they are saints. because they hide all their evil deeds. hence why they control the media. he who controls the media writes the history. it was with astonishment yesterday that i found out yesterday that the huge radio station that daddy freeze works for in nigeria is owned by a white man. so a white man controls the media in africa ? no other country in the world would allow that. but hey ? we do not control our own news. but if you look below the surface, all the secrets are hidden. dats why yall need niggas like me. i look below the surface. i dont operate on emotions. i tell you what it is and how it is.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 11:31am On Aug 28, 2016
And again, ojukwu was an unknown quantity. And the west hates unknown quantities.
Nigeria was the sure thing for them especially in resource conrol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by demmie1: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2016
If you want to humour yourself with headpounding laughter, just open to any biafra thread grin

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 28, 2016
Ritchiee:

lol...And one thing is they like to believe their lies.Most of those things were brought in by the mercenaries that prosecuted the war with them.Their scientists tried but they invented nothing but fabricated some with the help of the white people....
I am going to post a researched article now that will throw more light on their lies.. with evidences of course. .
while at it you can post links on how France sent the ogbunigwe bomb to Biafra too.since those vehicles where imported from France deductive reasoning would imply that the French military would have used them at a point in time.u doubters should post pictures of those armoured tanks in service for France and also its name.The modular refineries -some of which has been adopted by crude thiefs in the niger delta-where also imported abi? pls we should thrive to be pragmatic and not biased in our posts.granted that some contents where probaly internationally sourced (like their navy modification of shell boats into gun boats) it doesn't in any way belittle the efforts of those guys.

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:33am On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
The west already had control of Nigeria's resources through shell and co, so I don't really know what conspiracy theory you are trying to spin.
It was the tomfoolery of gowon in not accepting the aburi accord that led to al this nonsense, not all this western conspiracy BS.
thats not the point. its a fight between one faction of the west and another faction of the west. yes the west already had control but the french wanted a piece of the pie and biafra war was how they could cause instability so they can get a piece of the pie from america and britain.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by centboy123456(m): 11:33am On Aug 28, 2016
betterABIAstate:
bros, there's hidden potential in Igbo land. At the age of 27, I had already identified and extracted a diuretic phytochemical in a very popular plant that can help manage hypertension. My brother who is a chemical engineer is working on a local drug synthesizer. The molecule is going through preclinical tests, the government of Nigeria is not helping at all coupled with the financial setbacks we have had in coming up with the drug synthesizing machine.

If I have the then government of Biafra, you think I wouldn't have gone far with all the preclinical tests?
We may have dusted that part and even gone ahead to develop other drugs and machines because we know what we want but no fund, no functioning research institute, no facilities in the country.

Let me just hint you on the little contribution I can make if Biafra war should come again, I can developed biogenetically engineered microbes (which name i wont give here) that can degrade some particular metals, l know I will get a good platform to carryout the research because the fund is now available unlike the then Biafra (I'm already doing little things as regards that incase the war comes again). This time, you will see the full technological potential we posses.

Or just give us independence, lets plan ourselves, this country is annoying to me.

Guy nor be only you oh I don tried for dis country this country dey annoying me too we need biafra and am ready for war cuz my father nd grand father fight the war nd dey tell me a lot of tinz if war start am ready to die for biafria

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by mengho(m): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2016

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 28, 2016
kettykin:
With all this metal scraps yet biafra still woefully lost the war, which simply makes technology not the sole means of winning a country backed by Britain and Soviet union.
If Biafra had built more of Airborne vehicles and rockets that could haul payloads and hit with precision, targets that are more than 100 km away in dodan barracks, Kano, Kaduna etc possibly the war could have been prolonged, if biafra had mastered the art and technology of building under ground tunnels with fish ponds , poultry farms, water purification plants, refined pharmaceutical plants , nuclear power stations, nuclear arsenals, nuclear powered submarines that could blow up all the naval ships of the invaders, biafra would definitely have won the war after just 6 days.

Any body promoting biafra must be a mad and insane person. Igbos should just be contented in nigeria
You self get mouth to talk... will your tribe be able to achieve those feat in a short burst of three years?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply)

See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) / Leah Sheribu Gives Birth To Baby Boy For Boko Haram Commander / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.