Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,282 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story (91329 Views)

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / Man Accuses Pastor Of Breaking His Marriage After Committing Adultery With Wife / Man Accused Of Chasing Away His Pregnant Wife Because Of His ''Mistress''.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by cococandy(f): 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
Lmao. cheesy cheesy

On a side note so infidelity dey pain guys like this. But y'all don't mind sticking it any available hole.

Jokers.

2 Likes

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by bukibabe: 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
l really pity the children they can never be happy with all these. love gone sour love base on deception. God will intervene
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
Marriage life. I guess I ain't missing anything. It seems people are getting married all in a bid to frustrate each other. No one is faithful and honest these days. Anyway where's my vase line

2 Likes

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by ifeomaekol(f): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
I believe him.

2 Likes

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by arosunshine(m): 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
rvpbae:
Bullocks! Bullocks!! Bullocks!!!

This doesn't justify why or how her leg got shattered. So ordinary fall led to broken bones?
[b] On what happened in June 19th 2016, incident that got ivie admitted at Tokin Hospital for broken leg, contrary to claims by Ivie, she actually got injured during a scuffle between myself and Matthew Agbaire who brought out a hammer his tool box in his car to fight me when Ivie at sighting me started shouting ole, ole for the security men to come and kill when Matthew brought her back home past one (1:00a.m.) in the morning while the children were left at home with a girl of about 13years old to care for them while Ivie and Matthew went to a hotel to have sex. Ivie in an attempt to allow Matthew to run away was holding on to my hands backward and in the course of my struggle, Ivie and I fell to the ground and then, Matthew wanted to seize the opportunity to slam the hammer in his hand on me which I dodged and then I noticed he was not relenting the second time after first strike which actually hit ivie, and then she shouted, when saw him trying to raise his hand again, I had to row over ivie and stood on my feet before the security men came to rescue the situation. Matthew quickly rushed her to a hospital in Surulere perhaps the same hospital the twin was aborted by Ivie and Matthew. [/b]
All this story is for an entirely different case, let him sue for defamation or carry matter go customary court.

He is being charged with assault and battery or that kind thing, two different cases.

its like u are having problem with comprehension, try to comprehend before commenting

2 Likes

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by ancientbanana: 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
No need to prove anything. Women are useless. Karma will catch up with her
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by Collins0609(m): 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
U no well.just because he lost his means of livelihood,i wish d same happen to u and ur family,and ur sister is a wife to d adulterous man
Sharafawizkidayo:
Human beings i fear them, i just cant imagine the brutality this man melted on his wife!!! hw can u be so wicked just bcuz u lost ur job.. alryt fine, we agree u lost ur job bcuz of her, so wat, is that the reason u made her turned into a living hell, this is unfair mr john.
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
this is a Very messy situation
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by Laple0541(m): 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
LifeIsGuhd:
Hmmm! But why are you coming out now to spill the beans after you lost your job? Why now?

He must be a very calm and responsible person, perhaps he was trying to save the public dog from shame.

1 Like

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by crazymommy(f): 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
rvpbae:
Bullocks! Bullocks!! Bullocks!!!

This doesn't justify why or how her leg got shattered. So ordinary fall led to broken bones?

sometimes it is better not to talk than to sound foolish.....did you even read the news at all or you are suffering from comprehension problem??i wonder which higher institution some of you graduated from,they can only read but cannot comprehend,eventhough am not siding the lady or the man but i think this your comment is dumb...and is people like you that make some people think many naija ladies are dumb.......

2 Likes

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by arosunshine(m): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by iykedare(m): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Onegai:

He broke her leg. She's currently on crutches. The case got charged to court. His place of work was pressured to sack him. She took his gist to the bloggers as a deadbeat dad. He's defending.

Very boring Assault case. I've heard of much more interesting cases, nothing like a man dying and multiple kids and multiple wives. They can bring their babalawo to court grin

Jesus, did you read his own side of the story. Did you see his evidence? I expected better from you.

What a generation of women. No wonder men want women who are like half their moms.

2 Likes

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by phreakabit(m): 10:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
[size=28pt]They should hang this lying two timing b!tch abeg!
Just lie put on top the poor guy head.[/size]
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by Kyllahmc(m): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
Lol scary... I dey fear all these hoes... If i fail to find a lady like my mum, im not gonna get married!
But then i want babies... Damit!
Well a mutual contract marriage wont be such a bad idea... Or simply adopt. Life is way too short for all these mess...
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by crazymommy(f): 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2016
Pidgin2:
Where are the original school fees receipts, if he truly paid for the fees he should have original copies and who pays for feeding, welfare, hospital bills etc which the kids require?. Jail him for wife battery
no be only wife battery na wife charger...olodo grin

3 Likes

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by iykedare(m): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
cococandy:
Lmao. cheesy cheesy

On a side note so infidelity dey pain guys like this. But y'all don't mind sticking it any available hole.

Jokers.

Everything shouldn't be about gender war.

1 Like

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by crazymommy(f): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
jaiyefavour:
some men are unbelievable.....I won't expose my wife to the world no matter how hurt I am.....besides men need to control emotions
expose his wife to the public when the marriage is already exposed??can you expose what is already expose??sorry you are the one who is unbelievable here....or maybe you did not even understand the genesis of the story...

1 Like

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by iykedare(m): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
crazymommy:
no be only wife battery na wife charger...olodo grin

Thank God all women are not the same. Some are sensible.

1 Like

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
Viking007:
After God, fear Nigerian women.

Probably the most reasonable thing said on this thread

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by Kingbuhari(m): 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2016
women are little devil's...i will marry because of this reasons, 1 continuation of my generation and secondly she will he very important in the other room especially now the economy is not friendly
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by crazymommy(f): 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
cococandy:
Thanks you guys. As much as I hate domestic violence, I think false accusations are worse.
Does she have witnesses to the assault?
Or is it a he said/ she said thing.

If she lied about him not supporting the kids, even if he broke her leg, without witnesses, it will be hard for people to believe her.
you just said my mind...GOD bless you my sister...their story sef get K leg....
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by ikemesit4477: 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2016
GurlFriend:
See earlier threads and accusations:

Ivie Edobor: Zenith Bank Staff Fractures Ex-Wife's Leg (Photos) https://www.nairaland.com/3360614/ivie-edobor-zenith-bank-staff

Zenith Bank Sacks Staff Who Brutalised His Wife & Fractured Her Bones(photos) - https://www.nairaland.com/3464801/zenith-bank-sacks-staff-brutalised

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/11/john-edobor-man-accused-of-breaking.html
I only came to read the comment, thank you all for your contribution.
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by maximus10: 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2016
If this is actually true... the woman is a disgrace, only God can judge sha!

1 Like

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
Onegai:
Hmm, he's got enough to prove reasonable doubt. But there need to be witnesses as to the assault to say what happened. Because right now, that's his word against hers. Ivie claims he hired thugs, he claims it was a 3-way brawl, both of them should provide witnesses. He is on trial for attempted murder of his spouse, not for not paying Child support. Though it was bad of her to lie about that to the media.

I don't buy that first marriage one, St. Dominic's is very thorough about their vetting process. So they would have announced banns in her village so that some nosy neighbour would come forward and they will stop the wedding. He would have been informed of her previous marriage to another man. Catholic church doesn't play with banns in Nigeria.

And they can subpoena her doctor in court to produce her medical history to prove a late-term abortion or not. So he should provide the name of the hospital in Surulere to the court. However, the wife says he kicked her out 2 years before the assault, the messages see her admitting that their marriage broke down 2 years before assault. How come he thought it was his? Unless they were still living together.

If one looks at the dates from the payments, August 2014, they were in school in Abraham Adesanya, so it's either they still lived close to Laura Stephens. And that payment was for 2014/2015 session. But August 2016, they were paying for 1st term in a Surulere school.
There is no 2015 schoolfees attached, so maybe she paid for that year.

He's being charged with attempted murder (the judge scaled up the charges from assault). The Law allows that a scuffle can lead to a slap in an argument with your spouse, but punches and visible beating and any broken limbs or anything that comes to the hospital is Assault.

If he can get a good lawyer, someone that handles Criminal cases, he can prove reasonable doubt to the Judge that Ivie is a an untrustworthy plantiff so her version of the story cannot be trusted and insist on witnesses around the area. Someone must have seen or heard something. If they were brawling with her bf, Surulere is not so quiet that someone won't have opened their window to peek and pokenose. Sometimes, an amebo neighbour can be a lifesaver o grin

There are holes in both their stories. The fact remains, he was at her Surulere residence at a time he should not have been. That is why he is being charged with Attempted Murder, the only reason he would show up at his estranged wife's house at 1am is because he went there looking for a fight. So, all this may help him but he will definitely get the Grevious Bodily Harm charge on his head. And that is why Zenith Bank fired him: their lawyers knew he was guilty of something.

On top another matter you come write all this? If we look at you, you don't even have a boyfriend talkless of a fiancee or husband! Spit on your head and walk out of thread

1 Like

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by sisisioge: 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
Hmmmm, life is just full of different shades. I will just analyze the facts of the case to myself and sit on the fence. I totally abhor violence of any kind especially on women! Looking at things from the other side of the coin...

Facts:
-Lady has some history of veritable character flaws. We could ask the previous husband, her past two employers, the people she was owing etc.

- That she was still sleeping with her husband despite her claim of being chased out of the house because of her female children.Hmmm , she got pregnant but there was a dispute about paternity... whew! It is well.

- That the husband wasn't caring for the kids...well, we could verify receipts and all

- That the friend with whom she was purported attacked is in fact another married man who might in fact be the father of mentioned pregnancy...

It is well o. Dude shouldn't have waited for the media to try the case before he told his side of the story. As per Zenith letting him go, he had it coming. The publicity reflected was too bad on them. On how he got to be at the location on that day...whew, he was indeed a dumb azzzzxhole. He should have jejely signed off her and let her be. If she's as bad as said, let this new man worry about it.

Anyways, may God help us choose our partners right...God knows I can't deal with troublesome people thus He would keep them far away from me.

2 Likes

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by crazymommy(f): 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
Naturalle:
Typical Nigerian man to brand his wife a LovePeddler as soon as she is not his to beat or abuse again! The devil is a liar! Your lies will not work! You will go to JAIL!!

well in a case like this ,every intelligent lady will listen to the man side of the story,the woman side of the story and the TRUTH...only a dumb lady or guy will jump into conclusions!!!!we are not there so don't be too quick to judge what you were not a witness to,we are all just speculating because we did not use our own eyes to experience what happened,we are all just talking based on the stories we are just hearing,we don't know the 100% truth...let us be careful with the way we jump into conclusions,if Police invite you come police station to say what you know about the issue??will u have anything to say when you are not the wife or husband or their neighbour or their family members??please we should stop Being sentimental when reasoning,eventhough i am among those that hate domestic violence like mad but that does not mean i should allow sentiment allow me to stop using my common sense...and i will not be sentimental towards any gender,i say things the way it is irrespective of the gender involved

4 Likes

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by Onegai(f): 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
iykedare:

Jesus, did you read his own side of the story. Did you see his evidence? I expected better from you.

What a generation of women. No wonder men want women who are like half their moms.

Is he being judged on his parenting skills? No, because that is not what is on trial here. Is he trying to prove that she has a history of provoking him? Yes. Does the Law state that if your spouse is a bad spouse, you can kill him/her? NO! You are expected to divorce or reconcile, not go for a grudge match and expect the Law to support personal vengeance. After all, if the brothers of all the girls you slept with and dumped, beat you into a wheelchair, will you like the court of Law to state that they did it under extreme provocation and let them all go scot-free? Nope. Is he being judged for attacking his estranged wife? Yes. Did he go to her house at 1am in the morning to look for a fight? Yes. Did he get arrested then? Yes. Does he have a valid and justifiable reason for going to waylay his estranged wife at 1am in the morning in a house that is not under his purview? He has not provided it.

Stop being so emotional and be logical. If she had poisoned him and claimed extreme provocation, she would still be facing jail time and you guys will be satisfied that justice has been served. Unless he can explain why he went to Ivie's house at 1am without prior invitation, he is presumed to have gone there with an intent to cause serious wahala. He cannot even claim Self-Defence because HE CARRIED HIS 2 LEGS FROM AJAH TO SURULERE TO WAYLAY HER AT HER HOUSE AT 1am in the morning. He has to show evidence that she invited him there. It doesn't matter if Ivie was the she-devil, the Law expects that you as an adult, should be able to save yourself from demonic influences and flee for your own safety. If he's lucky, he will get Assault which is a lesser charge than attempted murder.

After he found out she was pregnant with another man's child. He could have WALKED AWAY and only worry about Visitation and Custody for his daughters. Or are you all forgetting pictures of him in bed with another woman are all over the internet? Ivie's lawyer can use that to negate all this "she cheated" story.

Let this serve as a warning to everyone: walk away from any disastrous situation so that you don't die or you are not provoked into making someone else die. There is no defence like "he or she pushed me to do it"...not unless you can buy yourself a good verdict or get a well-connected SAN to defend you. Instead of staying and enduring till you feed Sniper to your husband or bludgeon your wife to death, walk away and don't look back.

Now, look what you made me do, I was about to insult one nonenity but I took the time to reply you and now cannot be bothered to check his moniker. Shame on you! angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by calabardick(m): 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
Viking007:
After God, fear Nigerian women.

1 Like

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by maximus10: 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
[b][/b]
jaiyefavour:
some men are unbelievable.....I won't expose my wife to the world no matter how hurt I am.....besides men need to control emotions
read the 1st story, yhu will expose her to CNN

1 Like

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by teeghurl(f): 10:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
pcguru1:
Marriage life. I guess I ain't missing anything. It seems people are getting married all in a bid to frustrate each other. No one is faithful and honest these days. Anyway where's my vase line
hehehe, Vaseline crew grin
Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by queenpin: 10:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
I am not judging anyone but this are my honest thoughts.
It is obvious that they were separated. Mr Edobor,knew that his wife was financially reckless, he knew his wife cheated on him with Matthew,he also knew that his wife was also legally married to another man. He according to his statements also knew that after the said abortion,Ivie still ran into her lover's arms. He addressed all these issues beautifully but didn't address the fact that she accused him of bringing another woman into their house, with pictures to prove.
Now having endured all this things and more,what was he still trying to find out by stalking her,why was he by her house by 1am.What was the new evidence he was trying to gather.
People can be funny, I know and it can turn out that ivie is lying about who assulted her,but she has always maintained that her husband did and Mr Edobor didn't try one bit to defend himself until now,making his timing suspect.

1 Like

Re: John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story by bbjummy: 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2016
jaiyefavour:
But women are allowed to expose their hubby to the world ko? Unbelievable thought! BTW, did you not read that the man has been silent for a while before speaking up? That is to tell you that his head dey there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? / Man Sleeps With His Neighbor's Wife, Beats Her Husband After He Caught Them / OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party :o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.