Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

"Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha (43082 Views)

2019: Tinubu Cannot Leave APC. See Why / OPINION: This Is Why Igbos Cannot Leave Nigeria / Igbo's Cannot Leave The North Because Of Their Numerous Investments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Hembelembe: 11:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
MiyattiAllah:
We all know They can't Leave because the have nowhere to go.
They can't even leave Maiduguri or Kano talkless of their Heaven (LAGOS).
For your mind now you make too much sense abi?

2 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Free101(m): 11:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
shamecurls:

So you cant assimilate and decode Dunkem21 `s composition?

You must be naturally dumb!

I doubt if you have ever made a patriotic composition of such in your life-time. And whats hurt the most twas that you had the sole effrontery to castigate such a brilliant write-up.

You need to start eating well.....It develops the brain
#WORD!

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by MiyattiAllah: 11:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
lordyugo:

d only contribution ur region brings to naija is religious fanaticism as a result of imbedded poverty nd illiteracy nd harmattan. So stop being a re.tarded clown on social media
I thank God what I said really pained you
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by amazingspiderma: 11:28pm On Nov 26, 2016
malton:
In "Why Nations Fail", Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson opined that:

States do not fail overnight. The seeds of their destruction are sown deep within their political institutions.

This holds true for Nigeria.

We, as a people, have been utterly unable to take advantage of our society’s huge potential for growth in spite of the numbers.

Our failure, like they alleged, is by design. This too, is true.

I will not stand here and pretend as if the Igbos will be less of a loss to Nigeria than say, the Yorubas, or even the oil rich Delta.

Truth is, those people have contributed to the growth of Nigeria in their own way. They are incredible!

But, we've let the politics separate us; allowed our differences to define us; and have allowed others tell our story for us.

In a nation as diverse as Nigeria, carrying everyone along is important. Unless we tell our leaders the truth, they will continue to come between. After all, the only language they understand is divide and rule.

We've fought battles we shouldn't have. We've won battles but watched others share the spoils.

The average Nigerian lives everyday believing that his next door neighbor is his problem. How untrue that is. We may insult the Igbos all we want - I do that a lot - for fun, actually - but, the truth remains - they are the piece that complete this puzzle.

Stupidity is when Mr. A will want you to believe that Mr. C is your problem... But, be doesn't see any wrong in reaching across to that same person he condemns. Some even go as far as marrying their offspring(s) off to their (your) supposed enemies.

Mr. Rochas, being a majority isn't any consolation. You should channel all that vigor into advising Mr. President on the right thing to do. Our leaders have failed because we have been sycophantic for far too long.

If you want them in Nigeria so badly, you've got to prove to them that they are highly valued, like the rest of the society.

I wouldn't advice my sister to continue in an abusive marriage; for better for worse. Karyan ciwo!

The solution to them staying or not rests squarely on your shoulders (the leaders).

As someone who understands the pareto principle owing to my privileged economics background, I believe that the 5% comment has to be the most reckless, divisive, and belittling sentence that I've heard a president (someone who ironically, should have been a unifying force instead) make.

My brother, the most painful part is that some people especially our leaders don't read, which is why they have no objective opinion and solution. When have we ever heard our leaders qoute resource material?
It even pains me more that despite the fact that this book's PDF copy is free on the internet. I still wonder what the leadership and followers of Nigeria do with their mb subscription.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
Braingold:
Any Igbo man that supports this Hausa man called Rochas is blind.
Rochas is a confirmed aboki.
what a sell out
STFU! Are you the one to tell us the identity of Rochas Okorocha. Forget about the politics of APC and PDP, Rochas is a confirm nwafor. A true son of the soil and not the nonsense being spread around by enemies.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by MiyattiAllah: 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
humilitypays:
It is only illiterates that think and believe freedom means vacating from every other region to go back to your home!

Jews fought for freedom to have their own independent state, and they finally got it (Israel) in 1950s, but guess what

Total Jewish population is around 15million, and out of that population, ‎around 6 million jews live in Israel, while 5.7 million or more live in United States of America, and the remaining jews are scattered all over the world, from Middle East to Europe.

Despite the fact that American economy is one of the best, most flourishing and favorable in the world, many Americans are living in Europe, Middle East, Australia, Asia and even Africa!

Does that make Americans useless No! It's human nature! Nobody can stop migration and emigration!

Only ancient, non-progressive people remain in their land forever!

A traveler is wiser than a gray haired person!

The more you travel, the more you see and the wiser and stronger you become in life!

If you want to rule the world, then you must be ready to explore other lands and to build and develop those lands too!

Igbos understand this principle of life!

If Europeans had remained in their enclave, I am sure they wouldn't have been the world power and the leader in everything in today's life!

Their traveling and co-habiting with every‎ race in the world led to their greatness, led to the discovery of many nations and islands, led to the global civilization and development you see all over the world today!

So even if Igbos get Biafra tomorrow, it doesn't stop Igbos from coming to live and do business in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ogun, Plateau, Taraba, Oyo, etc. The only difference is that when they are coming, they will need to get a visa/residence permit just as every other nation's citizens needs to live in another country they wish to reside.

So you kids should stop thinking like we are in the 1600s‎
All this long grammar na to tel me u can have your biafra while you are living in our lands.
Really Flat way of thinking.

It's possible if our Cows can the same rights you have in Anambra or Enugu
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 11:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
MeAboki:

Who is talking about touching you lot?
We will simply close all our borders and happily toss most of your ppl who are economic refugees out - just like how Donald Trump will soon expel all your blodas out of Amelica.

grin grin....

i like northerners.. grin..

the ipobians could never convince me to hate the northerners...

chai...i like them toooo much,,walahi...chikena... grin grin..

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by waternogetenemy: 11:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
Victorvexz:

Yoruba is the second largest ethnic group in Benin republic with a population of 3 million, recognized by their government, but u don't see Yoruba claiming them or including them in their Oduduwa republic agitation. Why can't u igbos do the same and stay on ur own and stop dragging people in the south south simply because they speak a certain Igbo dialect. It simply means u people are nothing without the south south and their Oil.

We are igbos, the matter being discussed is an igbo matter, wat is our business with ur ethnic group and where they are located, if that is wat u people want then fine.

Igbos want all igbo groups and igboid group in Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by MiyattiAllah: 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
amybas:
well, it ought to be talk more of instead of talkless of, olodo aboki
I can give you a heart attack if you are reading my comments. It's not healthy for small boyz like you.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 11:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
waternogetenemy:

We are igbos, the matter being discussed is an igbo matter, wat is our business with ur ethnic group and way they are located, if that is wat u people want then fine.

Igbos want all igbo groups and igboid group in Biafra.

igbo is nigeria..nigeria is igbo...

give up..

we like ourselves toooo much in a crazy bizarr way...

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by waternogetenemy: 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
darkerthandark:

igbo is nigeria..nigeria is igbo...

give up..

we like ourselves toooo much in a crazy bizarr way...

True but igbos are tired of being the fool. who wants to volunteer to be the fool whilst we gather for a change?

Nobody? As we speak, Yoruba and Hausa are already on a cold war over the fruits of Nigeria.

NigerDelta have nothing to show for all the money that came out of their land.

If NigerDelta fail to close ranks with igbos as we have done with dem, thinking we will leave any of our igbo people behind, den they have another thing coming becos that will never happen. Rivers and Delta are off their NigerDelta Republic, Cross River and Akwa Ibom too.

Igbos will form a country with all igbo both SS/SE and Igboid groups, the rest can piss off.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by dragonking3: 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:
The five south east state can leave nigeria if they want, nobody cares as long no single south south soil is included.

I know IPOD frauds would soon come and attack me with thier usual boring following lines:

1. Who are you to speak for entire South South or Niger Delta. My question to them who are IPOB to even speak for the entire south east.

2. There is no word like South South in Geography. My answer to them, words are created by man and nations. Nigeria have created the word South South and it has come to stay. Deal with it. The word South South is also used by the United Nation. U can google to get educated.The word google,facebook,IPAD were created in our lifetime.

3. You yoruba and Afonja. My answer to them: i am a full blooded Niger Deltan like Amadi Elechi, Anthony Enahoro, Ken Saro Wiwa, Isaac Adoko Boro , Ateke Tom, Ayiri etc who rejects Biafra. If you dont believe, u can go hug toilet!

4.They will not leave any Igbo thribe in south south behind when they break away. My answer to them: We dont have Igbo in South South. What we have in south south is distinct independent ethnic nationalities like Kwale, igbanke, ikwerre, Anioma, Etc. Cubans are not Mexicans,Texans are not Mexicans, Portuguese are not spanish even though they share border, history and language similarities.

5.We dont want South South because of oil. You can say dat to a one year old infant. There is low oil price today, all the south east states are currently facing strong recession.

6. Your Divide and Rule wont work. My answer to IPOB is that they are the king of Divide and rule. Whenever a Niger Deltan speak on Niger Delta issue, IPOB fraud are quick to tell you how Ijaw cant speak for Urhobo, how edo cant speak for Isoko and Itsekiri cant speak for ndokwa etc. IPOB always want to tell us Niger Deltans how diverse and different we are while downplaying our strong simililarities and history so dat they can easily annex us as small insignificant groups.

7. There will be a Referedum where South south will have to chose between Nigeria and Biafra. This is d most deluded statement of IPOB which can only happen in thier wet dreams. If there will be referedum in Nigeria it can never be two choice but multiple choices. The choice will and must include: Niger Delta Republic, Nigeria , Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa. Niger Delta Republic is our preferred choice.

Well said.. One carton of origin for you

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by wristbangle: 11:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
Just look at these frustrated IPOB youths ranting useless comments on this thread since. Okorocha has spoken the bitter truth about their senseless secession but what do you expect from them; their usual ranting, wailing, crying and defecating barbaric words.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by waternogetenemy: 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
wristbangle:
Just look at these frustrated IPOB youths ranting useless comments on this thread since. Okorocha has spoken the bitter truth about their senseless secession but what do you expect from them; their usual ranting, wailing, crying and defecating barbaric words.

who u epp? U think we dont love Nigeria?

The real question here is does Nigeria love us?
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by aimuan(m): 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
malton:
In "Why Nations Fail", Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson opined that:

States do not fail overnight. The seeds of their destruction are sown deep within their political institutions.

This holds true for Nigeria.

We, as a people, have been utterly unable to take advantage of our society’s huge potential for growth in spite of the numbers.

Our failure, like they alleged, is by design. This too, is true.

I will not stand here and pretend as if the Igbos will be less of a loss to Nigeria than say, the Yorubas, or even the oil rich Delta.

Truth is, those people have contributed to the growth of Nigeria in their own way. They are incredible!

But, we've let the politics separate us; allowed our differences to define us; and have allowed others tell our story for us.

In a nation as diverse as Nigeria, carrying everyone along is important. Unless we tell our leaders the truth, they will continue to come between. After all, the only language they understand is divide and rule.

We've fought battles we shouldn't have. We've won battles but watched others share the spoils.

The average Nigerian lives everyday believing that his next door neighbor is his problem. How untrue that is. We may insult the Igbos all we want - I do that a lot - for fun, actually - but, the truth remains - they are the piece that complete this puzzle.

Stupidity is when Mr. A will want you to believe that Mr. C is your problem... But, be doesn't see any wrong in reaching across to that same person he condemns. Some even go as far as marrying their offspring(s) off to their (your) supposed enemies.

Mr. Rochas, being a majority isn't any consolation. You should channel all that vigor into advising Mr. President on the right thing to do. Our leaders have failed because we have been sycophantic for far too long.

If you want them in Nigeria so badly, you've got to prove to them that they are highly valued, like the rest of the society.

I wouldn't advice my sister to continue in an abusive marriage; for better for worse. Karyan ciwo!

The solution to them staying or not rests squarely on your shoulders (the leaders).

As someone who understands the pareto principle owing to my privileged economics background, I believe that the 5% comment has to be the most reckless, divisive, and belittling sentence that I've heard a president (someone who ironically, should have been a unifying force instead) make.
I am very sure I will not be wrong to refer to u as the most educated naitalander.jah bless u for ur comment.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by wristbangle: 11:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
Alariwo2:

And so?

they are everywhere but can't obey the laws of their hosts.. always looking for ways to dominate

Oba of Lagos and Deji's cane in Akure is still fresh

Oba of Lagos - Lagoon drowning cheesy

Deji of Akure - 72 strokes of cane grin

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by absool(m): 11:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
MiyattiAllah:
We all know They can't Leave because the have nowhere to go.
They can't even leave Maiduguri or Kano talkless of their Heaven (LAGOS).
the day igbos leave lagos that would b the end of 'HEAVEN' lagos
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by wristbangle: 11:56pm On Nov 26, 2016
waternogetenemy:

who u epp? U think we dont love Nigeria?

The real question here is does Nigeria love us?

If you want to know this, let's meet in a foreign land and you will know how much we love each other. I love every ethnic groups in this country.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by absool(m): 11:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
This is democracy any group that want to leave a country can leave without fighting war but just by vote
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by 989900D: 12:01am On Nov 27, 2016
Bar Dora and a few, what is there to appreciate about corrupt, opportunistic, and shameless con mof0s. #notmyleader

BTW, "Biafrans are Nigerians . . ." that was well coined.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 12:05am On Nov 27, 2016
waternogetenemy:

True but igbos are tired of being the fool. who wants to volunteer to be the fool whilst we gather for a change?

Nobody? As we speak, Yoruba and Hausa are already on a cold war over the fruits of Nigeria.

NigerDelta have nothing to show for all the money that came out of their land.

If NigerDelta fail to close ranks with igbos as we have done with dem, thinking we will leave any of our igbo people behind, den they have another thing coming becos that will never happen. Rivers and Delta are off their NigerDelta Republic, Cross River and Akwa Ibom too.

Igbos will form a country with all igbo both SS/SE and Igboid groups, the rest can piss off.

let that be the problem of the naija delta elders..

none of your business..

face front!..

nobody sendt kanu!!..
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by wristbangle: 12:06am On Nov 27, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Its not just an igbo man, an igbo woman too. I am suspecting they possess leadership traits embedded in their genes.

By and by you are correct somehow but i am not sure about SW attracting investors, maybe you meant Lagos

If you Google the state with most industries in Nigeria, you will discover its Ogun State. More upcoming companies to be owned by Indigenes and Foreigners is on the move.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 27, 2016
This thread is an evidence of the fact the average Nigerian hates and loathe the Igbos. Including the so called Niger Deltans. A statement that was made by an Igbo leader is now a merging ground for them haters to spew what lies in their bottom.

The question that keeps knocking my head is, what the fucck is an Igbo man doing down North and West? Is it not time to start repatriating back home? Or are they not aware of the hate that is oozing out from this forum and other social network? Do you have to loose your head before you get sense?

Every sensible Igbo should start coming back home, whether you're in the North or West. Those nigars don’t like you. The time is moving fast...
The average Nigerina sees the Igboman as his problem…. What a fuccking sick country. The lazy asses will never change. They will keep hating, so the best is vacate their enclave and come back home. There are other countries you can explore... but leave those region that never appreciates you for who you are, but keep hating. Fuvcking come back home. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 27, 2016
I love Igbo scarra but I sometimes wonder if Nigeria was doing well, everyone was successful, work was good, money was good economy thriving and people were happy, would there still be talks of wanting Biafra?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by london4luv: 12:13am On Nov 27, 2016
Okorocha may ur days be numbered... May u die a shameful death, may vulture devour ur body. May u rotten while still alive, may GOD curse u and ur house hold... May ur people share ur valuables as soon as ur smelling body is lowered to the grave,,, may GOD never 4give u ur sins
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 12:15am On Nov 27, 2016
wristbangle:

and dont forget,,,most of them are abroad.....
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by wristbangle: 12:16am On Nov 27, 2016
Adanna86:
I love Igbo scarra but I sometimes wonder if Nigeria was doing well, everyone was successful, work was good, money was good economy thriving and people were happy, would there still be talks of wanting Biafra?

Nope. My prayer for this beloved country is for things to take shape in terms of economy, wealth and others. Most of this secession act are spoon out of strife, hatred and chronic envy

darkerthandark:

and dont forget,,,most of them are abroad.....

Na so bros mi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by lawani: 12:17am On Nov 27, 2016
MiyattiAllah:

All this long grammar na to tel me u can have your biafra while you are living in our lands.
Really Flat way of thinking.

It's possible if our Cows can the same rights you have in Anambra or Enugu

Stop being childish! Hausas are all over the world too! Are Igbos more spread than Hausas? You find Hausas all over West Africa and in Saudi Arabia etc. You can not ask anybody to leave! This is ECOWAS. Anyone that tries such will lose out! Only inept governments do that. Population is market and market is money!

Let this be the last time you make such a foolish statement please. Be serious!.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 27, 2016
wristbangle:

Nope. My prayer for this beloved country is for things to take shape in terms of economy, wealth and others. Most of this secession act are spoon out of hunger, strife, hatred and frustration

Na so bros mi
Dude you get it all wrong. The quest is not borne out of hunger nor frustration, but the hate the keeps emanating from the Nigerian populace. The record is there for you to peruse.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 12:20am On Nov 27, 2016
blues2022:
This thread is an evidence of the fact the average Nigerian hates and loathe the Igbos. Including the so called Niger Deltans. A statement that was made by an Igbo leader is now a merging ground for them haters to spew what lies in their bottom.

The question that keeps knocking my head is, what the fucck is an Igbo man doing down North and West? Is it not time to start repatriating back home? Or are they not aware of the hate that is oozing out from this forum and other social network? Do you have to loose your head before you get sense?

Every sensible Igbo should start coming back home, whether you're in the North or West. Those nigars don’t like you. The time is moving fast...
The average Nigerina sees the Igboman as his problem…. What a fuccking sick country. The lazy asses will never change. They will keep hating, so the best is vacate their enclave and come back home. There are other countries you can explore... but leave those region that never appreciates you for who you are, but keep hating. Fuvcking come back home. angry

uhhh.. cry..cry us a new river naija...

we could nead a new wan,after your igbo brethren in the delta poisoned the one we have... cry cry cry cry..

neeeeeeexxxxxxtttttt...!... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 27, 2016
wristbangle:

Nope. My prayer for this beloved country is for things to take shape in terms of economy, wealth and others. Most of this secession act are spoon out of hunger, strife, hatred and frustration

Na so bros mi

cry cry I've asked a few of my Igbo nwannas that question n got a lot of mixed reviews, but yeah the dire state Nigeria in plays a major factor.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 27, 2016
darkerthandark:

uhhh.. cry..cry us a new river naija...

we could nead a new wan,after your igbo brethren in the delta poisoned the one we have... cry cry cry cry..

neeeeeeexxxxxxtttttt...!... grin
Niga, don't you ever quote me if you don't have anything sensible to say, mutherfucker.... You're an Uhrobho man, so you don't know what it means to be Igbo in a hate-filled tribal jingoist country. A country that may never get it right because of their extreme ethnocentric views and ideology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau Is Now Crippled - Ex-Boko Haram Intelligence Chief / Sanwo-olu Meets Pastor Chris Oyakhilome; Singers Tony Tetuila, Azzadus (photos) / Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.