Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia (136798 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos) / The Benin Monarch Frowns At Display Of Political Hooliganism By EDHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by OkoNDOoBo: 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
EGO. STROKING TIMEgrin

Biafra can produce amoured tanker,ogbunigwe that wipe the entire nigerian army.

But can't produce a bullet LOLgrin

Technology in indeedcheesycheesy

10 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by kraftykc(m): 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
thedarksider:

even with all this inventions,we still overran you....

you may have the brains,but we have the numbers....dont underestimate us....

dont you think its a better idea to combine brains and numbers than fighting each other the ol time??..

Have you ever seen where a party threatens another into a equal partnership?

This country will not work with thinking like yours.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
PaulIdu:

How can a grenade launcher wipe out an entire division. .my friend you talk like a learner .
The killing powers of that bomb was never underrated by any Nigerian soldier that saw the civil war.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by whitebeard(m): 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2016
GOD WILL HAVE MERCY ON YOU GUYS...

The game is simple I can also play it cause the pawns are plenty I don't have to bother about losing...!!!! But known one thing there is always one KING
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by DozieInc(m): 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
Those were parts bought from the international market and crudely put together by the Biafrans. If those parts were indeed made in Biafra what happened to the foundries that made the parts? Did anyone destroy any factory after the war?
I don't understand why people are lying to themselves.

"crudely put together"...really? up till now, the Nigerian military engineers have not perfected their local armoury, mean while the R. A. P. boys achieved these in the 1960's...almost 50yrs ago.
so what's ur point?

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by donttouch: 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
i think u should stop explaining to them and go ahead with ur post. If ur hater see u driving ur car, he will go about town telling people u are now a "Madam Driver".
Nkem4040:

It wasn't a grenade launcher per se, but the Biafrran military re-engineered the ogbunike into an unknown technology that they refused to disclose till this day. It was done in such a way that the damage will ignite a chain reaction and evidently catastrophic. Yes the guy you replied is right in the casualty, though I think it was more. It was the most deadly military loss ever encountered by the Nigerian military. I mean thousands of Nigerian military personnel and hundreds of armoured vehicles entering Abagana in a convoy in excess of 50km stretch were incinerated, and most died instantly. How Muritila Mohammad and his crew escaped, remains a mystery. This attack was led by Hannibal of Biafrra General Joe Achuzia in an operation code-named HEROSHIMA.

We don't lie here, we provide evidence; pictures or video. The video is on youtube...here is direct video excerpt of the event.
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8295930

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by zeongeon: 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lezzlie:

Your petty tribal monomania is exceedingly worrisome. This thread isn't about promotion of Biafra which I personally believe is nothing more than seeking political concessions today like various groups scattered across the regions.

It isn't about why the war was lost or won. It is about Nigeria's missed technological chance gone into oblivion.

When I look at this thread, what I see is a country that went into a civil war and came out without learning anything.

The blueprints of the Biafran technologies should have been studied and implemented by the federal government long ago to build indigenous home grown technology.
Today Nigerian military is impoverished and rely heavily on US charity of used and obsolete War ships and artillery.

It is navel-gazing, tribal bigots like you that influence negative and tribal base policies in this country.
The reason why Nigeria is backward and will continue to be is HATRED. This country can't move forward with out love and unity. Let's face the truth there is still silent hatred going on between tribes and within Nigeria.

The solution would be disintegration OR wipe out states and lets fall back to regions. North, South, Mid and Easter region.

Nigeria is a very complicated country and it will hard for the country to move forward with the apparent hate, envy and flawed views of its citizens like what we see on Nairaland.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Johnsmartinyang(m): 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
kettykin:
With all this metal scraps yet biafra still woefully lost the war, which simply makes technology not the sole means of winning a country backed by Britain and Soviet union.
If Biafra had built more of Airborne vehicles and rockets that could haul payloads and hit with precision, targets that are more than 100 km away in dodan barracks, Kano, Kaduna etc possibly the war could have been prolonged, if biafra had mastered the art and technology of building under ground tunnels with fish ponds , poultry farms, water purification plants, refined pharmaceutical plants , nuclear power stations, nuclear arsenals, nuclear powered submarines that could blow up all the naval ships of the invaders, biafra would definitely have won the war after just 6 days.

Any body promoting biafra must be a mad and insane person. Igbos should just be contented in nigeria

Oga Mr know all....if not for the hired French and Spanish mercenaries by the then Nigerian government and betrayals and leak of information and territories from the south south u think say you for dey talk weting you dey talk today?.....do you know that they actually pushed the Nigerian army to Ore and Ijebu ode targeting Lagos?
Go read well well before u talk oga

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by linusbnn(m): 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
DengXioping:

Though a totally unnecessary war....
From history, we can say the Igbos weren't completely subjugated, but they surrendered willingly in the face of untold suffering, massive loses, famine nd starvation which had become d order of d day. With Ojukwu's disappearance to Ivory Coast at the end of the day, the game was up.
Gowon only made the "NO VICTOR NO VANQUISH" assertion as a diplomatic feat to keep the Igbo's in check, lest any issue comes up again ( note till 2da some Igbos still see d assertion as a trick to bury all d issues of war crimes against him and d Nigerian government, perpetrated on the Biafran soil).

Pls read what Gowon said here www​.blueprint.ng/.../civil-war-why-we-

BTW...from what I av learnt from history, the Biafrans wud av won the war if only they were better organized, if only Ojukwu had listened to the advice of some top echelon of the army, and put them in the knw. He realized DT all too late (remember Harry Njokwu and Alexander Madiebo asserted that the regular Biafran army was not consulted when he decided to secede from Nigeria). Remember also how Ojukwu left several top military operations in the hands of Col. Achuzia, recalling the sector commanders of such operations...nd history has it that such operations led by Col. Achuzia let to Biafra suffering massive losses.
A whole lot is still to b said...

God help us all
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
thedarksider:

even with all this inventions,we still overran you....

you may have the brains,but we have the numbers....dont underestimate us....

dont you think its a better idea to combine brains and numbers than fighting each other the ol time??..
I hate talking about this war, but with people like you feeling like conquerors we can't go anywhere, without the Yoruba elite generals even 1000,000 of Hausa armed men could not have taken down one eastern state, cause according to all records they lacked the brain power, Hausa flight leutanants tried to bomb golden guinea breweries saveral times without hiting a target until Alani akininatde came and did in one try.

According to my uncle who saw the war firsthand, he said ogbunaigwe was actually developed to kill Nigerian soldiers en mass because they come to attack like cows and so they die. You will know the difference when a Yoruba general is in charge of a battalion and an Hausa guy.

With Britain and Russia supplying you hardware 24/7 it will be a war mistery up until today if Nigeria actually lost that war.

10 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ibrokola(m): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
Warship:

Sometimes you talk without deep research and reasoning.

One reason we lost the war, was because no one knew how to build ammunitions technology

If the Biafrans, knew how to produced bullets and shells, the money they spent importing one bullet, would have been used to produce 100 local bullets/shells.

The capacity to produced 100 local bullets/shell for one foreign bullet/shell, would have meant more bullets/shells for Biafra troops.

So the technology that we lacked that rendered Biafra weak is the bullet/shell technology and also jet engine technology

Till today, bullet/shell technology and jet engine technology are yet to be developed.
You're wrong. I assure you that the bullets used by our law enforcement are made in Nigeria.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Oh look, this topic has made frontpage again in the same unchanged format. This has made it six times during my three year stay on this forum.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
new2020:

**** you need heavy machineries to make those parts abi? If B!afrans engineers and scientists reasoned like your amala brain, they would not have manufactured a simple device. Whenever Ojukwu will tell them to manufacture a weapon or device for the survival of the B!afran nation...they will all reply with you amala thinking brain " WE NEED HEAVY MACHINERIES TO MANUFACTURE THAT DEVICE" ****You see why Igbos don't reason like you people? ****

Go and see if Innoson uses heavy machineries to manufacture aviation parts for Nigerian Airforce. Only if you will travel out of your amala region to Nnewi...do you know that car, trucks mechanical parts that most Nigerians use...gear box, fuel pumps, water pumps, transmissions are manufactured in Nnewi and branded as made in Japan? Go and tell Abdsulami Abubakar he doesn't know what he was saying when he visited Nnewi last week.
A minute silence for the person you just finished with this quote... You ended his career with this... embarassed embarassed (weeping on his behalf)

16 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
I think this thread should serve as a direction for Igbos who think Nigeria is one. Just imagine the hate. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Decryptor(m): 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
OJUKWU IS A HERO!

AWO-OLE-OWO IS A COWARD!!

Quote me negatively and die by a stray bullet! angry

7 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ashjay001(m): 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
MrSly:

Nice advice had it been it was free of hatred. But one thing about hate is that it destroys the hater.

Hate is for fools! I've gat my life to live, instead of hating, I cut u off!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ehikwe22: 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
Why do some people talk like they know nothing. Ogbunigwe can destroy any number of soldiers but not in one shot. Biafra soldiers are the most intelligent and resilient soldiers I've ever seen. They were able to stand and fight the Nigerian Army with higher weapons and manpower and also supported by the whole world for 3 years. They inflicted heavy casualties on the Nigerian soldiers that the Nigerian Army has to resort to killing innocent civilians. Nigerian Army lost more soldiers than the Biafran Army. Anyone in doubt should read the books on the biafran war both by Nigerian and Biafran generals.

I'm not Igbo and I was not part of the biafran republic but some of my people fought on solidarity with Biafra and most of the commanders and generals in Biafran army were from my tribe.

Igbos are really great people when it comes to some certain things. only a fool will try to deny that.

18 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
PaulIdu:

How can a grenade launcher wipe out an entire division. .my friend you talk like a learner .
for an elite army that weapon would be very ineffective . It was specifically developed for the Hausa soldiers they lack the knowledge of the art of war .

Ogbunaigwe works like a land mine that's why guys who actually used them called them " show battery" its not effective unless all its target are congregated in one spot, and that is how Hausa soldiers moved, like cows been led to slaughter slab until ojukwu made one mistake, Yoruba elites now joined the war. And the story changed.

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by DozieInc(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
revolt:
I think you have a point. They hadn't mastered the art of creating projectiles. those tanks were the 1st step to inventing the wheel .....eeerrmmm that being said, they were still ages nd miles ahead of the federal govt. If that momentum in science had been sustained, by now we'd have greatly improved in our engineering . This nigeria is just cursed n retrogressive sha.
[s]
revolt:
I think you have a point. They hadn't mastered the art of creating projectiles. those tanks were the 1st step to inventing the wheel .....eeerrmmm that being said, they were still ages nd miles ahead of the federal govt. If that momentum in science had been sustained, by now we'd have greatly improved in our engineering . This nigeria is just cursed n retrogressive sha.
[/s]
revolt:

So on point.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Decryptor(m): 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
Those were parts bought from the international market and crudely put together by the Biafrans. If those parts were indeed made in Biafra what happened to the foundries that made the parts? Did anyone destroy any factory after the war?
I don't understand why people are lying to themselves.

Parts bought from International Market during the war and would have taken almost a year to clear and ship when the only sea port was in Lagos which was enemy territory and the air which was monitored by the Nigerian Forces?

Stop disgracing your parents who sent you to school to learn but you ended coming out empty headed!

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by willibounce1(m): 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
Anything to boost the ego of the flattinos. Please encourage them. They feel like superhumans right now. It's good to feel important once in a while.

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Johnsmartinyang(m): 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
Warship:

Sometimes you talk without deep research and reasoning.

One reason we lost the war, was because no one knew how to build ammunitions technology

If the Biafrans, knew how to produced bullets and shells, the money they spent importing one bullet, would have been used to produce 100 local bullets/shells.

The capacity to produced 100 local bullets/shell for one foreign bullet/shell, would have meant more bullets/shells for Biafra troops.

So the technology that we lacked that rendered Biafra weak is the bullet/shell technology and also jet engine technology

Till today, bullet/shell technology and jet engine technology are yet to be developed.
..the guy just told y to travel out of ur western region and come visit nnewi...most of u Yoruba's sit in one place and pass judgment whenbu have never ventured out of your comfort zones....ask some of your corpers and you will hear truths falling out

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ashjay001(m): 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
Gassa007:

By the person killed by rat poison. I know your guess is as good as mine....

Lol

Hitler did same, yet d pple he killed or caused to be killed remain dead!
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by OBAFEMIawolowo: 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
We should ask ourselves this question.

How come after 40+ Years, Nigerian government has not been able to assembly a gun, talk less of a motorcycle or tank yet still an Igbo man is producing cars, motorcycles and even building aircraft parts for the same Nigeria government.

You have to give it to them, they have brains

16 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by NobleG1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
PaulIdu:

It was clearly a conventional weapon using a conventional explosive charge and my friend there is no known conventional explosive known to man man that can cause the kind of damage you speak of..it's just common sense bro

You mean launching many explosives with that thing at a particular place can't destroy the place? What the hell are you saying?

Even a common hand grenade can destroy a military base if many of it are thrown there!

It's all about physics! E.g. One nuke can't destroy a whole country but if you drop many of it, a country like Nigeria would be reduced to dust.

It seems you were absent in science class.

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by bigdot1759(m): 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
U people sabi lie pass anything. Which factory in igboland then during ojukwu built this is the factory still operating u beta stop all dis trash we've heard of INOSSON, PRO FORCE ETC...... So which factory did dis one ooooo

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by OBAFEMIawolowo: 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
willibounce1:
Anything to boost the ego of the flattinos. Please encourage them. They feel like superhumans right now. It's good to feel important once in a while.
the achievement is worth bragging about, no tribe in Africa has been able to achieve it. Why won't they brag about it.

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Okeikpu(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
OTHER REASONABLE COUNTRIES R OVER HAPPY TO HV FOLKS LYK GR8 BIAFRANS
BUT HERE IN THE ZOOLOGICAL REPUBLIC OF MONKEY N BABOONS,IS THE OTHER WAY ROUND sad sad

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by LorDBolton(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
France wanted Biafra for obvious francophone reasons, but could not really do much due to british and American support to Nigeria.
The Cameroon president too made a deal with Nigeria and received bakassi as part of its territory to prevent it falling into biafran control which was then totally sealed. If there was a means of weapons transfer in to biafran territory, then millions of people would not have starved to death and awolowo would not have used it as a means of war given the obvious futility.

Oga google the uli airport n others it's on record France sold weapons to the biafrans

To make steel ain't easy u need the right equipments biafran govt made alot of money from oil b4 d blockade on oil shipments thus biafran forces used 'normal' local refining techniques...which they hype till today smh

Anyway the oil money finished and France stopped doing business #simple

Bullets ain't free.

Google the Israeli blockade of Palestine , what awolowo did was not a crime , the biafran forces were using it to not only get food aid but weapons too.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Ritchiee: 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
LordValor:
Prof. G. O Ezekwe graduated a mechanical engineer
He holds an M.Sc. in Metallurgical Engineering
and PhD in Engineering Sciences
from Higher Institute of Chemical Technology,
Sofia – Bulgaria. He started his career in 1982 as
Lecturer II in ASUTECH (now Enugu State
University of Science and Technology) in
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Department and rose to the rank of a Professor.
....So I bet dat answers it all bout d tank&refinery being forged or built....minds like prof Gordian help develop weaponz n tech used during d war,in some cases dey even went as far as scavagin destroyed federal craft too, ask ur fathers(that's d educated ones) in west hw many of their great lecturers of igbo origin eva returned after d war....and if u laff at we d igbo about lossing d war,ma dear so called patriot Nigerians,it is not a shame dat people without any good military trainin n lil or no international aid,support or fund or weapons cud hold off u so called gallant nigerian army with all d support,aid,fund n support for gud 3years....with nutin we fought nigeria for gud 3years...imagine if we had half what d federal troop had den....today we wud ve a topic like d title of achebes book....there was once a country called Nigeria

You know nothing about war.Biafran army was about 100,000 and Nigeria had 10,000.Biafrans fought for 3 years but Boko Haram are still engaging Nigeria for 7 years running now with lesser army.. One thing about Igbos is they want you to believe their lies even when you found out that that they are lying.Igbos are not known for anything technology-wise before the civil war like the Yorubas and Benin.As at the moment,Yorubas still control 70% of ICT in Nigeria.
GO AND READ IGBOS LIES...

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/03/05/biafra-the-facts-the-fiction/

There Was A Country is written for the modern day Igbo to know why they are suffering in the Nigerian federation and who should be fingered for the cause. Achebe’s logic is neat, but too simple: Africa began to suffer 500 years ago when Europe discovered it (that is, there was no suffering or inter-tribal wars before then in Africa). Nigeria began to suffer when Lord Lugard amalgamated it. And the Igbo began to suffer because of the events surrounding the Biafran secession. To Achebe, there should have been more countries in the behemoth Lord Lugard cobbled together. What Achebe does not take into account is the role rabid tribalism plays in doing violence to social cohesion, which makes every region counter-productively seek a perfect answer in demanding its own nation state. There are over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria and there cannot be over 250 countries in Nigeria. There are officially 645 distinctive ethnic groups in India and only one country. All over the world there are tens of thousands of ethnic nationalities and there are only 206 countries. What the ethnic nationalities that constitute Nigeria need to learn for the unity of the country is the democratisation of their tribal loyalties. And that inevitably leads to gradual detribalisation of consciousness, which makes it possible to treat a person as an individual and not basically a member of another tribe. That is the first error of Achebe.

• Ojukwu reviewing a parade of Biafran soldiers
Instead of writing the book as a writer who is Igbo, Achebe wrote the book as an Igbo writer, working himself into a Zugzwang bind, a position in chess that ensures the continuous weakening of your position with every step you make. All the places that should alarm the moral consciousness of any writer, Achebe is either indifferent to or dismisses them outright because the victims are not his people. But in every encounter that shows the Igbo being killed or resented by Nigerians, or by the Yoruba in particular, Achebe intensifies the spotlight, deploying stratospheric rhetoric, including quotes from foreign authors with further elaborations in end notes to show he is not partial. Achebe calls upon powerfully coercive emotive words and phrasings to dignify what is clearly repugnant to reason. Furthermore, not only does he take pride in ignoring the findings of common sense, he allocates primetime attention to fact-free rants just because they say his people are the most superior tribe in Nigeria. The book, to say the least, is a masterpiece of propaganda and sycophancy. It is not a writer’s business to be an accomplice to lies.
First, let’s take Achebe’s Christopher Okigbo. Throughout the book, Achebe presents Okigbo in loving moments complete with tender details: Okigbo....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply)

Leah Sheribu Gives Birth To Baby Boy For Boko Haram Commander / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.