Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. (40557 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Kennitrust(m): 5:51am On Jun 11, 2017
Listen to ur dad and stop complaining

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by LeanonGOD(m): 5:53am On Jun 11, 2017
Gospel Truth for those who have ears. God bless you.
Ishilove:
I don't see what the problem is... He's your father. If you are not used to him by now then when will you be used to him? Is it when he has gone to a place where you can't reach him?

If you feel embarrassed about how he relates with your friends then keep them away from your home. Simple.

Some have shoes, but have no legs, some have legs, but have no shoes. Meanwhile those that have legs and shoes are complaining about the shoes.

Enjoy him while you can because there are many out there who will give almost anything to have a father.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sharpwriter(m): 5:55am On Jun 11, 2017
phlamesG:

This guy no just geh sense
Lol...
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by seguno2: 6:00am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

Let me use 5 out of million of scenario to define my case.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

4. He talks every seconds when he is in the house or when anyone is with him.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.

He should see a psychotherapist.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Holywizard: 6:02am On Jun 11, 2017
Yoruba man. 1. Maybe ur dad was a female before.
Transgender.
2. He reincarnated.
Ur grandma's spirit is in him.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by oyewoleabiola21(m): 6:03am On Jun 11, 2017
This is the most hilarious thread ever on Nairaland.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Tedassie(m): 6:06am On Jun 11, 2017
rosalieene:
Hi twinnie...nice dp kiss
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by mykel25(m): 6:09am On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

You'll be in a body bag! grin

You typed that outta my hands
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by CodeBlooded: 6:10am On Jun 11, 2017
Ishilove:
I don't see what the problem is... He's your father. If you are not used to him by now then when will you be used to him? Is it when he has gone to a place where you can't reach him?

If you feel embarrassed about how he relates with your friends then keep them away from your home. Simple.

Some have shoes, but have no legs, some have legs, but have no shoes. Meanwhile those that have legs and shoes are complaining about the shoes.

Enjoy him while you can because there are many out there who will give almost anything to have a father.
Someono like me.
If only I can turn back the hands of time
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by godquality: 6:11am On Jun 11, 2017
Am no phycologist but maybe he just need someone to actually listen to him. Granted he talks too much but do you guys even listen to him? Do you guys try to engage him once in a while in a meaningful discussion?. Your dad may need just attention from his family and he's either not getting it or not getting as much as he would like. And have anyone even told him he talks too much? He might not even realise it so maybe your mum or the most senior child or the whole family have an intervention and tell him.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 11, 2017
To come to Nairaland and criticise the Man you claim is your dad.., there are two things involve..,
1. Go get a DNA test and confirm if you are his child (real kids don't criticise their parent in Public)
2. Refer to 1 above.

It's his House if you can't cope get the help out and fend for your nagging ass
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Movicq(m): 6:25am On Jun 11, 2017
cut his head out..... e won't talk much again.....
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by AuroraB(f): 6:26am On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

You'll be in a body bag! grin
cheesy Funny something grin grin
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by yinkslinks(m): 6:27am On Jun 11, 2017
Tell your mom to always put mouth in his dikey and you will see changes.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by jfleece(m): 6:29am On Jun 11, 2017
I think ur dad is getting old, talking too much comes with old age, buh each time he is talking u shd politely walk away.....
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nicepoker(m): 6:31am On Jun 11, 2017
leave the man alone
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Malakh: 6:34am On Jun 11, 2017
Proverbs 29:20 KJVS
Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
Ecclesiastes 10:14 KJVS
A fool also is full of words: a man cannot tell what shall be; and what shall be after him, who can tell him?
Proverbs 29:11 KJVS
A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
Proverbs 17:28 KJVS
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by RoyalMentor(m): 6:37am On Jun 11, 2017
Since you said he says sensible things, keep bearing up with him, perhaps that's his pattern of holding his family together.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by vincentjk(m): 6:37am On Jun 11, 2017
My dad too sabi quarel anyhow
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Sterope(f): 6:39am On Jun 11, 2017
He is your dad. Deal with it.

I don't see how this calls for you leaving the house. You will soon leave someday, take a chill pill for now.

You can try not to argue with him, just accept his opinion. You can make up emergency reasons to free guests or yourself from him.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by billyG(m): 6:40am On Jun 11, 2017
U shld thank God he only talk too much,not nagged too much,& blame u for every damn thing,blame a dead man for dieing,even blame u for nigeria recession.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by yourstruely: 6:41am On Jun 11, 2017
Guyman02:
A good child will listen attentively when her father is talking and learn and get a lot of necessary information that will be useful in future, but unfortunately you prefer to concentrate on your phone, browsing and testing.

In recent past adults used to tell a lot of stories to the kids and they were never accused of talking too much like kids of nowadays.

Modern gadgets is taking the place of interpersonal relationships in families sadly and you are a victim just like many of us

Nawa for u oooo! Necessary info including my friends life history? u made some sense in the relationship aspect but times change. my best remedy? deal with it!
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by 99foxxy(f): 6:41am On Jun 11, 2017
You haven't seen nothing yet, it will be worse when he ages so bear it and don't respond to him at times.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by mamachizzy(f): 6:41am On Jun 11, 2017
My dear, I think its just old age. My dad does almost the same thing. But we always listen, we turn it in to a family affair and just laugh. Trust me, that man won't be around for ever, u better appreciate him now that he is around. Anyway I found out that when we listen and actually chip in our own ideas, he doesn't talk much. Love daddy like no man on earth
and wait oooo who born u say my papa dey talk u dey press phone? My senior siblings will send u 6 feet bellow. that thine is out right disrespectful. no matter what he is saying u shouldn't be on ur phone.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by UjSizzle(f): 6:48am On Jun 11, 2017
It's either he misses you people or he's just a natural talkative who loves to hear himself talk (I have a client that talks for Africa. You have to escape to make him stop).

Sadly, there's nothing sensible you can do about it. Just find a way to excuse yourself. But sometimes, try listening AND TALKING to him. It's nice to have a conversation with your kids.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Blonchilli(m): 6:50am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.
Lol! I have relative like this. One I've stopped going to his place. Last time I did I was in Secondary school and he was talking from 2pm-8pm cheesy another one talked from 8pm-2 am. And surprisingly what they talk about is different from the previous. I mean it's like 1000 people have to share a story. What I do once they start I pretend I'm sleeping. But he's your dad best way is talk with him, but that could be a 10 hour discussion grin
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Dyt(f): 6:51am On Jun 11, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

DYT! DYT!! DYT!!!

How many times did I call you? Come and Learn. Thank you Ginaz for sharing. Of a truth we easily take those who love us for granted. It's a lesson for you and now you're paying it forward - educating others. God bless your heart.
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by ExInferis(m): 6:55am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

Kill him.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by tigerwoods38: 6:57am On Jun 11, 2017
Book for today's game now

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by 9jatatafo(m): 7:00am On Jun 11, 2017
sexybbstar:
My maternal grandfather too is like that and my mum and her siblings always dread his visit. Even I as the grand daughter don't enjoy the home during his visit. Cook beans for him(wahala), cook rice (wahala), prepare amala(problem).. Give him pounced yam(u are the best). He would tell everyone when he returns home how you prepared rice for him instead of pounded yam(he can eat it 3 times daily for the rest of his life). He can travel from one state to another to visit another child and relate the story of how u cooked rice for him. One of his daughter in law made a big mistake by preparing bread nd tea, I swear if he's a journalist it would be all over the newspapers.
Secrecy is not in his dictionary... He would tell everyone how the husband of his daughter hasn't bought a car for her.... Nonsense all through Sha.

He's not even caring... Whenever he's coming to to visit, he would keep a small cane in his bag incase my siblings misbehave(can u imagine)

But grandma is a total opposite of him(the best grandma in the world)

Then always serve him pounded yam, end of story
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by SilvanusII(m): 7:00am On Jun 11, 2017
I think its a classic case of reversal. All the talk wey dem suppose talk as pikin, dem go dey form 'cool, calm, collected', 'only women talk too much'. Advice to young men; Say EVERYTHING now, if only with tact. And if you've families, talk with them. You can't in the name of "I'm the man of the house" not talk with ur kids now and expect they'd wanna talk with u in future. Your children would go to their mom who have nagged and spent all her energy alloted to talking and can only listen. I feel I am repeating myself
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by lade007(m): 7:01am On Jun 11, 2017
I don't know what this world is turning to. Your father talks too much? Children of these days self. I am sure you think he talks too much because you are still a kid and don't recognise the impact of his talks yet. When you grow a little bit older, you will have an understanding and the impact of what he is doing to you guys. My own advise is that you should enjoy the whole of it now, give him the attention he needs and be wise. The wisdom you need to grow up are tied around those words and not the social media that has engulfed and beclouded your view. I pray God helps you

My 100 Naira

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

His Maid Is Pregnant For Him And He Wants Abortion / What I Experienced In My Friend's House. / My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.