Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,193 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts (30484 Views)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Saao(m): 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
nextstep:

This is very true. But I hope you'll agree that the chances of civil engineers building a good bridge are higher if they all understood their schoolwork.
those that created university, which university did they attend?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by MEJEFO(m): 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
isorite. If this opinion is allowed to hold sway, then over 50% of our politicians will have no place in the political space. It appears politics in Nigeria is now for thugs and rascals.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Just anybody.. just anybody with the interests of the masses at heart should rule us. Our governors, most of them are Bsc holders. What have they really done to better the life of the average nigerian? I want a honest and detribalized Nigerian as my leader. These virtues are not gotten with 1st or 3rd class. Let us not misplace our priority.
FACT!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Mavor: 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:
The ambiguities involving Dino Melaye's certificate scandal has overwhelmed Nigeria's news space. The pertinent reality that only few people talk about is: Either a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria did not graduate from a university or he graduated with an abysmal grade. It is now clear that a major part of Nigeria's  problem is the high number of uneducated and underqualified leaders occupying important political positions. This is unfortunately accompained with a populace that does not seem to care.‎ 
There was a recent thread of a proud third class civil engr Uniben graduate. While we admire the young man's courage to accept his subpar performance in school, we detest the idea that third class graduates should be allowed to occupy sensitive political postions. Nigerians have to realize that: ONLY excellent and qualified employers can make an organization excellent. Political positions should be treated as an important job vacancy and elections should be seen as a serious job interview.  It is because Nigerians don't pay attention to the qualities presented by 'prospective job applicants' and majorly look at tribe, religion or 'Number of Rice Bags shared' that we are in this mess of a country.
Unintelligent people would reply by saying 'Many People with 2nd class and 1st class are not as rich as some with 3rd class? They go on to proffer as an example, a detestable and morally reprehensible creature like Dino Melaye. The obvious answer is 'the ineffectual and unqualified political office holders are the cause of the failed experiment called Nigeria. The high rates of unemployment and wealth inequality are due to exactly leaders of such groups.

Another class of mentally myopic individuals would cite an example like Goodluck Jonathan, who was a PHD holder but was also mediocre as a leader.‎
The not so obvious ‎answer to this comes in the form of a parable: 'Lack of good tomatoes does not mean we should cook stew with sand'. The fact that GEJ was terrible should spur us on to properly screen our leaders (plus political parties) and request for even better qualities. We should not make the mistake again ‎of selecting someone bad just because average did not work out. 
A country of 180 million people demands someone intelligent and capable to run it. Lives and futures are literally at stake. We should not take the posts of the president and senators as a testing ground for failures in school. A successful organization like first bank will not employ a third class graduate as CEO so why should NIGERIANS accept third class graduates (or complete illiterates) as senators?
It's only archaic , unintelligent Nigerians that attribute the worth of a human being to a piece of paper. Go and ask Bill Gates or some of the most powerful people in US Congress that even had to drop out of university what they think about your thread. Joker!

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by ruggedtimi(m): 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:
The ambiguities involving Dino Melaye's certificate scandal has overwhelmed Nigeria's news space. The pertinent reality that only few people talk about is: Either a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria did not graduate from a university or he graduated with an abysmal grade. It is now clear that a major part of Nigeria's  problem is the high number of uneducated and underqualified leaders occupying important political positions. This is unfortunately accompained with a populace that does not seem to care.‎ 
There was a recent thread of a proud third class civil engr Uniben graduate. While we admire the young man's courage to accept his subpar performance in school, we detest the idea that third class graduates should be allowed to occupy sensitive political postions. Nigerians have to realize that: ONLY excellent and qualified employers can make an organization excellent. Political positions should be treated as an important job vacancy and elections should be seen as a serious job interview.  It is because Nigerians don't pay attention to the qualities presented by 'prospective job applicants' and majorly look at tribe, religion or 'Number of Rice Bags shared' that we are in this mess of a country.
Unintelligent people would reply by saying 'Many People with 2nd class and 1st class are not as rich as some with 3rd class? They go on to proffer as an example, a detestable and morally reprehensible creature like Dino Melaye. The obvious answer is 'the ineffectual and unqualified political office holders are the cause of the failed experiment called Nigeria. The high rates of unemployment and wealth inequality are due to exactly leaders of such groups.

Another class of mentally myopic individuals would cite an example like Goodluck Jonathan, who was a PHD holder but was also mediocre as a leader.‎
The not so obvious ‎answer to this comes in the form of a parable: 'Lack of good tomatoes does not mean we should cook stew with sand'. The fact that GEJ was terrible should spur us on to properly screen our leaders (plus political parties) and request for even better qualities. We should not make the mistake again ‎of selecting someone bad just because average did not work out. 
A country of 180 million people demands someone intelligent and capable to run it. Lives and futures are literally at stake. We should not take the posts of the president and senators as a testing ground for failures in school. A successful organization like first bank will not employ a third class graduate as CEO so why should NIGERIANS accept third class graduates (or complete illiterates) as senators?
Have you heard the word " charismatic"...u think higher degree is everything in life. Low thinking. If high degree is everything then there wont be any 1st class holders looking for job na job go find them. U re on 3pointer and so f*cking what, ur three pointer can not make you rich like bill gate and be like trump. The most powerfull man on earth is vladimir putin and the most educated president on earth is mugabe. Abeg compare them.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by GenBloodykiIler: 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Jacob Zuma's highest qualification is PRY 3

Lula Da Silva, the former Pres. of Brazil highest educational attainment is high School, yet, he made better president and impact in Brazil than his flop of a successor, a Russell with intimidating educational and professional qualification.

Leadership is not a function of academic attainment...

Even the Igbo trader in Aba without formal education could make a better leader than a Professor of Economics.

Obong Attah of Akwa Ibom was a successful architect BUT his impact in the remodelling of Akwa Ibom was awful, unlike his successor Akpabio, who is a lawyer.

Rotimi Amaechi, a THIRD CLASS holder of English Language performed more than his predecessor Peter Odili, a Medical Doctor...

kapish
i have to like this your post
this one you come dey make sense these days
wetin you chop? because
acantbilivit

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by FreeSpirited: 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
I know 3rd class graduates that make in a week what many bank managers earn in a month.
That's not the point here.....this is such a myopic view of life, and a product of failed and wasted education on you. Everything is not money....That u make the most money does not mean u will be an examplary model in the society...Society needs people who can reason and think like human being... People who can support their dreams not people who are obsessed with money making alone without a trace of humanity in them..think with your brain!!!

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by od501: 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
Idoko619:

Anoda 3rd class or pass cert sighted.... U ppl shld keep showing ursef

@last the Mumu don reply!! mission accomplished. grin
Idoko619:

@last the Mumu don reply!! mission accomplished.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by od501: 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
Idoko619:

@last the Mumu don reply!! mission accomplished.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by mayowa558: 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
They should be allowed to hold political positions, but their sense of commitment and responsibility should be tested before voting for them, however, why is it the case that Dino's year of graduation just came up, I think he was an honourable even before becoming a Senator, so why are they just treating the case now....our legislators are just bunch of hypocrites!
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by sinisters(m): 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
nextstep:

And how many of our leaders have attained his heights? You're using the example of one exceptional person to prove a fallacy. For example, Bill Gates and Mark Z. dropped out of college to concentrate on their companies. Yet Microsoft and Facebook hire the best college graduates. I don't even think they'd look at your resume if you were 3rd class. How many college dropouts does Google have? How many 3rd class graduates does Dangote hire for critical and high-level operations? Why is that?

And you are working in Microsoft,Google or Facebook I presume...

I used to think like this anyway......life 'll soon happen to some people here,their reality will stamp out their ignorant assumptions..

Nigeria is moving to a position whereby some organisations don't even care about ur certificate as long as you have the skills they want...
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Ugosample(m): 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
I know 3rd class graduates that make in a week what many bank managers earn in a month.

How many of them?
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Saao(m): 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:
Wikipedia is your friend! Born-Aliko Dangote 10 April 1957 (age 59) Kano, Kano State, Nigeria Nationality-Nigerian Citizenship-Nigerian (1957–present) Education-Business Studies Alma mater-Al-Azhar University, Cairo.
that after he made his money.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by bizza45: 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
i keep asking myself where do people keep their brain whenever they want to air their view on nairaland... i hope u graduate With first class and become d ceo of first bank oo,

i have seen alot of rubbish With certificate that our company not to request for certificate when u are applying for a job, just come and defend what u said u studied in school

na ordinary 3pointer u b , no b your mates dey make 4point and 5pointer, abi na different brain dem get
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
nextstep:

This is very true. But I hope you'll agree that the chances of civil engineers building a good bridge are higher if they all understood their schoolwork.
Not necessarily, Engineering is a very practical field. Doing well in school doesn't mean you will be very good in the field. It's cause of this same reason shipping companies have stopped taking engine cadets based on grades( I used this as an example cause am a final year marine engineering student and i have seen third class and pass graduates being taken ahead of those with better grades), there are so many other factors they consider, the grades are the least of them. But students should study hard, you will never get into MIT sloan, INSEAD or Harvard business school with subpar grades

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Shiitposter: 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:

I am a 3 pointer. A grade I am not even comfortable with. WHAT about you?

Lol what a shame, when we 4 pointers are not even making noise. I honestly thought you was a straight A student.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by postmann: 10:12pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:

Leadership and academic excellence are two different things. Knowledge and academic excellence are also two distinct qualities.

A lot of people who weren't academically successful have gone on to become great leaders and captains of multinational business empires..

Your submission is ridiculous to say the least.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Raziii(m): 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
No serious country in the world make Educational accomplishment as a core leadership attribute... GO AND CHECK...

they are after what YOU HAVE to offer whether you are PHD holder or a Grade 1 dropout...
wow!!! Lets take USA, China, Singapore and Brazil, you can use Google find out one person in these countries holding a top govt position who isn't academically accomplished. Maybe its the Nigerian system that has made it look like education is overrated. Its not!

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by goodnews777: 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
Do you really know how many world renown figures are school drop outs.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by nextstep(m): 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
Saao:
those that created university, which university did they attend?

They were aristocrats. As children, they were taught at home by the best teachers/governesses of the time. They spent many years studying in their own private libraries, going on excursions to other countries to learn the sciences, politics, philosophy, finances, and languages. Most were very lucky: born into a family of means so one could study without worrying about making a living. Some of them were also brilliant: establishing private laboratories, clinics, libraries, etc. These were the kinds of people who started universities, since you asked.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by goshen26: 10:16pm On Mar 28, 2017
Joker, wen the qualification for the post is SSCE
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by goshen26: 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2017
Joker, wen the qualification for the post is SSCE

cry[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by tankoy: 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:

I am a 3 pointer. A grade I am not even comfortable with. WHAT about you?

ruuuuubbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiissssssssheeeeeeeeee

intelligence comes with humility. Pride however, is ur downfall. Infact, if u are intelligent, thank God i'm not.

Who says intelligence or otherwise determines destiny?
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by pokipoki: 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:

I think the first bank example will answer your question. If you were the owner of First Bank, will you employ a 3rd class holder as CEO?
Hahahaha. What qualification do you think the majority shareholder of FBN has (Oba Otudeko)? Apart from the professional qualification he got much later on.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Ngokafor(f): 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
kingjabz:
U no even talk of senators wey Dey use waec, so Na third class matter u put for head
You're stupid

....Absolutely correct....The biggest culprits are those from the north.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by sinisters(m): 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
I do not support Dino, the VC,the Senate neither am I a 3rd class degree holder
But it is dumb thinking@op that got us to this point...

We are quick to make wrong diagnosis of problems,The Nigerian political space dominated by people like dino is because of Nigerians. We voted them into power...its a character issue or flaw on dino' s part not educational at all.

We should do a background character check on people we vote into leadership positions...

Don't vote a duck and expect an eagle behaviour...a duck can never fly but can only quack loudly..
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Blue3k(m): 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2017
As much as I love education it's not how you determine who gets political office. Alot Nigerians voters myopic bottom feeders. The dont critically examine policy, scrutinise the characters or look past tribe / ethnic background. Nigerian politicans don't even debate eachother on TV in this day an age. Worse they don't post their plans on websites when they are candidates.

In many countries like USA their is no education requirement. We just know not to elect total buffoon into office. Parties won't present this kind of guy to voters either.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by tankoy: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2017
goodnews777:
Do you really know how many world renown figures are school drop outs.

gbam!
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by AceSkillz01: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2017
Seriously

What about the politicians with only SSCE?

What about the ones without even the SSCE? undecided

Look, if your distaste for Dino and his ilk is so strong, then lets legislate higher educational standards for politicians across the board

ACCROSS THE BOARD. I emphasize that because all this talk will change when you see your brother in a position of power.

Yo, we Nigerians are so da*mn sectional and clannish.

Because you don't like Dino in particular, you wanna shift standards, then return back once he's gone. So sad
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Acetyl(m): 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2017
Op you are a confirmed mumu, you very shallow minded. So because Dino 3rd class should be banned, tomorrow someone with 2.2 also got in and messed up then 2.2 should also be banned.
And so on ...
Op what's your discipline and your course of study in the university. Oloriburuku ekeji werey .Too many deluded fellows on Nairaland.
Maybe we should give a 1st class graduate a chance to rule and let's see the outcome. But come o GEJ is a PHD and ruled for good 6 years and what's the achievements. Are we not in same mess we are.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by blackaxe78: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2017
In a sane country, 3rd class graduates should be executed by hanging so that they can serve as an example to upcoming students.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Thugs Disrupt Pro-buhari Rally In Jigawa State / Nyesom Wike, Tonye Princewill, Dakuku Peterside Pictured Together / 55th Birthday: Sanwo-Olu Bars Newspaper Congratulatory Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.