Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

"Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha (43088 Views)

2019: Tinubu Cannot Leave APC. See Why / OPINION: This Is Why Igbos Cannot Leave Nigeria / Igbo's Cannot Leave The North Because Of Their Numerous Investments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

If by saying many thanks to Gowon because he fought and killed Igbos in the civil war, then I will say you're evil and heartless! Gosh! I'm just feeling pity for the man that will make the mistake... It is better he remains single.

go tell the hausas that..

after you killed their leaders you were boosting around..

those that care to read,know that fact....

he was from the delta you always defend yourself..

was he not something like a delta-igbos that is bombing the creeks as militants today??..

you can not fool us..

those that take their time to read,know!!!!...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by bengems(m): 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
ezeagu:
Hypocrisy is berating Okorocha and hailing Orji Uzor Kalu.

I pity some Igbo people.

Okorocha is not an Igbo, he's an Ab0ki hybrid

2 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by humilitypays(m): 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
...and don't doubt anyone that tells you that Igbos are a majority tribe in Nigeria because:

1. Igbos entirely occupied 5 states!

People mistake Hausa tribe as a combination of: Fulani, Tiv, Biron, Idoma, Kanuri, Nupe, etc, not knowing that these are all independent tribes united by one dialect - Hausa after Usman Danfodio conquered north!

If you split the northern region into their unique tribes, you will discover that most northern tribes are minority in number when compared to Yoruba and Igbo tribes!

In Nigeria, the most majority tribe is Yoruba, followed by Igbo!

Hausa, Fulani, Nupe, Kanuri, Tiv, Biron, Idoma, etc are all minority tribes answering one tribal name- Hausa!

So don't doubt anyone telling you that Igbo is a majority tribe in Nigeria!

If not for Niger Delta people and their mentality of standing alone due to crude oil, they ought to be called - Igbo just as the whole north is seen as Hausa/Fulani!

And I am sure it was the northern/Yoruba political‎ elites that brought the divide and rule between Igbos and Niger Delta just as US did in former USSR that's now split into: Russia, Ukraine, Cremea, Uzbekistan, etc, which they have been trying to repeat in China!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by dreamwords: 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by mistyebby(f): 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2016
MiyattiAllah:
We all know They can't Leave because the have nowhere to go.
They can't even leave Maiduguri or Kano talkless of their Heaven (LAGOS).

Who be this? If you say we don't have where to go, it means your people are scavengers.

My brother I'm inviting you to south east this Christmas. I bet you will wish you were Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Emassive(m): 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
Bros, All must not be too well with you now but after I smash your face, You brain go reset to normal. I will take Either NDR or Biafra over any other listed nation so don't speak nonsense there.

tuale4u:
The five south east state can leave nigeria if they want, nobody cares as long no single south south soil is included.

I know IPOD frauds would soon come and attack me with thier usual boring following lines:

1. Who are you to speak for entire South South or Niger Delta. My question to them who are IPOB to even speak for the entire south east.

2. There is no word like South South in Geography. My answer to them, words are created by man and nations. Nigeria have created the word South South and it has come to stay. Deal with it. The word South South is also used by the United Nation. U can google to get educated.The word google,facebook,IPAD were created in our lifetime.

3. You yoruba and Afonja. My answer to them: i am a full blooded Niger Deltan like Amadi Elechi, Anthony Enahoro, Ken Saro Wiwa, Isaac Adoko Boro , Ateke Tom, Ayiri etc who rejects Biafra. If you dont believe, u can go hug toilet!

4.They will not leave any Igbo thribe in south south behind when they break away. My answer to them: We dont have Igbo in South South. What we have in south south is distinct independent ethnic nationalities like Kwale, igbanke, ikwerre, Anioma, Etc. Cubans are not Mexicans,Texans are not Mexicans, Portuguese are not spanish even though they share border, history and language similarities.

5.We dont want South South because of oil. You can say dat to a one year old infant. There is low oil price today, all the south east states are currently facing strong recession.

6. Your Divide and Rule wont work. My answer to IPOB is that they are the king of Divide and rule. Whenever a Niger Deltan speak on Niger Delta issue, IPOB fraud are quick to tell you how Ijaw cant speak for Urhobo, how edo cant speak for Isoko and Itsekiri cant speak for ndokwa etc. IPOB always want to tell us Niger Deltans how diverse and different we are while downplaying our strong simililarities and history so dat they can easily annex us as small insignificant groups.

7. There will be a Referedum where South south will have to chose between Nigeria and Biafra. This is d most deluded statement of IPOB which can only happen in thier wet dreams. If there will be referedum in Nigeria it can never be two choice but multiple choices. The choice will and must include: Niger Delta Republic, Nigeria , Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa. Biafra will never be our choice.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by lawani: 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
If there are only 2 people living in Lagos, do you think Lagos will be able to do the 40 billion naira monthly revenue it presently does? BREAKUP DOES NOT MEAN YOU PACK FROM EVERYWHERE AND GO! THERE ARE MANY YORUBA AND HAUSA MILLIONAIRES IN THE EAST! There are Yoruba scattered all over the world as well as Igbos! Think of the benefits of breakup, dont be a stumbling block to progress! What are you gaining as Nigeria is one that you would lose if Nigeria breaks up? Breakup means you control your land, your economy, your markets, your GDP will rise, you will have embassies, multinational headquarters and etc. You stand to gain a lot as Igbos! You better use your common sense!.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
trishapal:
They used to be the majority, but many thanks to Gowon

Onuku you believe 2-3 million affected the Igbo population. You need prayers.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by yoribo: 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
ezeagu:
Hypocrisy is berating Okorocha and hailing Orji Uzor Kalu[size=28pt] Rochad don't warry God will fight for Igbos, you have done so badly to ndi-Igbos, y do u support the detention of Nnamdi
All igbos are waiting for you. God said let my people go. Now what was your contribution as an Igbo man in the nigerian constitution noghting .and u want us to be slaves abi, no warry. I know you are one of the pharoahs of Igbo land. The gods of the land will soon speek

There is no way in the country called Nigeria. An adage says if you are going in a wrong way turn back, if not no progress and u can't reach your destination. Nigeria has been in wrong way since independace and refused to turn back. So should we fall inside pit as Nigeria refused to make progress. You pulled down the government of GEJ what have done to IMO state since you are in Apc
.[/siz.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by caracas: 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:
The five south east state can leave nigeria if they want, nobody cares as long no single south south soil is included.

I know IPOD frauds would soon come and attack me with thier usual boring following lines:

1. Who are you to speak for entire South South or Niger Delta. My question to them who are IPOB to even speak for the entire south east.

2. There is no word like South South in Geography. My answer to them, words are created by man and nations. Nigeria have created the word South South and it has come to stay. Deal with it. The word South South is also used by the United Nation. U can google to get educated.The word google,facebook,IPAD were created in our lifetime.

3. You yoruba and Afonja. My answer to them: i am a full blooded Niger Deltan like Amadi Elechi, Anthony Enahoro, Ken Saro Wiwa, Isaac Adoko Boro , Ateke Tom, Ayiri etc who rejects Biafra. If you dont believe, u can go hug toilet!

4.They will not leave any Igbo thribe in south south behind when they break away. My answer to them: We dont have Igbo in South South. What we have in south south is distinct independent ethnic nationalities like Kwale, igbanke, ikwerre, Anioma, Etc. Cubans are not Mexicans,Texans are not Mexicans, Portuguese are not spanish even though they share border, history and language similarities.

5.We dont want South South because of oil. You can say dat to a one year old infant. There is low oil price today, all the south east states are currently facing strong recession.

6. Your Divide and Rule wont work. My answer to IPOB is that they are the king of Divide and rule. Whenever a Niger Deltan speak on Niger Delta issue, IPOB fraud are quick to tell you how Ijaw cant speak for Urhobo, how edo cant speak for Isoko and Itsekiri cant speak for ndokwa etc. IPOB always want to tell us Niger Deltans how diverse and different we are while downplaying our strong simililarities and history so dat they can easily annex us as small insignificant groups.

7. There will be a Referedum where South south will have to chose between Nigeria and Biafra. This is d most deluded statement of IPOB which can only happen in thier wet dreams. If there will be referedum in Nigeria it can never be two choice but multiple choices. The choice will and must include: Niger Delta Republic, Nigeria , Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa. Biafra will never be our choice.

We know Your type but the good thing is u n ur fellow lost souls are very few n So therefore very insignificant negligible n should be completely ignored.

2 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by mightyhazel: 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
humilitypays:
It is only illiterates that think and believe freedom means vacating from every other region to go back to your home!

Jews fought for freedom to have their own independent state, and they finally got it (Israel) in 1950s, but guess what

Total Jewish population is around 15million, and out of that population, ‎around 6 million jews live in Israel, while 5.7 million or more live in United States of America, and the remaining jews are scattered all over the world, from Middle East to Europe.

Despite the fact that American economy is one of the best, most flourishing and favorable in the world, many Americans are living in Europe, Middle East, Australia, Asia and even Africa!

Does that make Americans useless No! It's human nature! Nobody can stop migration and emigration!

Only ancient, non-progressive people remain in their land forever!

A traveler is wiser than a gray haired person!

The more you travel, the more you see and the wiser and stronger you become in life!

If you want to rule the world, then you must be ready to explore other lands and to build and develop those lands too!

Igbos understand this principle of life!

If Europeans had remained in their enclave, I am sure they wouldn't have been the world power and the leader in everything in today's life!

Their traveling and co-habiting with every‎ race in the world led to their greatness, led to the discovery of many nations and islands, led to the global civilization and development you see all over the world today!

So even if Igbos get Biafra tomorrow, it doesn't stop Igbos from coming to live and do business in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ogun, Plateau, Taraba, Oyo, etc. The only difference is that when they are coming, they will need to get a visa/residence permit just as every other nation's citizens needs to live in another country they wish to reside.

So you kids should stop thinking like we are in the 1600s‎
excellent submission!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by dreamwords: 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2016
Victorvexz:

Yoruba is the second largest ethnic group in Benin republic with a population of 3 million, recognized by their government, but u don't see Yoruba claiming them or including them in their Oduduwa republic agitation. Why can't u igbos do the same and stay on ur own and stop dragging people in the south south simply because they speak a certain Igbo dialect. It simply means u people are nothing without the south south and their Oil.
So igbos of south east should leave igbos of south south because a Northerner created a region called south south after the war,, you yorubas self, I don't know what is ur problem, well I thank God it's only on nairaland I hear this,,
Igbo is igbo ,every igbo locality has their unique dialect
U speak for yorubas, u speak for calabars u speak for igbos, na only u waka come?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 10:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
humilitypays:
...and don't doubt anyone that tells you that Igbos are a majority tribe in Nigeria because:

People mistake Hausa tribe as a combination of: Fulani, Tiv, Biron, Idoma, Kanuri, Nupe, etc, not knowing that these are all independent tribes united by one dialect - Hausa after Usman Danfodio conquered north!

If you split the northern region into their unique tribes, you will discover that most northern tribes are minority in number when compared to Yoruba and Igbo tribes!

Hausa, Fulani, Nupe, Kanuri, Tiv, Biron, Idoma, etc are all minority tribes answering one tribal name- Hausa!

If not for Niger Delta people and their mentality of standing alone due to crude oil, they ought to be called - Igbo just as the whole north is seen as Hausa/Fulani!

And I am sure it was the northern/Yoruba political‎ elites that brought the divide and rule between Igbos and Niger Delta just as US did in former USSR that's now split into: Russia, Ukraine, Cremea, Uzbekistan, etc, which they have been trying to repeat in China!

nobody planned anything..

our leaders even tried to give each tribe their space..
without making nigeria too regional..
(even the map that ojukwu claimed as biafra was created by the nigerian goverment)..read yor history!..

we couldnt get along so well...

but all sighned in constitution in 1960..

you must listen to your elders that sighned the nigerian constitution in 1960...

anything else is mambo jambo...
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by AkinPhysicist: 10:41pm On Nov 26, 2016
cool grin grin grin grin grin OkoroHausa: Yorubas are the majority tribe in Nigeria NOT Igbos. Get that into your thick skull grin grin grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by tobiasbeecher: 10:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
darkerthandark:

go tell the hausas that..

after you killed their leaders you were boosting around..

those that care to read,know that fact....

he was from the delta you always defend yourself..

was he not something like a delta-igbos that is bombing the creeks as militants today??..

you can not fool us..

those that take their time to read,know!!!!...
Can you even understand the rubbish you wrote here? You can't even write coherently so how can you read?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Can you even understand the rubbish you wrote here? You can't even write coherently so how can you read?

you can not confront me like this..

i read history with a passion...

all histories!,.......not only nigerias....
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by humilitypays(m): 10:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
darkerthandark:

nobody planned anything..

our leaders even tried to give each tribe their space..

we couldnt get along so well...

but all sighned in constitution in 1960..

you must listen to your elders that sighned the nigerian constitution in 1960...

anything else is mambo jambo...
Some Russian, Ukrainian, etc elders also signed USSR constitution in 1922 before the younger generation decided to split it in 1991 into so many other nations!

North and South Korea used to be one too before they split.

Even in United Kingdom, Scotland and other regions are fighting for freedom!

In Spain, the Katalans want freedom too!

Sudan used to be one before but now North and South Sudan!

Everyday I pray for crude oil to be discovered in the north in large quantity so that they can happily demand for divide of Nigeria, because I know the only reason northerners and Yorubas want Nigeria to remain one is because of crude oil!

I pray both Yoruba and north discover more crude oil in their lands so that Nigeria can peacefully divide into as many regions that desire to be free without war or bloodshed!

The Nigerian cause isn't working and I don't see it working, not when a Yoruba sees Igbo as his/her worst enemy that deserve to die! Not when a northerner see an Igbo as an infidel that doesn't want to stay in his Igbo land and not come to north to disturb him!

With all these hatred and political discrimination in Nigeria, Nigeria will never be great! We are wasting our time, no leader will change Nigeria with how hatred has taken over Nigeria!

The best medicine for Nigeria now is peaceful disintegration without war!

We can do it! You northerners and southwesterners should not worry, crude oil will be discovered in your regions in large quantity soonest so u can have peace of mind and agree for Igbos to go!‎

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:

IPOB always say there will be a Referedum where South south will have to chose between Nigeria and Biafra. This is d most deluded statement of IPOB which can only happen in thier wet dreams. If there will be referedum in Nigeria it can never be two choice. The choice will and must include: Niger Delta Republic, Nigeria , Biafra, Oduduwa. Biafra will never be our choice.

My teacher taught me that one person's possessive pronoun is "My" and can never be "OUR"

Let the voice of people be the voice of God, not your voice!

Vox populi Vox Dei

2 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
humilitypays:
Some Russian, Ukrainian, etc elders also signed USSR constitution in 1922 before the younger generation decided to split it in 1991 into so many other nations!

North and South Korea used to be one too before they split.

Even in United Kingdom, Scotland and other regions are fighting for freedom!

In Spain, the Katalans want freedom too!

Sudan used to be one before but now North and South Sudan!

Everyday I pray for crude oil to be discovered in the north in large quantity so that they can happily demand for divide of Nigeria, because I know the only reason northerners and Yorubas want Nigeria to remain one is because of crude oil!

I pray both Yoruba and north discover more crude oil in their lands so that Nigeria can peacefully divide into as many regions that desire to be free without war or bloodshed!

The Nigerian cause isn't working and I don't see it working, not when a Yoruba sees Igbo as his/her worst enemy that deserve to die! Not when a northerner see an Igbo as an infidel that doesn't want to stay in his Igbo land and not come to north to disturb him!

With all these hatred and political discrimination in Nigeria, Nigeria will never be great! We are wasting our time, no leader will change Nigeria with how hatred has taken over Nigeria!

The best medicine for Nigeria now is peaceful disintegration without war!

We can do it! You northerners and southwesterners should not worry, crude oil will be discovered in your regions in large quantity soonest so u can have peace of mind and agree for Igbos to go!‎

i dont do this..

first tell me which tribe you are to cancel tribalism in our discussions..

i am urhobo..

i dont read more than two lines on nairaland..
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by tobiasbeecher: 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
darkerthandark:

you can not confront me like this..

i read history with a passion...

all histories!,.......not only nigerias....
Mr man go and sleep, you are an acient man
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by darkerthandark: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Mr man go and sleep, you are an acient man

yea...

join the darkside..take the dark pill..
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by nell2: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:

for your mind you have made a point. good riddance to bad rubbish. do you think igbos are parasitic in nature. swerve jooor

2 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
Girlbestfriend:
Mehn see hateful comments

But on a serious note, the Igbo's that keeps giving Nigerians bad name/Image(with there drug related issues) wanna leave Nigeria for WHO?

in shot we should be the one leaving Nigeria for them,

who wants to be associated with a drug country self.

Meticulously looking for your sensible contribution.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by nell2: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2016
Alariwo2:

being overly ambitious is wrong..
trying to outshine people you meet in a particular place or let's say those who took you in and also wanting to lord over them is very wrong
chaiii see reasoning. wasted sparmatozooa

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Girlbestfriend(f): 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
iSlayer2:

Meticulously looking for your sensible contribution.

Take several seat bro.

bittered set

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by ever811(m): 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
nwabobo:

Be rest assured that we'd not leave any Igbo speaking part of Nigeria behind.
so Yoruba and Hausa,should include Benin republic and Ghana into there country abi?..you no get sense
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by MeAboki(m): 11:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
darkerthandark:

northerners shouldnt dare touch the biafrans..

we will not let it rest this time.. angry

biafra is nigeria..

period...

Who is talking about touching you lot?
We will simply close all our borders and happily toss most of your ppl who are economic refugees out - just like how Donald Trump will soon expel all your blodas out of Amelica.

2 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
Girlbestfriend:

Take several seat bro.

bittered set
Smh. Still nothing.
Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by NevetsIbot(m): 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
Alariwo2:

And so?

they are everywhere but can't obey the laws of their hosts.. always looking for ways to dominate

Oba of Lagos and Deji's cane in Akure is still fresh
I tell you alariwo. I'm tired of these igbos. They walk into your house without knocking

They try to borrow salt,ororo,maggi,onion,blender,stove.. Anything.

They can be very dirty nd wonlt ckean up the compound.

They're too loud and domineering. Extra stubborn

2 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by caesaraba(m): 11:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
humilitypays:

You my friend, are a waste of sper'm. Imagine calling Tivs, Idomas et al Hausas. It shows you are one of those who haven't traveled beyond 9th Mile. Anyway, thank God you are on nairaland, a place were idiots reign supreme. YOUR IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE.

4 Likes

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by pchukwudi: 11:12pm On Nov 26, 2016
[size=18pt]
Anioma, Biafra and fake opinion purveyors: a response[/size]

By OsitaBy Osita Mordi

1. In the Vanguard Newspapers of March 3. 2016, one Ben Etaghene, self-appointed himself as the spokesperson of the Anioma people, declaring in the papers that “Anioma is not Biafra”. While I understand that as a Deltan, he has some stake in Anioma just as I have some stake in his Okpe-Urhobo homeland, the point is that issues like this remains out of bound for us. I have no interest in his Okpe-Urhobo homeland if it decides tomorrow to ask the federal government to give it rights to self determination. It however becomes suspicious when these people who are not of Anioma origin delving into matters like this. Just today, a Bini from Edo State, Paul Osuyi has towed on the same logic like Ben Etaghene. One begins to wonder what is responsible for the obsession by these people. They should not be the ones to tell our stories for us. What these “writers” have done is that they are gradually telling the world that they have issues

2. Now this is my take on the said “map”. If anyone goes through the report by Paul Osuyi, you will notice that he started by dismissing the inclusion of the Anioma in the map. He went further to suggest in his report that since Anioma was never a part of the Eastern region, it should not be a part of Biafra. Now, in the same report, he removed the states of Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River which were all in the old Eastern region from the same “Biafra”. His reason is not far fetched, those are “non-Igbo speaking states” (ignoring the fact that the six states of the “southsouth zone” have indigenous Igbo speaking communities) . Now, you will notice that he invoked the ethnic factor here as a decider. He just contradicted himself because you cannot define Biafra as the old Eastern region of Nigeria in order to separate the Anioma from their Igbo kith and kin from the Southeast, and still go on to disassemble the Southeast which you had upheld in your logic that its territorial integrity be respected in order to carve out the “minority states” from it.

Unlike Paul Osuyi, I will not contradict myself. The two factors “territorial integrity” and secondly “ethnic factor” must be respected. In International law(hence what is defined as “historical consolidation”), there was an Eastern region (which predates the Independence of Nigeria) thus any attempt to relegate that fact cannot be supported by law. Also, there is the issue of “ethnic factor” which brings the Anioma and the Ijaw people of the old Midwest and Western region into the question. They are free to identify with their ethnic brothers and their interest in this question should be respected. There had been examples all over the World throughout history. Note that the map never included Paul Osuyi’s Benin kingdom. While, there is nothing wrong to canvass separatism of the minorities from the supposed “dominance” of Igbos; there is also nothing wrong to suggest that the Anioma can freely decide whether they would join their linguistic brothers/sisters in the Southeast region. It is therefore wrong to assume that Anioma has nothing to do with Biafra or the Southeast. Far from it.

3. Sen (Dr) Ifeanyi Okowa is not from Owa-Oyibu but from Owa-Alero. This should be noted. I agree with what Ogbueshi Paul Oliko said when he claimed Anioma was part of the then “Republic of Benin”. But the said Republic of Benin was a client state of the Republic of Biafra. Anyone can go and compare the maps of the two states. However, Nwawor was not in charge of the client state but it was Albert Okonkwo. The reality of a “Republic of Benin” being a client state of Biafra must have angered the proud Edo people who did not trust the intentions of the “occupiers” and mistrusted the Anioma people leading to subsequent massacre of over 1,000 Anioma residents in Benin City by federal troops in connivance with Paul Osuyi’s Bini people. The atrocities were well documented. You will notice that he did not bother to mention that. He also did not delve into details how Ogbueshi Oliko’s father was killed and those responsible for it.

Now, let me make one point clear here, the Niger had never been the natural boundary between the Igbo people East and West. Rivers never divide people but unites them. This is why just beyond the Niger to the east, communities with similar cultural and dialectal backgrounds with the Anioma to the west is the case. This explains why the entire Ndoni area despite being on the eastern flank of the Niger was a part and parcel of the Midwest region. Thus the Niger was never the “natural boundary” culturally, linguistically, or politically. Ndoni was lumped to Rivers State(ought to have been Imo State since they are closest to Oguta people) just in 1976, 6 years after the Civil war. If the River Benue does not separates the Tiv, North and South of the river nor the Niger did not separate the Nupe North and South of the river, why should the issue of “Niger as natural boundary” comes as a factor when it comes to the Igbo speaking people?

4. Claiming that Dr Ifeanyi Okowa dissociated himself and the Anioma people from such protests tells just a part of the story. The full story is that no politician including the ones from the Southeast such as Obiano, Okorocha etc supported the protests and dissociated the entire Igbo people from it. These are politicians elected through the institutions in Nigeria, hence they cannot condemn it. For Okowa, his primary constituency remains Delta State and it is understandable that he preached that all Deltans are one. That is the import of his statement . Based on the reason of “administrative factor” ie the former Eastern region and the “ethnic factor” covering the Anioma and Western Ijaw areas, such protests should be expected in those places. Be it Uyo, Calabar, Enugu, Asaba, Port Harcourt, Aba etc.

Paul Osuyi should only raise alarm when he suddenly wakes up one morning and he sees IPOB organizing protests in Benin City or other parts of Nigeria which is neither connected to the Southeast via administrative relationship nor by ethnic factor. Claiming that Okowa had been “weak” for not condemning the protests in Asaba is nonsense. As far as the protests are peaceful just as Chief Clement Ofuani asserted, there is absolutely no problem. It is also noteworthy that several Anioma people are tied to the IPOB either as members or are sympathetic to the movement. This is natural. Aniomas cannot be divorced from the larger Igbo group in Nigeria. This was also the case during the Biafran war, most Anioma soldiers and volunteers fought on the side of Biafra.

5. Paul Osuyi also attempted to give the impression that Biafra is just a movement by the Southeast Igbo people. That is a carryover of the lies the Nigerian State fed to Nigerians. It dates from the Civil war and it still remains the case till today. For those with selective amnesia or are just Igbo-haters, the likes of Philip Effiong who actually signed the end of hostilities or Okokon Ndem and many others who were not Igbos played prominent roles in Biafra (administrative factor). In the same vain, Aniomas were tied to it because they are Igbos and saw their existence and interests better protected in a Biafra (ethnic factor). Comparing the Yoruba people of Benin Republic with the Anioma by Ogbueshi Oliko is baseless. The Yorubas of Benin Republic did not on their own decide to leave their Nigerian brothers but it was the Europeans who did that. Invoking that sad event suggests inferiority complex. The Anioma question cannot be used as an analogy to the Beninese Yorubas. Aniomas belong to 21st century Nigeria and not the 19th century Africa defined and divided by European powers.

6. Reference to Ndi Anioma is the most ridiculous dimension to the said report and it exposes Mr Osuyi’s real intentions. When Ndi Anioma an APC mouthpiece made that “press statement”, we were quick to refute it to tell Nigerians that their “press statement” remains their own opinion and does not represent collectively the position of the Anioma people. Also, in this group, we explained why towing the line of Ikwerre people would backfire. No where in Anioma bears the tag of oil capital of Nigeria or has a seaport like the Ikwerre. Thus our land is not that strategic. I believe however that the Ikwerres should follow our lead and stopped being used against their own (Igbo speaking) people. It is also important to make it clear that Ndoni at no time followed the example set by the Ikwerres. In any case, their opinion is identical to those of Anioma or Ogbaru people of Anambra State.

7. The likes of Paul Osuyi and Ben Etaghene are advised and warned to leave Anioma people alone. No Anioma person is interested in wherever the Bini or Urhobo people decide to do with their destinies or future. It is important to repeat once again that our closest relatives are Igbos especially parts of Anambra and Imo States. We will never accept Asaba/Okpanam to be separated from Onitsha/Anam or Ndokwa East to be separated from Ogbaru/Oguta or Ubulu-Uku from Ozubulu in Anambra State. Neither do some Bini nor Urhobo people have any standing to tell us who or what to associate it. We have been good neighbours for centuries with the Edo and Urhobo as well as Ijaw, Isoko and even Igala people and we will remain good neighbours.

8. Let me emphasize that the agitation for “Biafra” originates from a perceived injustice. And many Nigerians irrespective of which region of the country they come from also share the same sentiment. The federal government should be proactive to address this issue. Sadly , Nigerians especially from parts of the Middle Belt and South do not seem to buy into this clamour which would lead to positive change and progress for the entire country. As far as they are concerned, it is the business of some “Igbo miscreants”. Or those miscreants are only interested in the oil as if the oil had actually benefited Nigerians and the oil producing areas. People should stop being petty. If reforms are instituted such as true federalism, or the tenets of the Aburi Accord is implemented, such calls for a Biafra would die naturally. Lies , dishonesty, ethnic hatred especially towards the Igbo people and divide then conquer strategy will not put to an end the activities of IPOB.

I also see no reason why Nigerians do not discuss the civil war. You cannot forget an event which had greatly shaped the destiny of the country. If others who are aggrieved from the event (because those responsible for such atrocities were not punished and some even adorn our currency notes) and are not ready to join the state-instituted amnesia, such people are on the right cause. Forgetfulness is one of the reasons Africans and Africa remains backward. We must learn from the past, never forget it and plan for a better future.

http://www.africanewscircle.com/2016/03/13/anioma-biafra-and-fake-opinion-purveyors-a-response/

[s]
tuale4u:

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by Braingold: 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
Any Igbo man that supports this Hausa man called Rochas is blind. Rochas is a confirmed aboki. what a sell out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

‘Northern Clerics Say That Buhari Was Poisoned’ - Umar Tata Writes DSS / President Buhari Receives His 1953 Classmates (Photo) / Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero, Booed At Inauguration Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.