Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? (25172 Views)

Girls, It's High Time We Stopped Playing Hard To Get. / When She Likes You But Still Playing Hard To Get / Ladies Is Playing Hard To Get Now Obsolete? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Motolank: 6:49am On May 01, 2017
SINZ:

This only happens in very rare cases.
Right. But does happen. Some guy won't just let go
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by sisisioge: 6:51am On May 01, 2017
We will all get to a point in our lives when we won't care to have our time wasted or waste other people's time. When I say a subtle no, I mean no. If you push me to say no plainly, its still no. If you push further dude...I find that quite unforgivable. No is no with me! If I like you , the worst I will do is to request to get to know you better...you sef go know say this babe is all mushy for you. Don't get it twisted folks cool
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by quivah(f): 6:52am On May 01, 2017
lilmax:
as far I hurt you back I'm okay with you playing hard to get...... there are many ways to pay back, i don't stress, say no and I'm gone, that's all
this sissy go just dey act like say he sabi anything, nairaland appointed alpha malecheesy
if I knock your head enh, all this yeye for your body go drain.

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by SINZ: 6:55am On May 01, 2017
Motolank:

Right. But does happen. Some guy won't just let go

And if that's the case, you can't stay steadily In love with the guy. You'll find yourself falling in and out of love with him cos he forced his way into your heart. grin
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 6:57am On May 01, 2017
youngbelieve:
sometimes when a lady says no, it means she's jus not interested. this jus reminded me of last month wen two guys walked up to me, de first guy was interested in me while de second was there to help him out (lol as a helper dat he is na) so dis guy asked me for ma number and I told him plain dah I won't give him! then his frnd jus carried de mata for head and started begging b4 I knew we all started gisting lyk we knew each other somewhere ( de guys were funny sha nd cute cool ) so after de whole gisting he requested for my number and I declined again den his frnd jus vex start to waka go and am lyk ahah!! de pesin wey need de number no vex na u!! c'mon gerrarahia jhor!! out of pity I wanted giving de oda guy my number den he made a very stupid statement dat provoked me, he said no girl had ever turned him down dah I was de first. immediately I heard dat statement I was lyk wtf!! I didn't even say anything I jus left him there and went away.

oy a clap for yourself
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Merceline(f): 7:00am On May 01, 2017
ojobolinda:
cheesy Of cos it does. Bt seriously u guys r stubborn. Many a time we plainly say NO bt u choose to press on thinking we r playing hard to get wen in reality WE DON'T LIKE U......
sweety thanks for that. I Discovered NO means something else to guys.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by kizyalex10(m): 7:01am On May 01, 2017
Headlesschicken:
kiss Immature girls wld kip toying around wiv u,while d matured minded one's, would always stick 2wateva decision dey make,whether good or bad,besides dey cnt really say yes to everybody..
u re there,only immature girls do that nd only inexperienced guy experience this,for me,i don't jst walk up to a lady I nd ask her out,once I noticed u have qualities I need in a woman,then I start to observe u closely then when I confirm other qualities,then I make friends with u to knw u more,then during this period of friendship,i will use it to observe u nd maybe read ur mind(am a psychologist)datz my first degree(lol)then thatz when I will knw if u re cool with me just as friends or u want sometin more,i try to control myself nd feelings.sometimes I might even claim I have a fiancee even if iam nt in a relationship at that time to make u feel free with me nd maybe open up to me.cos I have noticed,most guys even the ones in a relationship,deny having a date when they want to woo a girl.so some girls see these guys as playboy.so when u tell her u have a girl,then she will be a bit free,maybe because she is in a relationship,so as time goes on nd ur. Friendship waxes stronger,then u declare ur intention nd tell her that ur girl broke up with u.nd u need someone who u knw bfor,then u will see she will hardly turn u down.unless u didn't play ur card well.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Merceline(f): 7:02am On May 01, 2017
sisisioge:
We will all get to a point in our lives when we won't care to have our time wasted or waste other people's time. When I say a subtle no, I mean no. If you push me to say no plainly, its still no. If you push further dude...I find that quite unforgivable. No is no with me! If I like you , the worst I will do is to request to get to know you better...you sef go know say this babe is all mushy for you. Don't get it twisted folks cool
seriously they dont get it.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Motolank: 7:03am On May 01, 2017
SINZ:

And if that's the case, you can't stay steadily In love with the guy. You'll find yourself falling in and out of love with him cos he forced his way into your heart. grin
Nop. In most cases it turns out that even the lady will be the one to chase after him, after they make love and his thirst is quenched, and the lady starts to burn in love for him based on what he said when chasing her. It's crazy man
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Izen: 7:04am On May 01, 2017
AlphaT1:

Most times they (ladies) overdo it, miscalculate and end up losing a good guy! When I was looking for a wife to marry, dis particular lady kept "dribbling" me for 4 months, of course I left her and went hunting somewhere else and luckily enough for me I caught a big fish within no time, the "dribbler" lady then came with full love of 120% when it was already too late for her...timing is very very important. Always be watchful and sensitive ladies!

Me thinks she dodged a bullet. Look how fast you moved on.

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by kizyalex10(m): 7:05am On May 01, 2017
Most guys tinks denying their girls when they re wooing a new girl improves their chances but it actually makes u a little bit of a play boy,but if a girl sees u as a guy who is in a relationship nd proud of it which is scarce in most guy,she will be drooling cos u re one of a kind,den anytime u tell her that ur charming fiancee have left u for one reason,she will believe nd jump @ d chance of replacing her.most gguys have a problem,impatience,some even if the girl is nt intrested,some rich ones will then resort to spending cash to buy her,too bad
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by legalvoice(m): 7:08am On May 01, 2017
Alondrah:
To the sensible ladies it's not " playing hard to get" but " looking before leaping". You guys get it all mixed up, Not every lady who place you on hold is toying with you. Some are just being careful, and that is a sane thing to do smiley

You nailed it.I mean,this is great and it shows your level of rationality!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by deathstroke(m): 7:12am On May 01, 2017
Merceline:
sweety thanks for that. I Discovered NO means something else to guys.
NO means try harder, Never give up to some guys.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by I888(m): 7:12am On May 01, 2017
Lashort:
Yes it does "if I play hard to get" that means I'm in control.

I'll flirt with yah and get your hopes high & your emotions running everywhere and then go cold in a split second
u are still a kid. So enjoy the fun lol.

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Itzurboi(m): 7:14am On May 01, 2017
Have always had this mindset, i would rather allow #30billion toy with my feeling than allow one babe wey no fit buy herself sanitary pad dey do yanga... My nigga, #GOD1st #Moneyfollowz

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Afamed: 7:15am On May 01, 2017
Playing hard to get will only make you to end at OLX

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by mixter(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2017
MissCuppy:
I just dunno what is wrong with him, he needs to leave me alone and go marry, I rather not marry than marry him.
Epic plus savagery .
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by darlingnuel(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2017
starlightRR:

Women of these days , ALWAYS AGRESSIVE
Very correct, especially the fustrated ones. Very aggressive ...
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Merceline(f): 7:19am On May 01, 2017
deathstroke:
NO means try harder, Never give up to some guys.
probably but when they try again and it is still no then it might be time to let her be. though some girls may refuse a guy for lack if material things but in some other cases, the girl has genuine reasons. and of course if a girl refuses you because of material things it is even in your favour @ least you know it isn't love @ all.
then again some guys meet you and expect you to fall head over heels instantly. really?
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by mixter(m): 7:20am On May 01, 2017
Different mindset. different perspective . Playing hard to get is a big NO to me. Honestly, I don't fancy it. If he is gonna cherish you, I don't think playing hard will improve your chances. But ladies who do that to me, in less than 2 tries, I don zoom off. You won't see my break light.

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nnemuka(f): 7:20am On May 01, 2017
I know someone that has been asking me out for 3yrs now but i keep turning him down not because i am perfect but honestly i dont see him in my future.
I know he will make a perfect husband to someone else but not me. I like him for his consistency but i rather remain friends.
Men should understand that when a lady likes you, from day one you will know.
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 7:21am On May 01, 2017
Humility017:

in most cases if they have your number..being she didn't receive a call from you. she will call you herself

that has happened to me severally

Didn't give her my number. I'll call her.. cause mehn i no want make that chic use eyes and atitude kill me
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by deathstroke(m): 7:23am On May 01, 2017
It's so painful, when you see the ugly ones playing hard to get undecided " •I always feel like crying, each time I come across them•
Met one in school, Wanted to ask her for a sheet of paper, She started forming body, Borrowing pose, Begin look me from head to toe.
Am like Girl, I no won woo you, You no reach, Na just sheet of paper, I dey ask for abeg! angry

4 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by isyourboy(m): 7:23am On May 01, 2017
Lashort:
Yes it does "if I play hard to get" that means I'm in control.

I'll flirt with yah and get your hopes high & your emotions running everywhere and then go cold in a split second
in the little time of your flirting with me, I would have toyed with your emotion too or probably would have fork you one of those times, and Wen you decided to go cold, I will just leave you alone and never bother you again,, then I'll show up with my new girlfriend
this I've done times unnumbered
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by mixter(m): 7:29am On May 01, 2017
jeytee:
It's really sad the way some girls miss out on their opportunities....this reminds me of an experience I had,I met a girl after church service on a Sunday about 6 months ago,I collected her number and I felt she was an okay person,fast forward to a few hours later when I called ,she told me that she doesn't take calls at night from guys,I was bamboozled but I swallowed it,I waited and then called her two days later ,she picked up and was really cold to me,I then asked the simple question "do you want me to quit calling you?" And her response was no,a week after this whole shenanigans i managed to convince her to have lunch with me but instead she invited me to church and said we could hang out after the midweek service was over this by the way was on a Wednesday ......I promptly attended and after the service ended and I met her up ,we started talking and she said she had some bags to carry home,but she needed to drop them off before we could go out,indirectly she just asked if I had a car,I was plain and I said the best I could do was get a cab for her to carry her stuff and that I didn't have a car but to my surprise she declined and said we would have to fix the date for some other time because she felt stressed ,I smelt the rescheduled date was due to me not having a car,I went home and called her the next day ,it was at that point I got a clear message from her over the phone "please don't call me again,I'd really appreciate that".
I'm quite a simple fellow and I instantly stopped calling and deleted her number......fast forward to exactly two months after that.I was blessed by God and I've bought two SUV cars and she's still single as fvck....my friend runs into her occasionally and he says she looks frustrated but I don't think I care at all,sometimes it's not that these girls play hard to get it's the fact that some of them are just plain stupid and miss out on their partners because of trivial matters
Nailed it.

2 Likes

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by deathstroke(m): 7:32am On May 01, 2017
Merceline:
probably but when they try again and it is still no then it might be time to let her be. though some girls may refuse a guy for lack if material things but in some other cases, the girl has genuine reasons. and of course if a girl refuses you because of material things it is even in your favour @ least you know it isn't love @ all.
then again some guys meet you and expect you to fall head over heels instantly. really?
At times,some guys believe in this "Try harder,Don't give up, she might fall and let you in". I don't think that's the perfect way to win a Girl's heart.
I always tell my male pals this " If girl like you, she like you. . .If she no like you,she no like you

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 7:33am On May 01, 2017
Hardeysolution:
Normally, I shouldn't talk to you then have my way immediately. But NO is in existence. You can tell me NO and in fact, I will be glad to walk away.. ..then why do you waste my time playing hard to get? Does that make you Feel happy?
Some women do enjoy it while others want to view you to know the kind of person you are.

For me, playing hard to get is already an old school. A woman that loves you would follow you instantly. The world has really changed. Most women who play hard to get end up with wrong guys.

I could recall this lady my elder brother wanted to marry. He met her parents but because she was still playing hard, my big brother left her. By the time she was through with her playing hard to get thing, my elder brother already gotten married. I later heard she cried.

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Dcaliphate(m): 7:34am On May 01, 2017
youngbelieve:
sometimes when a lady says no, it means she's jus not interested. this jus reminded me of last month wen two guys walked up to me, de first guy was interested in me while de second was there to help him out (lol as a helper dat he is na) so dis guy asked me for ma number and I told him plain dah I won't give him! then his frnd jus carried de mata for head and started begging b4 I knew we all started gisting lyk we knew each other somewhere ( de guys were funny sha nd cute cool ) so after de whole gisting he requested for my number and I declined again den his frnd jus vex start to waka go and am lyk ahah!! de pesin wey need de number no vex na u!! c'mon gerrarahia jhor!! out of pity I wanted giving de oda guy my number den he made a very stupid statement dat provoked me, he said no girl had ever turned him down dah I was de first. immediately I heard dat statement I was lyk wtf!! I didn't even say anything I jus left him there and went away.
Gerrarahia mehn.... What r u feeling like angry

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Dcaliphate(m): 7:37am On May 01, 2017
SafeDavid:

Girl you're so full of yourself sha!

Are you the only girl in the universe or how is your number going to improve his life?

I wonder what the pity is about, like his life depends on having your number.

Rubbish!
Lol! SAVAGE YOU ARE, NO CHILL YOU HAVE

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by chunna08(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2017
SafeDavid:

Girl you're so full of yourself sha!

Are you the only girl in the universe or how is your number going to improve his life?

I wonder what the pity is about, like his life depends on having your number.

Rubbish!

Ogbeni see as u carry person matter for head, is it ur matter or number, no kill ursef o, depression and migraine kills fast
Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Nobody: 7:40am On May 01, 2017
youngbelieve:
Is your number a kind of magic number? Or do you have a habit of attracting desperate losers?

1 Like

Re: Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? by Kissking: 7:44am On May 01, 2017
Alondrah:
you are right. But some rush into relationships they regret later all in the name of "I don't want to play hard", " I don't want to waste time". How many frogs should a lady kiss before kissing prince charming? Definitely no appropriate answer to that question but a lady's mouth shouldn't be soiled with frogs' saliva before prince charming comes. I think every lady should take as long as she wants so far she won't regret. Moreover entering into a relationship base on attraction alone is dangerous, some fades away with time. Compatibility and Love should be the basis for a relationship. smiley
is there anything like prince charming in ril life?...no1 is pafect but not evryguy DAT walks up to a lady will endup hurting her.. Some good hearted men still exists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Look Out For Destiny Helper When Selecting Wife, Not Good Cook - Wale Aladejana / The Face Of A Devil Bastard (nigerian In The Philippines) / Unveiled!..Why Ladies Targeting Overseas-based Men To Marry This Yuletide (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.