Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,863 members, 7,956,260 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:45 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (790832 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 9:48am On May 08, 2016
Good day, mr wip, l just received my admission letter,tanks alot for your effort,l highly appreciate,but there is a little problem on the letter,l was offered admission to study architecture instead of INTERIOR architecture which was stated on the first email l sent you.
Pls sir it is INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE(ENGLISH MEDIUM) l want to study.
Pls help me to rectify this error.
Thanks alot.
Will be expecting your reply
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:04am On May 08, 2016
Sagogo99:
Good day, mr wip, l just received my admission letter,tanks alot for your effort,l highly appreciate,but there is a little problem on the letter,l was offered admission to study architecture instead of INTERIOR architecture which was stated on the first email l sent you.
Pls sir it is INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE(ENGLISH MEDIUM) l want to study.
Pls help me to rectify this error.
Thanks alot.
Will be expecting your reply

I replied you already.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:09am On May 08, 2016
Study Engineering, Nursing and Business at the British University of Nicosia with 50-75% scholarship.

For Transfer international student: Tuition is free for one year!

If its interest you, send me your application documents.

NOTE: the fees quoted is PER YEAR....means if you are admitted with 75% scholarship, you only pay 1235euro each year. Also, siblings have discounts.

Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 10:34am On May 08, 2016
Mr wip .. Forwarded your email address to my brother .. he will email you soon with his documents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:40am On May 08, 2016
elijah101:
Mr wip .. Forwarded your email address to my brother .. he will email you soon with his documents

Alright.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 5:23pm On May 10, 2016
I did my Police character report for Georgia .. Can i use the same Police character report for North Cyprus too ..
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:40pm On May 10, 2016
elijah101:
I did my Police character report for Georgia .. Can i use the same Police character report for North Cyprus too ..

North Cyprus does not need Police character.
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 7:08pm On May 10, 2016
THanks alot .. Just looked it up myself .. they dont need it ... Mr Wip .. How can one pay the Tuition fee from here .. If my bank dey Bleep up .. is there any way you can help with that
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 9:53pm On May 10, 2016
And also .. a friend of mine did gce .. and does not have statement of result or testimonial .. can he still apply for admission with the one he printed online .. he still has the scratch card .. and the scratch card is still valid
Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 9:39am On May 12, 2016
wip7:

The Equivalence statement is a document showing how your educational qualifications obtained in your home country relate to the visiting country qualifications/criteria (which is Turkey/Cyprus in this case).

Thanks wip7. So how does one go about this Equivalence Statement? Is it like an official translation of my result to the turkish language or what, as I am confused. How do students usually go about it here in Nigeria

Also, it seems the online application won't allow me submit successfully if I don't upload the No. 2 document, ie Attestation Letter from my Parents (for those under 18) & I am way above 18. How does one go about this as well

Thank You
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 10:27am On May 12, 2016
Me layzie , how did you pay your tuition fee
Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 11:11am On May 12, 2016
elijah101:
Me layzie , how did you pay your tuition fee

The school sent me their dollar & pounds account details, so I used US dom account to transfer the tuition fees to their dollar acct
Re: North Cyprus by akinlex(m): 12:03pm On May 12, 2016
wip7:
Study Engineering, Nursing and Business at the British University of Nicosia with 50-75% scholarship.

For Transfer international student: Tuition is free for one year!

If its interest you, send me your application documents.

NOTE: the fees quoted is PER YEAR....means if you are admitted with 75% scholarship, you only pay 1235euro each year. Also, siblings have discounts.

British university in nicosia? is that a university? forget the fact that its a new university. if you love yourself dont apply for the school better stay in naija or find somewhere else to go.

guys let us not be desperate looking for admission and end up with a worthless certificate that you cant tender for a job.

even the certificate of yabatech in nigeria is far more worthy than the certificate of this BUN.

Kindly check the school ranking on webometrics or see for yourself below.

oga wip7 not spoiling business for you but let us be realistic and let me ask you a question will you send your child to that school?

my 2cents advise!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:43pm On May 12, 2016
layzie86:

Thanks wip7. So how does one go about this Equivalence Statement? Is it like an official translation of my result to the turkish language or what, as I am confused. How do students usually go about it here in Nigeria

Also, it seems the online application won't allow me submit successfully if I don't upload the No. 2 document, ie Attestation Letter from my Parents (for those under 18) & I am way above 18. How does one go about this as well

Thank You

You can get the equivalence certificate from ministry of education in Abuja. Ask for that and they will issue it to you.

You will not have issue with parents consent letter while filling the form unless you have chosen earlier that your date of birth is less than 18 years. Is only compulsory for those less than 18.
Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 7:42pm On May 12, 2016
wip7:

You can get the equivalence certificate from ministry of education in Abuja. Ask for that and they will issue it to you.

You will not have issue with parents consent letter while filling the form unless you have chosen earlier that your date of birth is less than 18 years. Is only compulsory for those less than 18.

Alright, I'll contact my agent right away to confirm as I'm currently in Abj & I actually gave him my result today for authentication. I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow
Re: North Cyprus by curiobling: 10:24pm On May 12, 2016
Thanks a lot mr @wip...my father want to travel with me to turkey cos am only 17 years and we are about to submit our application. Can you tell me what purpose of travel will my father apply? am considering ACCOMPANIMENT travel purpose for him but im thinking its only for traveller on sick bed. can he apply to travel as ACCOMPANY?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:49am On May 13, 2016
curiobling:
Thanks a lot mr @wip...my father want to travel with me to turkey cos am only 17 years and we are about to submit our application. Can you tell me what purpose of travel will my father apply? am considering ACCOMPANIMENT travel purpose for him but im thinking its only for traveller on sick bed. can he apply to travel as ACCOMPANY?

Turkish embassy do have the Accompaniment policy for parents and direct family members and age is not a barrier. We have students as old as 30 yrs which their parents or wife or husband accompanied ( meaning they were issued visa). So no problem fill that since both of you bear same surname and under relationship it's indicated he is your dad. He will be granted visa sharply. Meanwhile you will still submit parents consent while applying for the visa.
Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by curiobling: 7:50am On May 13, 2016
wip7:

Turkish embassy do have the Accompaniment policy for parents and direct family members and age is not a barrier. We have students as old as 30 yrs which their parents or wife or husband accompanied ( meaning they were issued visa). So no problem fill that since both of you bear same surname and under relationship it's indicated he is your dad. He will be granted visa sharply. Meanwhile you will still submit parents consent while applying for the visa.
Best wishes!
Baba you too much

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 9:27am On May 14, 2016
Pls you guys help me checkout and confirm the signatures if they good to go. The 1st three signatures are from the Ministry of Education, while the last is from MFA

Also only Min of Edu signed at the back of the original copy as well as photocopies, while MFA signed at the back of just the photocopy & not the original. Just wanna know if that's how it's supposed to be

Thank You

@Mr wip7...yeah I confirmed the Equivalence Statement stuff @ the Min of Edu & was told they just started requesting for it not quite long, and may take a week before they can get it done for me (express). Omo the charge no be here o...wetin turkish embassy need am for sef

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:54am On May 14, 2016
layzie86:

@Mr wip7...yeah I confirmed the Equivalence Statement stuff @ the Min of Edu & was told they just started requesting for it not quite long, and may take a week before they can get it done for me (express). Omo the charge no be here o...wetin turkish embassy need am for sef

The stamps are okay. You went yourself to Ministry of education in Abuja and they told you they just started Equivalence Statement or your agent told you?

No no no Equivalence Certificate is not new is being existing since ages. I collected it for myself in 1999 for 100 naira. ...dont let agents deceive you... its cheap and I mean less than 3k...my younger brother did his own when he was traveling for studies in 2013 for 1000 naira.

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 10:09pm On May 14, 2016
wip7:

The stamps are okay. You went yourself to Ministry of education in Abuja and they told you they just started Equivalence Statement or your agent told you?

No no no Equivalence Certificate is not new is being existing since ages. I collected it for myself in 1999 for 100 naira. ...dont let agents deceive you... its cheap and I mean less than 3k...my younger brother did his own when he was going to traveling for studies in 2013 for 1000 naira.

Best wishes!

wow! Thank God I didn't pay the nigga yet for Equivalence Certificate. I left Abuja yesterday and told him I'd contact him for further transactions when I get to Lagos. He said his insider man @ the ministry wants to collect N20k for him to do it for me & get it by Friday as it takes long officially. His own charge is N2k, courier N2k & his transport fare to courier office & back N1k...total of N25k

that's crazy man
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 1:33pm On May 16, 2016
Mr wip , mr layzie , my bank is saying funds is not available ooo , is there a way you guys can help and I will pay in Naira .. Mr wip help needed .... Mr layzie put me through oo
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:45pm On May 16, 2016
elijah101:
Mr wip , mr layzie , my bank is saying funds is not available ooo , is there a way you guys can help and I will pay in Naira .. Mr wip help needed .... Mr layzie put me through oo

Why can't you try another bank? Visit other bank or try and see if you can use your card to pay online.

For me I can help you credit the university here within 10 min upto 30,000USD ....BUT YOU HAVE TO CREDIT ME IN BLACK MARKET NAIRA RATE.

I think if you want cheaper option you have to try another bank.
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2016
How can we talk private sir wip
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:26pm On May 16, 2016
elijah101:
How can we talk private sir wip

You can email me for conversation..check my email address. For money matter pls make it [size=14pt]public[/size] in case you want me to credit the university for you ......pls cos I always avoid stories that touch the heart.
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2016
Cool , I just want us to negotiate the black market price that's all ...I am paying $1000 to EUL
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:40pm On May 16, 2016
elijah101:
Cool , I just want us to negotiate the black market price that's all ...I am paying $1000 to EUL

Sir,
I am only trying to assist you to credit the university while you credit me BLACK MARKET RATE OF THAT DAY (no negotiation).....Paying for you means I will save you bank transfer charges.

The cheapest option for you is to use the Nigerian banks FORM A...so you can be charged CBN Rate. You can also wait for the tension to reduce may be your bank can get funds available.
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 9:50am On May 17, 2016
Good day bosses,
Pls when paying EMU fees online,will the fees be charged at the CBN OFFICIAL RATE,BLACK MARKET RATE OR AT YOUR BANK'S MASTERCARD WITHDRAWAL RATE?
Urgent respone needed.
Thanx
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:57am On May 17, 2016
Sagogo99:
Good day bosses,
Pls when paying EMU fees online,will the fees be charged at the CBN OFFICIAL RATE,BLACK MARKET RATE OR AT YOUR BANK'S MASTERCARD WITHDRAWAL RATE?
Urgent respone needed.
Thanx

It will be charged by the bank rate, however each bank in Nigeria has different and similar rates. The banks currently are also doing like black marketers since they charge almost same rate as black market. Daimond charged me a total of 321N/USD yesterday and Gtb charged similar.

Note: the rate is not fixed and it changes every seconds..also most of the banks have limits daily per day on the card online while some don't have. So ask your bank before you proceed.

Best wishes.
Re: North Cyprus by mickeymone(m): 1:10am On May 18, 2016
Please I need your e-mail address sir....
@mickeymoney83@yahoo.com
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:44am On May 18, 2016
Sagogo99:
Good day bosses,
Urgent respone needed.
Thanx

Unfortunately you won't be able to use the card for foreign transfer again.

I just got below message from two of my Nigerian banks:

Effective 17 May 2016, your Naira Debit and Credit Cards can only be used for local transactions at POS, ATM and Online for Nigerian retailers. Owing to the current volatility in the foreign exchange market we no longer offer access to goods and services priced in foreign currency, including purchases offshore and online on international websites.
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 11:09am On May 18, 2016
Good day mr wip,
Due to this new development, is it possible for my dad to use a MasterCard he got from a bank in neighbouring African country to pay my fees online or can l fund my cousin(a student in NEU) . naira account then he will withdraw and go to EMU and pay in CASH

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.