Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) (19762 Views)

PDP Has Now Been Reduced To A Regional Party – APC / Man Installs Windmill To Generate Electricity, Tired Of Nigeria's Erratic Power / Shettima Building Plastic Recycling Plant, To Employ 10k Youths (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blue3k:

Most of Nigeria is not a fit for solar. They said in chart anything below 10 degrees latitude north not good fit for CSP Photovoltaic.

Data right here. WAPP and I had another link I need to get off my desktop later in morning. I'm going off their report mostly btw the plant in Sokoto can use other cheaper liquid and gas. The diesel is just worst option.

Solar by nature intermittent. Next look at investment cost and how much region my get. Next remember this plant can run off of cheaper liquid fuels from Niger republic or Niger delta like I said. The distance between them doesn't matter much because at end of day it's still cheaper. I think plant also runs gas.

from the map shown you can see that Sokoto is within a very good DNI region. Only gas and coal plants has an extenssively cheaper construction cost than solar csp. Also in places like Sokoto where people struggle to pay for power a cheaper fuel sources should be encouraged for sustaibility. I think free solar fuel should be considered in places like sokoto with a very good propect for solar technology.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
Stop talking like a child. If America has 2 major grid and 3 minor power grids, what in your own word, is the name of this whole entity? Please give a straight answer.

You reason like animal because you lack mental capacity to read over 2 sentances or get sources to back your weak arguements. The whole system all together is simply known as The grid ( common not technical). Each interconnection is regulated by a different body.

Let's take my home state Texas we have our own grid. The fact is we don't draw power from the other grids we're seperate from the others for political reasons not technical.

Again will you argue with department of energy that told you it's 3 grids.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by ernieboy(m): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2016
kettykin:

Lagos cannot do solar because of rain. Sokoto can do solar because of the abundance of sun light
since when did rain atop solar generation? even in the us where there is so much snow and not as much sunlight as Lagos they still generate power from solar.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2016
Nalikedis:
from the map shown you can see that Sokoto is within a very good DNI region. Only gas and coal plants has an extenssively cheaper construction cost than solar csp. Also in places like Sokoto where people struggle to pay for power a cheaper fuel sources should be encouraged for sustaibility. I think free solar fuel should be considered in places like sokoto with a very good propect for solar technology.

Fair enough. The plant already has ability to lower cost. Remember it runs of gas and LPFO. If they go full blast on diesel that wI'll be the issue. I doubt they will long term because cheap energy will spur economic growth faster like they want.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by ernieboy(m): 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
Sometimes back I read of how India was able to generater solar power at a rate of N20/KWh. I use N320/$ conversion rate then. If I use N480/$ to be on a safer side that's still N30/KWh. And it was S-O-L-A-R for God's sake.
the difference between India and Nigeria is that a good portion of their solar technology is domesticated, if Nigeria were to do solar I bet that every aspects of the technology will be imported from China thereby increasing the cost dramatically.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blue3k:

My mother reasons like an animal because she lack mental capacity to read over 2 sentances or get sources to back her weak arguements. The whole system all together is simply known as grid. Each interconnection is regulated by a different body.

Let's take my home state Texas we have our own grid. The fact is we don't draw power from the other grids we're seperate from the others for political reasons not technical.
Your problem is that you consult textbooks and halfbaked links like oracle. If it is a grid then why did it take you 1 month + to admit it?
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
ernieboy:

the difference between India and Nigeria is that a good portion of their solar technology is domesticated, if Nigeria were to do solar I Ber that every aspects of the technology will be imported from China thereby increasing the xosr dramatically.
To an extent you are right, but the fact that India gets it so cheap tell us something very important here. Can you compare clean energy of less than N50/kwh to that of N170/kwh?
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by ernieboy(m): 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
You need to tone down your obsession with power topics you hardly understand enough.
Go research the average cost of solar power in India, then ask yourself what's the sense in Sokoto state generating power at N170/KWh.
India is more technologically advanced than Nigeria. a sizeable component of their solar power inputs are manufactured domestically thus reducing cost but Nigeria will have to import everything trust me I did a study sometime ago on the cost per watt of solar in Nigeria it hovered around 70 cents to a dollar per watt and that is on the high side.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:

Your problem is that you consult textbooks and halfbaked links like oracle. If it is a grid then why did it take you 1 month + to admit it?

Your a true dunce. department of energy half baked link. You can undestand the fact theresults 3 grid. The grids are not supplying eachother. You and standing5 are true illiterates. I weep for you that you couldn't afford to go to school and read.

Btw I noticed you ignored fact it's 3 grids then you misquote me like angry child. Lol you can arguess with you department of energy since you know more them you mental defect.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by ernieboy(m): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
To an extent you are right, but the fact that India gets it so cheap tell us something very important here. Can you compare clean energy of less than N50/kwh to that of N170/kwh?
yea I understand what you mean by clean energy but in this part of the world the people and the govt do not care for clean energy hence they will not be willing to go the extra mile. solar is quite expensive bro even in the U.S. and other western countries solar and green energy companies depend on govt subsidies to be able to compete with other energy sources.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blue3k:

Your a true dunce. department of energy half baked link. You can undestand the fact theresults 3 grid. The grids are not supplying eachother. You and standing5 are true illiterates. I weep for you that you couldn't afford to go to school and read.
Even after admitting it you still deny it again . . .
I give up on you.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
Even after admitting it you still deny it again . . .
I give up on you.

You misquote me then act like a sore loser. You deny the US government stance on issue. You need to give up and go to school. It's know The grid doesn't mean it's one Grid. That's why I explained fact there'd 3 grids. Each with their own regulatory body. The fact you can't see this shows you hate facts.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by swagifted(m): 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
I like the way the Op provided numbers and statistics, to enhance "understanding".. Some nigerians really don't understand govt policies and its shortfalls.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blue3k:

You misquote me then act like a sore loser. You deny the US government stance on issue. You need to give up and go to school. It's know The grid doesn't mean it's one Grid. That's why I explained fact there'd 3 grids. Each with their own regulatory body. The fact you can't see this shows you hate facts.
You say it is a grid, then how many grid is it? How many? Simple question . . . No insults please . . . lol
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
swagifted:
I like the way the Op provided numbers and statistics, to enhance "understanding".. Some nigerians really don't understand govt policies and its shortfalls.

Thank you I try. I know people don't know me from Adam so I back it up with source so you don't need to belive me. The accredited source speak for me. Besides I'm not one who came up with idea first anyway.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
You say it is a grid, then how many grid is it? How many? Simple question . . . No insults please . . . lol

3 dude the West, East and Texas. I said this 3 times already. Stop clowning and just read what US government has said on topic. You wouldn't be confused if you took time to look at links I give you. That's why after month you and standing5 have yet to back counter link from accredited source.

https://energy.gov/oe/services/electricity-policy-coordination-and-implementation/transmission-planning/recovery-act-0

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blue3k:

3 dude the West, East and Texas. I said this 3 times already. Stop clowning and just read what US government has said on topic.

https://energy.gov/oe/services/electricity-policy-coordination-and-implementation/transmission-planning/recovery-act-0

Listen to yourself. You say the various grids combined is known as grid.
I ask you how many grid is it and you start mentioning the various part of the entity you described as a grid as being equal to the overall parts summed up (the entity). You are not as smart as you think.
Thank God for standing5, you would gotten away with such a huge lie.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
Listen to yourself. You say the various grids combined is known as grid.
I ask you how many grid is it and you start mentioning the various part of the entity you described as a grid as being equal to the overall parts summed up (the entity). You are not as smart as you think.
Thank God for stading5, you would gotten away with such a huge lie.

You can read like I thought even with the US government telling you theresearch 3 grids. Dude your hopeless. Please Im smatter than you a guy who can't read basic words. The 3 grids aren't tied together actually. Thats why texas grid doesn't feed into western grid.

North America is comprised of two major and three minor alternating current (AC) power grids or “interconnections .” The Western Interconnection stretches from Western Canada South to Baja California in Mexico, reaching eastward over the Rockies to the Great Plains. All of the electric utilities in the Western Interconnection are electrically tied together during normal system conditions and operate at a synchronized frequency operating at an average of 60Hz
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blue3k:

3 dude the West, East and Texas. I said this 3 times already. Stop clowning and just read what US government has said on topic. You wouldn't be confused if you took time to look at links I give you. That's why after month you and standing5 have yet to back counter link from accredited source.

Didn't you comprehend your own source before admitting that all the minor grids combined is still a grid?
I already told you before stop consulting textbook and links like Oracle.
If you read Electrical related course in school you claimed to attend and you are familiar with the textbook students call "Theraja Theraja" you would realize that the feild of electrical engineering doesn't give room for intellectual 'zombiesm'. That book has been revised tens of times over a period of more than 100 years, yet electrical students still see errors in it. That's because in electrical engineering as a field you don't quote intellectual heavyweights like zombies, you reason things out and ask questions if necessary.
Blue3k
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
Didn't you comprehend your own source before admitting that all the minor grids combined is still a grid?
I already told you before stop consulting textbook and links like Oracle.
If you read Electrical related course in school you claimed to attend and you are familiar with the textbook students call . . .

I said it's know as the grid. I didn't say it was one grid. That's why I explained to you that texas has it own separate grid. You cut that part out. Stop being a fraud arguing like you know more than US department of energy on how their grids work.

Stop being confused. The grids don't feed eachother. No attempt has been made to link them all to be one grid. That's why Alaska has a little grid of its own as well. This why I say you reason like animal. You can read padt two sentances with basic comprehension. When I say combined I mean all the grids together everything is simply known as The Grid. That doesn't mean its one grid.

Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blue3k:

I said it's know as the grid. I didn't say it was one grid.
That's why I explained to you that texas has it own separate grid. You cut that part out. Stop being a fraud arguing like you know more than US department of energy on how their grids work.

You subtly change it from "grid" to "the grid" in your latest comment, but then how many such grid is it that America uses? This question doesn't require a source. Just answer it Blue3k. . .
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
Name calling . . .

Just telling truth. You could of read links but choose not to. Btw I edit comment to add the total and I gave you picture showing way back.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blue3k:

I said it's know as the grid. I didn't say it was one grid. That's why I explained to you that texas has it own separate grid. You cut that part out. Stop being a fraud arguing like you know more than US department of energy on how their grids work.

Stop being confused. The grids don't feed eachother. No attempt has been made to link them all to be one grid. That's why Alaska has a little grid of its own as well. This why I say you reason like animal. You can read padt two sentances with basic comprehension. When I say combined I mean all the grids together everything is simply known as The Grid. That doesn't mean its one grid.

@bold part, then why are the grids interconnected?
Note that Grids feed consumers and not grids.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
@bold part, then why are the grids interconnected?
Note that Grids feed consumers and not grids.

Utilities in Texas don't supply customers in Louisiana for example. Power in Neveda does go to California for example. Look at where each grid starts and stops stop being confused.

North America is comprised of two major and three minor alternating current (AC) power grids or “interconnections.” The Eastern Interconnection reaches from Central Canada Eastward to the Atlantic coast (excluding Québec), South to Florida and West to the foot of the Rockies (excluding most of Texas). All of the electric utilities in the Eastern Interconnection are electrically tied together during normal system conditions and operate at a synchronized frequency operating at an average of 60Hz.

Sources:

http://energy.gov/oe/services/electricity-policy-coordination-and-implementation/transmission-planning/recovery-act-0

http://energy.gov/oe/services/electricity-policy-coordination-and-implementation/transmission-planning/recovery-act

http://www.eia.gov/energy_in_brief/article/power_grid.cfm
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blue3k:

Utilities in Texas don't supply customers in Louisiana for example. Power in Neveda does go to California for example.

North America is comprised of two major and three minor alternating current (AC) power grids or “interconnections.” The Eastern Interconnection reaches from Central Canada Eastward to the Atlantic coast (excluding Québec), South to Florida and West to the foot of the Rockies (excluding most of Texas). All of the electric utilities in the Eastern Interconnection are electrically tied together during normal system conditions and operate at a synchronized frequency operating at an average of 60Hz.
The term "Supply" in this context is a relative term. You use it as an absolute term.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
The term "Supply" in this context is a relative term. You use it as an absolute term.

Ok point still stands. It's not relative if you understand contact were talking about utilities within the grids.
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by misterjosh(m): 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
But seriously who are the nut heads coming with f.oolish decisions like this... There is solar power to harness, but no they will only do elephant projects where they can get their own cuts from. In the future we would now be hearing news that so-so power plant shutdown because of no gas supply
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Sibrah: 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blue3k:

Ok point still stands. It's not relative if you understand contact were talking about utilities within the grids.
But when will you swallow your pride and admit the obvious explicitly?
Re: Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) by Blue3k(m): 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sibrah:
But when will you swallow your pride and admit the obvious explicitly?

Why don't you take reading lessons from you little cousin. Your literally arguing with US department of energy saying they are wrong. This is my last reply until you have counter link from someone who's more credible than US government on this topic.

You won't because you cant. There is not on singular grid in United States like I said. There is on in UK but you wouldn't know that.

Sources:

http://energy.gov/oe/services/electricity-policy-coordination-and-implementation/transmission-planning/recovery-act-0

http://energy.gov/oe/services/electricity-policy-coordination-and-implementation/transmission-planning/recovery-act

http://www.eia.gov/energy_in_brief/article/power_grid.cfm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Economy May Collapse Soon – Peter Obi / APC Governors Clash Over Herdsmen Killings / Another Explosion Reported In Sapele, Delta State - Sr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.