Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) (57797 Views)

Video Of Hanan Buhari On The Presidential Jet, Waving. Shared By Aisha Buhari / What Buhari Said About Boko Haram Yesterday That Got People Talking / PMB Certificate Controversy: Shocking WAEC HQ Letter Shared By Reno Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by BuzChi(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
Yusuf54:
...Thks Man,Do u believe in all what was written in the Bible ?

My answer is Yes, i do believe in all what is written in the Bible since i now understand its only when God's Spirit reveals the word in the bible to you,you truly have received the power to live in that revelation.Its just a book actually, anyone can read it but since its inspired by God, deriving fruits from reading has more impact when you're a believer in Christ Jesus- but God still moves in people's heart to save them when they read though they're not believers.
Sometime ago, it was pretty hard to believe in most of them. But now understanding somethings in life and personal experiences i have gone through i now know that i'm truly from Father God and that i don't see some of these things physically is a reminder that everything u see is temporal and what you don't see is eternal-thereby it has more impact. When you desire something to be seen/manifest, its only by understanding that one can actually exercise his faith to manifest God's power. We're not just believers in Christ Jesus, but we're meant to manifest God's wisdom &power on earth.
The wickedness of people actually reminds me of how truly powerful God is because of what He is doing in me- He wants people to come back in relationship with him, our Father, and don't come to him with fear/intimidation because He loves us all. Tendency to wickedness/evil has gripped many people's hearts in a grave manner, and that's why God's interest is in sincere willingness without fear/intimidation for people to know& understand who they are and who He is to them &what He has done about any barrier to His relating with us, not what we have done.
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by greatjoey: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
Yusuf54:
...Is There Religion War in those Countries that u Mentioned above?
It aint just a religious war. It is Islamic fundamentalism.
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by greatjoey: 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
Yusuf54:
...Is There Religion War in those Countries that u Mentioned above?
Not just religious war but Islamic fundamentalism.
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
Yusuf54:
...He said u shall not see me,and that anyone that sees him SHALL DIE..Did Jacob Die when he wrestle with God in Genesis 32 vs 22-32 or did Moses Die when he spoke with God FACE TO FACE in Exodus 33 vs 11? Jacob and Moses existed before Jesus,,,And Jesus said,No Man has ever seen God,that God has made him to know this in John 1 vs 18,,,Are Moses and Jacob not Human Being?
Wrestle with God, yea right, that was an Angel like the one sent to destroy sodom and gomorrah, please!
Face to face used there is only a figure of speech to indicate how close God was to Moses, like i pointed out earlier go read Exodus 33: 18-23 and see all that transpired and stop trying to call God a liar.
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
kingsouthie:

Wrestle with God, yea right, that was an Angel like the one sent to destroy sodom and gomorrah, please!
Face to face used there is only a figure of speech to indicate how close God was to Moses, like i pointed out earlier go read Exodus 33: 18-23 and see all that transpired and stop trying to call God a liar.
...Dont u know what u r saying? What does Angel has to do with the fight between JACOB AND GOD,After their Fight JACOB SAID I HAVE SEEN GOD AND GOD HAS SAVED MY LIFE,,,:.2...Dont u know the Meaning of FACE TO FACE..Pls google search on it or ask the Brilliant Ones around you
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2017
greatjoey:

Not just religious war but Islamic fundamentalism.
..Islam is been practiced all over the World including Israel,Pls wake up,,,u still dont have point
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
BuzChi:

My answer is Yes, i do believe in all what is written in the Bible since i now understand its only when God's Spirit reveals the word in the bible to you,you truly have received the power to live in that revelation.Its just a book actually, anyone can read it but since its inspired by God, deriving fruits from reading has more impact when you're a believer in Christ Jesus- but God still moves in people's heart to save them when they read though they're not believers.
Sometime ago, it was pretty hard to believe in most of them. But now understanding somethings in life and personal experiences i have gone through i now know that i'm truly from Father God and that i don't see some of these things physically is a reminder that everything u see is temporal and what you don't see is eternal-thereby it has more impact. When you desire something to be seen/manifest, its only by understanding that one can actually exercise his faith to manifest God's power. We're not just believers in Christ Jesus, but we're meant to manifest God's wisdom &power on earth.
The wickedness of people actually reminds me of how truly powerful God is because of what He is doing in me- He wants people to come back in relationship with him, our Father, and don't come to him with fear/intimidation because He loves us all. Tendency to wickedness/evil has gripped many people's hearts in a grave manner, and that's why God's interest is in sincere willingness without fear/intimidation for people to know& understand who they are and who He is to them &what He has done about any barrier to His relating with us, not what we have done.
...I love ur response and ur words shows that u r a Knowledgeable Christian, Pls is Jesus God or Servant of God or Son of God or Son of Man or Prophet of God? Pls use Bible scriptures to back ur answer
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
ilynem:

Is there anything limiting him from being all of them?
...U Mean Jesus is a Servant of God, Son of God,Prophet of God and also at the Same time God...hmmmmmmmmm...that's funny
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by ilynem(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
Yusuf54:
...U Mean Jesus is a Servant of God, Son of God,Prophet of God and also at the Same time God...hmmmmmmmmm...that's funny
Why is it funny? I will have this discussion with you, but sometimes to learn, you have to unlearn. Yes you have been thought Islam probably since you were born, but you can't judge Christianity from the angle of Islam. You will get it wrong. So if you promise to have this discussion with an open mind, then we will go on and I will explain to you why he is all
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
Yusuf54:
...Dont u know what u r saying? What does Angel has to do with the fight between JACOB AND GOD,After their Fight JACOB SAID I HAVE SEEN GOD AND GOD HAS SAVED MY LIFE,,,:.2...Dont u know the Meaning of FACE TO FACE..Pls google search on it or ask the Brilliant Ones around you
if say i go to havard university and take a photoshot with the dean of students and u saw the pic and asked me about it, and i told you "i was in havard in the 70's", and you go on to tell the world im a havard alumni that would be a mistake of assumption on your path, i have already pointed to you Jacob wrestled with an angel but still....i realy dont think you have a comprehension problem sha you just dont want to accept the Truth, "figure of speech" still has a meaning in english language and u can pretend you dont know,thats your problem my friend...God Almighty is not a liar...
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 5:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
ilynem:

Why is it funny? I will have this discussion with you, but sometimes to learn, you have to unlearn. Yes you have been thought Islam probably since you were born, but you can't judge Christianity from the angle of Islam. You will get it wrong. So if you promise to have this discussion with an open mind, then we will go on and I will explain to you why he is all
...Pls go on My brother,am ready to learn from you
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
kingsouthie:

Hmmm if we were in arabia could yuh christian friends tell me more??

Would u like the entire world to be dominated and ruled by Islam?

Of course they would. You can't use others to define me bro. I am who i am, not what others think i am
As regards your second paragraph, its like me asking someone else "Would you like Buddhism to be dominated throughout the entire world"?
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2017
Tuham:

Of course they would. You can't use others to define me bro. I am who i am, not what others think i am
As regards your second paragraph, its like me asking someone else "Would you like Buddhism to be dominated throughout the entire world"?
my point is your friends are perhaps free and open with you so much because they are realy facing no "persecutions" as they would if they were in saudi, and you may not readily reach out to them so easily as well....i havent been there but with the little knowledge i have christians are supposed to be treated differently(harshly) in a state governed completely by sharia laws if im not mistaking and as such wouldnt freely relate with you if it were not so.
the 2nd part i believe is the ultimate goal of Islam; to rule the world under "one caliphate", and the means of achieving that may not be too far from the topic of discuss; "who is innocent and who can be considered as an infidel in Islam?"
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by ilynem(m): 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2017
Yusuf54:
...Pls go on My brother,am ready to learn from you
Lol. I am also hoping to learn from you. So first let us talk about the divinity of Jesus hense the trinity.
The father, the Son and the Holy spirit are one in Being but three in person. What does that mean? A being is who you are and a person is what you are. As a Being, you are Human but as a person you are Yusuf54.
Now I know you probably have an Imam or a teacher you respect a lot. As a person, he is Higher than you in the sense that he will tell you what to do and you will do it most times without question. But as a being, you are equal because just as he is Human, you too are human. Putting it better, you are equal in essence or substance but not equal in role (in the sense that he tells you what to do).
Now let's look at the Jesus and the Father. They are one (or equal) in being in the sense that they are both God. Just as the father is God, so is the son. But they are not equal (or one) in person. That is why you hear Jesus saying things like "my father is greater than me". Because it is Jesus' role to be submissive to the father. He answers to the father just as you answer to your Imam. And the Holy spirit answers to the both of them. So Jesus is the son of God (meaning son of the Father) and he is God meaning that he has the same substance or essence as the father.
Now when Jesus came on earth he took a human form. The first Bible verse I memorized was John 3:26. And it was just of recent I knew how rich and explanatory that verse is.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whosoever believes in Him (the Son) shall not perish but have everlasting life.
Remember I said the son's role is to be submissive to the Father, so it was the father's will to send the son to come on earth in human form. On earth Jesus took the role of a prophet and a servant of the father, doing the will of the father. Hence when he was praying he said " not my will but let thy will be done ". He took up the role of a servant cuz the Father sent Him. He took up the role of a prophet because he delivered the Father's message, prophesied of the coming of the Holy spirit and did many miracles. And at the end, when he died, he took on the role of the saviour. Taking our sins on his shoulders and dying on the cross for us. And finally, resurrected on the third day. And now he has ascended into heaven to be with the Father.
Did I make things clear or did I just blab? Be honest grin

2 Likes

Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by BuzChi(m): 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2017
Yusuf54:
...I love ur response and ur words shows that u r a Knowledgeable Christian, Pls is Jesus God or Servant of God or Son of God or Son of Man or Prophet of God? Pls use Bible scriptures to back ur answer

Hebrews 1:3, 2 Corinthians 4: 4 and John 1: 1 - 17 reveals that he is the word of God which is God that had to become flesh according to prophesy in Isaiah 7:14, also stated in Matthew 1:23. From John 10: 34-39, Jesus had to remind the jews of God's original idea of men, He spoke of Psalms 82:6, to properly reinforce who He is; one that proceeds from the Father! He's the Son of Man because He was completely man&divine which is why he could die in the first place (Matthew 17:9). This is why through 1 John 4:17 explains how we, those in earthly vessels that receive him, are like him as he is glorified forever in heaven (Ephesians. 1: 3 and Psalms 103: 1- 5).
So being a prophet and servant are just some attributes of his works, but his primary functions are 1 John 3: 8, 1 Thess. 5: 9 and Ephesians 1:13. An illustration to explain this is like a Doctor should be able to give injections but its not his primary duty that's why nurses/*prophets handle injections and other tasks which a doctor can still easily do.
In conclusion, being a servant and prophet is an attribute of his work, being a Son of God and Son of Man is for us, those that receive him, because He has actually made us sons and daughters of God since He partook of our humanity, thereby lifting us up to live in Him &like him. And being God is what made it possible in the first place to die for humanity. My conclusion may not be too logical but it's in my level of my understanding in Christ that i write this.

1 Like

Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
BuzChi:

Hebrews 1:3, 2 Corinthians 4: 4 and John 1: 1 - 17 reveals that he is the word of God which is God that had to become flesh according to prophesy in Isaiah 7:14, also stated in Matthew 1:23. From John 10: 34-39, Jesus had to remind the jews of God's original idea of men, He spoke of Psalms 82:6, to properly reinforce who He is; one that proceeds from the Father! He's the Son of Man because He was completely man&divine which is why he could die in the first place (Matthew 17:9). This is why through 1 John 4:17 explains how we, those in earthly vessels that receive him, are like him as he is glorified forever in heaven (Ephesians. 1: 3 and Psalms 103: 1- 5).
So being a prophet and servant are just some attributes of his works, but his primary functions are 1 John 3: 8, 1 Thess. 5: 9 and Ephesians 1:13. An illustration to explain this is like a Doctor should be able to give injections but its not his primary duty that's why nurses/*prophets handle injections and other tasks which a doctor can still easily do.
In conclusion, being a servant and prophet is an attribute of his work, being a Son of God and Son of Man is for us, those that receive him, because He has actually made us sons and daughters of God since He partook of our humanity, thereby lifting us up to live in Him &like him. And being God is what made it possible in the first place to die for humanity. My conclusion may not be too logical but it's in my level of my understanding in Christ that i write this.
...Only Two Persons prophecied correctly about Jesus,In Deuteronomy 18 vs 15-18,Moses said to the Israelites that the LORD your God would raise up a PROPHET LIKE ME for u,These Scriptures means that Jesus and Moses Must have things in common,They were both Priests,They were both Prophets of God,they were both servants of God,they were both a descendant of Amram and Jacob,they were both sent to the Israelites and they were both Messengers of God,This automatically disqualify Jesus from being the WORDS OF GOD AND THE SON OF GOD becos if Jesus had been the words of God and Son of God,these would have made him to be DIFFERENT FROM MOSES,The Second person that prophecied correctly about Jesus was Malachi in Malachi 3 vs 1,where he prophecied and Predicted the coming of Jesus and John as Messengers of God,,U would see that Moses and Malachi Prophecied the coming of Jesus as a Prophet and Messenger of God and not as son of God,,,..The Prophecy about Jesus can only be found in Old testament becos it was written before the existence of Jesus on earth,,,Isaiah never prophecied about Jesus and i will back my point with these scriptures in the Bible,NOTE, christ means Messiah,, Isaiah 2 vs 4,He says the Messiah must usher in an era of World peace,Isaiah 43 vs 5-6,Says the Messiah must gather all jews back to the land of Israel,Isaiah 53 vs 7,says the Messiah wouldn't alter any word while he was being tormented or Oppresed But according to the Gospel of John19 vs 28-30,Jesus altered some words while he was been tormented and oppresed.My Question now is that Did Jesus fulfill the Prophecy of Isaiah? I know u would want to say Jesus will fulfill Isaiah prophecy in his second coming BUT Jesus said in John 17 vs 4,That He have finished the work GOD gv him to do on earth,this scripture automatically rule out the second coming of Jesus..U also said that Jesus died for Humanity,Jesus never tot of dieing for humanity,The Gospel of John 18-14,AFTER JESUS HAD BEEN ARRESTED,HE WAS FIRST TAKEN TO ANNAS before he was taken to CAIAPHAS WHO ADVISED THE JEWS THAT ONE MAN/JESUS SHOULD DIE FOR THE PEOPLE/HUMANITY
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 12:03am On Mar 26, 2017
ilynem:

Lol. I am also hoping to learn from you. So first let us talk about the divinity of Jesus hense the trinity.
The father, the Son and the Holy spirit are one in Being but three in person. What does that mean? A being is who you are and a person is what you are. As a Being, you are Human but as a person you are Yusuf54.
Now I know you probably have an Imam or a teacher you respect a lot. As a person, he is Higher than you in the sense that he will tell you what to do and you will do it most times without question. But as a being, you are equal because just as he is Human, you too are human. Putting it better, you are equal in essence or substance but not equal in role (in the sense that he tells you what to do).
Now let's look at the Jesus and the Father. They are one (or equal) in being in the sense that they are both God. Just as the father is God, so is the son. But they are not equal (or one) in person. That is why you hear Jesus saying things like "my father is greater than me". Because it is Jesus' role to be submissive to the father. He answers to the father just as you answer to your Imam. And the Holy spirit answers to the both of them. So Jesus is the son of God (meaning son of the Father) and he is God meaning that he has the same substance or essence as the father.
Now when Jesus came on earth he took a human form. The first Bible verse I memorized was John 3:26. And it was just of recent I knew how rich and explanatory that verse is.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whosoever believes in Him (the Son) shall not perish but have everlasting life.
Remember I said the son's role is to be submissive to the Father, so it was the father's will to send the son to come on earth in human form. On earth Jesus took the role of a prophet and a servant of the father, doing the will of the father. Hence when he was praying he said " not my will but let thy will be done ". He took up the role of a servant cuz the Father sent Him. He took up the role of a prophet because he delivered the Father's message, prophesied of the coming of the Holy spirit and did many miracles. And at the end, when he died, he took on the role of the saviour. Taking our sins on his shoulders and dying on the cross for us. And finally, resurrected on the third day. And now he has ascended into heaven to be with the Father.
Did I make things clear or did I just blab? Be honest grin
..The Gospel of John 3 vs 16 that u quoted Says For God do love the World that he gave his only Son, BUT according to Jeremiah 31 vs 9,Ephraim is God FirstBorn and also in Exodus 4 vs 22,Jacob is God First born, My question is,Who is the Only son of God among Ephraim,Jacob and Jesus? ....U also said that Jesus Christ Prophecied the coming of d Holy Spirit,BUT the Holy Spirit had been existing before the Birth and the coming of Jesus christ according to the following Scriptures : LUKE 1 VS 15,JOHN was filled with the Holy Spirit before and after the birth of Jesus, Luke 1 vs 67, Zechariah was filled with Holy Spirit, Luke 2 vs 25,Says Simeone was filled with Holy Spirit, and Luke 11 vs 13 made us to know that Holy Spirit can only be obtained thru prayer,..The Holy Spirit had been existing before the existence of Jesus Christ on earth
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by BuzChi(m): 12:49am On Mar 26, 2017
Yusuf54:
...Only Two Persons prophecied correctly about Jesus,In Deuteronomy 18 vs 15-18,Moses said to the Israelites that the LORD your God would raise up a PROPHET LIKE ME for u,These Scriptures means that Jesus and Moses Must have things in common,They were both Priests,They were both Prophets of God,they were both servants of God,they were both a descendant of Amram and Jacob,they were both sent to the Israelites and they were both Messengers of God,This automatically disqualify Jesus from being the WORDS OF GOD AND THE SON OF GOD becos if Jesus had been the words of God and Son of God,these would have made him to be DIFFERENT FROM MOSES,The Second person that prophecied correctly about Jesus was Malachi in Malachi 3 vs 1,where he prophecied and Predicted the coming of Jesus and John as Messengers of God,,U would see that Moses and Malachi Prophecied the coming of Jesus as a Prophet and Messenger of God and not as son of God,,,..The Prophecy about Jesus can only be found in Old testament becos it was written before the existence of Jesus on earth,,,Isaiah never prophecied about Jesus and i will back my point with these scriptures in the Bible,NOTE, christ means Messiah,, Isaiah 2 vs 4,He says the Messiah must usher in an era of World peace,Isaiah 43 vs 5-6,Says the Messiah must gather all jews back to the land of Israel,Isaiah 53 vs 7,says the Messiah wouldn't alter any word while he was being tormented or Oppresed But according to the Gospel of John19 vs 28-30,Jesus altered some words while he was been tormented and oppresed.My Question now is that Did Jesus fulfill the Prophecy of Isaiah? I know u would want to say Jesus will fulfill Isaiah prophecy in his second coming BUT Jesus said in John 17 vs 4,That He have finished the work GOD gv him to do on earth,this scripture automatically rule out the second coming of Jesus..U also said that Jesus died for Humanity,Jesus never tot of dieing for humanity,The Gospel of John 18-14,AFTER JESUS HAD BEEN ARRESTED,HE WAS FIRST TAKEN TO ANNAS before he was taken to CAIAPHAS WHO ADVISED THE JEWS THAT ONE MAN/JESUS SHOULD DIE FOR THE PEOPLE/HUMANITY

Yusuf, i appreciate your explanations here but if you actually read through all the biblical references you would answer some of your points here. You are trying to indicate the messiah, Christ, is not Jesus and he didn't die for man. Your quotation from Isaiah is accurate, as well as John 19:28-30 fulfills Psalms 69:21b and i do not embrace the fact that i am right and you are wrong or vice versa-its not what i desire. Review the biblical references i gave in my initial replies carefully, if you still feel the same way on your points then we go from there, but not to engage in unnecessarily long argumentative discussion- it would be fruitless embarassed!
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by ilynem(m): 12:50am On Mar 26, 2017
Yusuf54:
..The Gospel of John 3 vs 16 that u quoted Says For God do love the World that he gave his only Son, BUT according to Jeremiah 31 vs 9,Ephraim is God FirstBorn and also in Exodus 4 vs 22,Jacob is God First born, My question is,Who is the Only son of God among Ephraim,Jacob and Jesus? ....U also said that Jesus Christ Prophecied the coming of d Holy Spirit,BUT the Holy Spirit had been existing before the Birth and the coming of Jesus christ according to the following Scriptures : LUKE 1 VS 15,JOHN was filled with the Holy Spirit before and after the birth of Jesus, Luke 1 vs 67, Zechariah was filled with Holy Spirit, Luke 2 vs 25,Says Simeone was filled with Holy Spirit, and Luke 11 vs 13 made us to know that Holy Spirit can only be obtained thru prayer,..The Holy Spirit had been existing before the existence of Jesus Christ on earth
I really should warm myself up for you. Lol. Let's look at exodus 4:22. Looking at the context, it was God sending moses to Pharaoh. What did the verse say?
And you will say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says Yahweh, Israel is my firstborn son; 4:23 and I say to you, Let my son go that he may serve me, but if you refuse to let him go, then I will surely kill your firstborn son’.”
Now that verse isn't talking about Jacob as a person but the people of Israel as a group. God was trying to say that Israel is his special people, the people He has chosen not that Jacob (as in the man) is His first born son. So he is referring to the people of Israel as a whole. Now let's look at Jeremiah 31: 9. Again context is very important. What does the verse say?
"They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn."
Now let us recall that Joseph had two sons. Manasseh and Ephraim. Manasseh was the first born but Jacob bestowed the blessing of the first born on Ephraim. This is God just confirming the first sonship of Ephraim. Even though Manasseh came first, Ephraim is my first born because Israel bestowed the blessings of first born on him.
David is even called the firstborn too. But that is taken as preeminence, just a sign that David has a special place. God called him the first born and said he is exalted above all kings.
What does this tell us, the term firstborn is used in the Bible mainly to show special status to some group of people or persons. Whether it be Israel over all other tribes, Ephraim over Manasseh or David over other Kings.
Now, no other person was called the "begotten son of God". This alone was given to Jesus.
Now talking about Holy spirit. Of course the Holy spirit was on earth, but it never dwelled inside us. John got filled with the Holy spirit but it never dwelled inside him. Jesus prophesy was that the holy spirit will not only be with us, but it will dwell inside us. Let's look at John 14:16-17:
16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Notice the last line of verse 17. But ye know him (that is they know Him already, He is nothing strange). For he dwelleth with you ( present tense. It means the holy spirit is already dwelling with them), and shall be in you. (Future tense. That means even though he dwells with them he is not in them. So the promise is that He shall be in us.) What's the difference you might ask? The holy spirit is God's working force. In the old dispensation, God worked through His spirit. But now, we are carriers of God's spirit. Its in us. Once we are born again and we ask for His spirit, it comes and dwells in us. And trust me, that's a wonderful experience because Satan can't come near a man who carries the spirit of God in him.
PS: I am actually scared of your next question, but bring it on. grin
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 8:47am On Mar 26, 2017
ilynem:

I really should warm myself up for you. Lol. Let's look at exodus 4:22. Looking at the context, it was God sending moses to Pharaoh. What did the verse say?
And you will say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says Yahweh, Israel is my firstborn son; 4:23 and I say to you, Let my son go that he may serve me, but if you refuse to let him go, then I will surely kill your firstborn son’.”
Now that verse isn't talking about Jacob as a person but the people of Israel as a group. God was trying to say that Israel is his special people, the people He has chosen not that Jacob (as in the man) is His first born son. So he is referring to the people of Israel as a whole. Now let's look at Jeremiah 31: 9. Again context is very important. What does the verse say?
"They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn."
Now let us recall that Joseph had two sons. Manasseh and Ephraim. Manasseh was the first born but Jacob bestowed the blessing of the first born on Ephraim. This is God just confirming the first sonship of Ephraim. Even though Manasseh came first, Ephraim is my first born because Israel bestowed the blessings of first born on him.
David is even called the firstborn too. But that is taken as preeminence, just a sign that David has a special place. God called him the first born and said he is exalted above all kings.
What does this tell us, the term firstborn is used in the Bible mainly to show special status to some group of people or persons. Whether it be Israel over all other tribes, Ephraim over Manasseh or David over other Kings.
Now, no other person was called the "begotten son of God". This alone was given to Jesus.
Now talking about Holy spirit. Of course the Holy spirit was on earth, but it never dwelled inside us. John got filled with the Holy spirit but it never dwelled inside him. Jesus prophesy was that the holy spirit will not only be with us, but it will dwell inside us. Let's look at John 14:16-17:
16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Notice the last line of verse 17. But ye know him (that is they know Him already, He is nothing strange). For he dwelleth with you ( present tense. It means the holy spirit is already dwelling with them), and shall be in you. (Future tense. That means even though he dwells with them he is not in them. So the promise is that He shall be in us.) What's the difference you might ask? The holy spirit is God's working force. In the old dispensation, God worked through His spirit. But now, we are carriers of God's spirit. Its in us. Once we are born again and we ask for His spirit, it comes and dwells in us. And trust me, that's a wonderful experience because Satan can't come near a man who carries the spirit of God in him.
PS: I am actually scared of your next question, but bring it on. grin
....Who would know much about who Jesus was between Mary,Jesus Mother and His Disciples and show me the Verse where Mary called his Son,Jesus the begotten Son of God? For Someone to have been filled with Holy Spirit means the Holy spirit dwelled in him/her,Are u saying the Holy Spirit didn't dwell with these People;Abraham,Jacob,Moses,Ezra,Elijah,Enoch,Zechariah ?..For someone to have been filled with the Holy Spirit means the Holy Spirit dwelled with him/her and Luke 11 vs 13 made us know that the Holy Spirit can be obtained through Prayer and People have even been Praying to God before the existence of Jesus Christ on earth,:..The Authors of the New testament dont really know Much about Jesus,let me take you to the Gospel of Matthew 27 vs 44,Matthew says two Criminals taunted Jesus while on the cross But Luke 23 vs 39-42,says Only one Criminal taunted Jesus.,,When Jesus Had given up on the cross, Matthew 27 vs 54,says Centurion words after Jesus had given up was TRULY THIS MAN WAS THE SON OF GOD, But Luke 23 vs 47,Centurion said TRULY THIS MAN WAS RIGHTEOUS....say something on these
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 9:00am On Mar 26, 2017
BuzChi:

Yusuf, i appreciate your explanations here but if you actually read through all the biblical references you would answer some of your points here. You are trying to indicate the messiah, Christ, is not Jesus and he didn't die for man. Your quotation from Isaiah is accurate, as well as John 19:28-30 fulfills Psalms 69:21b and i do not embrace the fact that i am right and you are wrong or vice versa-its not what i desire. Review the biblical references i gave in my initial replies carefully, if you still feel the same way on your points then we go from there, but not to engage in unnecessarily long argumentative discussion- it would be fruitless embarassed!
...I accepted the Fact that Jesus Is the Messiah and Al Quran also confirmed it..What I was tryn to say is that Isaiah prophecy about/on Jesus was not accurate....I want you to tell me the Religion that has fulfilled this Biblical scripture...ZEPHANIAH 3 VS 9,SAYS GOD WILL CHANGE THE SPEECH OF THE PEOPLE TO A PURE SPEECH/LANGUAGE,THAT ALL OF THEM MAY CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD AND SERVE HIM WITH ONE ACCORD...
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by rufychuks: 9:50am On Mar 26, 2017
Kbs468:

And that is where the problem is. Are you a kufr?
The misconception has been the failure to understand who a kufr is. Kufr means an unbeliever in the Oneness of God.

In case you don't know, Christians are not kufr because they believe in God. kufr are Idolators practicing during the time of Prophet Muhammad when the message was revealed to him.

So the word cannot apply to the present day Christians and that is the problem of the so called terrorists and non Muslim that have access to the Qur'an since they don't read and understand it in spirit.
So, Hindus, Buddhists and Atheists can be killed?
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by ilynem(m): 10:46am On Mar 26, 2017
Yusuf54:
....Who would know much about who Jesus was between Mary,Jesus Mother and His Disciples and show me the Verse where Mary called his Son,Jesus the begotten Son of God? For Someone to have been filled with Holy Spirit means the Holy spirit dwelled in him/her,Are u saying the Holy Spirit didn't dwell with these People;Abraham,Jacob,Moses,Ezra,Elijah,Enoch,Zechariah ?..For someone to have been filled with the Holy Spirit means the Holy Spirit dwelled with him/her and Luke 11 vs 13 made us know that the Holy Spirit can be obtained through Prayer and People have even been Praying to God before the existence of Jesus Christ on earth,:..The Authors of the New testament dont really know Much about Jesus,let me take you to the Gospel of Matthew 27 vs 44,Matthew says two Criminals taunted Jesus while on the cross But Luke 23 vs 39-42,says Only one Criminal taunted Jesus.,,When Jesus Had given up on the cross, Matthew 27 vs 54,says Centurion words after Jesus had given up was TRULY THIS MAN WAS THE SON OF GOD, But Luke 23 vs 47,Centurion said TRULY THIS MAN WAS RIGHTEOUS....say something on these
You know why we deride Catholics for "honouring" Mary? She was a righteous Woman, no doubt. Probably the most righteous of her time, but she was just an envelop in which a letter was delivered with. When you take out the letter, you don't keep the envelop. The envelope has performed its duty. Mary's duty was to be the instrument in which Jesus came on earth. Not taking anything away from her, but that was all she was. Now, you should realise that the gospels are according to Matthew, Luke, Mark and John. And these took into account probably 10% of his early life when he was with His mother and 90% of the 3 years of His prophet hood. The gospels weren't concentrated on Jesus growing up but mostly on his ministry which was most important. Mary is human and I believe many times she forgot Jesus' real purpose for being born. Sometimes she must have been caught in euphoria of "my son" when in the real sense she was just an envelope to deliver the Son of God to earth. An example is when Jesus at 12 got lost and they found him the temple. Her motherly instincts kicked in because she was all full of worry for "her son", but what did Jesus say to her? "Why are you searching for me? Don't you know I will be in my father's House?" Luke 2:49.
So in conclusion, if there was a gospel according to Mary, maybe we will see her call him by that name. But there were little recorded conversations between Mary and Jesus or Mary and any other person about Jesus.
As for the Holy spirit, there is a difference between being filled by the Holy spirit and carrying it permanently. Anyone who performs miracles gets filled by the holy spirit when he prays for it. But in this new dispensation, being a believer is the only ticket you need. Once you are a believer you carry the spirit of God in you. It dwells in you forever. You are still confusing the words "with" and "in". In the whole of the old testament, whenever you see a righteous man, you will see " God was with him", never "God was in him". That's why 1 Corinthians 6:19 says that our bodies are the temple of the Holy spirit.
Let me now break it down. The spirit was with them before the death and resurrection. If they wanted to perform wonders, they pray for the spirit to be in them and the spirit goes in them and performs wonders through them but does not dwell in them. But now we carry the spirit wherever we go. Communicating with the spirit at all times. We now enjoy that special relationship.
Now for your supposed " contradictions " in the Bible. I was debating with a Muslim on nairaland some time ago and he kept telling me about weak and strong hadiths. So I decided to take a look on how these hadiths are ranked in the order of strong to weak. So I found out something. Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim are probably your strongest hadiths. But you will agree with me that both Hadiths do not carry the same record. They may carry similar but never the same. Have you wondered why we have four and not one Gospel? If the four carried the same things, then we could have as well thrown three away and just kept one. You people tend to judge the Bible with the Koran and I have to say that's not fair. You believe that the Koran is the perfect word of God as revealed to Muhammad (we will debate this later) but the Bible is not just the word of God, but it is also a history Book, it contains poetry, its a manual for life and you will be surprised that any question about present day life, the solution can be found in the Bible.
Now for the fact that it is a historical account, the historical parts are human written like your Hadiths. You can't have four people give the same account of an event and expect it to be exact. It is not possible. Whether they are eye witnesses or not. But even though accounts might differ in insignificant details, the message of all four gospels is the same and that is the importance of the gospels. There are parts of the Bible that are not historical accounts but clearly God inspired writings for our admonition like the letters of Paul and the revelations of John the beloved.
Please let me know if you made sense of my long explanation. Next question.
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by olayinka63: 10:59am On Mar 26, 2017
Amberon:
Potential murderer. Terrorist in the making.
If your statement had been true, and applies to all Muslims in Nigeria, you will be nowhere to be found. So, grow up and think maturely . Transit yourself from educated illiterate.
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
Yusuf54:
My paddy Yusuf why are just like this nao?whats all this petty issue about the 2nd prophet being like Moses? A Prophet like me only means a Prophet with similar calling, not that the Prophet should be like him physically, or was Prophet Mohammed drawn from a river also? Was he a stammerer? Leave those personal trivial aspects, they are non-consequential to the Calling, A Prophet like me only means a Prophet to Liberate the Children of God from bondage like he did and the Messiah Also, not a prophet that should be like me physically or something...
Isaiah 2 talks about the last days, infact in verse 2 it talks about the mountain of Gods House being established on top of other mountains...please where is this mountain?it actually refers to Government of God overcoming every other government in the Last days and from then on there would be Peace in the World
And about Jesus uttering any word or not, Jesus Christ had 2answer some questions asked by the persecutors but He did not protest against the persecution like any innocent person should which is what that verse means
He prayed Let this cup pass me by...and said "it is finished"...that aspect of suffering and dying for the sins of man was finished there and then
Not only did he prophesy how he would die to save all, he also prophesied His ressurection, John 3:14-15, Matt 16:21, 20: 17-19...
And btw about Zephaniah 3:9 you think Islam fits in, what about the sunnis and shia bombing each others mosque?Islam hasnt conquered half of the world yet and you want to claim fulfilled prophesybros calm down, it refers to the end of the world and a the New Earth after this present one is destroyed
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by BuzChi(m): 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
Yusuf54:
...I accepted the Fact that Jesus Is the Messiah and Al Quran also confirmed it..What I was tryn to say is that Isaiah prophecy about/on Jesus was not accurate....I want you to tell me the Religion that has fulfilled this Biblical scripture...ZEPHANIAH 3 VS 9,SAYS GOD WILL CHANGE THE SPEECH OF THE PEOPLE TO A PURE SPEECH/LANGUAGE,THAT ALL OF THEM MAY CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD AND SERVE HIM WITH ONE ACCORD...
With respect to your earlier point on isaiah prophesy, Jesus second coming would not be as the "lamb to the slaughter"-Is. 53:7, Rev. 5:8; but it would be in His Majesty that everyone would seen Joel 2:30 and also the scriptures in Malachi you mentioned. I may not want to repeat myself much about my answers about Immanuel and Isaiah prophesy on that. And Jesus all throughout the book of John, Matth., Luke &Mark, Jesus always reminded his disciples of his death so they wouldn't be surprised that's why Peter was tempted to condemn him and Jesus replied him in Matthew 16: 22-24. He was meant to bring spiritual children to God as stated in John 8 during the conversation to the Samaritan woman. This was why most of his disciples were confused initially because they thought he came to destroy Israel enemies as written, but they didn't know God's heart is for his spiritual children as well- i did explain some points earlier on natural first, then spiritual.
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
BuzChi:

With respect to your earlier point on isaiah prophesy, Jesus second coming would not be as the "lamb to the slaughter"-Is. 53:7, Rev. 5:8; but it would be in His Majesty that everyone would seen Joel 2:30 and also the scriptures in Malachi you mentioned. I may not want to repeat myself much about my answers about Immanuel and Isaiah prophesy on that. And Jesus all throughout the book of John, Matth., Luke &Mark, Jesus always reminded his disciples of his death so they wouldn't be surprised that's why Peter was tempted to condemn him and Jesus replied him in Matthew 16: 22-24. He was meant to bring spiritual children to God as stated in John 8 during the conversation to the Samaritan woman. This was why most of his disciples were confused initially because they thought he came to destroy Israel enemies as written, but they didn't know God's heart is for his spiritual children as well- i did explain some points earlier on natural first, then spiritual.
...Pls explain these Scriptures...No1. John 17 vs 4 No2, Matthew 27 vs 54 and Luke 23 vs 47. No3, Matthew 27 vs 46-50,Luke 23 vs 46 and John 19 vs 30. No4, Matthew 27 vs 44 and Luke 23 vs 39-42.. Pls Comments on questions 1,2, 3 and 4 and Compare the Scriptures in Question 2,3 and 4
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
kingsouthie:

My paddy Yusuf why are just like this nao?whats all this petty issue about the 2nd prophet being like Moses? A Prophet like me only means a Prophet with similar calling, not that the Prophet should be like him physically, or was Prophet Mohammed drawn from a river also? Was he a stammerer? Leave those personal trivial aspects, they are non-consequential to the Calling, A Prophet like me only means a Prophet to Liberate the Children of God from bondage like he did and the Messiah Also, not a prophet that should be like me physically or something...
Isaiah 2 talks about the last days, infact in verse 2 it talks about the mountain of Gods House being established on top of other mountains...please where is this mountain?it actually refers to Government of God overcoming every other government in the Last days and from then on there would be Peace in the World
And about Jesus uttering any word or not, Jesus Christ had 2answer some questions asked by the persecutors but He did not protest against the persecution like any innocent person should which is what that verse means
He prayed Let this cup pass me by...and said "it is finished"...that aspect of suffering and dying for the sins of man was finished there and then
Not only did he prophesy how he would die to save all, he also prophesied His ressurection, John 3:14-15, Matt 16:21, 20: 17-19...
And btw about Zephaniah 3:9 you think Islam fits in, what about the sunnis and shia bombing each others mosque?Islam hasnt conquered half of the world yet and you want to claim fulfilled prophesybros calm down, it refers to the end of the world and a the New Earth after this present one is destroyed
...Ok my Fwend...But Zephaniah 3 vs 9,was talking about using a pure Language to worship God in one accord,,,No1, Can these people, Hausa Man,Ibo Man,French Man,Spanish Man,Yoruba Man,Latin Man,Greek Man and English Man Pray under the Same roof in Christianity? No 2,Pls help me and compare these Scriptures and tell me why The DISCIPLES said different things about Jesus last words while on the Cross,,Matthew 27 vs 46-50, Luke 23 vs 46 and John 19 vs 30. No3,Only Luke and Paul talked about the Ascension of Jesus,and Why didn't other Disciples write something on Jesus Ascension? Luke 24 vs 51 says Jesus Ascension took place in Bethany While Acts 1 vs 9-12 says Jesus Ascension took place in Mount Olivet..Why did they differ in Jesus Ascension? I hope to hearing from you soon My Brother
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
Yusuf54:
...Ok my Fwend...But Zephaniah 3 vs 9,was talking about using a pure Language to worship God in one accord,,,No1, Can these people, Hausa Man,Ibo Man,French Man,Spanish Man,Yoruba Man,Latin Man,Greek Man and English Man Pray under the Same roof in Christianity? No 2,Pls help me and compare these Scriptures and tell me why The DISCIPLES said different things about Jesus last words while on the Cross,,Matthew 27 vs 46-50, Luke 23 vs 46 and John 19 vs 30. No3,Only Luke and Paul talked about the Ascension of Jesus,and Why didn't other Disciples write something on Jesus Ascension? Luke 24 vs 51 says Jesus Ascension took place in Bethany While Acts 1 vs 9-12 says Jesus Ascension took place in Mount Olivet..Why did they differ in Jesus Ascension? I hope to hearing from you soon My Brother
Well about worshiping God in one lang, it may actually be impossible on earth but in the Life After its definitely possible as written in Rev 7:9-17
The discrepancies in details among the Books of The Gospel portrays the fact the authors were working independently, while the exact words and events may have been narrated differently it still doesnt take away the central theme which is Salvation through Christ.
I believe after Prophet Mohammed died and the Quran was being compiled there where also different accounts right?that doesnt change his message in entirety or does it?its up to you to focus on what u realy think is important which depends on what you actually seek
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
kingsouthie:

my point is your friends are perhaps free and open with you so much because they are realy facing no "persecutions" as they would if they were in saudi, and you may not readily reach out to them so easily as well....i havent been there but with the little knowledge i have christians are supposed to be treated differently(harshly) in a state governed completely by sharia laws if im not mistaking and as such wouldnt freely relate with you if it were not so.
the 2nd part i believe is the ultimate goal of Islam; to rule the world under "one caliphate", and the means of achieving that may not be too far from the topic of discuss; "who is innocent and who can be considered as an infidel in Islam?"

You're just finding one or two excuses which ain't gonna work. Ah don't have christians as friends only, but they exist in my family too so it ain't fun to me either.
And regards that your second part, "Religion is all about what you believe in" and you don't force someone else to believe in what you believe, they do from their heart

Meanwhile congratulations! You are the first person from the other side i've talked in great length with, regarding Religion here on Nairaland grin
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Yusuf54: 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
kingsouthie:

Well about worshiping God in one lang, it may actually be impossible on earth but in the Life After its definitely possible as written in Rev 7:9-17
The discrepancies in details among the Books of The Gospel portrays the fact the authors were working independently, while the exact words and events may have been narrated differently it still doesnt take away the central theme which is Salvation through Christ.
I believe after Prophet Mohammed died and the Quran was being compiled there where also different accounts right?that doesnt change his message in entirety or does it?its up to you to focus on what u realy think is important which depends on what you actually seek
...Al Quran has never changed,But the Muslims are praying with One Language all over the World
Re: Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
Yusuf54:
...Al Quran has never changed,But the Muslims are praying with One Language all over the World
my friend you are mixing things up again, if you take a step back to verse 7 of Zeph 3 u would see it actually refers to events happening after the Judgement day of The Lord.
I didnt say The Quran changed, i meant during the compilation there were different accounts of events by different authors from which the most credible accounts were selected to make The Quran or am i wrong on that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally / Governor Wike Kissing His Wife, Eberechi / ''Are You A Bouncer Or Senator' - Dino Melaye Asked As He Shares New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.