Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . (43706 Views)

Rebuttal To The Thread "Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers?" / Rebuttal: Can A Christian Owned A Slave? / Rebuttal To The Thread Jesus Said I Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by malvisguy212: 9:56am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

You have reduced God to a human being
That is what your canal mind can comprehened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:58am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

How can an omnipotent and omniscient God feel remorse or be sorry or regret?

If you know what exactly is going to happen and you have the power to change it, why feel sorry?

Its called Anthropomorphism- using human-like characteristics to depict God . I've opened so many threads addressing anthropomorphism . Its apparent you people just don't learn . If you are not cognizant of theistic philosophy or theology then stop making ignorant objections .

Simply be an atheist and rest .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by JackBizzle: 10:03am On Jun 06, 2017
felixomor:

Nah.
He Buttressed with the attributes of a father.

He ascribes human feelings to a god.

God is not a human father

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by JackBizzle: 10:05am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its called Anthropomorphism- using human-like characteristics to depict God . I've opened so many threads addressing anthropomorphism . Its apparent you people just don't learn . If you are not cognizant of theistic philosophy or theology then stop making ignorant objections .

Ode. That is the whole point of deism. Anthropomorphism is illogical. Why would an all powerful alien resemble and think like mere human beings?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 10:05am On Jun 06, 2017
malvisguy212:
even if God should create NL account ,
He won't. Don't make excuses for the hermit. You now he won't. He is a God that needs no evidence whatsoever to exist, isn't He? God can not create an NL account.
Period. Who born am?

malvisguy212:
you heathen will still doubt
I wonder why you'd jump to such a conclusion. I'm open to evidence, and I boast confidently you have none, just at best a bunch of speculations like the trash Ebuka posted above.

malvisguy212:

beside God reavel Himself to those who sincerely seek Him.
I'd say if there's a God, I have sought him more sincerely that you ever will. It'd be dishonest to create something where I have found nothing.

malvisguy212:

reading your post on nairaland, you don't want evidence of God existence
Hmm. Which posts have you been reading?

malvisguy212:

in fact you wish God does not exist so that you will live immoral life.
The issue of God's existence shouldn't be mixed with the concept of morality. There are afterall God-believers whose ideas of morality contradict each other's.

8 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by JackBizzle: 10:05am On Jun 06, 2017
malvisguy212:
That is what your canal mind can comprehened.

No be only canal na river
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by felixomor: 10:07am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

He ascribes human feelings to a god.

God is not a human father

Ebuka has just finished explaining it too.
But we know u have already made the decision to pretend on it grin
We know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

Ode. That is the whole point of deism. Anthropomorphism is illogical. Why would an all powerful alien resemble and think like mere human beings?

The purpose of anthropomorphism is to make God easier for humans to understand . That's why the Hebrew writers of the bible used anthropomorphism . To be able relate with God .

The deists like Xenophanes severely criticized the use of anthropomorphism. The criticism of a concept does not make it illogical .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by JackBizzle: 10:09am On Jun 06, 2017
felixomor:

Ebuka has just finished explaining it too.
But we know u have already made the decision to pretend on it grin
We know.

grin

Ebuka's number 1 garbage supporter

3 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by felixomor: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

Atheism is sub-garbage grin
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 10:13am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

Ignore that one.. He's like fly to Ebuka's shit. Waiting for babykiller and number 1 psychopath Richirich713 to join the duo. Jesus will come before these kids get sense..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by JackBizzle: 10:14am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The purpose of anthropomorphism is to make God easier for humans to understand . That's why the Hebrew writers of the bible used anthropomorphism . To be able relate with God .

The deists like Xenophanes severely criticized the use of anthropomorphism. The criticism of a concept does not make it illogical .

What if the criticism is a logical refutation of the illogical nature of the concept? Hmmm?

Anthropomorphism is rubbish. Even a human being with absolute power e.g. tyrants, medieval kings, Stalin, Hitler etc don't reason like human beings, how much more an omnipotent God?

Why would God be anything like humans? Is God afraid of anything? Imagine living without fear. Is that normal

3 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by JackBizzle: 10:15am On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Ignore that one.. He's like fly to Ebuka's shit. Waiting for babykiller and number 1 psychopath Richirich713 to join the duo. Jesus will come before these kids get sense..

grin

If Ebuka no shit, felixomor no swallow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 10:20am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

I swear. I dey ignore that one. Not worth the attention at all. The more you mention him, the more relevant he feels. grin

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by felixomor: 10:20am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

Hehehehe.
Association of defeated atheists grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by JackBizzle: 10:27am On Jun 06, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehe.
Association of defeated atheists grin

I swear down!

You Christians cannot be defeated with logic. Your illogical faith is too strong.

To use logic against you is like using medicine for the dead

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by felixomor: 10:28am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

I swear down!

You Christians cannot be defeated with logic. Your illogical faith is too strong.

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by JackBizzle: 10:29am On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

I swear. I dey ignore that one. Not worth the attention at all. The more you mention him, the more relevant he feels. grin

But I like felixomor. The guy doesn't take himself too seriously.

Ebuka thinks he's some Christian genius. He thinks too highly of himself.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by hopefulLandlord: 10:29am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

3 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by felixomor: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

LMAO.... cheesy
You are a clown o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by Richirich713: 10:34am On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

grin you the one who's a pyschopath, you an atheist, you believe (just like Stalin and Mao) that when it comes to morality, it's just an opinion, like icecream, u have your taste, I have mine. No wonder atheists dominate when it comes to mass murdering - u guys have psychopathic beliefs. Then still deny having "beliefs", something only a psychopath would do. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:34am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

Everyone likes sir Felix . He's a cool guy and funny too

From someone who has been calling me names 'clown' , 'ode' , 'dull' and even claimed that to be super smart for finagling 5,000 naira from an innocent Muslim couple ? You are very insecure . grin . Its very easy to manipulate insecure people . wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by dalaman: 10:37am On Jun 06, 2017
malvisguy212:
if your Father Seth law and commanded you not to break it , if you eventually broke this law, who sin ? you or your father ? but if your father repent/revers his judgment he intended on you, because he repent, so he is the one who sin ? are you atheists insane ?

The passage says I repent me of the evil which I have done unto you. What the hell are you saying? Don't you have any shame?

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

I swear down!

But wait , hasn't logic defeated atheism so many times ? And don't forget the greatest logicians were Christians not even deists .
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by dalaman: 10:42am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You guys are simply shameless. You always run to one nonsense to another when your nonsense is been exposed for what it is. All the nonsense attributes of God you wrote in the OP are all anthromophism na.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by felixomor: 10:44am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Everyone likes sir Felix . He's a cool guy and funny too

From someone who has been calling me names 'clown' , 'ode' , 'dull' and even claimed that to be super smart for finagling 5,000 naira from an innocent Muslim couple ? You are very insecure . grin . Its very easy to manipulate insecure people
. wink

LMAO
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2017
dalaman:

You guys are simply shameless. You always run to one nonsense to another when your nonsense is been exposed for what it is. All the nonsense attributes of God you wrote in the OP are all anthromophism na.

Are humans omnipresent and omnipotent ?

Sir D , na wa for you

Smh

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:54am On Jun 06, 2017
Richirich713:

grin you the one who's a pyschopath, you an atheist, you believe (just like Stalin and Mao) that when it comes to morality, it's just an opinion, like icecream, u have your taste, I have mine. No wonder atheists dominate when it comes to mass murdering - u guys have psychopathic beliefs. Then still deny having "beliefs", something only a psychopath would do. grin

You just wonder . No moral compass ; sick and evil ideologies like communism , Marxism , nihilism ; slaughtered millions of people and support people who carried out those acts , yet they have the audacity to say that we have psychopathic beliefs ? That has to be a joke . grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 10:56am On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

Yeah, he knows he's a joke. KEB doesn't.

3 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by felixomor: 10:56am On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Yeah, he knows he's a joke. KEB doesn't.

Go back to the cave!
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by dalaman: 10:57am On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Are humans omnipresent and omnipotent ?

Sir D , na wa for you

Smh

You've made no point. Anthromophism is a cop out. If the bible talks about God getting angry how do you know it's not to be take literally?
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 11:01am On Jun 06, 2017
dalaman:

You've made no point. Anthromophism is a cop out. If the bible talks about God getting angry how do you know it's not to be take literally?
Or dying too. grin I mean, tbh, God can't die. That won't make sense.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

21 Churches Destroyed, Burnt In Pakistan Over Blasphemy Under 2 Days / MFM: We Don't Have The Highest Number Of Single Ladies / Churches & Mosques To Resume Services In Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Isues Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.