Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? (25165 Views)

Girls, It's High Time We Stopped Playing Hard To Get. / When She Likes You But Still Playing Hard To Get / Ladies Is Playing Hard To Get Now Obsolete? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by ztanleechima(m): 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
Conclusion Playing hard to get does indeed work. It also works on you! So, before you go chase someone down, ask whether they are really worth it—or it is just the Scarcity talking. If it is the latter, then you might want to re-think chasing. Instead, make yourself scarce too—and let them chase you for awhile...
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by columbus007(m): 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
ojobolinda:
cheesy Of cos it does. Bt seriously u guys r stubborn. Many a time we plainly say NO bt u choose to press on thinking we r playing hard to get wen in reality WE DON'T LIKE U......
and sometimes the ones you like may not like you.

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Stanleywaxy(m): 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
PromiseUche:
Respect guys dat works up to a gal and start gisting. it's nor easy.
Me I hv limit, once grace period for shakara is exceeded, I tend to loose interest. I always think that is how she gonna continue shld we be together.
Seems like I just found my replica in you . I hardly chat with a girl and I really look at the guys that easly walk up to them and start gisting . It's not pride or fear , I call it self respect

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by NevetsIbot(m): 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
Lashort:
Yes it does "if I play hard to get" that means I'm in control.

I'll flirt with yah and get your hopes high & your emotions running everywhere and then go cold in a split second
yah def not her......

But, we have something in common..... Being Mysterious
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Stanleywaxy(m): 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
MissCuppy:
There is this particular one that have been calling me since early last year, I keep telling him I'm in a relationship but to no avail. He even called me yesterday, I didn't pick up.
The big question is - why give him your number in the first place , how did get it ?
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Stanleywaxy(m): 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
SafeDavid:

I see, anyways goodluck with that and finding a suitable marriage partner that's not him. grin
grin She has no idea what shit she's into

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Donjazzy12(m): 11:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hardeysolution:
Normally, I shouldn't talk to you then have my way immediately. But NO is in existence. You can tell me NO and in fact, I will be glad to walk away.. ..then why do you waste my time playing hard to get? Does that make you Feel happy?
Playing hard to get is the first sign to take to your heels.

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by oxon(m): 11:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
youngbelieve:

and u had to quote me to type dis!!?! lemme jus sound this as a warning to u, if u ever! I repeat if u ever!! in ur entire miserable life quote me when u ave ntin sensible to say eh!! den you'll see
tah shut up , he would see what , u slap him online ...plz take a seat

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
youngbelieve:
sometimes when a lady says no, it means she's jus not interested. this jus reminded me of last month wen two guys walked up to me, de first guy was interested in me while de second was there to help him out (lol as a helper dat he is na) so dis guy asked me for ma number and I told him plain dah I won't give him! then his frnd jus carried de mata for head and started begging b4 I knew we all started gisting lyk we knew each other somewhere ( de guys were funny sha nd cute cool ) so after de whole gisting he requested for my number and I declined again den his frnd jus vex start to waka go and am lyk ahah!! de pesin wey need de number no vex na u!! c'mon gerrarahia jhor!! out of pity I wanted giving de oda guy my number den he made a very stupid statement dat provoked me, he said no girl had ever turned him down dah I was de first. immediately I heard dat statement I was lyk wtf!! I didn't even say anything I jus left him there and went away.
lol..... so after everything you won your self an award.... out of pity u wanted to give him your number... lol, y the pity? well sis your entitled to who you open your legs wide for... one love!

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Donjazzy12(m): 11:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
youngbelieve:
sometimes when a lady says no, it means she's jus not interested. this jus reminded me of last month wen two guys walked up to me, de first guy was interested in me while de second was there to help him out (lol as a helper dat he is na) so dis guy asked me for ma number and I told him plain dah I won't give him! then his frnd jus carried de mata for head and started begging b4 I knew we all started gisting lyk we knew each other somewhere ( de guys were funny sha nd cute cool ) so after de whole gisting he requested for my number and I declined again den his frnd jus vex start to waka go and am lyk ahah!! de pesin wey need de number no vex na u!! c'mon gerrarahia jhor!! out of pity I wanted giving de oda guy my number den he made a very stupid statement dat provoked me, he said no girl had ever turned him down dah I was de first. immediately I heard dat statement I was lyk wtf!! I didn't even say anything I jus left him there and went away.
As if he died when you walked away.... lol! He's already unto the next reasonable one. While you keep forming hard to get...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by 900warriorz: 11:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
ojobolinda:
cheesy Of cos it does. Bt seriously u guys r stubborn. Many a time we plainly say NO bt u choose to press on thinking we r playing hard to get wen in reality WE DON'T LIKE U......

and who likes you? op sef, you go just allow these girls dey feel themselves! who send woman these days? if a guy persists, you think it's in all cases he like you? e fit don use you play tete you no know...angry

5 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
Stanleywaxy:
The big question is - why give him your number in the first place , how did get it ?
My friend gave it to him without my consent.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by doskie(m): 11:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hardeysolution:
Normally, I shouldn't talk to you then have my way immediately. But NO is in existence. You can tell me NO and in fact, I will be glad to walk away.. ..then why do you waste my time playing hard to get? Does that make you Feel happy?
that was how one was playing hard to get. when she finally started chasing me, i was the one running away because of her bombastic english and endless beggi beggi. a mature and Behind girl does not play hard to get too much. kpako will form and then later start threatening someone with witchcraft and suicide if they break her heart.

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Stanleywaxy(m): 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
MissCuppy:
My friend gave it to him without my consent.
Too bad
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
youngbelieve:

and u had to quote me to type dis!!?! lemme jus sound this as a warning to u, if u ever! I repeat if u ever!! in ur entire miserable life quote me when u ave ntin sensible to say eh!! den you'll see
no wonder 2 cute and funny guys according to u, left you and moved on, girl how old are u sef? i still maintain that you have the right to give ur number out of pity or not.

3 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by tobaseye: 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
MissCuppy:
I just dunno what is wrong with him, he needs to leave me alone and go marry, I rather not marry than marry him.

Awwwww. That was harsh Lol.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Abeos(m): 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
I can relate embarassed
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Humility017(m): 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
connectpoint:

I collected a number from a chic on my estate.. Not called her in two weeks.Want to please paint what her thoughts would be like for me now grin
in most cases if they have your number..being she didn't receive a call from you. she will call you herself

that has happened to me severally
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
Alondrah:
you are right. But some rush into relationships they regret later all in the name of "I don't want to play hard", " I don't want to waste time". How many frogs should a lady kiss before kissing prince charming? Definitely no appropriate answer to that question but a lady's mouth shouldn't be soiled with frogs' saliva before prince charming comes. I think every lady should take as long as she wants so far she won't regret. Moreover entering into a relationship base on attraction alone is dangerous, some fades away with time. Compatibility and Love should be the basis for a relationship. smiley

You just nailed it. "compatability"

I dont have that patience to wait for a chick playing hard specially when in my mind i know you not my compat.

Once i say hello, you say good bye i go tell bye bye lol.

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by tobaseye: 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
Allwility:
Let's get it straight.

If a guy asks you out but you decline because you are in a relationship, that's not playing hard to get..you're simply not interested because you're taken.

If a dude hits on you, and you turn him down because you dont like him...that's not playing hard to get.
Playing hard to get is when your options are open, you're free to mingle, dude hits on you, you like him but for some reasons best known to you, you refuse to accept him so that he'll pursue you long enough just to validate your vain reasons.

But isn't it fair for the lady to let the guy know she's in a relationship instead of just saying No.....
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by geekybabe(f): 11:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
SINZ:
The very minute a woman sights you, she can already tell if she can date/fvck you or not. Every other thing in between is just "sereren". grin
Nope. There is a huge difference btwn dating and se.x
And no sane girl shud decide to date u by merely sighting you. There is more dan face value to determine a proper relationship.

For se.x u can do hit and run. Not dating.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by geekybabe(f): 12:03am On May 01, 2017
Lol. All this playing hard to get and keeping guys on hold for no reason is immature IMO. It gets to a point in your life as a lady that u dont have time for drama. Once a guy hangs starts asking u out and you cant seem to connect with him.. pls be kind enough to tell him so he can move ahead to someone else. Give him a reason if u av to. Dont allow him to just be tagging along.

But then.. some guys can overdo. They wont just take no. They keep coming back. Some will even beg for one chance. Some guys even ask u out to validate themselves. Guys shud learn how to accept NO for an answer and let d lady be. Dont be clingy as no girl will take u seriously for that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Beejay1117(m): 12:05am On May 01, 2017
boiz2men:

this isnt an english exam.. i fit even speak pidgin sef... im at liberty to type anyhow i like.. seun will not mark our comments and score us... but if you really must be a grammer police, u should check thoroughly that you havent made any mistake..

@ the first bolded, learn to use the space bar to separates words from optional phrases in brackets... aand who d fvck thought u to ask a question without the question mark...

@ the second bolded, what were u trying to do? divide might by not... lol.. which skul u finish from sef

@ the red color... i couldnt find its meaning in the oxford dictionary.. mind sharing tthe meaning?

@ the green color... shouldnt there be a full stop somewhere?

@ the brown.. another full stop missing in action.. u get beef with full stop

@ the blue, na wa oo.. im convinced now that u are keeping malice with punctuation marks.. wey your question mark na

@ last bolded.. no full stop again. come this girl take ya time oo... watever these punctuation marks haf done to u, pls forgive and forget....let bygones be bygones..

i can see how INTELLIGENT you are now... case closed
you wicked

you no want make she sleep?

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by omolorlarh: 12:07am On May 01, 2017
Hardeysolution:
You will tell some guys NO from the beginning but they won't still let you be. They will keep on pressurising you thinking you will change your mind.Some ladies end up dating them out of pity or they start hating the ones that stood their ground.Like it is the ladies fault.

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by tosyne2much(m): 12:11am On May 01, 2017
For most ladies, it's an assurance of their worthy seeing guys disturbing them for a relationship

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by tobaseye: 12:13am On May 01, 2017
youngbelieve:

dreaded area ke!!! haba its not Dah bad na, at least we didn't completely shut u out we considered putting u in dat zone

Lol....Not shutting us out completely bawo or is it friends with benefit ni? God knows self say any girl I call after marriage go get better reason.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by engrlarex(m): 12:14am On May 01, 2017
my philosophy about girls is "WHEN A WOMAN SAY NO, IT MEANS TRY HARDER"..
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by omolorlarh: 12:15am On May 01, 2017
tobaseye:

But isn't it fair for the lady to let the guy know she's in a relationship instead of just saying No.....
She has every right to say NO whether she is in a relationship or not.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by geekybabe(f): 12:20am On May 01, 2017
Ebuka2016:
and y'all playing hard-to-get, remember the bible says a time will come when 7 women would be chasing 1 single man. Just hope to be alive by then. Even if i don reach lyk 80yrs, these girls will be begging me to touch dem, and i'd be forming slay papa grin

Bros better go and hustle and make a good living. Without dat there is nothing to slay.

Slay papa because na only u get cassava
Some guys tho. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by jfleece(m): 12:26am On May 01, 2017
U see ur period every month and u still playing hard to get.. Like seriously?? Next!!!!!!!! undecidedU see ur period every month and u still playing hard to get.. Like seriously?? Next!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by DexteryJoe(m): 12:28am On May 01, 2017
ladies be forming "looking before leaping" there o, am sure if I approach u wit a Lamborghini, u wld leap before u even care to look if I am d real owner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by olaremint(m): 12:52am On May 01, 2017
It has to do with perception when u see a girl, what comes to my mind, if i want her to be a friend, there is no hard to get, if i want intimacy, she has an organ almost every girl has, so i cant ever stress myself if the answer is no, move on across the street, the next one or another one will say yes, life is good, live it to the fullest and stop wasting time with yes or no girls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Do You Weigh In KG And Is Your Partner Happy About It? / Signs To Know You Have Over Used Your Single Status. / Look Out For Destiny Helper When Selecting Wife, Not Good Cook - Wale Aladejana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.