Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia (136477 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos) / The Benin Monarch Frowns At Display Of Political Hooliganism By EDHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Warship: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2016
Oasis007:

undecided

Constructing heavy War-Machines, Grenades weren't a problem, but producing a tiny bullet was?!

Technology indeed!

Technology is not based on size but knowledge.

That knowledge we lack

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
thats not the point. its a fight between one faction of the west and another faction of the west. yes the west already had control but the french wanted a piece of the pie and biafra war was how they could cause instability so they can get a piece of the pie from america and britain.
That you believed the French can get a pie from America is funny.
America was and is the world power. Nobody gets a piece from them.
If the French actually had a hope of getting a piece, then they would actively supported Biafra like Britain did Nigeria.
France just wanted a weak anglophone Nigeria that is all. They didn't stick their necks out for it.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by OBAFEMIawolowo: 11:38am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
thats not the point. its a fight between one faction of the west and another faction of the west. yes the west already had control but the french wanted a piece of the pie and biafra war was how they could cause instability so they can get a piece of the pie from america and britain.
stop jumping around ignorantly. Those weapons were produced locally, the factories where they were produced are still in aba and nnewi.

The armoured tank there is called the red scorpion, who else do you think would have constructed the ojukwu bunker (was it imported from Paris?).
We cannot change history because you don't like it, even the Europeans and famous notable Nigerians gave credence to this fact, then who are you to start making fallacious claims.

12 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by AdeKamal(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2016
kiss wink[color=#006600][/color]one Nigeria please..

let's
bury
all
hatchets.

let's have a one great nation and pray and support ourselves towards greater heights
thank your
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Alexandro15: 11:39am On Aug 28, 2016
new2020:

**** you need heavy machineries to make those parts abi? If B!afrans engineers and scientists reasoned like your amala brain, they would not have manufactured a simple device. Whenever Ojukwu will tell them to manufacture a weapon or device for the survival of the B!afran nation...they will all reply with you amala thinking brain " WE NEED HEAVY MACHINERIES TO MANUFACTURE THAT DEVICE" ****You see why Igbos don't reason like you people? ****

Go and see if Innoson uses heavy machineries to manufacture aviation parts for Nigerian Airforce. Only if you will travel out of your amala region to Nnewi...do you know that car, trucks mechanical parts that most Nigerians use...gear box, fuel pumps, water pumps, transmissions are manufactured in Nnewi and branded as made in Japan? Go and tell Abdsulami Abubakar he doesn't know what he was saying when he visited Nnewi last week.

Lol. You killed it bro. Your comment got me laughing so hard here.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:39am On Aug 28, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
stop jumping around ignorantly. Those weapons were produced locally, the factories where they were produced are still in aba and nnewi.

The armoured tank there is called the red scorpion, who else do you think would have constructed the ojukwu bunker (was it imported from Paris?).
We cannot change history because you don't like it, even the Europeans and famous notable Nigerians gave credence to this fact, then who are you to start making fallacious claims.
french mercenaries did all that with the help of biafran labor
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by zeongeon: 11:39am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
bros, this is all fun. dont take nothing personal. if you read through the thread you will see several cone-head afonja scratch face yoloba insults lolzzz. this is harmless nairaland banter between yoruba and igbo who deep down know they are brothers but just enjoy fighting each other wink
You won't blame me, its just the perception I have about you and the personality you created online. Its well
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Gassa007: 11:40am On Aug 28, 2016
ashjay001:

True talk jare! How can Igbos be my mate? My lands are d most developed compared to urs, my pple are d most civilised, my region is d most peaceful.

Infact this ur innovative tech was stopped by mere hunger, initiated by guess who ...
By the person killed by rat poison. I know your guess is as good as mine....

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Warship: 11:40am On Aug 28, 2016
betterABIAstate:
according to the casualty data, Nigeria had about 35,000-50,000 casualties while Biafra had just 10,000-25,000.
It shows that Nigeria won by sheer population of soldiers.
Nigerian military casualties was about 500,000
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by NobleG1(m): 11:41am On Aug 28, 2016
PaulIdu:

How can a grenade launcher wipe out an entire division. .my friend you talk like a learner .

If you knew the damage that weapon can cause, you won't doubt his statement.

The thing didn't launch an ordinary hand grenad. You're probably confused on what type of grenade it was.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:44am On Aug 28, 2016
zeongeon:
You won't blame me, its just the perception I have about you and the personality you created online. Its well
brah, i am a dynamic person in that i will participate in anything even if it is childish fighting so long as i dont insult people personally. i can make blanket statements, i am not religious or bound by human traditions. so if you think because i am spiritual, i am supposed to be talking sweet all the time, thats not biblical. its not biblical to be sweet to everybody. sometimes you have to contest

2 corinthians 11 vs 6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Topmath05(m): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2016
Milllz:

Smh angry sad .

Same way they cleared all our account balances, gave us £20 each to start and sold our oil wells to the north but today we are still billionaires.

you are Wright brother, simple reason I hate awolowo till date dat man was a thief original one

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:47am On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
That you believed the French can get a pie from America is funny.
America was and is the world power. Nobody gets a piece from them.
If the French actually had a hope of getting a piece, then they would actively supported Biafra like Britain did Nigeria.
France just wanted a weak anglophone Nigeria that is all. They didn't stick their necks out for it.
who do you think sold all of new orleans to america ? the french. so the french were once more powerful than america. america only emerged as a superpower in the last 50 years. there used to be a time just 200 years ago when even britain used to collect taxes from america. read your history

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by PaulIdu: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2016
NobleG1:

If you knew the damage that weapon can cause, you won't doubt his statement.

The thing didn't launch an ordinary hand grenad. You're probably confused on what type of grenade it was.

It was clearly a conventional weapon using a conventional explosive charge and my friend there is no known conventional explosive known to man man that can cause the kind of damage you speak of..it's just common sense bro
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by OBAFEMIawolowo: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
french mercenaries did all that with the help of biafran labor
French marceneries did the job? How come Nigeria government have not hired French mercenaries till date to do something substantial for the nation?
Where was it published that they French mercenaries did the job or did you just assume it?

Ojukwu bunker is a masterpiece of an IBO, Frank mbanefo of agbim and partners a port Harcourt based company made the structural design and Okechukwu Onyemelukwe was the builder of the bunker.

Stop this ignorance, I think Nigerian government should incorporate Biafra history into our curriculum to educated people like you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by parrotsquare: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2016
Talk is cheap and laying claims to lie is the easiest. How can it be that such ingenuity can be exhibited at that time and yet we are still importing Tokunbo cars. Abeg sit straight my people and stop living a lie. In every war of successions the warring parties will always have allies, people that will support you because of the benefits they stand to gain. Am sure and feel Ojukwu and his members had such allies that gave them the effrontery to stage such idiotic war. If I am right I would say the Germans; they were casualties of a dastardly staged war to conquer the world but lost like fowls. It is possible they wanted to win some small wars to get back to where they were and so would want to form allies with grieved souls like we had then so they decided to support some divisions and supply them with weaponry especially and machines to stage that war. If only we had technology to ascertain the origin of those machines then you see that am not far from the truth. Nobody in Nigeria at that time could manufacture match stick not to mention bullets. Abeg, I wish Ojukwu could give up is allies before his death, then nobody will have that boldness to post a lie like this but I will assume that not giving up his allies was the bravest he did in his lifetime. God bless the state of Nigeria and help us out of these lies so we can foxus on a better future for our generations to come.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Izonpikin: 11:51am On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:

Chain reaction..lmao..

You people no go kille pesin with lafta I swear... grin grin
is it a crime if for once you praise the ingenuity of the ibos??...just for once...

11 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Oasis007(m): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2016
Warship:

Technology is not based on size but knowledge.

That knowledge we lack

undecided

Biafra Technologists lacked the simple and basic knowledge to make Bullets..... but well endowed with the knowledge to build sophisticated Tanks and WMD - Ogbunigwe?!

Even ordinary Yoruba Hunters are making Bullets since time immemorial!

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by DengXioping(m): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
ojukwu did not hire mercenaries. those mercenaries hired ojukwu. biafra was a proxy war for the west for african resources. deep down ojukwu thought he was fighting to liberate biafra but the people who are controlling the show ( the world powers ) were fighting for nigerian resources.
Though ur assertion is mostly ryt, I would say it is a bit crooked .
Yes the quest for control of resourses was a major issue, and DT was wat brought France to support Biafra, nd the U.S etc. on the Nigerian side. Control over petroleum in the Niger-Delta, was a paramount military objective of both sides nd their supporting parties. But apart from those mercenaries u said hired Ojukwu, Ojukwu did hire mercenaries. They were paid for there services in Biafran bonds.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Ritchiee: 11:53am On Aug 28, 2016
eduj:

while at it you can post links on how France sent the ogbunigwe bomb to Biafra too.

Biafrans tried but they invented nothing.In a war such as the Nigerian civil war,you don't always get all the information because there is a lot of secrecy but a couple of journalists got something.READ THIS AND GO TO THAT LINK AND READ SOME OF IGBOS' LIES THAT HAVE BEEN BUSTED.Have you asked yourself why Igbos could not perform those feats before and even after the civil war.Ib this 21st century,Yorubas control 79% of the ICT world in Nigeria...

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/03/05/biafra-the-facts-the-fiction/

And Ogbunigwe was not a product of Igbo ingenuity; it was a “bespectacled” American mercenary from Massachussets Institute of Technology, uncovered by the Irish journalist Donal Musgrave ,that was secretly training Biafrans on how to use fertilisers to make bombs (cf 13 August 1968 cable from American Embassy in Dublin to the one in the Lagos).
Propaganda and Diplomatic Moves
In the book, Achebe narrates the many diplomatic missions–official and unofficial–he embarked on for the secession. A particularly telling one was to the President of Senegal, Leopold Senghor (pg162). He and Ojukwu were attracted to Senghor because of his Negritude philosophical movement. This story of course is not true. Sam Agbam, who Achebe claimed he travelled with, was executed alongside Victor Banjo, Emmanuel Ifeajuna and Philip Alale in Enugu on Saturday 23 September 1967. What Achebe went to warn Senghor about did not become an issue until June 1968 when Biafra was losing and Ojukwu had to move the capital further south to the heartland of Umuahia, then to Orlu. And there was a monstrously centripetal migration of Igbos towards the new capital, which resulted in the humanitarian catastrophe. And the Uli Airport Achebe claimed they flew from had not been constructed before his travel companion was executed on 23 September 1967. It was constructed and opened for use in August 1968 because Enugu and Port Harcourt, which were Biafra’s only airports, had fallen into the hands of Nigerians. So let’s take Achebe’s story as story and move on. Achebe tells us after days of bureaucratic obstacles, he directly delivered to Senghor, Ojukwu’s personal letter that “informs him of the real catastrophe building up in Biafra”. Senghor, Achebe writes, “glanced through the letter quickly, and then turned to me and said he would deal with it overnight…as soon as possible (pg 162).” Throughout the book Achebe never says what Senghor’s response was. That alone should alert the reader that the response was not favourable to the Biafran cause since.....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2016
DengXioping:

Though ur assertion is mostly ryt, I would say it is a bit crooked .
Yes the quest for control of resourses was a major issue, and DT was wat brought France to support Biafra, nd the U.S etc. on the Nigerian side. Control over petroleum in the Niger-Delta, was a paramount military objective of both sides nd their supporting parties. But apart from those mercenaries u said hired Ojukwu, Ojukwu did hire mercenaries. They were paid for there services in Biafran bonds.
i do not contest that fact. in fact he hired a yoruba mercenary by the name of victor banjo, a warrior who single handedly took benin ore under 1 day
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:56am On Aug 28, 2016
PaulIdu:

How can a grenade launcher wipe out an entire division. .my friend you talk like a learner .
WHAT HAPPENED WAS THAT THE LAUNCHER LAUNCHED AND HIT A PETROL TANKER ANS THE TANKER EXPLODE FORTH AND BACK KILLING SO MANY SOLDIERS BUT NOT 5900 SOLDIERS AS EXERGGARATED BY THAT CLOWN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 11:57am On Aug 28, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
French marceneries did the job? How come Nigeria government have not hired French mercenaries till date to do something substantial for the nation?
Where was it published that they French mercenaries did the job or did you just assume it?

Ojukwu bunker is a masterpiece of an IBO, Frank mbanefo of agbim and partners a port Harcourt based company made the structural design and Okechukwu Onyemelukwe was the builder of the bunker.

Stop this ignorance, I think Nigerian government should incorporate Biafra history into our curriculum to educated people like you.
biafrans did the labor, the french mercenaries did the draft and architecture
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by parrotsquare: 11:58am On Aug 28, 2016
Izonpikin:
is it a crime if for once you praise the ingenuity of the ibos??...just for once...

They can be if they want to but propensity to do otherwise is so high and am sure it is human nature and the culture that wants to take advance of every opportunity for gain.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2016
This is honestly amazing! Honestly speaking, a lot of those devices compare to what the modern Nigerian army is using. If the Biafrans were capable of all this, I don't see what stopped them from spending about 10 years to quietly develop and perfect their craft, in large numbers, and bringing their citizens home, before declaring independence. Impatience. Those Biafrans actually knew what they wanted, but it seems like they let excitement take over.
The current 'Biafrans' are confused. Really confused. If they secede today, Nigeria and Biafra will become another Somalia, or another Sudan.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by DengXioping(m): 11:59am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
i do not contest that fact. in fact he hired a yoruba mercenary by the name of victor banjo, a warrior who single handedly took benin ore under 1 day
True.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by obiageIi(f): 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
Simply amazing, we need to go back to regionalism.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by kulobyno: 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
betterABIAstate:
bros, there's hidden potential in Igbo land. At the age of 27, I had already identified and extracted a diuretic phytochemical in a very popular plant that can help manage hypertension. My brother who is a chemical engineer is working on a local drug synthesizer. The molecule is going through preclinical tests, the government of Nigeria is not helping at all coupled with the financial setbacks we have had in coming up with the drug synthesizing machine.

If I have the then government of Biafra, you think I wouldn't have gone far with all the preclinical tests?
We may have dusted that part and even gone ahead to develop other drugs and machines because we know what we want but no fund, no functioning research institute, no facilities in the country.

Let me just hint you on the little contribution I can make if Biafra war should come again, I can developed biogenetically engineered microbes (which name i wont give here) that can degrade some particular metals, l know I will get a good platform to carryout the research because the fund is now available unlike the then Biafra (I'm already doing little things as regards that incase the war comes again). This time, you will see the full technological potential we posses.

Or just give us independence, lets plan ourselves, this country is annoying to me.
Odogwu ndewo. These jealous ndiofemmanu lazy bigots would never understand.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by OBAFEMIawolowo: 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
biafrans did the labor, the french mercenaries did the draft and architecture
Frank mbanefo of agbim and partners did the structural design, whether you like it or not, that was what happened.

The history must not suit you

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by forray(m): 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
Aigbofa:

Biafra did not produce jack, it is a blatant lie. You don't products armored tanks without any factory or factories.

I don't see your point of argument my bro. Am not ibo, neither am I yuroba. Putting sentiments aside, if the country has continued on this track, either assemble or build from scratch, do you know where we wld be by now?
If it's so easy to assemble parts, how many have the federal government done since then?
Hate it or love it, the ibo ethnic is blessed. And if we are really serious in becoming a manufacturing and exporting country, sorry to say, they are the key.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by OBAFEMIawolowo: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
Oasis007:

undecided

Biafra Technologists lacked the simple and basic knowledge to make Bullets..... but well endowed with the knowledge to build sophisticated Tanks and WMD - Ogbunigwe?!

Even ordinary Yoruba Hunters are making Bullets since time immemorial!
go back to elementary science, it will help you.

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by LordValor: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
Prof. G. O Ezekwe graduated a mechanical engineer
He holds an M.Sc. in Metallurgical Engineering
and PhD in Engineering Sciences
from Higher Institute of Chemical Technology,
Sofia – Bulgaria. He started his career in 1982 as
Lecturer II in ASUTECH (now Enugu State
University of Science and Technology) in
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Department and rose to the rank of a Professor.
....So I bet dat answers it all bout d tank&refinery being forged or built....minds like prof Gordian help develop weaponz n tech used during d war,in some cases dey even went as far as scavagin destroyed federal craft too, ask ur fathers(that's d educated ones) in west hw many of their great lecturers of igbo origin eva returned after d war....and if u laff at we d igbo about lossing d war,ma dear so called patriot Nigerians,it is not a shame dat people without any good military trainin n lil or no international aid,support or fund or weapons cud hold off u so called gallant nigerian army with all d support,aid,fund n support for gud 3years....with nutin we fought nigeria for gud 3years...imagine if we had half what d federal troop had den....today we wud ve a topic like d title of achebes book....there was once a country called Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply)

See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) / Leah Sheribu Gives Birth To Baby Boy For Boko Haram Commander / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.