Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts (30459 Views)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Kondomatic(m): 11:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
nextstep:

Try applying to Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft without a degree, and watch your resume get dropped like a hot potato.
Say what you know sir.

Google employs school dropouts.

4 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by charlesucheh(m): 11:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
Na only write something, Na only you still dey criticise am. Or we should have just left you to keep question and answering them yourself! In as much as I don't like Dino's attitude, I totally disagree on the 3rd class stunt you just pulled! Administrative skills and experience are sometimes independent of what's written on papers! I still see Dino as one Vocal person who knows how to run stuffs within the political sphere, just that his attitude might be what's always making him have bad turns here and there! Imagine he had been that one man with the kind of attitude Nigerians crave for! Would we have brought his "THIRD" class thing into play? OP! Take YA time o!
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Kondomatic(m): 11:53pm On Mar 28, 2017
FreeSpirited:

Note that I dint read all this poo you typed , just reading the first two sentences made me know you lack understanding of my position and u are pained for making a low grade in schl

I am not supporting the OP, her point is not valid, cos leadership is more about vision. Leaders are people with sound vision and resolve , who have the idea of where they are going, how to get there, with the ability to lead people to a certain desirable destination. This ability does not depend on your academic performance. Any body can have a vision and idea with a goodwill to serve a group of people.

My grouse with your narrow minded opinion is that you said, 3rd class are better off because a lot of them make more money than 1st class students.....You don't determine the worth or quality of a man by how much he makes...that's a different issue that has nothing to do with how effective they will be as leaders

A leader must be knowledgeable and be ready to learn.... Once you pass through school or display some level of aptitude, you can be a leader........

You don't take side on being first or 3rd class to become a good leader.... That's my stance
You are an idiot and I am not happy about it.
Where did I say that 3rd class are a better?
Seems you have issues with compression.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Bizibi(m): 11:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
First class my aging ass.

Everyone else has shallow mind except you yet you can't show how you're better than them.

I am not interested in your answer because it doesn't exist, I only wanted to know why you are so convinced that you're better than 3rd class graduates but unfortunately you're not different.

Education gives us knowledge but knowledge with wisdom is useful as a hedgehog in a condom factory.

Why do employers interview job seekers after seeing everything about them in their CV?

To know if they have something upstairs, so my dear first class, don't judge a book by its cover, get close to people to find out the reason behind their poor result before judging them. Things happen and I am sure that there are many 3rd class degree holders and school dropouts that have better leadership skills and managerial qualities than you and your certificate x 10.

These people are the ones that move the world.
it seems many of them are still students, maybe reality check will make em adjust.

I told someone twelve years ago that I will lock my cert up because I might not need,I already knew how the system works then while in sch,right now a British guy is showing me how the system works in u.k,something people don't really know about.each country have its own organized system that an average person dont know......there re some things they don't put in books.
Tertiary institutions gives u a fair percentage of knowledge but the secrets in the real world gives 200% fr you to use and utilize to better your life and the society, and you can never see it in the books in sch.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Fadahunsi(m): 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
Your submissions are strictly myopic! You talked about tomatoes and yet you couldn't make a case for Mr Melaye being an exception! There are better third class degree holders in very sensitive positions doing wonders...Pls be guided!

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Kondomatic(m): 11:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
vedah:
Sure but we'll have to meet firsttongue
True that.

I will work on it
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Bizibi(m): 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
First class my aging ass.

Everyone else has shallow mind except you yet you can't show how you're better than them.

I am not interested in your answer because it doesn't exist, I only wanted to know why you are so convinced that you're better than 3rd class graduates but unfortunately you're not different.

Education gives us knowledge but knowledge with wisdom is useful as a hedgehog in a condom factory.

Why do employers interview job seekers after seeing everything about them in their CV?

To know if they have something upstairs, so my dear first class, don't judge a book by its cover, get close to people to find out the reason behind their poor result before judging them. Things happen and I am sure that there are many 3rd class degree holders and school dropouts that have better leadership skills and managerial qualities than you and your certificate x 10.

These people are the ones that move the world.
it seems many of them are still students, maybe reality check will make em adjust.

I told someone twelve years ago that I will lock my cert up because I might not need,I already knew how the system works then while in sch,right now a British guy is showing me how the system works in u.k,something people don't really know about.each country have its own organized system that an average person dont know......there re some things they don't put in books.
Tertiary institutions gives u a fair percentage of knowledge but the secrets in the real world gives 200% fr you to use and utilize to better your life and the society, and you can never see it in the books in sch.
I know an alhaji who is into currency Biz and trades in gem stones but he doesn't speak english fluently and wealthy,his net worth every year is above hundred million naira even in this recession.I thought to myself that life is a sch of its own.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by streetzdreamz(m): 12:05am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

THANK YOU! This guy gets it. If we had mentally sound leaders, then the problems plaguing our educational system would be fixed.
and all the VCS,rectors,provosts in our higher institutions ain't learned?? or they ain't leaders in their respective sections?? and is our educational sector a smooth sailing boat on a calm sea?? dont they have crisis choking them up? people keep trying to make you reason with your God given brain yet u keep nailing ursef the more,portraying to be witty yet you v gat nothing to show for it, you a 3pointer so? u think u better off than that dude with a 3rd class or a pass!!!! some ladies and their reasoning sha!!!! u further buttressed the point that grades is just for the fun of it, you've gat nothing to show for it than your ass on ur dp, am sorry for being insultive though but I find it extremely annoying when people look down on others, castigate them when in essence they ain't half as good as their victims!!!

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by FreeSpirited: 12:05am On Mar 29, 2017
Kondomatic:
You are an idiot and I am not happy about it.
Where did I say that 3rd class are a better?
Seems you have issues with compression.
enough of your foolery, If you cant make inference from what you wrote......Ode
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by micflo28(m): 12:06am On Mar 29, 2017
I will never vote based on academic lines and qualifications but on who can do the job. Power ministry comes to mind, former ministers Barth nnaji professor of robotics didn't do better as fashola is doing currently. Academic qualifications only gets u accepted to do the job and not get the job done.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by komzy589(m): 12:07am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:
The ambiguities involving Dino Melaye's certificate scandal has overwhelmed Nigeria's news space. The pertinent reality that only few people talk about is: Either a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria did not graduate from a university or he graduated with an abysmal grade. It is now clear that a major part of Nigeria's  problem is the high number of uneducated and underqualified leaders occupying important political positions. This is unfortunately accompained with a populace that does not seem to care.‎ 
There was a recent thread of a proud third class civil engr Uniben graduate. While we admire the young man's courage to accept his subpar performance in school, we detest the idea that third class graduates should be allowed to occupy sensitive political postions. Nigerians have to realize that: ONLY excellent and qualified employers can make an organization excellent. Political positions should be treated as an important job vacancy and elections should be seen as a serious job interview.  It is because Nigerians don't pay attention to the qualities presented by 'prospective job applicants' and majorly look at tribe, religion or 'Number of Rice Bags shared' that we are in this mess of a country.
Unintelligent people would reply by saying 'Many People with 2nd class and 1st class are not as rich as some with 3rd class? They go on to proffer as an example, a detestable and morally reprehensible creature like Dino Melaye. The obvious answer is 'the ineffectual and unqualified political office holders are the cause of the failed experiment called Nigeria. The high rates of unemployment and wealth inequality are due to exactly leaders of such groups.

Another class of mentally myopic individuals would cite an example like Goodluck Jonathan, who was a PHD holder but was also mediocre as a leader.‎
The not so obvious ‎answer to this comes in the form of a parable: 'Lack of good tomatoes does not mean we should cook stew with sand'. The fact that GEJ was terrible should spur us on to properly screen our leaders (plus political parties) and request for even better qualities. We should not make the mistake again ‎of selecting someone bad just because average did not work out. 
A country of 180 million people demands someone intelligent and capable to run it. Lives and futures are literally at stake. We should not take the posts of the president and senators as a testing ground for failures in school. A successful organization like first bank will not employ a third class graduate as CEO so why should NIGERIANS accept third class graduates (or complete illiterates) as senators?
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically and not to qualify one to be placed in a position of affluence. You are clearly frustrated that your educational success didn't make you smart enough to do better than those that finished with 3rd class. My dear, its only hard work in all front that can bring success.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by tundejoseph4(m): 12:12am On Mar 29, 2017
Samirana360:

what have u achieved wit ur 3pointer?....so u mean aftr openin ur leg for lecturer....let me nt continue shaa....buh u dont really knw what u ar sayin
u funny, leave her make she dey carry certificate 4 head
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by kov624665(m): 12:16am On Mar 29, 2017
What about me that had a 3rd class, done my PGD and rounded up with a master's degree? I'm I not better than you? OP I swear your brain don miss o!
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Marvellouzkk(f): 12:18am On Mar 29, 2017
Waitin concern me

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by otunbadan(m): 12:24am On Mar 29, 2017
OP is mad but he just don know ....

Doriana2:
The ambiguities involving Dino Melaye's certificate scandal has overwhelmed Nigeria's news space. The pertinent reality that only few people talk about is: Either a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria did not graduate from a university or he graduated with an abysmal grade. It is now clear that a major part of Nigeria's  problem is the high number of uneducated and underqualified leaders occupying important political positions. This is unfortunately accompained with a populace that does not seem to care.‎ 
There was a recent thread of a proud third class civil engr Uniben graduate. While we admire the young man's courage to accept his subpar performance in school, we detest the idea that third class graduates should be allowed to occupy sensitive political postions. Nigerians have to realize that: ONLY excellent and qualified employers can make an organization excellent. Political positions should be treated as an important job vacancy and elections should be seen as a serious job interview.  It is because Nigerians don't pay attention to the qualities presented by 'prospective job applicants' and majorly look at tribe, religion or 'Number of Rice Bags shared' that we are in this mess of a country.
Unintelligent people would reply by saying 'Many People with 2nd class and 1st class are not as rich as some with 3rd class? They go on to proffer as an example, a detestable and morally reprehensible creature like Dino Melaye. The obvious answer is 'the ineffectual and unqualified political office holders are the cause of the failed experiment called Nigeria. The high rates of unemployment and wealth inequality are due to exactly leaders of such groups.

Another class of mentally myopic individuals would cite an example like Goodluck Jonathan, who was a PHD holder but was also mediocre as a leader.‎
The not so obvious ‎answer to this comes in the form of a parable: 'Lack of good tomatoes does not mean we should cook stew with sand'. The fact that GEJ was terrible should spur us on to properly screen our leaders (plus political parties) and request for even better qualities. We should not make the mistake again ‎of selecting someone bad just because average did not work out. 
A country of 180 million people demands someone intelligent and capable to run it. Lives and futures are literally at stake. We should not take the posts of the president and senators as a testing ground for failures in school. A successful organization like first bank will not employ a third class graduate as CEO so why should NIGERIANS accept third class graduates (or complete illiterates) as senators?
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by otunbadan(m): 12:25am On Mar 29, 2017
kov624665:
What about me that had a 3rd class, done my PGD and rounded up with a master's degree? I'm I not better than you? OP I swear your brain don miss o!

no mind am, he is mad but he just don know it
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:28am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

I am a 3 pointer. A grade I am not even comfortable with. WHAT about you?

Don't mean to be offensive

But U obviously lack basic intelligence

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by chccho(m): 12:30am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

I think the first bank example will answer your question. If you were the owner of First Bank, will you employ a 3rd class holder as CEO?
Tony elumelu had a 3rd class and he was the CEO and owner or UBA
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by jornie(m): 12:33am On Mar 29, 2017
I'm doing a survey on the assessment of student welfare in Nigerian tertiary institutions. if you are a student,please participate.Thank you https:///forms/lspvAYshzWRmlgfC2
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by FILEBE(m): 12:38am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

I think the first bank example will answer your question. If you were the owner of First Bank, will you employ a 3rd class holder as CEO?

I never thought someone will come up with a write up like this. Damn! are u trying to say that one's grade is a true measure of intelligence? U failed me with ur reasoning. I swear! give me one first class at a top position and I will give u 10 3rd classes who are at the top making decisions.
ability to cram well makes you a first class student. did u ever watch the movie: 3idiots?
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by kov624665(m): 12:40am On Mar 29, 2017
The problem is not the Class. It is the stupidity that won't make people agree they are not making sense.
I want to ask you OP
1.) Who employs CEOs based on the first undergraduate degree?
2.) With PGD being the link, can't a Third-class degree turn into a Masters degree.
3.) Can't you just apologise for not thinking before writing and everyone move on?
4.) Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by OluDare01(m): 12:44am On Mar 29, 2017
This post is baseless . You think what you have in Nigeria is education A system where lecturers victimize students, where you can't study cos there's no electricity, reading materials or internet access.
A system where all you have to do is la cram la pour, just theory no practicals.
See, don't use the Nigerian education system to judge anybody. I know people that made a 2'2 in Nigeria and they graduated with a 'summa cum laude' in the US, merit in the UK and other countries abroad. Nobody is dull, the system determines the output. You wonder why Nigerians do well abroad? It is because of the working system, not the crap we have in Nigeria.

I repeat,nobody is dull.
Making a 3rd class in Nigeria doesn't mean you're dull.
Hey! don't think I made a 3rd class hence my comment. I am doing well academically.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by bizza45: 12:46am On Mar 29, 2017
omo guys wey dey nairaland wicked dieeee!!!!! una roast this girl brain beyond pardon... i swear i will never brag in nairaland,cos people here are ready to put u in your shoes without mercy ....
chai una murder this babe, bring am back murder am gain, use her brain and 3pointer take do stew, come still murder again.... oluwa know say if na my babe una do this kin yeye i no go talk to am again.....

THIS IS PURE EVIL.... REAL EVIL MEN ON NAIRALAND LOOKING LOOKING FOR BABES THEIR BRAIN NO DEY FUNCTION WELLA ( AND YET DEM WAN FORM I KNOW ALL) TO FIX.... E NO GOOD OO

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Bizibi(m): 12:55am On Mar 29, 2017
assyn:

To be honest we shouldn't be arguing about this. But I'll make my points as explicit as I can. If you get a 3rd class grade in geography, it doesn't mean that you'll be a bad leader, or a bad teacher, however I can infer that you'll be a poor Geographer based on your results ( that's the only proof I ve to inform my decision) because there are skills and competence you'll need to learn to excel in Geography.

If you want to be a great leader, you need to be vast in Laws, (laws govern people), also some military leaders make great leaders.

The school system is not supposed to victimize anyone, but it has been invented and modified for specific purposes. Someone with a 3rd class should probably do a Masters to corroborate his first degree, which is fine.
I don't really believe in masters and PhD,education is good but what I don't like is the idolizing of certificates,Nigeria is the easiest country to be a c.e.o but people are blind and maybe too scared to take risks,I know a British guy who is so interested in doing Biz here until I got to find out he already know how our system is structured,every developed country have an organized system though deceitful but......only billionaires know how every country system works and they create more sub system in that system that expands their cash flow, what I'm trying to say is that the secret of this modern world is not in our schools.we too dey idolize certificates in this country,i know someone that have 4 masters, 3 PhDs and 8 professional courses.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Ddy(m): 12:56am On Mar 29, 2017
obasiken:
OP...Please upload your certificate before i read your post.
U were asked what about urs,i didn't see ur response....hmmm are u 4th class or much lower?
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by kov624665(m): 12:56am On Mar 29, 2017
nextstep:

For the same reason a bank hires top graduates when it can: not all first class graduates are fit, but the chances of finding good leadership is much higher among those who were able to study hard, understand the material, apply the material. It speaks of mental capacity and discipline.

The chances of having a leader who understands finance is much higher if you pick from a pool of first-class graduates, than if you pick from a pool of those whose certificates are dubious, at best. I also would rather have a first class engineer in charge of our industry, than somebody who didn't understand Newton's laws.
Ain't we talking about leadership anymore?. Leadership is nobody's field. Our Emirs, Obas and Igwe's back in olden days were not formally educated but their leadership made a whole lots of senses. Professionals are different from leaders.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by coolestofall(m): 1:16am On Mar 29, 2017
Guyz, take a chill pill. Y insult d OP when she's just trying to profer a solution to a common problem holding this nation back 4rm d rest of d developed world.

Let me try 2 dumb her point down so all can understand. OP: "Y not put into the constitution a law dat requires rigorous accreditation of both IQ and EQ of aspirants for political offices as is the case when recruiting for top jobs in private organizations". She might have expressed it wrongly by laying much emphasis on university class of degree. What I expected 4rm u guyz as leaders of 2morow (although I'm not sure when dat 2morow begins) would b 2 come up with ideas as to how these political aspirants should b better screened. For example; conducting IQ n EQ tests on aspirants 2 ascertain their eligibility 4 political positions.

Pls lets try 2 pick useful points 4rm posts rather dan just sieve though 4 junks. We can kid with posts in jokes section but its high time we start taking posts like this seriously.

PS: No disrepect intended 2 anyone n I'm no supporter of any politician. Most of them r a pathetic bunch in my opinion. Pls let's stop letting politicians take us as fools.

Plus I don't like typing dis long on nairaland but as some one once said; "once i start I get too lazy 2 stop".
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by assyn(m): 1:20am On Mar 29, 2017
Bizibi:
I don't really believe in masters and PhD,education is good but what I don't like is the idolizing of certificates,Nigeria is the easiest country to be a c.e.o but people are blind and maybe too scared to take risks,I know a British guy who is so interested in doing Biz here until I got to find out he already know how our system is structured,every developed country have an organized system though deceitful but......only billionaires know how every country system works and they create more sub system in that system that expands their cash flow, what I'm trying to say is that the secret of this modern world is not in our schools.we too dey idolize certificates in this country,i know someone that have 4 masters, 3 PhDs and 8 professional courses.

cool argument. But my brother, education, (via certicates) is essential and needed for success. Success might not necessarily equate to money. A first class professional (Doctor or scientist) may not have as much money as a billionaire. However his 'quality of life' could be better than the latter.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by nextstep(m): 1:33am On Mar 29, 2017
Kondomatic:
Say what you know sir.

Google employs school dropouts.

Name 3 instances.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by dukebabaaduke(m): 1:56am On Mar 29, 2017
I beg u in the name of God find out something first by yourself before putting it in public sphere Dangote attended and finished his first degree in Egypt in his early twenties
moblix:
Leadership is not all about grade,so as to destiny.dangote never went to school but he lead well n also do well in business. If u like give country to professor wat is going to happen will still happen. Politics in Nigeria is not about grade,but is full of greedy people
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by assyn(m): 1:58am On Mar 29, 2017
nextstep:

Name 3 instances.

Don't mind am. The owners of Google, Larry (PhD) and co.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by marshmonii: 2:06am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

When was the Master's degree awarded? After he has been in the House of Reps for many years! After he has accumulated enough stolen wealth to bribe people in high places! It is obvious from your reply that you still don't understand the post. I feel immensely sorry for you.
i graduated with a 3rd class but i never felt bad about it and am making my cool mulla so park well..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal / PHOTO: Celebrating A Policewoman With A Difference / Buhari Appoints Malami, Fashola, Others To Engage Twitter Over Ban [FULL LIST]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.