Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . (43750 Views)

Rebuttal To The Thread "Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers?" / Rebuttal: Can A Christian Owned A Slave? / Rebuttal To The Thread Jesus Said I Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by bennyann: 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

I'm fine. Been runing up and down the streets of Lagos.

wink the siggy is inspirational, ain't it? I know you missed me. I missed you too. grin

I do not know when you will let go of Lucifer.

But thanks for helping me out with the 'missing' part cheesy

I wish you a salvation story... Till we meet again cool
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by bennyann: 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Isn't that what mad people do
tongue

grin

Oh boy! LucĂ­ is in trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 12:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
bennyann:

I do not know when you will let go of Lucifer.
Soon. cry But I ain't crossing over to those nailed hands of Jesus. Dem no born me come this world to carry Jewish carpenter cross. I get sense abeg.

bennyann:

I wish you a salvation story... Till we meet again cool
I don't need salvation. I'm a free man. Na those wey believe say Adam problem na their problem, na dem get big wahala for this world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
malvisguy212:
you are open to evidence, but you have already reject the evidence before I could even present it in the first place.
angry angry angry angry angry angry

grin grin
Which evidence?
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by malvisguy212: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
angry angry angry angry angry angry
grin grin Which evidence?

the evidence you have already rejected before I even present it.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by bennyann: 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Soon. cry But I ain't crossing over to those nailed hands of Jesus. Dem no born me come this world to carry Jewish carpenter cross. I get sense abeg.

I don't need salvation. I'm a free man. Na those wey believe say Adam problem na their problem, na dem get big wahala for this world.

It's a gradual process dear.

Occasionally I will come on nairaland to check on you. just don't go missing, even in 10 years to come.

That Jesus you're running from, that's the same one you're running to. Just forget all you're saying there..

Your yanga is too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

I don't need salvation..

Because daddy is waiting in Hell

How are you not getting this grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by hopefulLandlord: 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Said Moses. After smoking weed and coming down a mountain with tablets in his hands.

the old man even see say bush dey talk to am, him no know say the na weed

4 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
bennyann:

Your yanga is too much
grin grin

You are Ghanaian right ?
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
bennyann:

It's a gradual process dear.
Na. No Jesus for me till I die. Will never be that ignorant again. Or maybe, an unfortunate accident would happen to me that affects my brain and reasoning faculty. Not that loving folk like keb and felixomoron would care.... As long as I confess Jesus, it will be all worth itm

bennyann:
Occasionally I will come on nairaland to check on you. just don't go missing, even in 10 years to come.
Buharifan@gmail.com. Thats my maill add. grin keep in touch.

bennyann:
That Jesus you're running from, that's the same one you're running to. Just forget all you're saying there.
Abeg o, Im not runing from Jesus. That guy is too slow, and too dead, to catch up with me anyways. Just the stupidity he left behind is disturbing Africans.

bennyann:

Your yanga is too much
If by yanga you mean 'self-awareness', sure, I have it in great measure. Dont need a Jewish man dying for my sins.. Thats my responsibility not his. Its just common sense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin

You are Ghanaian right ?

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

the old man even see say bush dey talk to am, him no know say the na weed
Same thing with Jesus.

Dey wilderness dey blow igbo, im high see the whole world, come back say na satan dey tempt am. Na because malaria drug no dey Israel dat tym.. Jesus get luck sef. Dem for tie am for that pot wey dem use boil im disciples.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by JackBizzle: 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Everyone likes sir Felix . He's a cool guy and funny too

From someone who has been calling me names 'clown' , 'ode' , 'dull' and even claimed that to be super smart for finagling 5,000 naira from an innocent Muslim couple ? You are very insecure . grin . Its very easy to manipulate insecure people . wink

You won't let the 5000 Naira go? Are you that broke? You don't finish school sef?

3 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:52pm On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

You won't let the 5000 Naira go? Are you that broke? You don't finish school sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by JackBizzle: 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

E pain am.

grin

Go and get a job
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by hopefulLandlord: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

Blood of Jehoshaphat!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by dalaman: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There's a doctrine called 'impassibility' which posits that God does not experience any sort of emotions . So God's impassibility is simply the logical consequence of divine asiety - God is independent of any other being , He is self sufficient. If God is affected another being's actions or events then it undermines his divine aseity .

Humans and their emotions are causally dependent . We were created and our reactions or responses are causally deterministic . We respond to both internal and external stimulus . We are happy , sad , angry , motivated , passionate because something external or internal makes that so.

God showing these emotions in the bible is simply the effect of anthropomorphism .

Baseless assumptions as always. These are doctrines created to explain absurdity away. We can as well say that the story of Jesus coming to die is also anthromophism. You've not told us why the bible shouldn't be read as it was written. Is the bike a historical document is is it all an allegory and a lie? Which one is it?

When the bible says got angry and did something, are we to take it as it reads did it happen for real or can we say it's just anthromophism? Do the writers of the bible believe in this elusive anthromophism of yours?

You guys always have ways of explaining absurdity away. Some apologist like William Craig have started throwing the bible under the bus by claiming that the Jews lied about all those genocide and all because maybe God did not even tell them to write down all those stuffs that they did. Wuna well done you hear. Well done.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
dalaman:

Baseless assumptions as always. These are doctrines created to explain absurdity away. We can as well say that the story of Jesus coming to die is also anthromophism. You've not told us why the bible shouldn't be read as it was written. Is the bike a historical document is is it all an allegory and a lie? Which one is it?

When the bible says got angry and did something, are we to take it as it reads did it happen for real or can we say it's just anthromophism? Do the writers of the bible believe in this elusive anthromophism of yours?

You guys always have ways of explaining absurdity away. Some apologist like William Craig have started throwing the bible under the bus by claiming that the Jews lied about all those genocide and all because maybe God did not even tell them to write down all those stuffs that they did. Wuna well done you hear. Well done.

The writers of the bible are the ones that told us that they used anthropomorphism . Even if we were not told we could have known that logically .

You were in this thread when I mentioned this same thing last year : https://www.nairaland.com/3504236/xenophanes-criticism-anthropomorphism-vs-triune

Smh

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by hopefulLandlord: 1:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The writers of the bible are the ones that told us that they used anthropomorphism . Even if we were not told we could have known that logically .

anonymous authors said this?

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by dalaman: 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You were in this thread when I mentioned this same thing last year : https://www.nairaland.com/3504236/xenophanes-criticism-anthropomorphism-vs-triune

Smh

Where did the writers of the bible told you that they used anthropomorphism?

Xenophanes was a deist. Are you a deist?
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
dalaman:

Scroll down .

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by dalaman: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Scroll down .

Just show it.
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by hopefulLandlord: 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
dalaman:

I tire o!
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by dalaman: 1:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I tire o!

He doesn't realize that all the nonsense he wrote in the OP is also anthromophism.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by Joshthefirst(m): 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Dont mind those atheists. They will continue to wail and complain, even in hell fire. God, in his loving mercies, will show them justice in the lake of fire, where they shall burn foreverly..
You do not know or love God, and you don't care for his rule, so why should he confine you to heaven and his presence for all eternity?

1 Like

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
Joshthefirst:
You do not know or love God, and you don't care for his rule, so why should he confine you to heaven and his presence for all eternity?
He can keep his heaven. I don't wanna be a part of it anyways. Have fun with your plenty mansions and streets of gold. Una no get sense I swear. grin grin
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by Joshthefirst(m): 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

He can keep his heaven. I don't wanna be a part of it anyways. Have fun with your plenty mansions and streets of gold. Una no get sense I swear. grin grin
Actually we won't stay in heaven forever, God is making a new earth too. In the new world, we will be free to dominate physical creation in unity with God forever. Creation will be free from decay and disease and we will be free to learn and name and discover and build and cultivate and dominate, at peace with God. I don't know about the systems, but we'll make them. It's gonna be a beautiful world man. We're supposed to(and we) show the excellence of the coming kingdom in our influence today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by dalaman: 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
Joshthefirst:
Actually we won't stay in heaven forever, God is making a new earth too. In the new world, we will be free to dominate physical creation in unity with God forever. Creation will be free from decay and disease and we will be free to learn and name and discover and build and cultivate and dominate, at peace with God. I don't know about the systems, but we'll make them. It's gonna be a beautiful world man. We're supposed to(and we) show the excellence of the coming kingdom in our influence today.

Keep dreaming and imagining.
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by Joshthefirst(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

One more thing; If you don't want to be a part of heaven and it's light why do you complain when you're left in outer darkness? Nawa for you o.
You don't want heaven, so stay away from it and don't complain. You and jackbizzle can dance around in meaningless futility or dark silence for all eternity nau. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by sonofluc1fer: 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
Joshthefirst:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Sounds wonderful. cry cry cry

So I give my life to Christ and all that is mine?

Hehehe. Enjoy your dreams, Bro. You'll be dead soon anyways..
Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by Joshthefirst(m): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
dalaman:

Keep.dreaming and imagining.
I'm awake. But even then, I'd rather dream than destroy my own hope and meaning in life through foolish thinking

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . by dalaman: 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2017
Joshthefirst:
I'm awake. But even then, I'd rather dream than destroy my own hope and meaning in life through foolish thinking

You are already thinking foolishly na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Love Oyedepo Welcomes Baby Girl (photo) / David Ibiyeomie Builds Home For The Elderly In Rivers State (Photos) / Nigerian Preacher Arrested For Public Disturbance In London(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.