Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,177 members, 7,811,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

"Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy (43351 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Plans To Marry With His N400k Paying Job Loses It / She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos / When A Gay Man Finaly Marry With A Lessibian Wat Will Be The Outcome's''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by emperormossad(m): 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
Alondra:
No one is saying you have to own the money in the whole world before you marry. But improper preparations leads to improper failure. I for one ain't ready to marry without having a stable source of income. I hope I'm able to help you understand my earlier post better smiley
That stable income...can you lose it tomorrow if you have it today? Is it possible?

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by room089: 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
Uncle Jude what if you married in your 20s and children didn't come till in your 50s, what will you do, slap God?
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by TheMascot(m): 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
dominique:
He should extend his advice to the ladies. Marry a man with potentials, don't marry already made.
correction, if he has potentials marry him, if he already made, chase after him and marry him twice...

no one wants a bad thing..

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by NaWetinDey(m): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
He has some points. It's painful but, for some, you cannot beat it. There are scarcely any women nowadays (even anything half your ideal woman) who would agree to grow with you. One Idiot told me that she is the first daughter in her family and I cannot afford to give her a simple wedding. I could have married her and we could have had a baby or two together but she wanted to send me to robbery as her yardstick. These girls are the reason weak men steal, some sodomize and others refrain from marrying altogether and bear or ignore the shame. But, to those who have faith in God and still work hard, all you can do is pray and hope that a woman even half your expectation can come your way and decide to give you chance. The truth is that, when one is young, he runs away from marrying his girl because he mostly fears disappointing her later is he does not make it on time. But it all turns bad. It is better late than never. Yet, wife and children do not constitute ultimate happiness. I just choose to be happy, therefore I am.

4 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Odkosh: 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
Quintessential1:
Honestly, what this guy is saying is the truth. We aren't about being broke here. As long as you can feed yourself and at least 2/3 extra mouths without begging, then you can get married if you find a woman who loves you and who you love in return.

The truth is when you have "money," yes, there'll be girls in their droves. But these are girls who'll only see you as means to to an end. As a security! And they'll do nothing but pretend they love you. Trust me, girls pretend like crazy! And with their high end pretence, you'll end up being saddled with a wife who doesn't quite love you for you, but who has chosen to get married to the best available financial option she had.

You are wright my dear. May brother is a victim of this. He and the wife are no more now for the past 4 years and she never came looking for her kids which are 3 girls. Though my brother has forgotten her. Since she left, he has bought a car, built houses and live his life. Though he carries diff chicks just to release the body. The guy is wright dou. But I must be comfortable b4 I get married.
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by emperormossad(m): 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
bukatyne:
I don't know why we can't stick to one side...

On one end, the average Nairaland guy believes a woman's forte is caring for the home/family and foam in the mouth whenever someone suggests otherwise.

On another end, same guy believes a woman should contribute financially to the household and starts asking what a woman wants to contribute if she doesn't want to drop money at home.

Jokers...

@OP:

I 100% agree with him

The idea of waiting till eternity before marriage doesn't appeal to me. I rather we build together and look for ways to develop ourselves and family.
You're wise. Better husband dey wait you... smiley

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by TheMascot(m): 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:
One thing I have come to realize in this life is that ONE rule does not work for ALL.

Anybody will agree with me that it is a hell of a task for a couple to be married and have kids coming in with little or no means of survival or even comfortability eg an apartment,steady allowance enough to cater for basic needs like feeding,schooling and health care.

I think this advice is flawed,because most young men at 24-26 are yet to find their feet,some are not even matured enough to cohabit with a woman,and all these factors could cause a strain in marriage which could lead to other things entirely.

The best thing to do when it comes to marriage as a man,is know what works for you and the woman you are planning to marry,because its not about getting married,its about sustaining the marriage.
I on my part will not settle down for manage manage,my kids must have what I couldn't have which is why I am hustling to compliment that lucky man that I end up with.

@ Dominique,if those potentials are not feasible most women won't go for it,I for example. A lot of people have potentials but I won't eat potentials,I will eat the result. grin
I was thinking you will say help him develop those potentials and see the results but you no different if I should marry your type I would have a strip club in our backyard..
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Elliot2(m): 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2017
Malayy:
so that I will age and die early, due to stress and frustration..
I will make billions first, before thinking of getting married.
what if one (u) doesnt make the billions on time,will that stop him from getting married?
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by TheMascot(m): 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
NaWetinDey:
He has some points. It's painful but, for some, you cannot beat it. There are scarcely any women nowadays (even anything half your ideal woman) who would agree to grow with you. One Idiot told me that she is the first daughter in her family and I cannot afford to give her a simple wedding. I could have married her and we could have had a baby or two together but she wanted to send me to robbery as her yardstick. These girls are the reason weak men steal, some sodomize and others refrain from marrying altogether and bear or ignore the shame. But, to those who have faith in God and still work hard, all you can do is pray and hope that a woman even half your expectation can come your way and decide to give you chance. The truth is that, when one is young, he runs away from marrying his girl because he mostly fears disappointing her later is he does not make it on time. But it all turns bad. It is better late than never. Yet, wife and children do not constitute ultimate happiness. I just choose to be happy, therefore I am.
bro leave her, chase your dreams, make it bigger than you planned with her come back and tell her children, I should have been your dad but your mother was after 10k

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by slimsoshady(m): 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
benedictnsi:
Lol...... D guy is just lamenting .... grin

His business though.... I need to be comfortable a bit before I even start thinking about marriage
seconded

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by emperormossad(m): 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
poweredcom:

thank you bro

this guy advising an average nigerian youth to get married at 24 or 22...this guy need some slap

how many Nigerian angry youth of that age...can afford an apartment and again how many nigerian girls are ready to listen or love you for who you are...at that age if you are broke...

dont rush into marriage my people......ooooooo its not what you think it is
That's because the 24 and 25 year Olds are busy smoking marijuana and drinking their liver to death instead of hustling and making themselves better. It's sad to note but we guys dey Bleep up, look around you man, see men making a nuisance out of themselves. Nothing replaces hardwork anyday, anytime.

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by HolySteph(f): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
Smellymouth:
Ogbeni talk to naija ladies jare..

Which babe ready to settle down with a broke 24 year old dude?

The ladies are over there.. Go and talk to them..
Lol
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by slimsoshady(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
DEXTROVERT:
I'm
Not
Ready
Until
I
Finished
This
Film
pervert.. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by emperormossad(m): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
lefulefu:
lol but bros wit d way u hate naija girls who u go come date na? Abi u based outside naija? If u in naija weda u like it or not na nigerian woman u go end up wit as a wife.
No he won't. He will never do such a thing...not after calling them apes. Sometimes I wonder if people compose and type before proof-reading it or the phone just automatically sends it. He'll make billions and marry a rich non-naija girl who'll work her a**e out for him. I'm very sure.

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by slimsoshady(m): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
Quintessential1:
Honestly, what this guy is saying is the truth. We aren't about being broke here. As long as you can feed yourself and at least 2/3 extra mouths without begging, then you can get married if you find a woman who loves you and who you love in return.

The truth is when you have "money," yes, there'll be girls in their droves. But these are girls who'll only see you as means to to an end. As a security! And they'll do nothing but pretend they love you. Trust me, girls pretend like crazy! And with their high end pretence, you'll end up being saddled with a wife who doesn't quite love you for you, but who has chosen to get married to the best available financial option she had.

you tryna tell me if a nigger walk up to you n ask for yur hand in marriage,n he doesn't have a job,your going to say yes...
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by HolySteph(f): 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
Malayy:
so that I will age and die early, due to stress and frustration..
I will make billions first, before thinking of getting married.
Lol
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by slimsoshady(m): 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Please sir,try and always take your brains along with your eyes anytime you come across my comment on Nairaland,it will do you a lot of good In a bid to make your A'hole comment you probably skipped where I typed

Any sane person knows I wasn't referring to literal 'eating' but I am not in the position to ascertain your mental state so I will pass on that wink

Lastly happy new year too sir,may you use your assimilating facilities more this year in Jesus name smiley

ghan ghan.. Trailer jam show.
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by HarveySpecter1: 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
TheMascot:
I was thinking you will say help him develop those potentials and see the results but you no different if I should marry your type I would have a strip club in our backyard..

Develop the man's potentials? Why can't the woman develop her own potentials or she ain't got potentials? Seriously ,have we given up on our girls and think that they don't have potentials ?

Raising female kids in Africa is a problem. No sense of responsibility whatever.

Gosh!!

2 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by goingape: 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
lefulefu:
lol but bros wit d way u hate naija girls who u go come date na? Abi u based outside naija? If u in naija weda u like it or not na nigerian woman u go end up wit as a wife.
depending on your mentality!

I base both in naija and outside but not always all the time outside and I have made up my mind not to wife my country women.

2 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by TheMascot(m): 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Develop the man's potentials? Why can't the woman develop her own potentials or she ain't got potentials? Seriously ,have we given up on our girls and think that they don't have potentials ?

Raising female kids in Africa is a problem. No sense of responsibility whatever.

Gosh!!

Mr girls defender..

Voltron, Defender of the universe

Dey didn't call you, you just came to do back up

MTN back up,

you fly into my post
jet li
Concord
Nigerian airways
sosoliso
well done

uncle, did you see any part were she said she was going to develop her potentials, she was clearly saying she would dump any guy with just potential for a ready made one..

this is 2017, look before you leap..read well before you support.
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by goingape: 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
emperormossad:

No he won't. He will never do such a thing...not after calling them apes. Sometimes I wonder if people compose and type before proof-reading it or the phone just automatically sends it. He'll make billions and marry a rich non-naija girl who'll work her a**e out for him. I'm very sure.
I'm sure your mother work her a**e out for your father!

when did I give that expression that I will make billions and marry a rich non- naija girl undecided

you just jump into conclusion without thinking! that's how myopic you are in your way of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Valkyr: 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:
One thing I have come to realize in this life is that ONE rule does not work for ALL.

Anybody will agree with me that it is a hell of a task for a couple to be married and have kids coming in with little or no means of survival or even comfortability eg an apartment,steady allowance enough to cater for basic needs like feeding,schooling and health care.

I think this advice is flawed,because most young men at 24-26 are yet to find their feet,some are not even matured enough to cohabit with a woman,and all these factors could cause a strain in marriage which could lead to other things entirely.

The best thing to do when it comes to marriage as a man,is know what works for you and the woman you are planning to marry,because its not about getting married,its about sustaining the marriage.
I on my part will not settle down for manage manage,my kids must have what I couldn't have which is why I am hustling to compliment that lucky man that I end up with.

@ Dominique,if those potentials are not feasible most women won't go for it,I for example. A lot of people have potentials but I won't eat potentials,I will eat the result. grin

U spoke well
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by goingape: 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
TheMascot:

Mr girls defender..

Voltron, Defender of the universe

Dey didn't call you, you just came to do back up

MTN back up,

you fly into my post
jet li
Concord
Nigerian airways
sosoliso
well done

uncle, did you see any part were she said she was going to develop her potentials, she was clearly saying she would dump any guy with just potential for a ready made one..

this is 2017, look before you leap..read well before you support.
thank you!

some people only read but can't comprehend!

if a sane person would read that woman's comment you would clearly see what she mean!

her true thought is right behind her comment and that's when you will discover how useless there are!

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by TheMascot(m): 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
goingape:
thank you!

if a sane person would read that woman's comment you would clearly see what she mean!

her true thought is right behind her comment and that's when you will discover how useless there are!
abi ooh, but some yeye boys will want to support anything in skirt, I guess he is one of those newbies drooling over all these online celebrity with nothing tangible in real life

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by HARDDON: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
Quintessential1:

you obviously havent come across this:

ONLY THE RICH CAN AFFORD TO BE POOR.

wise Big boys dont go showing off their full potentials to potential wifys, they can even decide to take a cab to her place, hike a bus with her and so many other crazy things just to see tru her

rich or not, there is that gurl that would just like your eyebrow like sweetease

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by dabrightt: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
Quintessential1:

you will live long

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Fkhalifa(m): 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
goingape:
thank you!

I like rolling with sharp brain that analyses and decipher so quick like you... Women are very thickish, many will get scammed by their (evil) softness.

2 Likes

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by dabrightt: 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
Mikylopez:
den what everyday you go about begging people for money to buy baby food to buy diapers hell no. although i agree with getting married early buy u cant do dat if u aren't financially buoyant to take car of your house expenses if any guy does dat he is indirectly inviting a third party to their marriage
you pour out your mind 3 kulikuli for you
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by thesuave10(m): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
The maths is simple. If you spend 2 million on your wedding make sure you have at least 4 million in your bank account, a comfortable house and at least one car grin grin. Marriage is about preparation. Emotional, psychological and FINANCIAL tongue
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by XendersPride(f): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
HARDDON:

you obviously havent come across that this:

ONLY THE RICH CAN AFFORD TO BE POOR.

wise Big boys dont go showing off their full potentials to potential wifys, they can even decide to take a cab to her place, hike a bus with her and so many other crazy things just to see tru her

rich or not, there is that gurl that would just like your eyebrow like sweetease
Quite right

1 Like

Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by digitite: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Please sir,try and always take your brains along with your eyes anytime you come across my comment on Nairaland,it will do you a lot of good In a bid to make your A'hole comment you probably skipped where I typed

Any sane person knows I wasn't referring to literal 'eating' but I am not in the position to ascertain your mental state so I will pass on that wink

Lastly happy new year too sir,may you use your assimilating facilities more this year in Jesus name smiley

Actually, just ignore such comments to avoid the stress cheesy.
Re: "Marry With The Little You Have, Now That You Are Young'' - Nigerian Guy by Fourwinds: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
Mikylopez:
den what everyday you go about begging people for money to buy baby food to buy diapers hell no. although i agree with getting married early buy u cant do dat if u aren't financially buoyant to take car of your house expenses if any guy does dat he is indirectly inviting a third party to their marriage
pls can u explain d third party u mentioned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Investigates Her Boyfriend To See If He's Faithful And See The Outcome / How Can I Make A Guy Who Just Wants To Use Me Fall In Love? / Married Ex Wants Me To Manage Her New Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.