Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer (55171 Views)

Short & Deceitful Little Imps Osinbajo Is Sick, His Nightmare Just Started – FFK / Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Picture Of Buhari Shaking Osinbajo Is Best Of All Buhari's Returning Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by Adiola(f): 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
shamecurls:

Why re you always antagonizing your masters? If it's not Afonja, then it's Fulani! You always fail to remind yourself that you 5% and your opinion does not count in today's Nigeria
brother mi if the 5% dance skelewu in the creeks the 97% will be hungry and turn environmental solicitors
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by alt3r3g0: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
michelz:
Yes,right now,you would claim that you were against GEJ based on performance because Osibanjo is involved, but we all know better; we know why you fought GEJ,we know why you wanted Buhari (not Osibanjo that you're now hyping) as president.
FYI,if Buhari is shown the way out,Osibanjo goes as well.
If you say Buhari is not performing,then Osibanjo too is incompetent. Simple.

I really dont give two spoons the ethnicity or religion of the person in power. I am from Niger Delta myself.

I base my judgements on results..no sentiments whatsoever. If based on performance PMB and Osinbajo have to go, so be it, i wont even bat an eyelid.

Sentiments is why we are in this rot we are in as a nation.

2 Likes

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by shegra58: 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
coolesmile:
President Yemi Osinbajo (PYO), SAN, is a Nigerian.
yes even an Afonja man
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by Adiola(f): 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2017
engrshakespeare:

I really don't want to believe the real Tonye made this ludicrous statement. I have always respected your analysis and the impartiality with which you dish them out. For the benefit of doubt, I will assume someone else impersonated you or this is the one minute madness for which everyone is permitted at least once in a lifetime.
if tonye shouts iPods are miscreant uou ll jump and support him ,uou won't remember his impartiality, one minute madness or impersonation but now he's against Yoruba ,he has been impersonated
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by eyecatchy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
you'll be surprised at how the hausas will make the country ungovernable for him should he go on to take the place of PMB.
Ioannes:
I get the gist of what you're saying.

He is like a breath of fresh air on the political landscape of Nigeria.

Nigerians denied Awolowo the opportunity to rule this country to greatness in the 80s

This is another opportunity before us.

We would be stupid indeed if this man is not made substantive president and also voted in for the next two terms after.

May God continue to guide Osinbajo to make the right choices for this nation.
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by Omonigeriarere: 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
[s]
Trut:
As you can see these people don't believe in the Buhari they sold to Nigerians, they elected the man not because they saw a man of vision or principles nor because they were patriotic but simply because of primordial tribal sentiments that he dies in office and their tribeman sworn in as President. Where are the "Sai Baba" crew now?

Since Buhari fell sick/incapacitated and Osibanjo became Acting President the Afonjas have seized their support for Buhari, they no longer defend him. They've started showing their hand again, this time by accrediting every positives to Osibanjo while blaming Buhari for incompetence, something they didn't agree to in the past. Buhari isn't dead yet but they're already projecting Osibanjo as the best thing after sliced bread - A capable, educated and a better President to be. They have started their media hyping of Osibanjo, praising him to high heavens, same thing they did with Buhari before his incompetence was exposed to the world.

Afonjas have "CHANGED". What a treacherous set!!!
[/s]

5%, your opinion doesn't count: you can continue your lamentations

3 Likes

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
sarrki:
OMOLUABI is Good

I mean really really Good

God bless muhammadu Buhari

God bless Prof Yemi Osinbajo

God bless federal Republic of Nigeria

The doctor that did surgery on your brain did a very good job...hope it remains in factory settings.
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
He will still be booted out in 2019 along with his oga

I feel your pain bro...you opened this thread to see if you can find something to use as a political uppercut against APC but got disappointed...I feel your pain(you wish you could find a piece of evidence that indeed Osinbajo is not a Nigerian by birth), the tin pain you no be small.

1 Like

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by BetaThings: 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
Trut:
As you can see these people don't believe in the Buhari they sold to Nigerians, they elected the man not because they saw a man of vision or principles nor because they were patriotic but simply because of primordial tribal sentiments that he dies in office and their tribeman sworn in as President. Where are the "Sai Baba" crew now?

Since Buhari fell sick/incapacitated and Osibanjo became Acting President the Afonjas have seized their support for Buhari, they no longer defend him. They've started showing their hand again, this time by accrediting every positives to Osibanjo while blaming Buhari for incompetence, something they didn't agree to in the past. Buhari isn't dead yet but they're already projecting Osibanjo as the best thing after sliced bread - A capable, educated and a better President to be. They have started their media hyping of Osibanjo, praising him to high heavens, same thing they did with Buhari before his incompetence was exposed to the world.

Sorry sir, PDP is the one divided by treachery - the APC support base is intact!
Try and learn to speak the truth
Fake sympathy for Buhari
The House Majority Leader, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, started the argument when he tried to stop the Chief Whip, Mr. Alhassan Ado-Doguwa, from describing Buhari as a sick man.

Gbajabiamila shouted “point of order” and requested the presiding Deputy Speaker, Mr. Yussuff Lasun, to ask Ado-Doguwa to desist from calling Buhari a sick President.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/03/01/reps-clash-buharis-health-status/

3 Likes

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by jollymizzle(m): 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
He will still be booted out in 2019 along with his oga
tonye you are better than this. What happened to your sense of fairness. If osinbajo can get it right and it seen he can, we should all support him regardless of party affiliations or ethnicity. Afterall most of us(north and south) supported GEJ in his first tenure

2 Likes

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by maikachiya(m): 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
You did not understand him or cover off as fear covered all his face. But been a Christian and not a northerner now you changed the subject. You did not understand him or cover off as fear covered all his face. But been a Christian and not a northerner now you changed the subject.
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by BetaThings: 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
mars123:
Yes PYO is acting on the orders of Buhari. But Buhari himself knows he cannot do it like PYO that's why he sent him to do his job. How many chances did he have to visit the ND and he threw all away.

The Militants said PMB should not come and security reports corroborated it
Just like Jonathan was threatened by Militants when he wanted to commission a project in Ogbeh Ijoh and security reports corroborated it

mars123:
Prof Yemi Osibanjo to his credit is simply shining the light of God he has in him. He is not lacking in wisdom and knowledge even more than his boss.

The people who don't like Buhari would like to drive a wedge between Buhari and PYO
There is no gain in harming PYO
If they do, it vindicates Buhari for not coming
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by Stone03: 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
Great God is the master player. He actually wanted to bless this country with Osinbajo. He knew Osinbajo wouldn't have come up easily and He tied him to Buhari whom delusion made people think was the Messiah. May God be praised for giving us this exceptional non-politian leader.
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by davidif: 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
engrshakespeare:

I really don't want to believe the real Tonye made this ludicrous statement. I have always respected your analysis and the impartiality with which you dish them out. For the benefit of doubt, I will assume someone else impersonated you or this is the one minute madness for which everyone is permitted at least once in a lifetime.

Bros, I too was surprised o.
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by vicmela(m): 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good talk. his different
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by engrshakespeare: 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

The comment simply means PMB/PYO ticket will fail in 2019

Pity that wasn't what the thread was about , you have changed, you don't even read before commenting anymore
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by engrshakespeare: 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
Adiola:
if tonye shouts iPods are miscreant uou ll jump and support him ,uou won't remember his impartiality, one minute madness or impersonation but now he's against Yoruba ,he has been impersonated

what's this one saying
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by davidif: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
Adiola:
for the peace yo reign in this country osibanjo should step aside for another northerner to complete their two terms

Gosh you see how Nigerians shoot themselves in the foot? Instead of appointing the best man for the job you guys seem to be concerned about where he is from. And they wonder why Nigeria is not prosperous? Hmm I wonder why.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by davidif: 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
alt3r3g0:

I really dont give two spoons the ethnicity or religion of the person in power. I am from Niger Delta myself.

I base my judgements on results..no sentiments whatsoever. If based on performance PMB and Osinbajo have to go, so be it, i wont even bat an eyelid.

Someone please give this man a twenty one gun salute. Finally, someone who understands that its about Nigeria doing well.
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
I will take him seriously when cost of living reduce to 2%

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
engrshakespeare:

Pity that wasn't what the thread was about , you have changed, you don't even read before commenting anymore
What is the thread about when I don't consider Osinbajo as being any better than his Absentee boss? The thread is about blowing some misplaced praise of Yemj and I am saying Yemi as VP and AP is a flop like his boss and his Party. isn't it?
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by 7lives: 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
yashau:
you're a bigot not just a bigot but a tribalism check the source of this news and the writer before you start spew nonsense smh.
*Dr. Emmanuel Ufuophu-Biri is HOD, Mass Communication, Delta State University, Abraka’.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/acting-president-osinbajo-not-nigerian/

Abeg let this hater be, do you know what will happen to him if he stops hating?.

1 Like

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by Halo22: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
With his academic attainment, I think he has self control over pride and ego. But wait ooooo....Do you want to compare an ordinary Fulani aboki with a learned professor of Law? They are incomparable nah.

1 Like

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by stealthtiger(m): 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
saintgp:
Dr.emmaunel u have spoken well.but then i wanna use this medium to enjoin u and your colleagues(lecturers,h.o.d,deans v.c,etc)to pls emulate the acting president with regards to how you treat your students.
I just can't stop laughing
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by Adiola(f): 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
davidif:

Gosh you see how Nigerians shoot themselves in the foot? Instead of appointing the best man for the job you guys seem to be concerned about where he is from. And they wonder why Nigeria is not prosperous? Hmm I wonder why.
national peace first without peace you won't be here typing this so for greater good osibanjo should step aside
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by wristbangle: 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

The comment simply means PMB/PYO ticket will fail in 2019

Okay. Any suggestion??
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by michelz: 5:56pm On Mar 07, 2017
alt3r3g0:

And you think they're doing well enough for you not to harass them the way you did to GEJ. You see,I agree that sentiment is part of the reasons we're in this mess,but pretence and especially, playing the ostrich when it favors you is far worse.
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2017
eyecatchy:
you'll be surprised at how the hausas will make the country ungovernable for him should he go on to take the place of PMB.

i used to think so too. In fact i expected a showdown during the Yar'Adua saga but nothing happened.

I dont think anything will happen this time too. The average nigerian either North or South just wants to hustle and survive, i think.

1 Like

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by alt3r3g0: 6:10pm On Mar 07, 2017
michelz:
And you think they're doing well enough for you not to harass them the way you did to GEJ. You see,I agree that sentiment is part of the reasons we're in this mess,but pretence and especially, playing the ostrich when it favors you is far worse.

This was my stand years back and its still the same today.

alt3r3g0:
The elections are almost a week away and I would like to share my vision of the Nigeria I desire.

The Nigeria I desire is one in which all will be treated equally, irrespective of their culture and tribe. I am from the niger delta and married to a beautiful Yoruba lady. My best friend is from the north and I have in laws from other states Benue, Benin etc.

In Nigeria of today, the politicians are almost assured of 8 years in office. There was some talk sometime back to change the constitution to 8 years, one tenure. There is also the talk of zoning the leadership..leadership by Zoning and not competence.

The time for us to set things right is now. The divide has never been so thin and may never be so again if we miss this opportunity.

I believe if we vote out an underperforming regime, it will set the pace for Nigeria and our unborn generations.  It will let politicians know that;

·         8 years is not a given right but a reward for good governance.

·         it’s not the size of your campaign budget that matters but your track record

·         it’s not a function of your tribe but what you have to offer to the country

·         they are there to serve the people and not their party..as only the party members would not be able to re elect them into office.

This election is not about Jonathan and Buhari, but the future of Nigeria. Let’s look beyond the front runners. I believe APC will be like Obama. If they win, they will do all they can to make Nigeria better. They know that if they do not perform, they will never get into power again. We have also seen the good record in APC states.

In the case of Tinubu that some people are scared of, Under his reign, Lagos made progress, after him, he recommended Fashola. Fashola did very well. I’ve heard a lot of people make comments such as “If Fashola was APC’s flag bearer, they would have voted for him”. If Fashola was a stooge for Tinubu as some factions also claim, then Lagos is still making progress under Tinubu.

For those afraid of Buhari, Nigeria has gone past the stage of one man imposing his will on us. Obasanjo’s third Tenure bid is testament to that fact. You will agree with me that he has more influence than Buhari and Gej combined. He put Odili, Ibori and Alams in check even at a time when they had immunity. Even at that, he could not get a third term bid. So for all the propaganda about Islamizing Nigeria, sharia, ban the press, ban nairaland..its all hogwash.

Why vote Apc? Assuming PDP has 40% of the votes as the ruling party. It means 60 % is against them. Assuming 25% for APC, 30% don’t want either PDP or APC and 5% could care less. Come feb 14, PDP will remain in power, and its business as usual. Militants that were disarmed from speed boats only to be rearmed with warships keeps getting stronger, and the same negative trend continues.

This is why we must unite in our vote, to vote for change. Unite against whats wrong to set the pace for a new Nigeria, to send a clear message to the politicians that they are there to serve the nation and they must not let our trust down.

God bless Nigeria.

I have always been with Naija.
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by ebby9z(m): 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
michelz:
you're funny. What you see Osibanjo do is a credit to his principal, Buhari. All his actions are directed by Buhari. So don't make it look like Osibanjo is doing something else different from what Buhari would do. Moreover,it's the turn of northerners to rule,and they must complete their tenure.

This is a very shallow comment. Bereft of introspection and depth. So, why didn't the president do what Osibanjo has been doing before he travelled? Agreed, most actions of Osinbajo would be with the president's consent but he obviously hasn't been controlling totally
Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by woleainajnr(m): 7:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
Your bitterness is evident. I will however try to move beyond your bigotry decadent soul to ask you if you think that Nigerians made mistake by choosing PMB-PYO ahead of GEJ (the chief thief who brought Nigeria to its knees)?
Trut:

1 Like

Re: Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ioannes:
I get the gist of what you're saying.

He is like a breath of fresh air on the political landscape of Nigeria.

Nigerians denied Awolowo the opportunity to rule this country to greatness in the 80s

This is another opportunity before us.

We would be stupid indeed if this man is not made substantive president and also voted in for the next two terms after.

May God continue to guide Osinbajo to make the right choices for this nation.

Mu squared

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row / Regina Fani-Kayode: I’m Still Married To Fani-Kayode / Senate Confirms Yahaya Muhammad, Buhari Nominee ‘Started’ School Before Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.