Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts (30463 Views)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by FreeSpirited: 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2017
WriteBoy:

You are trying hard to sound intelligent but I can tell you have very little mental acuity.

Your reasoning is shallow and your thought processes highly underdeveloped.

If you do not know that academic qualification/intelligence is only but one out of the many types of intelligence reposed in humans then you're a lost cause.
Lost cause for not knowing types of intelligence.....You too harsh on her abeg.. grin
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by abdallah67: 11:17pm On Mar 28, 2017
its very obvious how childish u are,,seriously these post shows how nonsensical you are...I hope one day life will show how bumpy it was.. with your so called good grade
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Juliearth(f): 11:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
Inasmuch as I am tempted to keep mum considering that its your opinion,I just cant help but spill. Every Nigerian has the right to vote and be voted for provided he or she has attained "certain level of education" (note the clause in quote) regardless of the class of degree attained. We all know how messy our educational system is(people sorting their lecturers to grauduate with grades they do not deserve and bright candidates been victimized with a lower grade...) PS: I am not a third class graduate.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by dennisworld1(m): 11:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
Too much oversabi makes someone too dumb. I too know crew.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by hush15: 11:24pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:

I am a 3 pointer. A grade I am not even comfortable with. WHAT about you?

Na woman sef. Metchw....

Nonsense
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by dennisworld1(m): 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2017
Because u graduated with 1st class doesn't make you feel you know better than 3rd class. This is no argument. I know of so many first class who are not smart at all. They only think they know too much which will lead them to failure.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Makavelli099(m): 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2017
ToriBlue:
Well detailed and analyzed comment.
hello dearie, how are you
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Juliearth(f): 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:

I am a 3 pointer. A grade I am not even comfortable with. WHAT about you?

Op, please admit that your statement no pure. Anybody can lead. Remember that some people are born to be leaders. In the past,we have seen great men and women lead their communities without a degree. It all boils down to wisdom and wisdom is not attained based on class of degree. If you can,you should rephrase your topic,thus: educated illiterates should not be allowed to lead.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Juliearth(f): 11:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:
How many times will you be told that Dino has gone on to graduate with a masters degree ..OP I must say you are a very shallow thinker and it's people like you that must be prevented for holding govt office ...

Very shallow,I must say.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by dennisworld1(m): 11:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
OP nor let them Counter thread you ooo. If not your own finish o
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Ugosample(m): 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2017
iambijo:
what makes a good leader is 1.confidence 2.great ideas 3. Personality. talking bout developed countries leaders with poor grades, united states of america president nixon, bush jr. And joe biden have embrassing high institutions results

You say

grin grin grin
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Kondomatic(m): 11:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
FreeSpirited:
A stupid question from a shallow mind....... And you expect me to answer

First class my aging ass.

Everyone else has shallow mind except you yet you can't show how you're better than them.

I am not interested in your answer because it doesn't exist, I only wanted to know why you are so convinced that you're better than 3rd class graduates but unfortunately you're not different.

Education gives us knowledge but knowledge without wisdom is useful as a hedgehog in a condom factory.

Why do employers interview job seekers after seeing everything about them in their CV?

To know if they have something upstairs, so my dear first class, don't judge a book by its cover, get close to people to find out the reason behind their poor result before judging them. Things happen and I am sure that there are many 3rd class degree holders and school dropouts that have better leadership skills and managerial qualities than you and your certificate x 10.

These people are the ones that move the world.

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by deleo16(m): 11:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
EVarn:
Though I understand the rationale behind OP's idea..however,I think that such a law would be quite too extreme.
There are bound to be a number of people out there who graduated with a 3rd class or pass,but possess sharp intellect in specific areas.The university system itself is frankly not helping matters; some people cannot just do "la cram,la pour",but the way some courses are taught in Nigeria requires a student to be able to cram as much as he/she can.
In Universities like Unilorin,you can stay on the queue for 5-7 hours under the scorching sun just to write your CBT exam!,under such conditions,you get too tired to even care about the exam questions when you finally get into the hall,you just want to do your exam and get out as fast as possible to get rest.
There are even cases of missing results and disproportionate awarding of marks.
By and large,these arent excuses to justify failure,but it cant be omitted.
What Nigeria needs is a working system,only then will the unserious ones be weeded out.

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by dennisworld1(m): 11:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
You don't know the reason why some people graduated with 3rd class. I don't like discrimination. Some are very brilliant.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by deleo16(m): 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
I will prefer someone with high emotional intelligence with 3rd class to be a politician than a first class with no emotional intelligence the certificate all in all ceritlficate cant be passed on to your son or daughter as inheritance,it dies with individual ,Read Daniel goleman "emotional intelligence why it can matter more than iq. Watch sermon on first class and 3rd class
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2k_RIX7wOE

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by hary158: 11:32pm On Mar 28, 2017
examination is not the real test of knowledge
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by youngchamp: 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
the same person empowering entrepenuers e.g those wt 1st and 2nd class is a 3rd class holder. Mr tony elumelu... I stand against caste system in qualificatn.. Studies hav shown dat 3rd class gradutes are more ambitious and more likely to succed dan a 1st class or 2"1
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Remzie(m): 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
Class of graduation has nothing to do with political intelligence
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Juliearth(f): 11:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
I know 3rd class graduates that make in a week what many bank managers earn in a month.

That over feed baby elephant called Davido graduated with second class upper yet he acts and reasons like a canteen prefect in umukolo community development high school

Exactly my point. Our educational system is not that top notch. Any d**k and harry can sort and end up with a good degree. In the same way,a seemingly bright and promising undergraduate can be victimized into graduating with a third calss or worse. We should also note that these grades are determined based on exams which is mostly theoritical knowledge that one can cram and pour. Some others may not be good at cramming or expressing themselves in an exams,not forgetting cases of lecturers masterminding students's failure...thus making these sets of students end up with poor grades...
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Ugosample(m): 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
FemiEddy:
its a big plus but I tell u.......its not a necessity as u guys take it

It's a big plus.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by julius5353: 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
Where is first class students! Why third class students over shadow him! Third class student that is far better than fucking first class ! Forget about class people are not waiting for explanation but manifestation
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Juliearth(f): 11:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
And people with 3rd class cannot do that? Same as good result

I think this op needs to get a grip on herself. Her arguments sre baseless.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Juliearth(f): 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2017
Joythah:
OP Let me help you... Only first class holders should be recognized in life. They should be the only ones allowed to marry each other so we can have intelligent children who won't write the drivel you just comfortably wrote.

Thank you very much. You just took the words out of of mouth. It doenst make sense at all.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by sirclemzy: 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
[quote author=Doriana2 post=55044798]
When was the Master's degree awarded? After he has been in the House of Reps for many years! After he has accumulated enough stolen wealth to bribe people in high places! It is obvious from your reply that you still don't understand the post. I feel immensely sorry for you. you should rather feel sorry for yourself. you are one of the many reasons we don't make progress as a country because people like you would rather celebrate certificate than actual knowledge. The same certificate that some of my course mates that were unable to answer simple questions in class let alone present their thought in writing went through the back door to secure 2.1 because they thought it is a guarantee for success. Have u listened to Dino speak during plenary? He always arms himself with evidence b4 making his speech which is how an educated person should do. Can u prove your accusation of bribe & stolen wealth against him? I rather graduate with a third class that i can defend & be proud of than the other way round.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by vedah: 11:40pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
I need your father's address lemme talk to him. gringringringringringrin
Sure but we'll have to meet firsttongue
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Juliearth(f): 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Your assertions that anybody that finishes with a third class is not mentally sound is very poorly thought out ,there are many reasons apart from intellectual deficit that might make a person finish with a lower degree than others ..In the course of life I have worked with many people that finshed with lower degrees that were actually a lot more proactive and smarter than those that finshed with higher class of degrees which is one of the reasons dropouts and so called third Class people tend to do better in life than those that finish with better degree. They tend to become creators, pathfinders , innovators and game changers while those who finish with higher degrees achieve very little after getting a good job because they are quick to feel entitled that the world owes them alot just because they made higher grades at some school and truly the world owes them nothing but a Job and nothing else .

Going by you premise people like Tony Elumelu, Gani Fawehini, Ulysses Grant , Jack Ma and many other trail blazers who the school system considered dull should have been thrown away and left to waste... Your Certificate is only there for you to compete in the work place and that's why people like Dino are Senators today while their course mates are still grinding it out in one Bank or the other. Examinations have never been a true test of the capacity of any being

You have said all that needs to be said in a single speech rendering the topic null and void Therefore,I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by winj: 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2017
yes but illiterate lebanese and chinese should be called masters and expatriates.
stu pid Nigerian citizens!

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Menzy86(m): 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
A very dumb question.

Some companies employ "brain" not school cert. Some 3rd class holders have some managerial qualities that many people that graduated with first class do not posses. These are people that move the world not those that put all their hopes on their CV.

I am not promoting dumbness but you should know that there are smart people that ended up with 3rd class due to unforeseen circumstances.

Their cert do not define them
Please leave that little girl alone. 10 yrs from now (as someone already pointed out) she wil realize how very myopic this statement of hers is. Just tell her to read about Bill gates. I know 3rd class grads who are some of d most inventive minds u will ever meet.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by FreeSpirited: 11:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
First class my aging ass.

Everyone else has shallow mind except you yet you can't show how you're better than them.

I am not interested in your answer because it doesn't exist, I only wanted to know why you are so convinced that you're better than 3rd class graduates but unfortunately you're not different.

Education gives us knowledge but knowledge with wisdom is useful as a hedgehog in a condom factory.

Why do employers interview job seekers after seeing everything about them in their CV?

To know if they have something upstairs, so my dear first class, don't judge a book by its cover, get close to people to find out the reason behind their poor result before judging them. Things happen and I am sure that there are many 3rd class degree holders and school dropouts that have better leadership skills and managerial qualities than you and your certificate x 10.

These people are the ones that move the world.

Note that I dint read all this poo you typed , just reading the first two sentences made me know you lack understanding of my position and u are pained for making a low grade in schl

I am not supporting the OP, her point is not valid, cos leadership is more about vision. Leaders are people with sound vision and resolve , who have the idea of where they are going, how to get there, with the ability to lead people to a certain desirable destination. This ability does not depend on your academic performance. Any body can have a vision and idea with a goodwill to serve a group of people.

My grouse with your narrow minded opinion is that you said, 3rd class are better off because a lot of them make more money than 1st class students.....You don't determine the worth or quality of a man by how much he makes...that's a different issue that has nothing to do with how effective they will be as leaders

A leader must be knowledgeable and be ready to learn.... Once you pass through school or display some level of aptitude, you can be a leader........

You don't take side on being first or 3rd class to become a good leader.... That's my stance
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Chilebaba(m): 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
Third class from OAU or UI can not be compared with most private universities 2.1
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by papascode: 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
Very funny Son, making a good grade in school is cool but doesn't determine your success in life. Malaya has been a good politician right from his uni days in ABU . Now ask your self this, why is the HOD OF POL SCIENCE ANY NOT A POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDER.

WHY IS DANGOTE THE RICHEST IN AFRICA, WHY NOT THE DEAN OF LAGOS BUSINESS SCHOOL?

WHY SHOULD A TRADER WITHOUT FORMAL EDUCATION, IN ALABA PREDICT PRICING AND MARKET FORCES , WHY WOULD A PROFESSOR IN BUSINESS ADMIN FAIL IN THE SAME BUSINESS.

I GRADUATED WITH A THIRD CLASS BUT I got a job with a commercial bank 4 days before passing out of service simply on merit I didn't know anybody and I have been on the job for 4 years now and on top of my game.
My collegues feel I made a 2:1 in ECONOMICS because of my understanding on economic analysis ..
FURTHER MORE, I JUST ENROLLED FOR MY Phd programme after aquiring my Pgd and Msc while on the JOB.

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by assyn(m): 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
Bizibi:
the two are fast developing nations not third.......the former President of Brazil did a good job even better than the woman that was impeached.
You guys love certificates in this country or maybe some of you here are still in sch,it is way different in reality.......

To be honest we shouldn't be arguing about this. But I'll make my points as explicit as I can. If you get a 3rd class grade in geography, it doesn't mean that you'll be a bad leader, or a bad teacher, however I can infer that you'll be a poor Geographer based on your results ( that's the only proof I ve to inform my decision) because there are skills and competence you'll need to learn to excel in Geography.

If you want to be a great leader, you need to be vast in Laws, (laws govern people), also some military leaders make great leaders.

The school system is not supposed to victimize anyone, but it has been invented and modified for specific purposes. Someone with a 3rd class should probably do a Masters to corroborate his first degree, which is fine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Have Been Abused Because Of Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments – Oyegun / Diesel Price May Hit N1,500/litre, 75% Filling Stations Closed – Marketers / Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.