Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

"Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha (43078 Views)

2019: Tinubu Cannot Leave APC. See Why / OPINION: This Is Why Igbos Cannot Leave Nigeria / Igbo's Cannot Leave The North Because Of Their Numerous Investments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Alariwo2: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
SoNature:

You can never imagine the number of enemies u are creating for yourself on Nairalnad with the things u write here. U think say na only u go school abi? Well, continue...millions of people are reading your comments and u don't know who is who.

I just hope you don't realise the damage you have done when it's too late...I have two words for you: just continue.

bia.. fvck off and don't ever come back

if it's to call your country a zoo and our upright president a dullar.d, your senses won't function then

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Ugosample(m): 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
Alariwo2:

Ahmadu Bello analysed them long ago before the first igbo coup in Nigeria..

he said.. put an igbo man in a camp, he'll try to emerge headman of that camp in no time

smart is knowing charity begins at home which they don't
industrious is having clean records and crime free certification worldwide like SW which attracts investors unlike them fond of kidnapping foreigners

it goes on and on

@Your second paragraph, what is wrong with being ambitious? Why can't one aspire to be the head of the camp
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by urchman3000(m): 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
Okorohausa.... D man that was among the cabal that pulled down jonathan's administration, now telling Nigeria not to pull APC. You rochas , are a big joke of the year,,,,,, continue deceiving urself, not us...

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Alariwo2: 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
Generalyemi:

wow....your logical reasoning stink like the eru u niggas use in ur soup making.....u haven't travelled much apart from Ibadan to Lagos,so all u know about this life is Yoruba stuff.....I rather reason with ur uneducated masters( Hausas n Fulanis) than exchange words with u......Jesus loves u

He loves you more.

truth hurts.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by SoNature(m): 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:
The five south east state can leave nigeria if they want, nobody cares as long no single south south soil is included.

I know IPOD frauds would soon come and attack me with thier usual boring following lines:

1. Who are you to speak for entire South South or Niger Delta. My question to them who are IPOB to even speak for the entire south east.

2. There is no word like South South in Geography. My answer to them, words are created by man and nations. Nigeria have created the word South South and it has come to stay. Deal with it. The word South South is also used by the United Nation. U can google to get educated.The word google,facebook,IPAD were created in our lifetime.

3. You yoruba and Afonja. My answer to them: i am a full blooded Niger Deltan like Amadi Elechi, Anthony Enahoro, Ken Saro Wiwa, Isaac Adoko Boro , Ateke Tom, Ayiri etc who rejects Biafra. If you dont believe, u can go hug toilet!

4.We will not leave any Igbo thribe in south south. My answer to them: We dont have Igbo in South South. What we have in south south is distinct independent ethnic nationalities like Kwale, igbanke, ikwerre, Anioma, Etc. Cubans arecnot Mexicans,Texans are not Mexicans, Portuguese are not spanish even though they share border, history and language similarities.

5.We dont want South South because of oil. You can say dat to a one year old infant. There is low oil price today, all the south east states are currently facing strong recession.

6. Your Divide and Rule wont work. My answer to IPOB is that they are the king of Divide and rule. Whenever a Niger Deltan speak on Niger Delta issue, IPOB fraud are quick to tell you how Ijaw cant speak for Urhobo, how edo cant speak for Isoko and Itsekiri cant speak for ndokwa etc. IPOB always want to tell us Niger Deltans how diverse and different we are while downplaying are strong simililarities and history so dat they can easily annex us as small insignificant groups.

7. There will be a Referedum where South south will have to chose between Nigeria and Biafra. This is d most deluded statement of IPOB which can only happen in thier wet dreams. If there will be referedum in Nigeria it can never be two choice. The choice will and must include: Niger Delta Republic, Nigeria , Biafra, Oduduwa. Biafra will never be our choice.

You can never imagine the number of enemies u are creating for yourself on Nairalnad with the things u write here. U think say na only u go school abi? Well, continue...millions of people are reading your comments and u don't know who is who.
I just hope you don't realise the damage you have done when it's too late...I have two words for you: just continue.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by chibuzorAbia: 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
Alariwo2:

This is just the sad truth most of them fail to see

Their lands are so bad that it can hardly grow crops well, poor roads amongst other calamities

igbos should just look for somewhere to sit their asses abeg.. dem no get mouth atal

Well done
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Alariwo2: 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ugosample:

@Your second paragraph, what is wrong with being ambitious? Why can't one aspire to be the head of the camp

being overly ambitious is wrong..
trying to outshine people you meet in a particular place or let's say those who took you in and also wanting to lord over them is very wrong

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Girlbestfriend(f): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
Mehn see hateful comments

But on a serious note, the Igbo's that keeps giving Nigerians bad name/Image(with there drug related issues) wanna leave Nigeria for WHO?

in shot we should be the one leaving Nigeria for them,

who wants to be associated with a drug country self.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by calabardick(m): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:
The five south east state can leave nigeria if they want, nobody cares as long no single south south soil is included.

I know IPOD frauds would soon come and attack me with thier usual boring following lines:

1. Who are you to speak for entire South South or Niger Delta. My question to them who are IPOB to even speak for the entire south east.

2. There is no word like South South in Geography. My answer to them, words are created by man and nations. Nigeria have created the word South South and it has come to stay. Deal with it. The word South South is also used by the United Nation. U can google to get educated.The word google,facebook,IPAD were created in our lifetime.

3. You yoruba and Afonja. My answer to them: i am a full blooded Niger Deltan like Amadi Elechi, Anthony Enahoro, Ken Saro Wiwa, Isaac Adoko Boro , Ateke Tom, Ayiri etc who rejects Biafra. If you dont believe, u can go hug toilet!

4.We will not leave any Igbo thribe in south south. My answer to them: We dont have Igbo in South South. What we have in south south is distinct independent ethnic nationalities like Kwale, igbanke, ikwerre, Anioma, Etc. Cubans arecnot Mexicans,Texans are not Mexicans, Portuguese are not spanish even though they share border, history and language similarities.

5.We dont want South South because of oil. You can say dat to a one year old infant. There is low oil price today, all the south east states are currently facing strong recession.

6. Your Divide and Rule wont work. My answer to IPOB is that they are the king of Divide and rule. Whenever a Niger Deltan speak on Niger Delta issue, IPOB fraud are quick to tell you how Ijaw cant speak for Urhobo, how edo cant speak for Isoko and Itsekiri cant speak for ndokwa etc. IPOB always want to tell us Niger Deltans how diverse and different we are while downplaying are strong simililarities and history so dat they can easily annex us as small insignificant groups.

7. There will be a Referedum where South south will have to chose between Nigeria and Biafra. This is d most deluded statement of IPOB which can only happen in thier wet dreams. If there will be referedum in Nigeria it can never be two choice. The choice will and must include: Niger Delta Republic, Nigeria , Biafra, Oduduwa. Biafra will never be our choice.

On point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by zero8zero(m): 9:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:

I wish that this comment makes every thread. but whether it makes it or not, you are a legend.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by mightyhazel: 9:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Yes i stay in Nigeria...
u do?

Cos u sounded like u don't!
grin

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by calabardick(m): 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
zendy:
Okoroawusa has never meant well for Ndigbo. All he cares about is his 2023 presidential ambition.

What is okoroawusa?
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by kyrianomang(m): 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
malton:
In "Why Nations Fail", Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson opined that:

States do not fail overnight. The seeds of their destruction are sown deep within their political institutions.

This holds true for Nigeria.

We, as a people, have been utterly unable to take advantage of our society’s huge potential for growth in spite of the numbers.

Our failure, like they alleged, is by design. This too, is true.

I will not stand here and pretend as if the Igbos will be less of a loss to Nigeria than say, the Yorubas, or even the oil rich Delta.

Truth is, those people have contributed to the growth of Nigeria in their own way. They are incredible!

But, we've let the politics separate us; allowed our differences to define us; and have allowed others tell our story for us.

In a nation as diverse as Nigeria, carrying everyone along is important. Unless we tell our leaders the truth, they will continue to come between. After all, the only language they understand is divide and rule.

We've fought battles we shouldn't have. We've won battles but watched others share the spoils.

The average Nigerian lives everyday believing that his next door neighbor is his problem. How untrue that is. We may insult the Igbos all we want - I do that a lot - for fun, actually - but, the truth remains - they are the piece that complete this puzzle.

Stupidity is when Mr. A will want you to believe that Mr. C is your problem... But, be doesn't see any wrong in reaching across to that same person he condemns. Some even go as far as marrying their offspring(s) off to their (your) supposed enemies.

Mr. Rochas, being a majority isn't any consolation. You should channel all that vigor into advising Mr. President on the right thing to do. Our leaders have failed because we have been sycophantic for far too long.

If you want them in Nigeria so badly, you've got to prove to them that they are highly valued, like the rest of the society.

I wouldn't advice my sister to continue in an abusive marriage; for better for worse. Karyan ciwo!

The solution to them staying or not rests squarely on your shoulders (the leaders).

As someone who understands the pareto principle owing to my privileged economics background, I believe that the 5% comment has to be the most reckless, divisive, and belittling sentence that I've heard a president (someone who ironically, should have been a unifying force instead) make.
I feel you. Quite meticulous. I love intellectuals

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Ngozi123(f): 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:

7. There will be a Referedum where South south will have to chose between Nigeria and Biafra. This is d most deluded statement of IPOB which can only happen in thier wet dreams. If there will be referedum in Nigeria it can never be two choice. The choice will and must include: Niger Delta Republic, Nigeria , Biafra, Oduduwa.

As long as you're excluding the Igbos indigenous to the region named the 'South-South' then I agree that the (rest of the) South-South shouldn't be included in any independent Igbo nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Victorvexz(m): 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:

4.We will not leave any Igbo thribe in south south. My answer to them: We dont have Igbo in South South. What we have in south south is distinct independent ethnic nationalities like Kwale, igbanke, ikwerre, Anioma, Etc. Cubans are not Mexicans,Texans are not Mexicans, Portuguese are not spanish even though they share border, history and language similarities.

6. Your Divide and Rule wont work. My answer to IPOB is that they are the king of Divide and rule. Whenever a Niger Deltan speak on Niger Delta issue, IPOB fraud are quick to tell you how Ijaw cant speak for Urhobo, how edo cant speak for Isoko and Itsekiri cant speak for ndokwa etc. IPOB always want to tell us Niger Deltans how diverse and different we are while downplaying our strong simililarities and history so dat they can easily annex us as small insignificant groups.

1 Miliion likes for you my brother. U just spoke nothing but the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by zendy: 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
calabardick:

On point

The problem you people who call your selves "Niger Deltan" have is that you dont know Niger Delta is just a geo-polical zone, it is not a people.

There are over 40 tribes in the Niger Delta but there is not one single organisation that represents them or brings them together.

How is it that there are over 40 tribes scattared all over the south of Nigeria and no one can can point to even one single thing that brings them together?
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by zero8zero(m): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
Truth is mine**
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
Alariwo2:

being overly ambitious is wrong..
trying to outshine people you meet in a particular place or let's say those who took you in and also wanting to lord over them is very wrong

tell them...very insulting..

what do i care if you are better than me in something..??
i am better than you in something else..and??..

should i boost about that the ol time??..

ipobians dont think deep...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Victorvexz(m): 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ngozi123:

As long as you're excluding the Igbos indigenous to the region coined the 'South-South' then I agree that the (rest of the) South-South shouldn't be included in any independent Igbo nation.
Yoruba is the second largest ethnic group in Benin republic with a population of 3 million, recognized by their government, but u don't see Yoruba claiming them or including them in their Oduduwa republic agitation. Why can't u igbos do the same and stay on ur own and stop dragging people in the south south simply because they speak a certain Igbo dialect. It simply means u people are nothing without the south south and their Oil.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by humilitypays(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
MiyattiAllah:
We all know They can't Leave because the have nowhere to go.
They can't even leave Maiduguri or Kano talkless of their Heaven (LAGOS).
It is only illiterates that think and believe freedom means vacating from every other region to go back to your home!

Jews fought for freedom to have their own independent state, and they finally got it (Israel) in 1950s, but guess what

Total Jewish population is around 15million, and out of that population, ‎around 6 million jews live in Israel, while 5.7 million or more live in United States of America, and the remaining jews are scattered all over the world, from Middle East to Europe.

Despite the fact that American economy is one of the best, most flourishing and favorable in the world, many Americans are living in Europe, Middle East, Australia, Asia and even Africa!

Does that make Americans useless No! It's human nature! Nobody can stop migration and emigration!

Only ancient, non-progressive people remain in their land forever!

A traveler is wiser than a gray haired person!

The more you travel, the more you see and the wiser and stronger you become in life!

If you want to rule the world, then you must be ready to explore other lands and to build and develop those lands too!

Igbos understand this principle of life!

If Europeans had remained in their enclave, I am sure they wouldn't have been the world power and the leader in everything in today's life!

Their traveling and co-habiting with every‎ race in the world led to their greatness, led to the discovery of many nations and islands, led to the global civilization and development you see all over the world today!

So even if Igbos get Biafra tomorrow, it doesn't stop Igbos from coming to live and do business in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ogun, Plateau, Taraba, Oyo, etc. The only difference is that when they are coming, they will need to get a visa/residence permit just as every other nation's citizens needs to live in another country they wish to reside.

So you kids should stop thinking like we are in the 1600s‎

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by zero8zero(m): 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ngozi123:

As long as you're excluding the Igbos indigenous to the region named the 'South-South' then I agree that the (rest of the) South-South shouldn't be included in any independent Igbo nation.
Guess who's at the party ..?
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by NovusHomo(m): 10:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
Igbo are majority in Nigeria :
grin grin grin grin grin
Okay o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by humilitypays(m): 10:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
Victorvexz:

Big Trash, ur Mumu post suppose dey for dustbin
Sir, feel free to counter my points with your own points/facts, no need for insults.

But you hate Igbos so much, yet you don't want them to go, irony of life. Why are you scared of losing someone you so much hate Na wa o lolz

If I were you guys, if I hate you or dislike you so much, I wouldn't want to even see you or co-habit with you.

So can you pls tell me why u don't want Igbos to go and have their own freedom peacefully without fight

3 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by solacong: 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
Okorohausa has spoken
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
zendy:

The problem you people who call your selves "Niger Deltan" have is that you dont know Niger Delta is just a geo-polical zone, it is not a people.

There are over 40 tribes in the Niger Delta but there is not one single organisation that represents them or brings them together.

How is it that there are over 40 tribes scattared all over the south of Nigeria and no one can can point to even one single thing that brings them together?

and..??..is that your business??

who send you??..

abegi park well..!!!..

we have our elders for that matters.....

PARK WELL!!!!!... angry angry angry angry..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by tobiasbeecher: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
trishapal:
They used to be the majority, but many thanks to Gowon
If by saying many thanks to Gowon because he fought and killed Igbos in the civil war, then I will say you're evil and heartless! Gosh! I'm just feeling pity for the man that will make the mistake... It is better he remains single.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by mmsen: 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
malton:
In "Why Nations Fail", Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson opined that:

States do not fail overnight. The seeds of their destruction are sown deep within their political institutions.

This holds true for Nigeria.

We, as a people, have been utterly unable to take advantage of our society’s huge potential for growth in spite of the numbers.

Our failure, like they alleged, is by design. This too, is true.

I will not stand here and pretend as if the Igbos will be less of a loss to Nigeria than say, the Yorubas, or even the oil rich Delta.

Truth is, those people have contributed to the growth of Nigeria in their own way. They are incredible!

But, we've let the politics separate us; allowed our differences to define us; and have allowed others tell our story for us.

In a nation as diverse as Nigeria, carrying everyone along is important. Unless we tell our leaders the truth, they will continue to come between. After all, the only language they understand is divide and rule.

We've fought battles we shouldn't have. We've won battles but watched others share the spoils.

The average Nigerian lives everyday believing that his next door neighbor is his problem. How untrue that is. We may insult the Igbos all we want - I do that a lot - for fun, actually - but, the truth remains - they are the piece that complete this puzzle.

Stupidity is when Mr. A will want you to believe that Mr. C is your problem... But, be doesn't see any wrong in reaching across to that same person he condemns. Some even go as far as marrying their offspring(s) off to their (your) supposed enemies.

Mr. Rochas, being a majority isn't any consolation. You should channel all that vigor into advising Mr. President on the right thing to do. Our leaders have failed because we have been sycophantic for far too long.

If you want them in Nigeria so badly, you've got to prove to them that they are highly valued, like the rest of the society.

I wouldn't advice my sister to continue in an abusive marriage; for better for worse. Karyan ciwo!

The solution to them staying or not rests squarely on your shoulders (the leaders).

As someone who understands the pareto principle owing to my privileged economics background, I believe that the 5% comment has to be the most reckless, divisive, and belittling sentence that I've heard a president (someone who ironically, should have been a unifying force instead) make.

The simple fact is that they are more productive than certain other groups that I will not name but they feel as if their voice is not heard. Men such as Okorocha do not help.

That is why are they calling for their own state - I wish they would desire to stay and the rest of the nation would confront the real problem group.

If Buhari had half a brain he could have partially salvaged his disastrous presidency by addressing the structural issues that are more apparent than ever.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by yoribo: 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2016
[size=28pt] Rochad don't warry God will fight for Igbos, you have done so badly to ndi-Igbos, y do u support the detention of Nnamdi
All igbos are waiting for you. God said let my people go. Now what was your contribution as an Igbo man in the nigerian constitution noghting .and u want us to be slaves abi, no warry. Dont be one of the pharoahs.

There is no way in the country called Nigeria. An adage says if you are going in a wrong way turn back, if no progress and u can't reach your destination. Nigeria has been in wrong way since independace and refused to turn back.
.[/size]
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by zendy: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
darkerthandark:

and..??..is that your business??

who send you??..

abegi park well..!!!..

we have our elders for that matters.....

PARK WELL!!!!!... angry angry angry angry..

My business? There is no business here. Those who talk about Niger Delta as a people are doing the same thing the accuse Igbos and Nigeria of doing, I believe it is called "attach by force".

How can a Bini on the west of the River Niger be saying he is one with the Oron man on the East of the Niger? What does the Bini man know about the Oron man?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 73rd Birthday With Friends On His Way To Nigeria / Anthony Adefuye: Obasanjo Is An Igbo Man From Anambra State / All 44 Candidates On Navy Supplementary List Under Buhari Are Northerners - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.