Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. (31300 Views)

Some Men Need To Think / Lady Says – Women Need Men More Than Men Need Them / "Apart From Sex, Women Have Nothing To Offer In A Relationship." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by itsmeurLady(f): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
Fabulocity:
As in ehn... this kinda talk dey pepper them wella grin

Dats their business.... na ppl wey nor know their worth na them dey listen to this their funny talks...

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Awho(m): 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
hibiscus76:
its a pity no one talks about Love anymore... marriage shouldn't be all about money oo OP..

sister please can you learn to come to terms with reality and stop this tales about love?

you should understand that a mans level of growth is grossly affected by the type of woman he chooses as a spouse and vis versa.. so?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
SO THIS MADE FRONT PAGE
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Shedrack777: 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
With these your write up, i think i agree lesbianism should be legalised. just imagine what someone have in mind. smh!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Olamid234(m): 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Fabulocity:
As in ehn... this kinda talk dey pepper them wella grin
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by mapist(m): 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

I think it was clear. True success is not accidental. It's a convergence of several variables: diligence, intelligence, discipline, drive, focus, and a bit of luck too. These are all desirable qualities in a potential mate (or even just friends). And people who exhibit these traits eventually become successful. Money follows naturally.

Now you might want to throw people like Melaye into the category of successful men, but I don't think he cuts it. He might be wealthy, yes, but how did he get there? We all know that most of these politicians are thieves who have nothing to contribute except the cash. A man who has built himself into a success at his legitimate field may not have the stupid cash these politicians throw around, but he would have a bank of lessons learned, and the character that he's honed over the time it took to get his wealth. It's durable.

The post is not implying that if a man runs into some bad luck, a woman should leave him. It simply suggests that consistent failures should be looked at critically because they may be as a result of a series of bad decisions which may prove a level of indiscipline, immaturity, or laziness. These qualities have ways of affecting a relationship negatively too. And yes, guys are also free to make such inferences.

I think you have hijacked the post from it's owner because you seem to drive home your points with logical explanations bearing in mind the Nigerian landscape.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Daeylar:

I've seen the offending paragraph, well what can I say, embarassed maybe she would explain better,

what I'm saying though is that she never stated that it's all about money (which is what some posters were trying to accuse her of doing) and that is what she maintained to this point, it's about the fact that everyone has standards and the ladies shouldn't be shamed for having such standards which you seem to agree with. smiley
whilst it is good to have standards and expectations. Only a few ladies from average/low status would refuse a marriage proposal from adenuga or dangote's family. If you ask me, isn't that too high for the lady? See, we can always want to find a way to suit our sentiments, we all know what Op is talking about. My point remains Finance is a status and it can change positively or negatively. Personality/ character/ attitude/ reasoning is a being. It is unchangeable most times.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by chronique(m): 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Op was making sense until her last statement and subsequent responses, makes it sound like she's confused. I agree that women have financial standards and I've always advocated that guys should never hate or resent them for being rejected based on that. Rather, it should spur you on, and challenge you as a man to work harder. But whatever it is, when you become very successful, make sure you don't date such a person no matter how much you love her. Reason is, you'd find yourself continually struggling to meet certain standards and it would be difficult to see life and success from other prisms apart from the financial point of view. Not every one finds satisfaction in material things and if you are in such a category, you might start suffering from depression and other stuffs.

I as a person, want to be very wealthy and rich but my desire for such isn't really to live in affluence, but to impact in the lives of others. I would someday, love to become a philanthropist. At the end of the day, my desire to be rich, isn't for myself but for others. I love living life in the simplest of ways, and love to be free. I am the kind of person who can borrow money just to help someone else. A lady who is obsessed with financial standards and all that, might have issues with me when it seems like I have but don't have...

At the end of the day, everyone should be allowed to live life like they want but if you aren't too thrilled with financial or material things, avoid ladies who are too particular about money. Money is good, it gives confidence and makes life easy. But at the end of the day, it isn't really what gives everyone satisfaction. Some people value success by the number of lives they have touched, than the amount of money amassed in their account. So long as I can afford the things that I want and need, I'm OK. Whatever extra I make should be used to touch the lives of others. What's wealth to you when your next door neighbor is hungry and a potential threat to you cos he hasn't eaten? Think,people!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
connectpoint:

Na wa oh..Where have you been ?
I have been around. Please leave call girls alone to continue to showcase their trade online.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
again you bring back money to support your argument

How can you say this when in your last post you claimed I was running from the issue which you claim is clearly about money. Now you're saying I'm bringing money into the issue again? undecided

greyboy5000:

Well what I was saying is the that hard work doesn't equate money gotten at least at some stage, otherwise labouers will have been the richest in the world

I listed a several attributes, including diligence, that translate to success. But you keep limiting that list to one or two. Laborers aren't even necessarily the hardest workers in the world as hard work doesn't necessarily mean you would be using your hands. Intellectual capacity is, in some cases, even more marketable than muscles.

greyboy5000:
Now ops post clearly insult some people(broke guys) as a way to look down on them and justify her decision, otherwise why mention them at all
She use derogratry words like uneducated and lack of intelligence to make them look bad
Now i pointed to Dino malaye and Evans who are rich but not worthy of Parises she gave to rich guys in her post to counter her

Maybe to this I should just say sorry again. But she categorizes broke guys as those who are perceived to have potential and those who are perceived not to have potential. Where she advises women to give a chance to a man she considers to have potential, she warns against investing too much time in a man without a plan. What is insulting about that? Then she says those broke guys who have been unable to improve themselves may be battling certain traits that sabotage success. Like a lack of intelligence, or lack of education, or laziness, et al.....traits that are naturally unattractive and may also influence a relationship negatively. Is this what you consider insulting? It's a process of troubleshooting.

greyboy5000:
Now back to my analogy which you twisted

I did not twist your analogy it's intact. You said that the boy had demonstrated his drive graduating top of his class and then was unable to get a job. You left it hanging at that.

greyboy5000:
There no evidence to suggest in life that lack of immediate success is as result of giving up. Hence, your fat guy analogy won't work

A lack of immediate success might not be as a result of giving up, but giving up does lead to a lack of success. And in my analogy, I clearly stated that the lady resigns and stops exercising. Choosing to blame her weight on bad genetics, even though she had once successfully lost the weight by being disciplined and driven. The point is that these qualities have to be demonstrated consistently. I made this analogy to fill the gap you left with the guy who could not get a job after graduation. I said he needs to re-evaluate his position in the face of his disappointments and channel his drive into something worthwhile.

greyboy5000:
So if a guy keep trying and he is ambitious as the lady but not as immediately lucky as his gf
Should you suggest the lady leave for another guy or stick to him because of attributes such as the hard work, passion and drive

But now you say that he keeps trying...........which is good and it's the point I made earlier: consistent drive and diligence and intelligent decision making, et al. But if you're referring to consistently pounding the pavement for several years, then he has not re-evaluated his position. Ambition, drive and diligence is not demonstrated in a vacuum. So, in everything, it's important to be honest with one's self; excuses will always exist. And if one tries to justify his plight, that's not very hard to do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by nahzyla: 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
Daeylar:

This is just the issue,

Atleast I can see some reasonable men understand the op's point and agree with the her
Thank God for the unbiased ones.
Honestly many nairaland men have issues. they start threads talking about how women should behave in order to get married early. how they should not depend on a guy for any thing but be ambitious and provide alongside their husbands. This thread is basically turning the tables saying women also deserve ambitious guys that can provide equally like their wives and they are here foaming at the mouth and insulting women like crazed lunatics.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Dey use the biological clock thingy for ladies that don't kno themselves.... dem Genevieve If they declare today that they are searching, men will still throw themselves at them... Linda Ikeji nko... Beauty with brains is never stale!!!!

Beauty with brains is never stale?

Beauty with brains still depreciate.

Even our die-for jollof rice goes stale!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
DeeTus:
I have been around. Please leave call girls alone to continue to showcase their trade online.

Well good to see you today..God help us..How is Abuja...how are you guys coping therewith the continuous absence of Bubu ?
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
DeeTus:

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by mapist(m): 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Sorry about my statement about you not being able to read. I didn't mean to be rude. That wasn't even my intention.

Women and men aren't the same. Men don't go into relationships for the same reasons as women and men certainly don't have the same needs or responsibilities as women. A guy dating a woman who is hardworking but broke, isn't the equivalent of a woman dating a guy who is broke. Men are conventionally, and I'd argue naturally the providers in a relationship. Women are naturally inclined to want their man to take the driving seat in the relationship, in all aspects. To put it plainly, women want men who can provide and take care of them. It doesn't mean she shouldn't strive to be financially successful, but this is the reality of relationships. On the other hand, no man goes into a relationship expecting his woman to take care of him. In fact, most men prefer to be more financially successful than their partners. I hope I have answered your question?

Don't bring me back to this. I have already explained what I meant. Yes. Being financially successful is indicative of intelligence. Intelligence is a broad them that admits of various definitions, but my definition of intelligence, which subsumes most of the definitions which you'd come across anywhere, is being able to utilize acquired knowledge in solving problems. And why are you fixating on Intelligence? There are other qualities I mentioned alongside intelligence that being wealthy is indicative of. Dino and Evans are intelligent people. Dino is a wealthy politician who has occupied various high level political posts in the past. You have to be intelligent to be able to do this. Evans was able to kidnap lots of people, gain profit from the act and remain hidden and undetected for many years. Only an intelligent person can achieve this. I am not in anyway justifying the morally reprehensible crimes of Evans and the bad things Dino Malaye has done in the past. I am just trying to answer your question about whether or not they are intelligent. When I say someone is financially successful, hardworking, ambitious and goal oriented, and wants someone who shares the same traits as she does, I am obviously not referring to people like Evans and Dino. The kind of women I categorically referred to in my OP certainly aren't concerned about just money. Money is a standard among other standards. Certainly this kind of woman would examine the past and present of her potential spouse. She'd date someone who she knows his source of income, and who she is certain this source of income is safe and won't jeopardize her life in the future. Obviously someone like Evans and yahoo boys don't fit this criteria. You are making it seem like all financially successful men are touts or kidnappers and all broke guys are morally upright.

Evans being intelligent, agreeable but Dino..i disagree. This is because, the political thugs used to carry out his will are brainless, lack judgement and have no focus. They live for the moment. Even the dullest of individuals can buy them over without much hassle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
majekdom2:
can I define you in two words. negative and positive. You are Non tolerating and a go getter. You believe it must "Happen". If it's no happening then there is something wrong somewhere. Whilst it's good to always make it happen and ascertain checks when it's not happening. There are certain answers to questions life will never give us answers to. You need some little philosophy. It will help

Alright, I agree with you. Thanks for the tip.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
connectpoint:

Well good to see you today..God help us..How is Abuja...how are you guys coping therewith the continuous absence of Bubu ?
I am not in Abuja now. Who is Bubu?
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by teebillz: 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to.

No woman as you categorically described above will make an open statement that she does not date broke guys. Those type of women use projections rather than present state of affairs to determine the suitability of a man for a date.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
One thing I have realized from reading comments on this website is that a lot of men do not understand that some women have certain financial standards when it comes to dating, and nothing can make them lower those standards. So guys, when a lady says she can't date a broke guy, try to first ruminate on the information I want to pass across before deciding to label her with derogatory appellations.

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed pathetic.

How does anyone expect a woman who is working towards being financially successful and expending time and energy towards this goal, to settle for some guy who earns WAY less than she does? How can a financially ambitious woman lower her standards and spend years waiting for some guy "who has potential" to make it? Let me unpack this last statement because it's a bit radioactive. There are different gradations of potential and that's why I used quotation marks. There are men who have an education that confers a high competitive advantage in the job market, or skills that can catapult them to high rungs on the financial ladder. If a financially ambitious woman meets this kind of guy and he is working hard everyday to become financially stable and secure, then she can lower her standards a bit and grind with him, but only for a while. If after few months or years and this guy isn't making any progress and she decides to go, no one should blame her. Maybe the guy isn't smart enough or isn't just lucky enough. She has the right to leave him and find someone who is financially compatible with her. Yes.
But this only applies to men who have real potential, not some guy who just has a degree or skills and isn't taking diligent steps to improve his finances.

What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education. It's not the fault of a financially ambitious woman who is financially bouyant herself if she doesn't want to mingle with broke people, let alone date them.

Instead of dating a guy that has good qualities, the kind of women I am referring to would rather find financially bouyant and ambitious men like themselves, and then proceed to look for these good qualities. And YES they are justified in doing that. Abi is it only broke guys that have good qualities?

Lastly, if any guy is asking out women who don't fall into the category of women I am referring to, then such guy has low standards and deserves the rejection he is receiving from his fellow broke girl.

SMH. This is what happens because of excess Rapunzel and Cinderella stories, confusing men and creating a generation of beta males...(thank God I snapped out of the feminine imperative). Listen I have seen women very pretty, once past their bloom, the beauty while still there isn't that enough to make me go gaga.
Real men don't make women the objective or goal of their lives, they merely spice up an already made life...I want to be rich, not for the hope of marrying some pretty girl,but cuz I wanna be rich. By the way give me $100 million dollars and 10 of the world's most pretty women (without their money), I'll take the money any day. I probably feel better wearing an expensive watch or reaching a target ( learning that new skill, developing that prototype to it's next stage, or whatever) than getting laid with a woman on scale 10..(unless of course she can help me be better and get more knowledge, skill or money). So the coochie ain't everything.
Finally I've learnt that as a guy, once u r focused on achieving...people, not just women get attracted to you.
Women want to sleep with you just for the primal need regardless of their relationship status or commitments.
At 15 I used to think of getting married and living in love and all that, now I'm checking scriptures to get moral backing to get a surrogate mama 4 years from now and arrange a contract marriage or better yet concubinage. I want to live long and not be in a fool's paradise.
God gave the planet to men to dominate but men are becoming stupid these days.
If you are a man and u have ever overlooked a more qualified male candidate for a job, contract, offer etc just because some female offered you sex, I don't care how old u are, on behalf of the real men association...you are STUPID.
If you are a man and you let your single mum emotionally blackmail you into hating and neglecting your father...on behalf of the real men out there....YOU ARE STUPID.
If you are one of those, who squander public funds on harlots...on behalf of the real men, You are STUPID.

Women are using sex as a tool to destroy men, and you are being foolish...u need a hard resetting slap.

Get a life...get ambition...relationships are not everything.
Build your man and these ladies will desire you out of their primal need.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by brownlolly(m): 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Your post makes sense to some people.

Good for all of you.

Lubyna:
One thing I have realized from reading comments on this website is that a lot of men do not understand that some women have certain financial standards when it comes to dating, and nothing can make them lower those standards. So guys, when a lady says she can't date a broke guy, try to first ruminate on the information I want to pass across before deciding to label her with derogatory appellations.

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed pathetic.

How does anyone expect a woman who is working towards being financially successful and expending time and energy towards this goal, to settle for some guy who earns WAY less than she does? How can a financially ambitious woman lower her standards and spend years waiting for some guy "who has potential" to make it? Let me unpack this last statement because it's a bit radioactive. There are different gradations of potential and that's why I used quotation marks. There are men who have an education that confers a high competitive advantage in the job market, or skills that can catapult them to high rungs on the financial ladder. If a financially ambitious woman meets this kind of guy and he is working hard everyday to become financially stable and secure, then she can lower her standards a bit and grind with him, but only for a while. If after few months or years and this guy isn't making any progress and she decides to go, no one should blame her. Maybe the guy isn't smart enough or isn't just lucky enough. She has the right to leave him and find someone who is financially compatible with her. Yes.
But this only applies to men who have real potential, not some guy who just has a degree or skills and isn't taking diligent steps to improve his finances.

What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education. It's not the fault of a financially ambitious woman who is financially bouyant herself if she doesn't want to mingle with broke people, let alone date them.

Instead of dating a guy that has good qualities, the kind of women I am referring to would rather find financially bouyant and ambitious men like themselves, and then proceed to look for these good qualities. And YES they are justified in doing that. Abi is it only broke guys that have good qualities?

Lastly, if any guy is asking out women who don't fall into the category of women I am referring to, then such guy has low standards and deserves the rejection he is receiving from his fellow broke girl.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by itsmeurLady(f): 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Secretario:

Beauty with brains is never stale?

Beauty with brains still depreciate.

Even our die-for jollof rice goes stale!

They haff come again oo...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Austinoiz(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Op, you spoke at lenght but ended up saying nothing.
My advice for you is to go and sit down. Stop deluding, love is so complex an institution for one to fully decipher how it works for everyone. You can only know what works for you.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by bayulll011(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Thanks.

I will be ready. I am always ready to defend the truth. grin

I refuse to read those gibberish you wrote down there,smh u av standard Abi no worry time will tell for now I keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
myking95:

SMH. This is what happens because of excess Rapunzel and Cinderella stories, confusing men and creating a generation of beta males...(thank God I snapped out of the feminine imperative). Listen I have seen women very pretty, once past their bloom, the beauty while still there isn't that enough to make me go gaga.
Real men don't women as the objective or goal of their lives, they merely spice up an already made life...I want to be rich, not for the hope of marrying some pretty girl,but cuz I wanna be rich. By the way give me $100 million dollars and a 10 of the world's most pretty women (without their money), I'll take the money any day. I probably feel better wearing an expensive watch or reaching a target ( learning that new skill, developing that prototype to it's next stage, or whatever) than getting laid with a woman on scale 10..(unless of course she can help me be better and get more knowledge, skill or money). So the coochie ain't everything.
Finally I've learnt that as a guy, once u r focused on achieving...people, not just women get attracted to you.
Women want to sleep with you just for the primal need regardless of their relationship status or commitments.
At 15 I used to think of getting married and living in love and all that, now I'm checking scriptures to get moral backing to get a surrogate mama 4 years from now and arrange a contract marriage or better yet concubinage. I want to live long and not be in a fool's paradise.
God gave the planet to men to dominate but men are becoming stupid these days.
If you are a man and u have ever overlooked a more qualified male candidate for a job, contract, offer etc just because some female offered you sex, I don't care how old u are, on behalf of he real men association...you are STUPID.
If you are a man and you let your single mum emotionally blackmail you into hating and neglecting your father...on behalf of the real men out there....YOU ARE STUPID.
If you are one of those, who squander public funds on harlots...on behalf of the real men, You are STUPID.

Women are using sex as a tool to destroy men, and you are being foolish...u need a hard resetting slap.

Get a life...get ambition...relationships are not everything.
Build your man and these ladies will desire you out of their primal need.
She's a kind of lady that can smell a wallet full of money from far distance. She's one of the runs girl. I was surprised she didn't talk about love. With this kind of girl, a lot of women are bound to unremain unmarried in their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by abbey621(m): 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education.

Thought the OP had reasonable facts to back up her points until I read the above sentences and realized she is just another educated illiterate who knows nothing about the topic she chose to talk about! How can someone combine laziness with lack of intelligence and also lump them with bad luck? In addition what the hell does being broke have to do with intelligence or lack of ambition? In my life I've seen very educated people struggle to get a job, I've seen hard working people struggle to make ends meet and I've also seen the laziest of humans blessed with abundant wealth. Getting back to the main topic, does the OP not realize that most of our mothers struggled with our fathers till they became financially sufficient? Does she not realize that destiny and fate are often manifests in a mysterious way? I've seen very rich couples end up as beggars on the streets and I've also seen poor, ghetto parents and children rise up to become owners of mansions. Next time stick to topics you can back up with facts not useless sentiments!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by passey: 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
OP, please
1. what is your working definition of BROKE and SUCCESSFUL(men/women)?
2. What percentage of the reference demographics(180 million Nigerians) fall into the two categories referred above?
3. Why would an "intelligent, hardworking lady with financial standards" still expect to be taken care of, financially?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Gourdoinc:
small small girls everywhere. you haven't seen anything. my dear tomorrow is always pregnant. on a tree in season not all fruits ripen at the same time. it doesn't make one fruit better or sweeter than the other because they reopened differently. as someone who was born into very great wealth and later lost some of it. I have seen grace to grass, I have also seen grass to grace and one thing I know is that wealth and success is a visitor and only good luck and chance brings it to your home. nobody works harder than the truck pusher, amongst yahoo boys some have been on it for years and made no Kobo and a little boy joins tomorrow and gets a million dollars. everyone on earth will bear his or name. we might all look alike but will have different destinies. it's not completely based on intelligence or hard work.

God gives life and success to whom he pleases and when he pleases. the devil also takes from whom he pleases and when he pleases. if whom you love is rich today and successful thank God for that gift and pray the devil never remembers your family. if whom you love is currently broke, have faith that God will remember your family and bring wealth and devil will never see you.

genuine love an intention is everything. marriage and love is like a seed you plant and God and good luck twined with good destiny will water and nourish it and hopefully wealth and greatness will come.

wealth is meaningless when you have had it and seen something else. we have been there, up and down and today we moving up again and I have realised. Na God get every every. my efforts are just for man. if God no gree all your efforts shall be in vain. cheers

PS. lubyna, raggedyann
it sad that the youth of today don't want to learn from people's experiences but feel they are wise to know. Many do not read thus their shadow mind. @ second bolded, I relate to that. You speak like Solomon. Na NL proverbs be this. WORDSOF WISDOM

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by misano(m): 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
Apology accepted

Now back to the argument
Now you are using a 15century logic to back up your arguments
Where on earth is it a law that men should be a provider or the only provider in a relationship
Well some guys in which I am part of prefare to have an independent lady for a reason you know
So what advice will you give a guy like me, in case she looses her independence?

Secondly, no i am not making it sound like every successful person is a rouge but rather you painted a very bad picture of broke guys which I tried to correct

Finally, now that you claim it takes some form of intelligence to kidnap or do yahooyahoo, are you indirectly suggesting broke guys try that so that can appear intelligent to successful ladies like you even if they not good or morally upright( your words not mine)

Exactly... I joined D thread late but men ur replies are 101% on point.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

How can you say this when in your last post you claimed I was running from the issue which you claim is clearly about money. Now you're saying I'm bringing money into the issue again? undecided

I listed a several attributes, including diligence, that translate to success. But you keep limiting that list to one or two. Laborers aren't even necessarily the hardest workers in the world as hard work doesn't necessarily mean you would be using your hands. Intellectual capacity is, in some cases, even more marketable than muscles.

Maybe to this I should just say sorry again. But she categorizes broke guys as those who are perceived to have potential and those who are perceived not to have potential. Where she advises women to give a chance to a man she considers to have potential, she warns against investing too much time in a man without a plan. What is insulting about that? Then she says those broke guys who have been unable to improve themselves may be battling certain traits that sabotage success. Like a lack of intelligence, or lack of education, or laziness, et al.....traits that are naturally unattractive and may also influence a relationship negatively. Is this what you consider insulting? It's a process of troubleshooting.

I did not twist your analogy it's intact. You said that the boy had demonstrated his drive graduating top of his class and then was unable to get a job. You left it hanging at that.

A lack of immediate success might not be as a result of giving up, but giving up does lead to a lack of success. And in my analogy, I clearly stated that the lady resigns and stops exercising. Choosing to blame her weight on bad genetics, even though she had once successfully lost the weight by being disciplined and driven. The point is that these qualities have to be demonstrated consistently. I made this analogy to fill the gap you left with the guy who could not get a job after graduation. I said he needs to re-evaluate his position in the face of his disappointments and channel his drive into something worthwhile.

But now you say that he keeps trying...........which is good and it's the point I made earlier: consistent drive and diligence and intelligent decision making, et al. But if you're referring to consistently pounding the pavement for several years, then he has not re-evaluated his position. Ambition, drive and diligence is not demonstrated in a vacuum. So, in everything, it's important to be honest with one's self; excuses will always exist. And if one tries to justify his plight, that's not very hard to do.
there was no reason to break my post

Again I insist she has the right to choose what ever she likes but she should not insult anyone to make her self feel better

Mind you I am not doing this because I am broke, so no she didn't insult mm, neither did I feel offended
I responded to her post cause she made some vauge assumptions

And yes you keep bringing back the money whenever it suits your argument

And I have also pointed other attributes of a guy willing to make it like intelligence and deligence, you can do your self a favour by going through our arguments again

Now I don't like to dance around the same issue please

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Daeylar(f): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
nahzyla:

Thank God for the unbiased ones.
Honestly many nairaland me have issues. they start threads talking about how women should behave in order to get married early. how they should not depend on a guy for any thing but be ambitious and provide alongside their husbands. This thread is basically turning the tables saying women also deserve ambitious guys that can provide equally like their wives and they are here foaming at the mouth and insulting women like crazed lunatics.

LMAO grin,

Thank God for them honestly

I warned her that they were coming, lol,

That's just the plain truth dear, we see thread after thread of how a woman is supposed to behave, how to handle her home, but all op just said is that women are allowed to have standards when choosing the type of men they date or marry and they can't accept it, how dare she try to have standards? LMAO, she should take whatever we offer her, or doesn't she know soon age will not be on her side,
ROTFLMAO,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
misano:

Exactly... I joined D thread late but men ur replies are 101% on point.
thanks bro at least we try wink
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Gourdoinc:
small small girls everywhere. you haven't seen anything. my dear tomorrow is always pregnant. on a tree in season not all fruits ripen at the same time. it doesn't make one fruit better or sweeter than the other because they reopened differently. as someone who was born into very great wealth and later lost some of it. I have seen grace to grass, I have also seen grass to grace and one thing I know is that wealth and success is a visitor and only good luck and chance brings it to your home. nobody works harder than the truck pusher, amongst yahoo boys some have been on it for years and made no Kobo and a little boy joins tomorrow and gets a million dollars. everyone on earth will bear his or name. we might all look alike but will have different destinies. it's not completely based on intelligence or hard work.

God gives life and success to whom he pleases and when he pleases. the devil also takes from whom he pleases and when he pleases. if whom you love is rich today and successful thank God for that gift and pray the devil never remembers your family. if whom you love is currently broke, have faith that God will remember your family and bring wealth and devil will never see you.

genuine love an intention is everything. marriage and love is like a seed you plant and God and good luck twined with good destiny will water and nourish it and hopefully wealth and greatness will come.

wealth is meaningless when you have had it and seen something else. we have been there, up and down and today we moving up again and I have realised. Na God get every every. my efforts are just for man. if God no gree all your efforts shall be in vain. cheers

PS. lubyna, raggedyann

(Deleted)
I agree.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

5 Rules To Make A Nigerian Lady Happy / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At A Bar And Event Centre (Photos) / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Her Induction In Medical Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.