Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,309 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. (31301 Views)

Some Men Need To Think / Lady Says – Women Need Men More Than Men Need Them / "Apart From Sex, Women Have Nothing To Offer In A Relationship." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by mapist(m): 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
One thing I have realized from reading comments on this website is that a lot of men do not understand that some women have certain financial standards when it comes to dating, and nothing can make them lower those standards. So guys, when a lady says she can't date a broke guy, try to first ruminate on the information I want to pass across before deciding to label her with derogatory appellations.

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed pathetic.

How does anyone expect a woman who is working towards being financially successful and expending time and energy towards this goal, to settle for some guy who earns WAY less than she does? How can a financially ambitious woman lower her standards and spend years waiting for some guy "who has potential" to make it? Let me unpack this last statement because it's a bit radioactive. There are different gradations of potential and that's why I used quotation marks. There are men who have an education that confers a high competitive advantage in the job market, or skills that can catapult them to high rungs on the financial ladder. If a financially ambitious woman meets this kind of guy and he is working hard everyday to become financially stable and secure, then she can lower her standards a bit and grind with him, but only for a while. If after few months or years and this guy isn't making any progress and she decides to go, no one should blame her. Maybe the guy isn't smart enough or isn't just lucky enough. She has the right to leave him and find someone who is financially compatible with her. Yes.
But this only applies to men who have real potential, not some guy who just has a degree or skills and isn't taking diligent steps to improve his finances.

What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education. It's not the fault of a financially ambitious woman who is financially bouyant herself if she doesn't want to mingle with broke people, let alone date them.

Instead of dating a guy that has good qualities, the kind of women I am referring to would rather find financially bouyant and ambitious men like themselves, and then proceed to look for these good qualities. And YES they are justified in doing that. Abi is it only broke guys that have good qualities?

Lastly, if any guy is asking out women who don't fall into the category of women I am referring to, then such guy has low standards and deserves the rejection he is receiving from his fellow broke girl.

grin...but, you ought to remember you/so called buoyant ladies were once broke before you started to make this money. Are you saying you/such ladies do not deserve intimate relationships with men at this point of your/their lives?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by pocohantas(f): 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
itsmeurLady:
Most NL guys don't like seeing such post.... I don't know if mediocrity is the order of the day for most of them here

Honestly I don't just understand some of them.
A lady reserves the right to seek a particular kind of man, as long as she is deserving of him and he finds her deserving of him too!

What's all the biological clock talk.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

"God's blessings" you say. That doesn't fit into my school of thought. I believe that every failure can be attributed to a short-coming. I believe that people like to hide their inadequacies behind "God's lack of favor". A boy can't pass his exams; God hasn't smiled on him. Never mind that he could study a bit harder.

Anyway, there are people who are late-bloomers. Like the case you mentioned. Late bloomers don't suit everyone; and if you let go of someone who later made it in life, it still wasn't a mistake. You want someone who runs a race with you in tandem. You will realize it is better to let go of someone when they slow you down.

The post makes some assumptions. For instance, an education gives people a better chance to find financial success. It is not meant to offend your sensibilities. It's only meant to help you identify factors that could be responsible for the fact that someone hasn't escaped a desperate financial state. Education is not equal to a certificate, mind you. But of course, not all broke guys are uneducated and not all educated people are broke.
inadequacies are weakness. And one reason we get into relationships is to help the other party's weakness into strength. The earlier you realise success is not by who know book, get drive or network pass. The better. Success is a sum of God, opportunity, hardwork. When one is missing there is always a problem. Have you ever wondered why some men do better abroad than in Nigeria?? Put simply, th opportunity is there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
OP is totally blind and only talked about money as the subject here. She's purely a gold-digger. I don't really blame her. I only blame guys who crave for her.

She's obviously an end time girl! Believe me!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by 99foxxy(f): 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
One thing I have realized from reading comments on this website is that a lot of men do not understand that some women have certain financial standards when it comes to dating, and nothing can make them lower those standards. So guys, when a lady says she can't date a broke guy, try to first ruminate on the information I want to pass across before deciding to label her with derogatory appellations.

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed pathetic.

How does anyone expect a woman who is working towards being financially successful and expending time and energy towards this goal, to settle for some guy who earns WAY less than she does? How can a financially ambitious woman lower her standards and spend years waiting for some guy "who has potential" to make it? Let me unpack this last statement because it's a bit radioactive. There are different gradations of potential and that's why I used quotation marks. There are men who have an education that confers a high competitive advantage in the job market, or skills that can catapult them to high rungs on the financial ladder. If a financially ambitious woman meets this kind of guy and he is working hard everyday to become financially stable and secure, then she can lower her standards a bit and grind with him, but only for a while. If after few months or years and this guy isn't making any progress and she decides to go, no one should blame her. Maybe the guy isn't smart enough or isn't just lucky enough. She has the right to leave him and find someone who is financially compatible with her. Yes.
But this only applies to men who have real potential, not some guy who just has a degree or skills and isn't taking diligent steps to improve his finances.

What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education. It's not the fault of a financially ambitious woman who is financially bouyant herself if she doesn't want to mingle with broke people, let alone date them.

Instead of dating a guy that has good qualities, the kind of women I am referring to would rather find financially bouyant and ambitious men like themselves, and then proceed to look for these good qualities. And YES they are justified in doing that. Abi is it only broke guys that have good qualities?

Lastly, if any guy is asking out women who don't fall into the category of women I am referring to, then such guy has low standards and deserves the rejection he is receiving from his fellow broke girl.
Thumb up.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by MrDojo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
undecided undecided undecided undecided lemme just go..... before I say something that will cause wahala
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Great4God: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Any man that knows His onion, that knows where He is heading to should not take it personal when a woman says no to His feelings based on His financial standing. It is expected to motivate you to achieve higher things, anytime a woman says no to me with the impression that I am not capable enough, It pushes me the more to achieve, I always take that as a challenge. I had an experience when I was much younger, a girl I had a strong feelings for told me plainly that I wasn't up to her standard then, I didn't take it out with her, I didn't hate or abuse her, but I simply told myself that I would be back for her,yes after 3 years,I was ready for her and She couldn't stand me again, my capacity, my intelligence, she lacked confidence where I was.I have a deep respect for any woman that knows and defines what she wants,it is never a crime, In life, while we are grateful to people who opened their doors for us, we should also be grateful to those that closed their doors to our face,they contributed to the success we attain in this life,that is only when you are passionate enough to succeed. If a woman ignores you because you don't have a car, it is not bad,She needs a guy with a car for convenience,all she told you was to go get a car and when you do,no be you go enjoy am

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Irony of it all, ambitious lady don't look for rich men, they look for a guy who has ambition/drive to be successful and he is putting it into action.
Your life your choice.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Dfinex(f): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
majekdom2:
Kids that no nothing about life. The earlier many of you start to realise finances is only a status in life the better/easier relating with people will be. A rich man today can become lesser than he is. I do not mean Poor. His capabilities may reduce but that's not to say he will remain there forever. Pray life teaches you its lessons early, it well help you. The key thing is identifying a zealous/hard-working man and support him with prayers. A hardworking man knows his woman will be in need and will always struggle to provide even if it is not upto the lady's expectation. I don't blame many that put money before anything in their life tho. It's only the environment they have found themselves.

Word.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by nahzyla: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
itsmeurLady:
Most NL guys don't like seeing such post.... I don't know if mediocrity is the order of the day for most of them here
Mediocrity for women.
In their minds men can have standards but women should settle for garbage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by iPopAlomo(m): 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Sorry about my statement about you not being able to read. I didn't mean to be rude. That wasn't even my intention.

Women and men aren't the same. Men don't go into relationships for the same reasons as women and men certainly don't have the same needs or responsibilities as women. A guy dating a woman who is hardworking but broke, isn't the equivalent of a woman dating a guy who is broke. Men are conventionally, and I'd argue naturally the providers in a relationship. Women are naturally inclined to want their man to take the driving seat in the relationship, in all aspects. To put it plainly, women want men who can provide and take care of them. It doesn't mean she shouldn't strive to be financially successful, but this is the reality of relationships. On the other hand, no man goes into a relationship expecting his woman to take care of him. In fact, most men prefer to be more financially successful than their partners. I hope I have answered your question?

Don't bring me back to this. I have already explained what I meant. Yes. Being financially successful is indicative of intelligence. Intelligence is a broad them that admits of various definitions, but my definition of intelligence, which subsumes most of the definitions which you'd come across anywhere, is being able to utilize acquired knowledge in solving problems. And why are you fixating on Intelligence? There are other qualities I mentioned alongside intelligence that being wealthy is indicative of. Dino and Evans are intelligent people. Dino is a wealthy politician who has occupied various high level political posts in the past. You have to be intelligent to be able to do this. Evans was able to kidnap lots of people, gain profit from the act and remain hidden and undetected for many years. Only an intelligent person can achieve this. I am not in anyway justifying the morally reprehensible crimes of Evans and the bad things Dino Malaye has done in the past. I am just trying to answer your question about whether or not they are intelligent. When I say someone is financially successful, hardworking, ambitious and goal oriented, and wants someone who shares the same traits as she does, I am obviously not referring to people like Evans and Dino. The kind of women I categorically referred to in my OP certainly aren't concerned about just money. Money is a standard among other standards. Certainly this kind of woman would examine the past and present of her potential spouse. She'd date someone who she knows his source of income, and who she is certain this source of income is safe and won't jeopardize her life in the future. Obviously someone like Evans and yahoo boys don't fit this criteria. You are making it seem like all financially successful men are touts or kidnappers and all broke guys are morally upright.

Most successful men are touts or kidnappers and most broke guys are morally upright...

There... I've fixed it...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by mrphysics(m): 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
Cogent:
Lubya and Raggedy Ann, you two made very solid arguments in this thread. You basically said the truth and reality of situations.

Unfortunately many men don't expect women to have standards for themselves. They want women to just settle for any lazy leech that comes their way while the men themselves set hypocrital standards for their future wives (Virgin, God fearing, humble, working class etc). It's up to you ladies to ignore their attempts to shut you down and go for what you want in life.

Wanting an ambitious man when you are successful is what any smart lady would do, nothing is wrong with that. Pursue your dreams and date only successful guys because the guys criticizing and insulting you on this thread would never date lazy or unambititious women themselves.
Keep typing rubbish for likes. You have failed to see the many leakages in what she wrote. Class what. Ask her how much she earns and you realize she is poor.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by youngvito: 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Easily one of the best articles i have read on nairaland. A far cry from the typical uninformative and intellectually barren threads.
Financial compatibility is of utmost importance to women of substance, fellas, its as simple as that. The alpha male understands this concept deeply and consequently stays ahead of the pack in the quest for a dime chick. Certain women wud push you to the limits of ambition, financial intelligence and confidence, these women are typically worth the trouble when you consider what they are bringing to the table as well
The write up was righteous to say the least..... great stuff

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by nahzyla: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
pocohantas:

Honestly I don't just understand some of the.
A lady reserves th right to seek a particular kind of man, as long as she is deserving of him and he finds her deserving of him too!

To threaten and scare women into settling for lazy NFA (no future ambition) men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Deyvid123(m): 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
OP, pls take a step back and have a rethink about this your "idealism". Saying a Lady shouldn't date a guy she earns more than is stupid and a bit childish. Intelligence doesn't mean wealth and vice versa. A lot of people inherited their wealth, does that make them intelligent or lucky?. Even from a biblical perspective, it is written: "the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong... but time and chance happen to them all".
According to your write-up, you mentioned a rich girl can date a broke guy and decide to move on if the guy doesn't show signs of progress after some time, but do you know some broke guys became millionaires/billionaires after they got married?
This is just my two cents anyway.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
As in ehn... this kinda talk dey pepper them wella grin
itsmeurLady:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
mrphysics:

Keep typing rubbish for likes. You have failed to see the many leakages in what she wrote. Class what. Ask her how much she earns and you realize she is poor.
Absolutely!
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by misano(m): 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Where did I say I go into relationships just because of money? The category of women I am referring to, which I believe I belong to, don't go into relationships just because of money. Certainly they have other standards, but money is one of those standards. Shikena.

I never said money equates intelligence. I said being financially successful is indicative of intelligence. And yes it is. Money isn't easy to get. Only someone who is intelligent can get it. And by intelligence, I don't mean memorizing data and writing an exam. I mean being able to utilize acquired knowledge and inherent skills in solving real problems. Dino Malaye is an intelligent man. Obviously.

I didn't say a lady should leave a man she loves if he becomes broke. I said a lady can date a broke but hardworking and ambitious guy who has potential, but can choose to leave him if he isn't making progress. Abi can't you read?

I totally agree with ur original post o but dis ur reply is gabash... Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by pocohantas(f): 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
nahzyla:

To threaten and scare women into settling for lazy NFA (no future ambition) men.
When their girlfriends leave them to marry another since her biological clock is ticking, they will come hear to complain again.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by mapist(m): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

So if a woman has financial standards, she should now lower it for some guy because of what? What does the guy have to offer that more financially bouyant and ambitious men don't have? Is it by force to date somebori? It's not like she sees men as lower status, it's just that she can't date them. Shikena. Is it your life? Is it not her life?
Most wealthy men are ambitious, intelligent, well informed and successful, and when they marry, they marry equally intelligent, ambitious, well informed and successful women. Stop watching Nollywood movies and engage with reality.

Oh please. It's not only the women who marry rich men that suffer domestic abuse. Women who are married to broke men also suffer domestic abuse. Domestic violence occurs across all boards.

Lolzzz. Sorry to say this but you are so ignorant about reality. Who told you white women aren't concerned about financial status? How many white women do you know? There are women of different races who have financial standards, and so can't settle for less. And they have the right to. Instead of complaining and abusing them, why don't you strive to be financially successful so you can meet the standards of most women?

I beg your pardon ma, in a Nigerian setting, most wealthy men arent what you quoted on your second paragraph. Look around you and think objectively; you ll get to agree with me..Evans is an e.g, the political class is another. Only very few rich men here are enterprising, genuine and sincere except perhaps, you are looking at things from the perspective of the Nigerian middleclass.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Chikkichukky(f): 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
Friendship is best among equals. Stick to ur kind

#TeamNoPussyForPoorGuys grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by misano(m): 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
yes I can read thank you

So you said a lady should leave the guy right if he is not making it , now here is my question what if something bad were to happen to this very" sucessful lady" and she seems not to be making progress too
What do you suggest for the very successful guy to do?

Or really, I guess you didn't read in your post where you said uneducated, unintelligent is a trait of broke guys right
So you mean been a tout like maleye or rouge like evans is now new the intelligent and educated for you very "successful ladies"

Really, now you tell me you don't go Into relationship because of money because all I saw in your earlier post was money, money, money and money
However, since you claim you have other things you go into relationship for, why don't you enlighten us

Exactly... U get brain.....
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by itsmeurLady(f): 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
pocohantas:

Honestly I don't just understand some of them.
A lady reserves the right to seek a particular kind of man, as long as she is deserving of him and he finds her deserving of him too!

Dey use the biological clock thingy for ladies that don't kno themselves.... dem Genevieve If they declare today that they are searching, men will still throw themselves at them... Linda Ikeji nko... Beauty with brains is never stale!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by mapist(m): 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Where did I say I go into relationships just because of money? The category of women I am referring to, which I believe I belong to, don't go into relationships just because of money. Certainly they have other standards, but money is one of those standards. Shikena.

I never said money equates intelligence. I said being financially successful is indicative of intelligence. And yes it is. Money isn't easy to get. Only someone who is intelligent can get it. And by intelligence, I don't mean memorizing data and writing an exam. I mean being able to utilize acquired knowledge and inherent skills in solving real problems. Dino Malaye is an intelligent man. Obviously.

I didn't say a lady should leave a man she loves if he becomes broke. I said a lady can date a broke but hardworking and ambitious guy who has potential, but can choose to leave him if he isn't making progress. Abi can't you read?

Dino Melaye intelligent? Lol..well, you are entitled to an opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by nahzyla: 7:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
Give a man two choices between two well behaved women, one of them is a woman who can support them in providing financially and the other is poor and depends on them, they will choose to marry the one that can support them financially.
but when women want the same thing they are gold diggers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
Chikkichukky:
Friendship is best among equals. Stick to ur kind

#TeamNoPussyForPoorGuys grin
Hahahahaha. Do you actually trade your pussy for money?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Awho(m): 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

am so amazed by your high level of rationality i must say I commend this piece and simply wish most guys learn to come to terms with reality rather than dwell in the figment of their imagination

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Daeylar(f): 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
nahzyla:

Mediocrity for women.
In their minds men can have standards but women should settle for garbage.

This is just the issue,

Atleast I can see some reasonable men understand the op's point and agree with the her

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
DeeTus:

Na wa oh..Where have you been ?
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
There is just so much wrong with your piece. There is blackmail, logical error, factual inconsistency, wishful thinking, undefined terms. And they are all packed so densely that it takes critical reflection to unpack it all.

Lubyna:
... This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially buoyant
1. Undefined term:
You failed to define what you mean by financially buoyant.

2. Wishful thinking:
This is clearly wishful thinking. Like seriously, what percentage of the population of Nigerian women are in this category? I know you'd like every woman to be financially buoyant so that they won't have to be at the "mercy" of a man. But alas! Even men are on a tightrope.

3. Logical inconsistency:
First of all, we have to consider what makes women call guys "broke". Its simply because they've asked for something and the guy couldn't afford it. If they know the guy can afford it but won't buy it, they'll call him stingy. So we got our working definition of broke.

The major flaw in your this statement is that you assume that ONLY women who can't afford something for themselves ask men for it. Wrong! What you're saying is akin to claiming that people who have lots of money don't steal. Ask stealer odua or yakubu saraki. So in case you don't know, whether a woman is financially buoyant or not, she'll still ask a man for gifts.

Lubyna:

I really did agree with some of the points in the body of your piece, but your conclusion is an epic fail.

1. Blackmail:
In your world, its okay for a woman to "sometimes" lower her standards so she can meet a man halfway. But when a guy does go after a woman who is lower in the financial ladder, he IS. low standards personified. You could not even countenance the fact that a guy could lower his standards to meet a woman halfway. You once again bring up the tested and proven technique of blackmail. Yes! Women live on blackmail. Shaming men into doing something they won't do ordinarily.

"You're such a loser going after broke girls," says a woman like you.

So a man thinks to himself,
"If I'm not to be considered a loser, then I have to go for "big" girls.
And if I'm to go for big girls, I have to meet their standards.
And if I'm to meet their standards I have to work my ass off and bring home the money
And if I can't get that money I'm looking for then I'm a failure.
So I have to keep trying and trying and trying...."all so he could please a woman

This is a woman's most effective weapon guys. In case you're reading just to learn. Let no woman blackmail you. If you want your bed warm at night, contrary to what OP thinks, you can get two for a penny, plus you get to enjoy your hard-earned money.

OP, the world doesn't work the way you wish for it to work. There will be broke guys and broke ladies. And broke ladies will far outnumber the broke guys because nature has made it so that the guys can take up practically any kind of job. And for the few juicy job out there, there are only a few ladies who will actually get them compared to guys. So financial standards or not, a woman who wants a man for a man's sake will go after a man. A woman who wants a man for money's sake will go after a man with money. It matters not what her account balance is.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

No, you misunderstand me. I said a person should leave once they're being held back by their mate because that amounts to an unhealthy relationship. In the course of this back and forth, I mentioned the attributes of a go getter: diligence, drive, discipline, intelligence and, yes, luck. All of which bring the sort of energy that a fellow go-getter craves to enhance their own vibe. A laggard, however, brings on a negativity (laziness, complacency, etc) which is undesirable; and with a late-bloomer, one would require the patience of job to watch them eventually discover their niche.

I also said that failures should be disintegrated and attributed to whatever inadequacies fit: laziness, indiscipline, immaturity. A person cannot consistently have bad luck. If it seems like that's the case, he's probably not doing the things he should.

So when I say that a person is being held back by his/her mate, it's not about the money in the account. It's about contributing to/ enabling or not interfering with their personal progress and also the vision they have for themselves. And it goes both ways. Some men, for instance, would reckon that their fiancée would graduate in four years (they want a wife with at least a first degree). Then she spends ten years and still has nothing to show for it. She changes schools a few times but still cannot cut it. It becomes apparent that she's dull, or lazy, or unfavored by God. But such a man must make a decision if he will adjust his dreams to accommodate his woman's inadequacies (which will still reflect on the household) or if he should cut her loose without compromise.

Of course, this is when decisions are made with one's head. When the heart is involved, illogical things happen. But not everyone will find love in their prime childbearing age and so people forge ahead instead of waiting around.

To your penultimate point: If someone you have already identified as a go-getter loses his money, he would not lose his character. So he's still very viable. He can become detrimental to the relationship if he is suddenly consumed by anger and depression and not responding to psychiatric treatment. He would even affect the children negatively. This is why people make the hard decision to split up.

On the insults: grin it wasn't supposed flatter anyone either, so please forgive the fact that the fragile egos of some guys were not seriously considered before composing this.
can I define you in two words. negative and positive. You are Non tolerating and a go getter. You believe it must "Happen". If it's no happening then there is something wrong somewhere. Whilst it's good to always make it happen and ascertain checks when it's not happening. There are certain answers to questions life will never give us answers to. You need some little philosophy. It will help

1 Like

DeeTus:

heard from that crazy dude dating so many girls and naming them by how they taste? I've forgotten his moniker...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At A Bar And Event Centre (Photos) / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Her Induction In Medical Council / Guys, Have You Ever Been Asked Out By A Female?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.