Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

"Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy (43349 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Plans To Marry With His N400k Paying Job Loses It / She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos / When A Gay Man Finaly Marry With A Lessibian Wat Will Be The Outcome's''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by ambs50: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
Wow, it really the year of many weddings.
It really been a long while dat marriage issues tend to trend @ d beginning of a new year like it's happening dis year. Only shows prophecy being fulfilled. "... many weddings this year,2017..." (Pst Adeboye)

#Daddy G.O prophecies.#IKeyIntoIt
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by HarveySpecter1: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
Quintessential1:
Honestly, what this guy is saying is the truth. We aren't about being broke here. As long as you can feed yourself and at least 2/3 extra mouths without begging, then you can get married if you find a woman who loves you and who you love in return.

yo

Sis, you aren't married so you won't understand. So you think that all there is to life is feeding? Do you know how much kids pay as school fees these days? Do you know how much c-section cost? Do you know the cost of baby foods?

Even for a man on 400k, it isn't an easy task. I know what I'm saying, I'm not just throwing some figures around.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Koolking(m): 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
This 'start with the little you have marriage syndrome' is one of the causes of 'brave infidelity' and broken marriages nowadays.

It should never be about 'what you have' but about the zeal to see your happiness in the happiness of your partner. So much to sacrifice to see it work.

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by lovat(m): 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2017
Everything this guy said is true. I pray 2017 don't pass me by because I'm tired waiting for billions

5 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by jericco1(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2017
lol for real? bro sorry for your underachievement. btw that doesn't stop you from married at your present age
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by darbeelicous(f): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
No lady wants to get married to a poor guy, but the guy in question should be hardworking and financially balanced. In a way that he can cater for his family.
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by buffalowings: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
O

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by ndcide(m): 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
I had this feeling the year I hit 32. It was a deep soul searching for me. In my compound I was seen as a big man. My landlady will clap for me. But my fellow tenants had their wife and children yet don't have the whole world.

I think Lagos life plays a role in this thing.
You'll be forming corporate life yet the years are rolling by. Some of your mates at home are married with kids, They buy land for 200k, build their house. While you will be forming hustle and insulting ladies.

The artisans you invite to work for you have their wife and children in school.

It's an evil thing. My dad told me this thing when I was moving to Lagos years back.

Thank God I'm free indeed.

8 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by GrandMufti: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Please sir,try and always take your brains along with your eyes anytime you come across my comment on Nairaland,it will do you a lot of good In a bid to make your A'hole comment you probably skipped where I typed

Any sane person knows I wasn't referring to literal 'eating' but I am not in the position to ascertain your mental state so I will pass on that wink

Lastly happy new year too sir,may you use your assimilating facilities more this year in Jesus name smiley

Take am easy na! LOL
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by IVORY2009(m): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
lovat:
Everything this guy said is true. I pray 2017 don't pass me by because I'm tired waiting for billions

With determinatn u can get der, wat are ur skills?
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Quintessential1(f): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

You just spoke the truth and nothing but the truth, of recent, it's pretense I have been coming across. I am in the same age category as Jude, but my problem is finding someone that would accept me for me.

Jude is the twitter guy?
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by LordIsaac(m): 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2017
Quintessential1:
Honestly, what this guy is saying is the truth. We aren't about being broke here. As long as you can feed yourself and at least 2/3 extra mouths without begging, then you can get married if you find a woman who loves you and who you love in return.

The truth is when you have "money," yes, there'll be girls in their droves. But these are girls who'll only see you as means to to an end. As a security! And they'll do nothing but pretend they love you. Trust me, girls pretend like crazy! And with their high end pretence, you'll end up being saddled with a wife who doesn't quite love you for you, but who has chosen to get married to the best available financial option she had.

Marriage goes far beyond feeding mouths....that's what differentiates a third world country from the first world. What is his motivation, having kids? Quality kids go beyond feeding mouths.

3 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by slydog(m): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
All he said is true. The thing is, the earlier the better is best for and in everything in life.
As long as you find something good doing, pls get married. In my office here a male contract staff who realised this and got married to a lawyer, imagine him with 60k permont salary taking care of his wife and one kid, living in hisown house though not completed. I think this is the focus and responsibility that comes when married, you won't be thinking of how to impress people with the little you have but how to make wife and kids happy with that little. I also kinda regret not settling down early too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
Quintessential1:

Jude is the twitter guy?
Yes, the guy lamenting.
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Quintessential1(f): 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Yes, the guy lamenting.

How old is he?
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by goingape: 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:
One thing I have come to realize in this life is that ONE rule does not work for ALL.

Anybody will agree with me that it is a hell of a task for a couple to be married and have kids coming in with little or no means of survival or even comfortability eg an apartment,steady allowance enough to cater for basic needs like feeding,schooling and health care.

I think this advice is flawed,because most young men at 24-26 are yet to find their feet,some are not even matured enough to cohabit with a woman,and all these factors could cause a strain in marriage which could lead to other things entirely.

The best thing to do when it comes to marriage as a man,is know what works for you and the woman you are planning to marry,because its not about getting married,its about sustaining the marriage.
I on my part will not settle down for manage manage,my kids must have what I couldn't have which is why I am hustling to compliment that lucky man that I end up with.

@ Dominique,if those potentials are not feasible most women won't go for it,I for example. A lot of people have potentials but I won't eat potentials,I will eat the result. grin
this are the people we are talking about! undecided

there are Wolf but hide in a sheep clothes!

there comment may make sense to you but look deep down into it, the wolf is showing her true colors.

ask this wolf if her mother ever think like her before she married her father? her mother won't have even born this she wolf.

them don't want potential but want to eat result undecided

what do you called this kind of wolf?

there are called the harvester in the night. there will go to your farm and wait still it grow and when it grow them eat your product and run away.

4 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by emperormossad(m): 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
Mikylopez:
den what everyday you go about begging people for money to buy baby food to buy diapers hell no. although i agree with getting married early buy u cant do dat if u aren't financially buoyant to take car of your house expenses if any guy does dat he is indirectly inviting a third party to their marriage
You do not need buoyancy to settle. All you need is something doing, a job, a business venture, something that can bring income to the home. I understand him perfectly. Most dudes want to have the 'perfect' condition...even if you make it, a wrong move with a wrong lady will bring all your hardwork crashing down to the earth. The earlier you marry the better, take the initial pains and suffer so that you can enjoy your relationship with your spouse when you should instead of struggling to train them up. Pain before pleasure. Get her down, put a ring on her finger, work with her to build a home. It cannot be always rosy but with God, Hardwork and determination, a sound home can be built. That money you'll make, won't you pay tax? Won't you take care of your family? Won't you fulfil your civic responsibilities? Things will arise my brother, you can make it even within marriage. He who finds a wife finds a good thing, infact a helpmate suited solely for him. Take that plunge and have a life you've always envisioned. Money is crucial, yes, but it's not the sum total.

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
Quintessential1:

How old is he?
30 something, there about.
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by metallisc(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Please sir,try and always take your brains along with your eyes anytime you come across my comment on Nairaland,it will do you a lot of good In a bid to make your A'hole comment you probably skipped where I typed

Any sane person knows I wasn't referring to literal 'eating' but I am not in the position to ascertain your mental state so I will pass on that wink

Lastly happy new year too sir,may you use your assimilating facilities more this year in Jesus name smiley

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by goingape: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
ikp120:

So na only chop you come chop? What do you that's talking about eating have to offer? Lying like a log of wood on the bed asking him to hit you harder? undecided Sucking his dick every night? undecided Popping out kids like shiit? undecided Cmon, an assholish LovePeddler can do all those shiit for him cry

If you cannot complement your hubby's efforts to succeed, then you are a piece of worthless trashy liability. angry

By the way, happy new year! grin grin grin
thank you!

those are the people we called Wolf

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Sanchez01: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
ndcide:
I had this feeling the year I hit 32. It was a deep soul searching for me. In my compound I was seen as a big man. My landlady will clap for me. But my fellow tenants had their wife and children yet don't have the whole world.

I think Lagos life plays a role in this thing.
You'll be forming corporate life yet the years are rolling by. Some of your mates at home are married with kids, They buy land for 200k, build their house. While you will be forming hustle and insulting ladies.

The artisans you invite to work for you have their wife and children in school.

It's an evil thing. My dad told me this thing when I was moving to Lagos years back.

Thank God I'm free indeed.
Lagos life can be horrible for a bachelor. One minute, you think you're doing just fine, forgetting that the clock is ticking, the next minute, you realize you're way behind when it comes to critical life choices as your peers in other states are comfortable with the little they have.

4 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Mskrisx(f): 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
Just luk atew!

Oga me let me hustle and die in my hustle than watch my child trek to school.

No ffing way! angry angry

See u...wicked advicer. I no blame you, I blame Buhari. #very long and drrry hissss#
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by minexpo(m): 12:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Any sane person knows I wasn't referring to literal 'eating' but I am not in the position to ascertain your mental state so I will pass on tha ;Dt winkdts harsh....

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by freeborn76(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
Those of you still under 30 and even in your early thirties would not understand what the guy is saying...when you are in your late thirties and early forties and still unmarried, then you will understand the folly of chasing shadows...if you can, get married early, nothing beats that...

6 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by LordIsaac(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:
One thing I have come to realize in this life is that ONE rule does not work for ALL.

Anybody will agree with me that it is a hell of a task for a couple to be married and have kids coming in with little or no means of survival or even comfortability eg an apartment,steady allowance enough to cater for basic needs like feeding,schooling and health care.
Let me borrow the famous Nairaland quote: "You deserve a bottle of origin!" I concour with your submission 100% Marriage goes beyond feeding mouths!

I think this advice is flawed,because most young men at 24-26 are yet to find their feet,some are not even matured enough to cohabit with a woman,and all these factors could cause a strain in marriage which could lead to other things entirely.

The best thing to do when it comes to marriage as a man,is know what works for you and the woman you are planning to marry,because its not about getting married,its about sustaining the marriage.
I on my part will not settle down for manage manage,my kids must have what I couldn't have which is why I am hustling to compliment that lucky man that I end up with.

@ Dominique,if those potentials are not feasible most women won't go for it,I for example. A lot of people have potentials but I won't eat potentials,I will eat the result. grin
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Quintessential1(f): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

30 something, there about.

Alright.
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by emperormossad(m): 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:

It's good to eat results my dear. Very good. But ask any man...ANY MAN who truly values himself and he'll tell you one thing: he'd rather settle for the journey woman than the result woman. The economy doesn't favour men, and that's why some of us still struggle @ 26. I'd rather struggle in my youth with the right woman beside me than struggle @ 40 with the same woman. Be a realist. No one has it all. In secondary school days we were taught that man is insatiable. He'll always want more...just work with him and enjoy the glory with him. If I make all the money in the world what sort of wife do you think I'll be interested in having. Intelligent? Hardworking? Hell no! Let's not lose the moon while chasing stars.

4 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by HarveySpecter1: 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
dumodust:
Not everything you read online is wise... completely flawed argument. Someone may be 60 with an already successful well raised child in his 20s or be in his 50s with a big baby in his 30s that was raised wretched, retarded and malnourished. Only God knows, do what is right when it is right... there's a time and season for everything

Well said. Most Nigerians care about having their kids out of the universities before they hit 50years. The development and success of these kids do not matter. To them, it's not how well but how fast.

Harveyspecter1

4 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by happney65: 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
omolola15 what are you waiting for...go and marry..
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by holluphemydavid(m): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
wot of someone like me dat will be 33 dis year and newly get fed.govt job,and avnt marry.dnt even av anybody at hand sef

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by chacoonder(m): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
goingape:
so let us marry witches and prostitute and have a bastard child as our own

thanks once again! the marriage institution is becoming useless nowadays and our women are becoming more and more promiscuous and you expert me to marry! undecided

a woman will do ashawo in her youthful age when it is time to settle down that's when you will see them becoming born again just to catch one mugu.

show me a decent black woman and I will show you a treasure yet to discovered!. we don't have decent women in this country again other than our mothers of those times. what we have is bunch of useless women parading with diggers and axe just to drain you.
Though i totally disagree with some of your notions but you still made a few points. There are still a handful of decent women in our society , just that they are hard to get.But i can assure you that we still have them amongst us.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by goingape: 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Nice point of view but your last paragraph is so flawed. It's fine that you will rather " eat results than potentials" but dont forget that your rule should apply to you too. Most girls have the wack mindset that the men should be financially healthy while they contribute a little or nothing. I would like to ask you and your fellow girls the following....

Did you not go to the school that the guys attended?
Was the syllabus used for the guys different from that used for the girls ?
Do we not have the same brain? Do you accept that our brains are superior to yours? If our brains are superior then girls are inferior to guys. QED

If a man should realise his potentials and turn it to results so should our girls. African women should wake up. Twerking,bj and f0rking around can't bring as much money as the brain.

If a husband should earn 300k/month, the wife should earn likewise. African men are also the problem. They except less from women and African women give far below " less".
that's our naija women mentality!

what can a woman offer if not her yansh?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Can I Make A Guy Who Just Wants To Use Me Fall In Love? / Lady Investigates Her Boyfriend To See If He's Faithful And See The Outcome / Too Much Sex Can Make You Miserable- New Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.