Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:14 AM

What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? (38457 Views)

Nigerian Guy Busts Girlfriend Who Tried To Con Him Of N50,000 Wit Fake Pregnancy / Nigerian Guy Weds First Lady He Ever Dm'ed On Twitter (photos) / Nigerian Guy Proposes To Girlfriend After Sex.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by queeneve: 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2010
I am sure you fioooooone, you just bullchitting!
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by monaug5: 12:26am On Apr 01, 2010
The more I read this thread and look at sources such as the super eagles team it is looking like the national average for men is around 5'7-5'8 (170-172) for nigerians living in the country.

I am a nigerian that lives in the UK aged only 18 and I am 5'9(grew 2 inches since last march) and I think this estimate to be very accurate when you take into account MANY accounts of information and some common sense to be honest.

Whilst Nigerians are not the tallest on average we are well in there in regards to height and studies show that we are getting taller as the country improves further so now it is our chance to become the best in africa if we try.

My dad born in kwara state is 6'1 and my mom born in UK is 5'7 which is remarkable since she is the tallest of her 2 other sisters and taller than my 5'2 grandma.

I am certain that I will grow to be between 5'10-5'11 still since my dad grew late.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by SlamDunk(m): 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2010
Yeah, im 6ft 4 n i still fink im short, coz i mve wit guys 6.5 n above. Mehn Its gud 2 b tal, no offnce 2 d midgets. Oops
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by spartanhoo: 10:26pm On Apr 04, 2010
@slamdunk, all that matters is your game.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by spartanhoo: 10:28pm On Apr 04, 2010
@slamdunk, do you play at nat'l stadium,surulere?
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by SlamDunk(m): 11:02pm On Apr 04, 2010
Yeah 4 raptors, do u knw me?
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by spartanhoo: 1:27am On Apr 05, 2010
i kinda played there with coach charly and seun akinwale(sea-rovers) around 2007.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by SlamDunk(m): 10:17pm On Apr 05, 2010
Yeah coach charley, But avnt playd 4 a wile now, skul no gree me.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by olyluv: 9:56pm On May 01, 2010
Ifact u nairalander guys u need orientation on holy book, cos height hav notin to do wit ur destiny.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by olyluv: 9:58pm On May 01, 2010
Ifact u nairalander guys u need orientation on holy book, cos height hav notin to do wit ur destiny.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 01, 2010
At 5'8

You dare call me short? tongue
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by Enockia(m): 12:06am On May 02, 2010
i'm 6'2 i think 5'5 is the average
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by blakbarbie: 4:10am On May 13, 2010
poster really?? accept that which you cannot change, or rock some stilettos.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by tpiah: 11:05pm On Jun 23, 2010
very important question @ topic
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by tlops(m): 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
u should have ask for the normal or average length or size ,
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by 1STOrder: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
Am 5.8 me fink is AVERAGE
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by ShyOne(f): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2011
My man is 5'7

I don't know what it is about "shorter men" but they have really BIG ATTITUDE - THEY WALK REALLY TALL - a whole lot of them. That is soo sexy to me. I have seen really tall men that are meek mannered and then these "shorter guys" are soo bold and masculine - I LOVE IT.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by dayokanu(m): 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2011
5ft 7 is quite short. 5ft6-7 is average for women

How tall are you shy-one. I guess since you model, You would be taller than that. Now add heels to it
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by ShyOne(f): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2011
5'10

With heels, even taller.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by misanho: 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2011
5.5" ladiea want sm1 who is 6.2", lol. Dat is so funny can U swallow it? Just askin
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by dayokanu(m): 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2011
Shy-One:

5'10

With heels, even taller.

I love tall ladies.

Yesterday i saw one she was 6ft1, I have been chasing her all over for the past 24 hours
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2011
!topic: 5'3'' height wise and 3.5 LENGTH wise! grin grin grin grin grin

I AM JUST KIDDING OOOOO!!!!
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by Sagamite(m): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2011
dayokanu:

5ft6-7 is average for women

For where?

Are you including heels?

Average female height in UK is about 5' 4, most will say 5' 7 because they somehow always include their heels in their height measurement.

I don't think average height for US females can be above 5' 5.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by dayokanu(m): 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2011
I dont know the stats but if 5ft 4 is the average in a caucasian country like UK,

What would it be in China or Japan?
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by ShyOne(f): 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2011
I don't know what average height is for men or women here in the U.S.

I know that areas are different.  I have never seen as many TALL WHITE PEOPLE in my life than when I moved to Wisconsin.  I think it is the pure water in Wisconsin and the farm fed people that are there.   I don't see many tall white people in the South Bend area.  But I see more tall blacks in the Indiana area.  The Southern States I see soo many fat AA's - I am stunned - the women, alot of them are huge and big boned and really tall - alot of them - I think the farm lands in those areas are responsible as well.

I don't know about what is or isn't average - but I think Tall definitely isn't average here and or really short either.  I think maybe 5'7 is an average height for women in U.S.  I am not sure about average height for men in U.S.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by Sagamite(m): 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2011
dayokanu:

I dont know the stats but if 5ft 4 is the average in a caucasian country like UK,

What would it be in China or Japan?

Japs are quite tall. Same height or even taller than Nigerians. Most likely 5' 2.

Chinese females will probably be 5' 0.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by MrsChima1(f): 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2011
My husband is tall and most Igbomen I know are tall.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by Sagamite(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2011
Shy-One:

I think maybe 5'7 is an average height for women in U.S.  

Maybe southern women are taller but I can almost guarantee you 5'7 would not be average.

Otherwise they will be regarded as the tallest women on Earth.

Most people have no idea of their real height and over-exaggerate it. Moreso, women that include heels. I am yet to meet any woman below 5' 8 that has accurately said her height.

The people that do know are the ones that are really really tall, like dayokanu and mukina, as they would have got measured sometime.

I remember one 5'9 foool in London telling me he was 6ft. I was looking at him like if he took drugs because I could tell his height instantly.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by koolchicco: 11:20pm On Jan 20, 2011
Naija guys = 5'9

Naija Girls = 5'2 (with big phat yansh cheesy)
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by Sagamite(m): 11:27pm On Jan 20, 2011
koolchicco:

Naija guys = 5'9

Naija guys cannot be 5' 9. That is the average height of UK, Swiss, Australian and New Zealand men.

Naija men most likely is 5' 6 or 5' 7.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-401979.64.html#msg5563790
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by ShyOne(f): 11:30pm On Jan 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Maybe southern women are taller but I can almost guarantee you 5'7 would not be average.

Otherwise they will be regarded as the tallest women on Earth.

Most people have no idea of their real height and over-exaggerate it. Moreso, women that include heels. I am yet to meet any woman below 5' 8 that has accurately said her height.

The people that do know are the ones that are really really tall, like dayokanu and mukina, as they would have got measured sometime.

I remember one 5'9 foool in London telling me he was 6ft. I was looking at him like if he took drugs because I could tell his height instantly.

Ohh ok

thank you for the correction

I really am not sure about average height - I just don' t keep up with it

Do you know what the average height is for women and men in the U.S.?  I find that I am taller than the majority of my female friends.  The only time I was the shortest one in a group of women was when I was always with my sister-in-laws, my deceased husband's sisters.  They are 6ft 2, and 6ft and 5ft 11 inches.  I was the shortest in that group.  I was amazed.  Also, when I modeled, one other girl and I were the shortest because all the other females towered above us in their bare feet.  I was surrounded by Amazons.  But here lately in Indiana, I am the tallest - that is when I pay attention.  I am usually so engrossed in trying to remember how to drive (he used to do the driving) and when shopping - I am soo unaware of people around me - I can't really recall how tall, how short or even their clothes or faces.
Re: What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy? by Sagamite(m): 11:36pm On Jan 20, 2011
^^^ I think average height for US men is about 5' 10 and women about 5' 5.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Home Alone With My Step-brother / What Is The Most Petty Reason You Refused To Date Someone? / Silly Things You Have Done To Please Your Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.