Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally (56990 Views)

Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 12:37am On Jan 09, 2015
The governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola, has dismissed the speech presented by President Goodluck Jonathan at the inauguration of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, campaign, in Lagos on Wednesday, saying it had become obvious that the president could no longer rule the country.

Speaking in Benin City, the Edo State capital on Thursday during the Edo Town Hall meeting, the governor said the president spent close to an hour delivering his speech without being able to explain what he had done in the last six years had been in power or what he would do if re-elected.
Mr. Fashola, who spoke after the vice presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Femi Osinbajo, unfolded the party’s programme, said Mr. Jonathan did not only exhibit unnecessary anger but was critical of his predecessor without unfolding his plan for the country.

“Today, you have listened to a vice presidential candidate telling you in 29 minutes many things you will never hear at a rally because the time for such discussions doesn’t exist for many Nigerian want to interrogate people making empty promises, the governor said.

“But we chose to be different because we are bustling with ideas. We know ideas can change things. He (Osinbajo) has spoken to you for 29 minutes. He has been on this assignment for only three weeks and he has discussed power with you, he has discussed employment with you, he has discussed agriculture with you, he has discussed welfare scheme, health care, youth development with you without reading any speech. He has been there for three weeks only and he has not been yet elected.

“Now what is on the other side (PDP), because I spent about an hour listening to the president in my state? For almost the same period I saw a very angry president. I saw a president who is lamenting about people judging his performance and blaming all those who ruled before him, forgetting that he has been on this job for six years.

“And he kept saying ‘they say we don’t have a plan’ and for almost 45 minutes he did not reveal a plan on security, he did not reveal a plan on corruption. I listened to him. Now after six years without being able to articulate what he has done and what he will do but blaming everybody and forgetting that he is the Commander-in-Chief. If the kitchen is becoming too hot as it’s becoming obvious he must get out of it.”

Mr. Fashola, a member of the APC, who will complete his second tenure as governor in May, said the coming election would be about job approval.

He said, “This election is going to be about job approval. It is not about where you come from; it is not about how young he is; it is job approval after six years. Are you happy with your situation?
“So if after six years he has not been able to explain to you what he is doing with your time, with your resource – 52 % revenue formula, do you want to continue another four years.”

The governor said unlike the PDP presidential candidate, Mr. Osinbajo was a man who had not done the job but able to explain his party’s agenda just three weeks after he was named a vice presidential running mate.

He said he knew Mr. Osinbajo very well having served as attorney general and commissioner for justice in the administration of former Governor Bola Tinubu the same time he (Fashola) served as Chief of Staff.

“I know this man. He was AG of Lagos State when I was Chief of Staff to Governor Tinubu. People have introduced him as a pastor, yes he is. But he is also a professor of law. He became a professor at 33 or so. So he has taught many lawyers and he still teaches. He also goes to court and he still preaches religion. That is the versatility of the man,” he said.

“What many people do not know, which the PDP people agreed – God bless the soul of Late Umaru Yar’Adua, who said the election that brought him to power was flawed they rigged everything that was ‘riggable’. It was Professesor Osinbajo that challenged all of us saying ‘we can’t let this thing go without a challenge.

Let us go and go get forensic expert because I believe that the ballot papers was thumb-printed not by legitimate voters and he brought somebody and one by one it showed where either the same person voted 100 times… they used palm kernel. That is the capacity of the man who wants to be your vice president.”
Earlier, Mr. Osinbajo had asked the audience to vote for change in the coming election.

“We must change everything that affects us in Nigeria and this is our opportunity. February 14, 2015 is that opportunity. We have no choice but to make a change. There is no time to waste. We have a great opportunity to change this country,” he said amid cheers from the audience.

The APC vice presidential running mate said the priority of the APC “is first employment because we need to get the young people back to work”.
He said, “If we continue at the rate we are going, we will have more people out of work; we would have doubled the people out of work now by 2016. We are churning out people from the university and institutions but we are not engaging them. It is important that we find solution.”

Mr. Osinbajo explained that the party’s manifesto has outlined how it would tackle the power challenge, education, and other issues.
He said, “Let us not assume that running this country is rocket science, that running this country is difficult. It is not. Other countries that have less resources than us are well run. All we need to do is to put people who know. I pray that God gives us the opportunity to run this country and the country will be unrecognisable in one year.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174535-fashola-lambasts-jonathan-speech-lagos-pdp-rally.html

316 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by SeverusSnape(m): 12:39am On Jan 09, 2015
Season of "blasting"...Let them blast themselves to Oblivion.

36 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Freelancer00(m): 12:44am On Jan 09, 2015
What better way could this have been said? No plan, all badmouthing

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by jovie50: 12:45am On Jan 09, 2015
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

* I have never seen any school built in his name. * I have never seen any borehole constructed by him. * There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him. * I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization. * No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. * Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved himself since his exit from office. * No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing. * The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station. * He never champion for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home again? * No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to any organization, group or association. * No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night. * The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge will end if he is elected''? Abeg GEJ till 2019

286 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by mex22: 12:48am On Jan 09, 2015
2phased individual. Why clapping then, when you detest everything about him.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by padeolu: 1:01am On Jan 09, 2015
mex22:
2phased individual. Why clapping then, when you detest everything about him.
they are cheering him as he takes a bow out of aso rock.

see his face sef. clueless at default.

265 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 1:03am On Jan 09, 2015
Na politics be that. You must respect the office of your opposition in power whether you detest his policies or not. So no hating here

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 1:07am On Jan 09, 2015
If the kitchen is to hot for you get out grin grin grin Fashiola master.
Schooling our presido.

Eko oni baje o!

146 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 1:10am On Jan 09, 2015
jovie50:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

* I have never seen any school built in his name. * I have never seen any borehole constructed by him. * There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him. * I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization. * No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. * Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved himself since his exit from office. * No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing. * The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station. * He never champion for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home again? * No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to any organization, group or association. * No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night. * The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge will end if he is elected''? Abeg GEJ till 2019

He is the next president of Nigeria come February 14. Once it happens I wonder what some PDP addict will do.
#BEWAREOFKIRIKIRI

375 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 1:19am On Jan 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Season of "blasting"...Let them blast themselves to Oblivion.

Continuous blasting. A Governor schooling A president. Hmmm Nigeria I hail grin grin grin

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 1:20am On Jan 09, 2015
padeolu:

grin grin grin so true

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by menesheh(m): 1:25am On Jan 09, 2015
He will continue blasting till election finish.

He should have emerged the APC Presidential candidate instead of this semi illiterate

GEJ TILL

Fashola
Buhari
Tinubu
All APC members

Start crying.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by ikweremilitant: 1:36am On Jan 09, 2015
padeolu:

aso rock is no longer meant for cattle rearers and amala swallowing rascals.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by SeverusSnape(m): 1:37am On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

Continuous blasting. A Governor schooling A president. Hmmm Nigeria I hail grin grin grin
Only in this country, Just because of party affiliation.

4 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by padeolu: 2:00am On Jan 09, 2015
ikweremilitant:
lol its now meant for the clueless drunken fishermen abi? ogbonna dey ur head.

Bruv, Nigeria is for us all, as much as GEJ is eligible to occupy the aso villa for the next four years, so also is the "amala rascal" and "cattle rearer". Go thumb print come febuhari 14 and leave the rest to inec.

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 2:11am On Jan 09, 2015
padeolu:
lol its now meant for the clueless drunken fishermen abi? ogbonna dey ur head.

Bruv, Nigeria is for us all, as much as GEJ is eligible to occupy the aso villa for the next four years, so also is the "amala rascal" and "cattle rearer". Go thumb print come febuhari 14 and leave the rest to inec.

A beg help me ask him o! Everyone is eligible to via for presidency as a citizen

20 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 2:14am On Jan 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Only in this country, Just because of party affiliation.

He pointed some hard truth which you didn't refute. Why didn't he tell us what he will do for security, power, unemployment, e.t.c if he is elected. Or is this not the major issue on ground in Nigeria not worth addressing.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 2:16am On Jan 09, 2015
ikweremilitant:

I want to believe you said this without ethnicity and racism. Please check your post and tell me you are not racist

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 2:20am On Jan 09, 2015
menesheh:
He will continue blasting till election finish.

He should have emerged the APC Presidential candidate instead of this semi illiterate

GEJ TILL

Fashola
Buhari
Tinubu
All APC members

Start crying.

GEJ till...GEJ Till all this for a president who may not be honesty with you. If that you are among the chibok girls missing maybe you will think differently. When your GEJ tells you because of security he cannot come to borno.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by padeolu: 2:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

A beg help me ask him o! Everyone is eligible to via for presidency as a citizen
don't mind the ikwerre boy, he thinks his lone vote is enough to make GEJ return to aso villa. Rather than form ally with other region, they think they can insult, abuse and bully us into voting for them. igba die lo Ku, o ma to ye yin.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 2:24am On Jan 09, 2015
cool cool cool Fashiola no nonsense Governor.
"wetin carry GEJ go they cook for Fashiola kitchen? He no fear!"

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 2:25am On Jan 09, 2015
padeolu:
don't mind the ikwerre boy, he thinks his lone vote is enough to make GEJ return to aso villa. Rather than form ally with other region, they think they can insult, abuse and bully us into voting for them. igba die lo Ku, o ma to ye yin.
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by johnmartus(m): 2:29am On Jan 09, 2015
This is another jocular remarks coming from great leader

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by menesheh(m): 2:30am On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:

GEJ till...GEJ Till all this for a president who may not be honesty with you. If that you are among the chibok girls missing maybe you will think differently. When your GEJ tells you because of security he cannot come to borno.

Define 21th century terrorism

US citizens didn't blame Bush for 19/11 attack, only in Nigeria that the act of modern terrorism is blamed on the president

29 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 2:36am On Jan 09, 2015
menesheh:

US citizens didn't blame Bush for 19/11 attack, only in Nigeria that the act of modern terrorism is blamed on the president

George Bush that very same day flew to New York to the scene of the attack to console with the people of New York and help to search for survivors and that strengthen Americans confidence in the presidency

ask GEJ to go to borno now and I will vote for him February if he agrees and go there

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Scholes007(m): 2:49am On Jan 09, 2015
to me apc is feeding on the high number of illiterate(e-illiterates) Nigerians especially the youths who are too gullible to see reason from facts...jst feel sad when people can't think out of the box...anyway to those that think their way of change must be taken or nothing i feel sorry for you cause you sound more like a tyrant ...Vote wisely cause all i see in opposition are the people that failed us(example OBJ and even the well known dictator that ruled with iron fist hand with idiagbon) fighting against corruption

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 2:49am On Jan 09, 2015
menesheh:

We no blame him, we said he don't have mind to dare boko haram. There is God o! They tell u say boko haram don't know. George bush confronted Alqaeda decisively immediately you have never see another 9/11 in USA. But here every week 1 bomb blast. Haba who brain wash una like this.

Fire they on top of mountain yet you said it is snow. 2000 killed in one day, military base captured na better thing! Please stop this GEJ till...Nonsense we are on fire here!!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Sunday8650: 3:04am On Jan 09, 2015
Freelancer00:
What better way could this have been said? No plan, all badmouthing

Exactly where is his manifesto for reelection. I don't love power but I have the power of love. grin grin womanizer

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Scholes007(m): 3:05am On Jan 09, 2015
I don't think most of you guys have gone to foreign affair forum and see the upgrade GEJ have done to the Nigerian armed forces...but you come he and ignorantly call your president a fisherman

14 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by harrwix(m): 3:07am On Jan 09, 2015
will comment later
Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by ayaakanoh: 3:12am On Jan 09, 2015
Sunday8650:
cool cool cool Fashiola no nonsense Governor.
"wetin carry GEJ go they cook for Fashiola kitchen? He no fear!"

Guy u made my day grin grin grin.
can't stop laughing

12 Likes

Re: Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally by Caesar1988(m): 3:24am On Jan 09, 2015
Fashola...is also surprised and confused....That man's name is gudluck...ya...Everytin gud comes his way...Its a waste of saliva for fashola....cos pdp will take over lagos....simple

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Senators Worried Over COVID-19 Status Of 35 Colleagues / Military Arrests Goni Fandam, ISWAP Informant Who Spies On Troops' Movements / AIT Almost Yanked Reno Omokri Off The Air For Criticising Buhari Harshly (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.