Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi (50467 Views)

80 Out Of 100 People Tested In Kano Are COVID-19 Positive Says FG / Stay With Us Forever, Awe Residents Beg Sanusi II / Igbo In Kano Are Now Indigenes, Top Figures Shield Sunusi Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by BetaThings: 6:45am On Apr 13, 2017
FriendNG:
[s][/s]

Trash. The south is Paradise I guess.
There is really no point debating with them - they have only one occupation
Morning - and wake up Criticise the North
Afternoon - Embrace foreign culture - West, BBN etc
Evening - Criticise Islam

They so love the truth that whenever anyone dares to criticise their pastors and you will hear
"you had better not! don't incur the wrath of God
touch not my anointed"

Oh I remember
- Jumia
- Uber
- Arepo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by EazyMoh(m): 6:48am On Apr 13, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
what input did the northern elders do to make it viable?

Gej did his part but the elite in the north didn't want it to succeed because of selfish reasons

The only people that can solve Almajiri problem is the north and not the government. Its a cultural thing yhat must be done away with.
Who doesn't want it to succeed? or How? I just told you the GEJ schools barely scratched the surface that it could only cater for less than 1% , so tell me how is anybody against it!
Selfish elite is a general Nigerian problem example the arms fund looting.
According to you the only people that can solve the problem is the North and not government, if I understand you you meant to say not FEDERAL GOVERNMENT because state governments in the north are actually part of the NORTH.
You shall therefore kindly note I never inferred it was the duty of federal government solely to solve this particular problem. When BH was at its peak and seemed invincible by the ineffectual government the north united and did the needful.
Allow us to find ways of solving problems peculiar to our region while you solve a myriad of yours too.
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by BetaThings: 6:49am On Apr 13, 2017
khalifahsparkles:
what makes me laugh is how the Emir suddenly turned to the speaker of truth before a certain group of people. to them, in 2015, he was a liar. lol

Don't mind them
They are no interested in the message
They are only interested in the addressee of the message
If the same person says that Jonathan Govt was really fraudulent,a lot of them will immediately tag him a liar

BTW - Sanusi forgets that a lot of artisans in the South are now from neighbouring countries and even China

1 Like

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Odingo1: 6:50am On Apr 13, 2017
[/b]I thought that Yorubas don't leave their SW to another man land to look for a daily bread.[b]
Because Sanusi mention southerners, they have started claiming part of it,how many Yoruba do they have in Kano.
Igbo are known for travelling and establishing their trade in distance land,Yorubas are not known for that.
[/b]What a heck is all this yoruba boys arguing here [b] cool

2 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by aribisala0(m): 6:53am On Apr 13, 2017
Talk is cheap. Watch his legs not his mouth. Who killed Akaluka?
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by OKUCHI11(m): 6:55am On Apr 13, 2017
Youngadvocate:
The vociferous progressive muslim, Emir Of Kano and Former CBN Governor, Lamido Sanusi has yet again sought to speak meaning and reason into his conservative and seemingly intellectually disadvantaged northern brothers and sisters, charging them to learn from the commercially minded and productive Igbo people as well as other progressive southern tribes that have set the pace of development in the country and apparently left them (the north) behind.

He wrote on his Instagram page:

"I choose to fight for the progress of Nigerians and suggest solutions to their problems. It's my duty to speak the truth about the ill-effects of conservative Muslims who are harming Islam rather than helping it. I condemned their refusal to expand their knowledge outside their own religion and failure to realise that knowledge is power.

I also correctly concluded denying the right to pursue scientific and technological knowledge and restricting people to Islamic knowledge is the best means of ensuring that Muslims in Northern Nigeria will be remain economically backward. I'm upset at the legion of beggars on the streets and is trying to bridge the gap between the backward North and the Southern parts of the nation.

I still believe that conservative Muslims are still stuck in the 13th Century and their claim that children need no other knowledge than Islamic studies flies in the face of reality. All the poverty, under-development and immense suffering in the North are a result of uneducated masses refusing to learn work or a trade.

The majority of technicians in Kano are from the South while untrained indigenes beg. How does that make sense? Why is it that conservative Muslims who claim to be against scientific progress enter aeroplanes and fly to perform the Hajj in Mecca rather than using camels to cross the desert! Why do they watch sermons beamed by TV live from Mecca and read the Holy Quaran on their laptops yet profess to abhor modern technology? I'd like to point out that there is no harm in copying from the West if it brings succour to the masses of poverty stricken Muslims in Northern Nigeria.

After all Saudi Arabia, the "home" of Islam is known for its highly-rated airline, modern hospitals, indigenous oil industry and space program all of which make it a world leader. In our backward nation, we insist on denying the truth. Unless Northern political leaders like Governor Yari pay attention to me, there will never be a day when anywhere in the North will be like the modern Muslim cities of Kuala Lumpar, Istanbul, Jakarta, Lahore, Greater Cairo, Dacca, Karachi, Dubai, Riyadh or Faisalabad"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSvvLdXBl-s/?taken-by=sanusilamidosanusi

http://igbobia.com/?q=again-lamido-sanusi-tells-the-north-how-much-backward-they-are-suggests-they-learn-from-ndi-igbo

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:55am On Apr 13, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Yinmu. You guys obviously live on false hype without knowledge of facts on the ground. Like I said earlier, everything seems to start and end with buying and selling with you lots while the SWesterners are obviously more cerebral, robust, and versatile in their offering, and supply the bulk of the. I. T technocrats that give life to the ICT sector in Nigeria -- we are talking beyond importing phones and laptops to sell or assemble here, but rather areas of the tech industry that produced the Bill Gates (Microsoft's) , Larry Page (Google) , Steve Jobs(Apple), Zuckerberg (Facebook) of this world.

Even the Jumia that pioneered e-commerce in Nigeria was co-founded by Tunde Kehinde, way before Yudala came on the scene. Andela which attracted the attention of the Zukerbergs was the brainchild of Iyinoluwa Aboyeji (also founder of Flutterwave), the brains behind CcHub and the entire yaba/Lagos tech ecosystem are SWesterners (a la Bosun Tijani and co), and believe it or not but Yorubas comprise the bulk of the software programmers, developers and technical workforce that most tech-centric establishment and start-ups in Nigeria depend on. Even the Nairaland platform we are using as a medium of this exchange is the brainchild of a Yoruba programmer. #Fact.

http://pulse.ng/student/irokotv-developer-challenge-new-winner-emerges-in-software-engineering-contest-id3953897.html

https://www.nairaland.com/3672266/6-exceptional-nigerians-work-apple

https://techpoint.ng/2015/06/16/5-young-nigerians-that-made-forbes-future-billionaire-list/

And who told u Igbo guys are not verstile? Are we not big in manufacturing? are we not big in transport? are we not big in the hospitality business? Are we not big in the IT industry? Are we not the biggest In banking?
Yorubas are a great people and with the Igbo constitute the salt of Nigeria but you guys should stop trying to stereotype Igbo people as mere traders cos it ain't so.

2 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by aribisala0(m): 6:56am On Apr 13, 2017
Odingo1:
[/b]I thought that Yorubas don't leave their SW to another man land to look for a daily bread.[b]
Because Sanusi mention southerners, they have started claiming part of it,how many Yoruba do they have in Kano.
Igbo are known for travelling and establishing their trade in distance land,Yorubas are not known for that.
[/b]What a heck is all this yoruba boys arguing here [b] cool
Known by Eboe or known by whom? You can only say what YOU know, you cannot tell others what they know
Do Eboe travel more than Aboki? Where is your evidence? You like an idea you say it so it must be true?

6 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Kaysalas(m): 6:56am On Apr 13, 2017
Pharaoh9:

Same way I have studied you Yoruba impostor,
The OP is likely Yoruba, you people hate the Igbo for no reason, you only wish them downfall with your sophisticated hatred
Naaa! D OP ain't Yoruba bro! He is typically of Umu Igbo extraction. Go figure
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:58am On Apr 13, 2017
Alexis11:

cheesy grin

Only you lots take yourselves serious, other tribes don't. grin cheesy grin

Lol. Igbo people are not taken serious in politics not in business or development. When it comes to economic might people tremble before the Igbo. I am in the north and I knw what's going on here.

2 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by BetaThings: 7:02am On Apr 13, 2017
TheRealestGuy:
Am I the only one who noticed that going by the Emirs statement, conservative Moslems are alike with terror groups like Isis and BH in terms of core beliefs and values?

And you tell me BH was not a product of this?

We aren't ready to face the hard truths...

Yet "conservative" Saudi Arabia is fighting ISIS and provided money to Lebanon to do so
People just like simple answers to complex issues
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Kaysalas(m): 7:02am On Apr 13, 2017
seniorkachion:

No body is saying that there are no yoruba communities outside the south west, the issue is that they have very insignificant numbers outside their region. Even the small T -junction town I live in in Abia North they have a presence as tailors and furniture makers. But the Hausa easily out number them. There is no state outside the south west where yoruba have the second largest population after the indegenes, whereas Igbo have that distinction. In the south east hausa are easily the second ethnic group.
You lot should just shut up and stop peddling rumours and conjectures. Where did u get that info from? Did u do a headcount?

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by MizSparks(f): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2017
He has seen the decay first hand and probably couldn't contain it any longer. You speak the truth sir!
Some people will just use their religion as an excuse to remain a societal menace.

1 Like

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Greyman11(m): 7:05am On Apr 13, 2017
EazyMoh:

Forget the governor of a single state, the Emir is in a position to call for Islamic conference of West African sub region where a new Fatwa can be issued on Almajiriship.
that seems like the work of the Sultan to me..
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by TheRealestGuy(m): 7:06am On Apr 13, 2017
BetaThings:

Yet "conservative" Saudi Arabia is fighting ISIS and provided money to Lebanon to do so
People just like simple answers to complex issues

Saudi Arabia is not conservative. Even SLS mentioned it in the article up there so what you talking about?

Most of y'all don't want to face the truth and change with the times like your Yoruba Moslem brothers...

Peace be unto you...
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Kaysalas(m): 7:08am On Apr 13, 2017
Guyman02:

He mentioned the Igbos and what is the big deal in asking his people to learn from their industriousness, are you in a competition with Igbos?
SLS didn't mention IBO in his original speech, he only said the southern tribes. Learn to read the original article bro, the OP intentionally put in ibos to diminish other southern tribes and cause wahala for una this morning. U guys are great no doubt, but some of your brodas can so reek of inferiority complex

4 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Deilluminator(m): 7:08am On Apr 13, 2017
A typical Northern man, Muslims to be precised, never take anything serious if it is not akin to their religion.
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Deilluminator(m): 7:09am On Apr 13, 2017
A typical Northern man, Muslims to be precised, never take anything serious if it is not akin to their religion
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by BetaThings: 7:12am On Apr 13, 2017
Adebowale89:
the ignorance of northern Muslim is a tools of their politicians in enriching theirselves and leaving their people in abject poverty

the day this people will gain consciousness of their ignorance hence the politicians would be force on heavy change in north

eg. a politician that was stone in his constituency

Ignorance, right?
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Odingo1: 7:16am On Apr 13, 2017
aribisala0:

Known by Eboe or known by whom? You can only say what YOU know, you cannot tell others what they know
Do Eboe travel more than Aboki? Where is your evidence? You like an idea you say it so it must be true?
But some of you yorubas in most of the social media call Igbos doing their lawful businesses outside SE refugees and migrant running away from their region, so now Yorubas is now claiming of of having Yoruba communities in the north outside the SW,so you guys have join Igbos to run away from your SW region to the north and Aboki travelers is also running away from none productive north.
You guys are two mouthed and multi faced.

2 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Mcreloaded(m): 7:18am On Apr 13, 2017
Just want to make common sense
Common sense is no longer common ask Ben Bruce
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by aribisala0(m): 7:18am On Apr 13, 2017
TheRealestGuy:
Am I the only one who noticed that going by the Emirs statement, conservative Moslems are alike with terror groups like Isis and BH in terms of core beliefs and values?

And you tell me BH was not a product of this?

We aren't ready to face the hard truths...
They are no different from conservative Christians who torture children calling them witches like Bishop Oyedepo . Both religions are among the greatest evils in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by aribisala0(m): 7:22am On Apr 13, 2017
Odingo1:

But some of you yorubas in most of the social media call Igbos doing their lawful businesses outside SE refugees and migrant running away from their region, so now Yorubas is now claiming of of having Yoruba communities in the north outside the SW,so you guys have join Igbos to run away from your SW region to the north and Aboki travelers is also running away from none productive north.
You guys are two mouthed and multi faced.
maybe some do,so what??Others don't. Some Eboe carry drugs and so on...
Your point is?
Eboes are the one group where maybe majority live outside their own home ,so don't get the two things mixed. Eboes are a minority group with tiny land mass so most of them are refugees in Nigeria .the whole Eboe land is smaller than Oyo state. That does not mean that there are more Eboes than Yoruba in Kano it just means Eboes run away from their home more because it is barren and bereft .Eboes are a small tribe in Nigeria that have no prospect in their own land

3 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by BetaThings: 7:24am On Apr 13, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

Saudi Arabia is not conservative. Even SLS mentioned it in the article up there so what you talking about?

So Saudi Arabia is no longer "Wahabi"? I must have missed that!
And women are now allowed to drive
Your arguments keep changing with the wind of your political alignment

TheRealestGuy:
Most of y'all don't want to face the truth and change with the times like your Yoruba Moslem brothers...
Always judging, dividing etc
Your latest trick - Yoruba muslim this, Yoruba Muslim that and even impersonating to make hateful statements
Unfortunately over 60% of the pages on this thread is on ethnic rivalry between Yorubas (most of them are Christians) and Igbos (Christians)
Muslims don't want to come to dine at your table of hatred and doomed-to-fail splitting of brothers project
And truth as defined by you? or by Sanusi - your enemy of 2015 and dearest friend of 2017

TheRealestGuy:
Peace be unto you...
A person of peace is known by his deeds, not just by words regurgitated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by nnanwokedi: 7:24am On Apr 13, 2017
This emir is speaking the thruth. Northern Politicians pls remove beggers from the streets of d north and given them sound education , Emir of Kano should b given d best emir of the year!!!

1 Like

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Ngokafor(f): 7:27am On Apr 13, 2017
....Yorubas are funny people indeed..all of a sudden they are the Southerners dominating evey nook and crannies of the North just because Sanusi said Technicians in the north are usually from the North..

...In the past,you lots have never failed to remind everyone how Igbos are everywhere in the north and would be the only ones killed if there is ever going to be an ethnic reprisals there....now story don change one time.

.....Your pathological distortion of facts,lies and deception knows no bound indeed..i pity those who take your shallow noise-making and empty-barreled noise serious...

...Yorubas are dominant in the north indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by koolguy88(m): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2017
in Kano, ndi Igbo are doing wonderful things.
God bless Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by ConqueredWest: 7:34am On Apr 13, 2017
slivertongue:
SLS may not have refered to any ethnic group but those in the North know the group being refered to. Any community in the North where you dont see Igbos that community is not viable. Igbos are not only traders but skilled labourers.

You are at liberty to claim that SLS refered to your ethnic group instead of attacking another man's ethnic over his opinion.

Are Igbo's not from Southern Nigeria?
why the panic and venom when Igbo's are mentioned? Igbo's contribute greatly to the economy of Northern Nigeria. Igbo's supported Goodluck just like they supported Obasanjo and Yaradua so i see no crime in their supporting GEJ.

Igbo's need nobody to market them God is doing it for them. Even Fayose sent some of his youths to Aba to learn functional skills that will put food on their table.

what Nigerians seem not to know is that Igbo's humbly learn from their host thus the edge they have above others

Shake me jareee

We learn from our host while Afonjas, claim to be superior to their host

1 Like

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Langbasa: 7:35am On Apr 13, 2017
Alexis11:

Hating a tribe that is still seeking relevance everywhere is a waste of time.

When you see somebody that is trying very hard to drive its existence into people, you should understand that such is suffering from inferiority complex.

I can only pity you guys cry
Lolzzz u people ehn,stop oppressing and hating the igbos mbanu,ok let us go and have our own country so that we can have our peace and leave yoruba land for una still yet una no gree why because if the igbos leave lagos and other yoruba lands today hungry will kill all of you,if the igbos leave today who will buy your lands,who will buy your houses(your people can sell their lives because of your insatiable appetite for owambe lolz),who will u do omonile for,who will u rent your houses to? I can go on and on but let me leave it for another day.#STOPHATINGTHEIGBOS.

2 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by EazyMoh(m): 7:39am On Apr 13, 2017
Greyman11:

that seems like the work of the Sultan to me..
The Sultan and the Emir are spooked to have the same objective. The Emir can compel and convince the Sultan to call it while he (the Emir) pits all the logistics in place.
Also Kano today is the Islamic capital of Nigeria. It also has more resources and amenities to host the event.
Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by Ngokafor(f): 7:44am On Apr 13, 2017
KungLaoooo:

Guyyyyy which business acumen are you even talking about sef. When did the opening of 2x2 shops all over the place become business acumen? abi na drug smuggling you dey refer to as business acumen? We might as well say all those Pakistanis and Indians that own convenience stores all over the place are business minded nah.

Secondly, they aren't even the most dominant non-indigenous tribe in Kano. They don't outnumber Yorubas in Kaduna and Kano. There are many Yoruba settlements and markets in those 2 states. I can't speak for the other Northern states. Those who know those places will tell you

....So now you out-number Igbos in the north now,even Kano??..wonders shall never end!
....yet you lots go about town claiming Igbos are the majority Southern ethnic group in the north,who are most at risk in case of tribal reprisals??..Igbos were even threatned by you deluded lots with being at the receiving end in the north if northerners rs should avenge your killing of their tribes-men in ile-ife.....Now you are suddenly everywhere..

...Mehn even the devil himself will marvel at your lies and false-hood..i really fear una no be small.

2 Likes

Re: Most Technicians In Kano Are From South; While Untrained Indigenes Beg - Sanusi by aribisala0(m): 7:45am On Apr 13, 2017
Deilluminator:
A typical Northern man, Muslims to be precised, never take anything serious if it is not akin to their religion
Must you use the word AKIN in that sentence? No matter how incongruous? Keep it simple and stop the bombast .
To be precised? Muslim NOT Muslims

WTF
Your grammar is egregious

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Winifred Oyo-Ita, Appoints Folashade Yemi-Esan / Tinubu Is Ill & In Paris Hospital - Femi Fani-Kayode / Buhari Did Not Lie About My Father - Ojukwu's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.