Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. (31299 Views)

Some Men Need To Think / Lady Says – Women Need Men More Than Men Need Them / "Apart From Sex, Women Have Nothing To Offer In A Relationship." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

I think it was clear. True success is not accidental. It's a convergence of several variables: diligence, intelligence, discipline, drive, focus, and a bit of luck too. These are all desirable qualities in a potential mate (or even just friends). And people who exhibit these traits eventually become successful. Money follows naturally.

Now you might want to throw people like Melaye into the category of successful men, but I don't think he cuts it. He might be wealthy, yes, but how did he get there? We all know that most of these politicians are thieves who have nothing to contribute except the cash. A man who has built himself into a success at his legitimate field may not have the stupid cash these politicians throw around, but he would have a bank of lessons learned, and the character that he's honed over the time it took to get his wealth. It's durable.

The post is not implying that if a man runs into some bad luck, a woman should leave him. It simply suggests that consistent failures should be looked at critically because they may be as a result of a series of bad decisions which may prove a level of indiscipline, immaturity, or laziness. These qualities have ways of affecting a relationship negatively too. And yes, guys are also free to make such inferences.

I see
At what point should the lady decide to leave cause I have seen men struggle through out there life only to make it at a later stage in life
It has notting to do with intelligence my sis but Gods blessings

Now about the topic of the thread
The op clearly try to paint broke guys as uneducated, unintelligent, slow poke inorder to justify her choice of a rich guy which I was against

I have seen boys and men alike struggle through life not because of lack of intelligence or education but because of lack of opportunity
So where will the op put those type of guys in her post

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
again why do you keep equating finance with intellectual capacity using cheap example like mike adenuga what of people like mc oluomo
There are lot of guys who are super smart that are rich, there are not so smart rich ones too
Just say you want to marry a rich guy

You dont have to insult broke guys to justify your decision

I used Mike Adenuga because that's the example used by the person I quoted. (Was it you?). I don't know how you qualify intelligence. It is not the ability to speak good English or hold a conversation in politics or whatever. It's a capacity for aptitude. And a person who is successful at something must have mastered something to an excellent level. That shows intelligence.

I equate financial reward to successful enterprise. And successful enterprise is dependent on several variables (diligence, discipline, drive, etc) including intelligence.

But like I said in my earlier post (was it to you?) some people get rich by dubious means and that's not the class of men I'm referring to.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by IamLEGEND1: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
[b] what is this nonsense?
financial compatibility my big,black,hairy ass.
i don't see dem hoes factoring financial compatibility into their decision making when they spread their legs like rumour for dudes with 30billion for the akant.

this whole writeup only helps validate fears that guys have long held as regards to dating financially well-to-do women - that Sooner or later,pride kicks in.
Men around the world on average earn way more than women do,but dating a financially deficient woman has never been a problem....... everyone is considered to have an equal stake in said relationship. we support and stand by our women come rain come sunshine

meanwhile a woman who does that is considered a sugar mummy but those who refuse to date economically disadvantaged guys are now considered determined,21st century women with goals.
i'll tell you what those women are: spineless,reverse gold-diggers masquerading as modern women.

and you'll still find some crazy keyboard feminazis screaming 'DEATH TO THE PATRIARCHY' & joining 'free the nipple_' marches around the world.
[/b]

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by FelixFelicis(m): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
This article is logical, but we all know that that something is logical doesn't make it right. OP you made your points and your points fully support your conclusion so you've a pass there for me.

I only can't help but wonder why comfortable guys don't go about searching for a lady of their class, or a financial level or a qualification level. It's just like it's a Jinx for comfortable and uncomfortable ladies to frown at "broke" guys. Whereas guys will wife any lady they want, either if she's rich, broke as a result of been visionless or been lazy, whatever her status may be.

It's a confused world out here men...

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

I used Mike Adenuga because that's the example used by the person I quoted. (Was it you?). I don't know how you qualify intelligence. It is not the ability to speak good English or hold a conversation in politics or whatever. It's a capacity for aptitude. And a person who is successful at something must have mastered something to an excellent level. That shows intelligence.

I equate financial reward to successful enterprise. And successful enterprise is dependent on several variables (diligence, discipline, drive, etc) including intelligence.

But like I said in my earlier post (was it to you?) some people get rich by dubious means and that's not the class of men I'm referring to.
I like the fact you said you like adenuga but some other guys adenugas age are not poor because they don't have these trait, they are poor because of lack of opportunity

Don't blame them as a reason for you to like adenuga cause it is your choice
Get the picture

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:

I see
At what point should the lady decide to leave cause I have seen men struggle through out there life only to make it at a later stage in life
It has notting to do with intelligence my sis but Gods blessings

Now about the topic of the thread
The op clearly try to paint broke guys as uneducated, unintelligent, slow poke inorder to justify her choice of a rich guy which I was against

I have seen boys and men alike struggle through life not because of lack of intelligence or education but because of lack of opportunity
So where will the op but those type of guys in her post

"God's blessings" you say. That doesn't fit into my school of thought. I believe that every failure can be attributed to a short-coming. I believe that people like to hide their inadequacies behind "God's lack of favor". A boy can't pass his exams; God hasn't smiled on him. Never mind that he could study a bit harder.

Anyway, there are people who are late-bloomers. Like the case you mentioned. Late bloomers don't suit everyone; and if you let go of someone who later made it in life, it still wasn't a mistake. You want someone who runs a race with you in tandem. You will realize it is better to let go of someone when they slow you down.

The post makes some assumptions. For instance, an education gives people a better chance to find financial success. It is not meant to offend your sensibilities. It's only meant to help you identify factors that could be responsible for the fact that someone hasn't escaped a desperate financial state. Education is not equal to a certificate, mind you. But of course, not all broke guys are uneducated and not all educated people are broke.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
I like the fact you said you like adenuga but some other guys adenugas age are not poor because they don't have these trait, they are poor because of lack of opportunity

Get the picture

Where did I say I like Adenuga. Show me, let me quickly edit. I don't remember thinking it.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Sorry about my statement about you not being able to read. I didn't mean to be rude. That wasn't even my intention.

Women and men aren't the same. Men don't go into relationships for the same reasons as women and men certainly don't have the same needs or responsibilities as women. A guy dating a woman who is hardworking but broke, isn't the equivalent of a woman dating a guy who is broke. Men are conventionally, and I'd argue naturally the providers in a relationship. Women are naturally inclined to want their man to take the driving seat in the relationship, in all aspects. To put it plainly, women want men who can provide and take care of them. It doesn't mean she shouldn't strive to be financially successful, but this is the reality of relationships. On the other hand, no man goes into a relationship expecting his woman to take care of him. In fact, most men prefer to be more financially successful than their partners. I hope I have answered your question?

Don't bring me back to this. I have already explained what I meant. Yes. Being financially successful is indicative of intelligence. Intelligence is a broad them that admits of various definitions, but my definition of intelligence, which subsumes most of the definitions which you'd come across anywhere, is being able to utilize acquired knowledge in solving problems. And why are you fixating on Intelligence? There are other qualities I mentioned alongside intelligence that being wealthy is indicative of. Dino and Evans are intelligent people. Dino is a wealthy politician who has occupied various high level political posts in the past. You have to be intelligent to be able to do this. Evans was able to kidnap lots of people, gain profit from the act and remain hidden and undetected for many years. Only an intelligent person can achieve this. I am not in anyway justifying the morally reprehensible crimes of Evans and the bad things Dino Malaye has done in the past. I am just trying to answer your question about whether or not they are intelligent. When I say someone is financially successful, hardworking, ambitious and goal oriented, and wants someone who shares the same traits as she does, I am obviously not referring to people like Evans and Dino. The kind of women I categorically referred to in my OP certainly aren't concerned about just money. Money is a standard among other standards. Certainly this kind of woman would examine the past and present of her potential spouse. She'd date someone who she knows his source of income, and who she is certain this source of income is safe and won't jeopardize her life in the future. Obviously someone like Evans and yahoo boys don't fit this criteria. You are making it seem like all financially successful men are touts or kidnappers and all broke guys are morally upright.

Apology accepted

Now back to the argument
Now you are using a 15century logic to back up your arguments
Where on earth is it a law that men should be a provider or the only provider in a relationship
Well some guys in which I am part of prefare to have an independent lady for a reason you know
So what advice will you give a guy like me, in case she looses her independence?

Secondly, no i am not making it sound like every successful person is a rouge but rather you painted a very bad picture of broke guys which I tried to correct

Finally, now that you claim it takes some form of intelligence to kidnap or do yahooyahoo, are you indirectly suggesting broke guys try that so that can appear intelligent to successful ladies like you even if they not good or morally upright( your words not mine)

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by toastedbread: 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
she should be there waiting for a guy who works in a fortune 500 coy, lives on the 15th floor, makes 6 figures (with the first digit an even number),... and later she'll blame one innocent devil.

PS:
go watch THINK LIKE A MAN

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Melonny(m): 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
lubyna, I am just gonna point out two inadequacies of setting standards-
*Things keep changing i.e you grow older every year. if your standard is 25 million naira when you are 26 years, it will be #25000 when you turn 38 years old.. standard is inefficient
*Ideal standard- setting too high standard will make you single for the rest of your life or will make you the third or fourth wife. Standards are sometimes unattainable expectations. Expectations only makes us unhappy. it lowers morale until you stoop low
In conclusion, ladies should be encouraged to date however they want be it broke guys or guys with potential.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Honesty007(m): 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
The problem with you ladies is that u assume the position of a creator to creating a being and can't cope with when the being would be born.
i see it as utter nonsense for a lady or girl to be defining the type of man they want to marry because whatever you sow u shall reap.
i have seen financially buoyant ladies who get married but are not finding it sweet nor do they get loved by their husbands.marriage is a starting point for God's sake and not an ending point.
h have seen couples who r suffering now due to the lady placing priority on financial muscle ,extravagancy,and comfortability .but when seasons change they feel no difference because they have been always doing the same things they did before marriage so they would later see it as duty and take things for granted.know thatthere would be someone who is richer than u and would really want to love u 4 who u are and not being a moneybag! but when u raise the issue of financial standards,a rich guy would categorize u as one of the gold diggers he comes

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by hibiscus76(f): 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=Martin0 post=58020531][/quote] as much as money is very necessary to a relationship, love matters too

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

"God's blessings" you say. That doesn't fit into my school of thought. I believe that every failure can be attributed to a short-coming. I believe that people like to hide their inadequacies behind "God's lack of favor". A boy can't pass his exams; God hasn't smiled on him. Never mind that he could study a bit harder.

Anyway, there are people who are late-bloomers. Like the case you mentioned. Late bloomers don't suit everyone; and if you let go of someone who later made it in life, it still wasn't a mistake. You want someone who runs a race with you in tandem. You will realize it is better to let go of someone when they slow you down.

The post makes some assumptions. For instance, an education gives people a better chance to find financial success. It is not meant to offend your sensibilities. It's only meant to help you identify factors that could be responsible for the fact that someone hasn't escaped a desperate financial state. Education is not equal to a certificate, mind you.

You didn't answer my question
At what point should the very successful lady decide to leave this broke late bloomer

Yes there is "grace" which I call certain event that happens that is beyond our control, it is not about religion or believe

Yes education is not equal to certificate but education does not equal to finance either

So I will say again choose what you want but don't try to justify your choice by insulting another person

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Honesty007(m): 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
as one of the gold diggers he comes across.

The WORST THING THAT CAN EVER HAPPEN TO A LADY IS WHEN A MAN VALUES HER FOR HER SENSE OF MATERIALISM,PHYSICALITY,AND ENDOWMENT THAN WHO SHE IS(YOU IN YOU)WITHOUT ALL THESE OUTWARD ABILITIES.
BEING IN AN MT SPACE WITH NOTHING IS BETTER THAN BEING IN A FULL PLACE AND YOU CAN'T MAKE A CHANGE OR BE CREATIVE AS YOU ARE IN AN MT SPACE.WHAT IS NOW YOUR VALUE?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
Daeylar:
The op never said that money is everything. or that it's all about the money
These are her words

This was her response to me
Read her initial post
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

Where did I say I like Adenuga. Show me, let me quickly edit. I don't remember thinking it.
you didn't say it directly but some of the words in your post suggest you will like a guy like him smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Fadman4real(m): 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
One thing I have realized from reading comments on this website is that a lot of men do not understand that some women have certain financial standards when it comes to dating, and nothing can make them lower those standards. So guys, when a lady says she can't date a broke guy, try to first ruminate on the information I want to pass across before deciding to label her with derogatory appellations.

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed pathetic.

What happened to love?
What happened to faithfulness?

This is nothing but poverty mentality which is most prevalent among our Nigerian ladies. The most important thing they look out for is how much is a guy worth forgetting everything else.

Let me tell you something you don't know we live in a poor country relatively. Most of us youths who finish school with a good grade find it difficult to get a good job and settle for a little job to put food on d table and keep hustling for a better job and even when you eventually find it. The pay is much smaller than what your peers receive in developed countries for doing the same thing you do. So relatively it would take a young man 10 years to achieve what his mates would achieve if he were in a developed country. Being broke here is not as a result of lack of intelligence or laziness but as a result of the type of situation he/she has found himself.

If you are lucky as a lady to get a good job and have a pretty good life that doesn't mean you shouldn't be humble enough to let love have its way and date someone who loves and treats you right. If someone that really loves you approaches you and is one of those struggling you won't even give him a chance and even if you do it would be with an ultimatum. Make it or I leave.

What happens if in d future the big boy you married loses everything and is broke. You would treat him like shit cause u are d one now paying the bills. I pray to make it big one day but my most important prayer is to avoid materialistic women like you.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:

You didn't answer my question
At what point should the very successful lady decide to leave this broke late bloomer

Yes there is "grace" which I call certain event that happens that is beyond our control, it is not about religion or believe

Yes education is not equal to certificate but education does not equal to finance either

So I will say again choose what you want but don't try to justify your choice by insulting another person

But I answered it, how come you didn't see it? I said a person should leave a late bloomer the moment she/he realizes he/she is holding her/him back in their own progress. That's when the relationship is unhealthy.

I cannot comment on grace and religion. Perhaps it's what I referred to as 'luck'. When opportunities and timing for instance. But then, you must always be prepared first to take advantage of good timing.

Education is not equal to good finances. Please don't disregard the context in which I mentioned the relevance of education. I said: The post makes some assumptions. For instance, an education gives people a better chance to find financial success. there aren't any guarantees. But it gives a lot of people options to contribute what they have been groomed for. Not everyone has an inborn talent that is marketable.

This post isn't insulting anyone. The fact that some women of a certain economic class should be encouraged to find mates that are of a similar class, should not be an insult to anyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
you didn't say it directly but some of the words in your post suggest you will like a guy like him smiley

Oh, ok. Actually I don't.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Fadman4real(m): 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

The post makes some assumptions. For instance, an education gives people a better chance to find financial success. It is not meant to offend your sensibilities. It's only meant to help you identify factors that could be responsible for the fact that someone hasn't escaped a desperate financial state. Education is not equal to a certificate, mind you. But of course, not all broke guys are uneducated and not all educated people are broke.

Now the bolded is very wrong in this our economy, consider this story though fictious, it happens everyday.

A young man whose parents are completely broke suffered to finish from uni with a 2-1 and after service manages to get a job in Lagos of 150k per month. He has brothers and sisters that are in uni or about to enter plus he has parents.

He sends like 60k home every month for his parents and siblings, saves like 30k every month for his rent and has to manage like 60k for feeding, savings and tfare. Such a guy us broke cause he would be like d millions in Lagos jumping from one bus to another every day.

Take another story of a young dude whose parents sent him abroad to study and came back to take over his father's biz. He is very rich with a good car, a good certificate, and little or no responsibilities.

Among those two guys the first is probably more intelligent, smarter, and is more caring but you would go for the second and open your teeth smiling like u in at show when d second is asking u out.

The only difference between the two guys is money which is purely due to luck.

Change your orientation not all rich guys are intelligent or hardworking and not all broke guys are dull and wasted their lives.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Another example of the effects of PATRIARCHY on men and women

no woman wants to marry a man who is less than her either intellectually, financially or morally when the society expects her to lower herself, surrender her will and be submissive AKA be controlled by him.
They will always aim higher.

@OP being broke is relative. if you are waiting for Dangote you go wait tire grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

But I answered it, how come you didn't see it? I said a person should leave a late bloomer the moment she/he realizes he/she is holding her/him back in their own progress. That's when the relationship is unhealthy.

I cannot comment on grace and religion. Perhaps it's what I referred to as 'luck'. When opportunities and timing for instance. But then, you must always be prepared first to take advantage of good timing.

Education is not equal to good finances. Please don't disregard the context in which I mentioned the relevance of education. I said: The post makes some assumptions. For instance, an education gives people a better chance to find financial success. there aren't any guarantees. But it gives a lot of people options to contribute what they have been groomed for. Not everyone has an inborn talent that is marketable.

This post isn't insulting anyone. The fact that some women of a certain economic class should be encouraged to find mates that are of a similar class, should not be an insult to anyone.
really!
Now you see the world like a ruler with straight edges
As if anything is certain, as if love is easy to find like a cup of rice
You mean the lady should leave like that and find a sucessful guy like the nigga is just waiting to be bought off the market angry

So what happens if these richer guy were to loose his money or source of fund immediately they started dating
Don't tell me because i know your answer; the lady should move to another sucessful guy
You know what society call those type of ladies that move around looking for gold grin

On the insults
You need to read where she painted the picture of a broke guy in her post and come back to tell me how she was glorify them

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
It is not lack of opportunity, but lack of preparedness and inability to recognise opportunity when it arrives. Be proactive
greyboy5000:

Get the picture
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Fadman4real:

Now the bolded is very wrong in this our economy, consider this story though fictious, it happens everyday.

A young man whose parents are completely broke suffered to finish from uni with a 2-1 and after service manages to get a job in Lagos of 150k per month. He has brothers and sisters that are in uni or about to enter plus he has parents.

He sends like 60k home every month for his parents and siblings, saves like 30k every month for his rent and has to manage like 60k for feeding, savings and tfare. Such a guy us broke cause he would be like d millions in Lagos jumping from one bus to another every day.

Take another story of a young dude whose parents sent him abroad to study and came back to take over his father's biz. He is very rich with a good car, a good certificate, and little or no responsibilities.

Among those two guys the first is probably more intelligent, smarter, and is more caring but you would go for the second and open your teeth smiling like u in at show when d second is asking u out.

The only difference between the two guys is money which is purely due to luck.

Change your orientation not all rich guys are intelligent or hardworking and not all broke guys are dull and wasted their lives.
talk to her my guy
I feel you

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Apina(m): 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
One thing I have realized from reading comments on this website is that a lot of men do not understand that some women have certain financial standards when it comes to dating, and nothing can make them lower those standards. So guys, when a lady says she can't date a broke guy, try to first ruminate on the information I want to pass across before deciding to label her with derogatory appellations.

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed pathetic.

How does anyone expect a woman who is working towards being financially successful and expending time and energy towards this goal, to settle for some guy who earns WAY less than she does? How can a financially ambitious woman lower her standards and spend years waiting for some guy "who has potential" to make it? Let me unpack this last statement because it's a bit radioactive. There are different gradations of potential and that's why I used quotation marks. There are men who have an education that confers a high competitive advantage in the job market, or skills that can catapult them to high rungs on the financial ladder. If a financially ambitious woman meets this kind of guy and he is working hard everyday to become financially stable and secure, then she can lower her standards a bit and grind with him, but only for a while. If after few months or years and this guy isn't making any progress and she decides to go, no one should blame her. Maybe the guy isn't smart enough or isn't just lucky enough. She has the right to leave him and find someone who is financially compatible with her. Yes.
But this only applies to men who have real potential, not some guy who just has a degree or skills and isn't taking diligent steps to improve his finances.

What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education. It's not the fault of a financially ambitious woman who is financially bouyant herself if she doesn't want to mingle with broke people, let alone date them.

Instead of dating a guy that has good qualities, the kind of women I am referring to would rather find financially bouyant and ambitious men like themselves, and then proceed to look for these good qualities. And YES they are justified in doing that. Abi is it only broke guys that have good qualities?

Lastly, if any guy is asking out women who don't fall into the category of women I am referring to, then such guy has low standards and deserves the rejection he is receiving from his fellow broke girl.
After going through your write-up, I must confess that you made some very valid points but just what if the said financially buoyant guy losses all he has, would he still fit into ur category? Are u also saying ones financial status at a point in time should be the determinant for going into a relationship? All I see from ur long epistle is money this, money that. You still do not understand the basics of life, you still cannot see beyond the end of your nose. One can have all the money in this life but they cannot wear more than one cloth at a point in time if they were to own a continent of it or sleep on more than the space their body occupy even if they had the moon to themselves or breath more than the required air to survive cos they have money. I'm not tryna say it's bad to have money or make up with someone who has but it shouldn't be a priority in life but love is true and Even in death, it remains. Change the way u think cos life goes beyond the feeble way u see it.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
funmisticqueen:
It is not lack of opportunity, but lack of preparedness and inability to recognise opportunity when it arrives. Be proactive
really!
Now I recognize the need to be proactive but one need to be careful in life on the type opportunities one will take
I mean see those people dieing at the Mediterranean sea because they are too proactive
Or those forced into modern day slavery in Italy and around the world

You need to understand not everyone get things on a plater of gold

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by adwaani(m): 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Sorry about my statement about you not being able to read. I didn't mean to be rude. That wasn't even my intention.

Women and men aren't the same. Men don't go into relationships for the same reasons as women and men certainly don't have the same needs or responsibilities as women. A guy dating a woman who is hardworking but broke, isn't the equivalent of a woman dating a guy who is broke. Men are conventionally, and I'd argue naturally the providers in a relationship. Women are naturally inclined to want their man to take the driving seat in the relationship, in all aspects. To put it plainly, women want men who can provide and take care of them. It doesn't mean she shouldn't strive to be financially successful, but this is the reality of relationships. On the other hand, no man goes into a relationship expecting his woman to take care of him. In fact, most men prefer to be more financially successful than their partners. I hope I have answered your question?

Don't bring me back to this. I have already explained what I meant. Yes. Being financially successful is indicative of intelligence. Intelligence is a broad them that admits of various definitions, but my definition of intelligence, which subsumes most of the definitions which you'd come across anywhere, is being able to utilize acquired knowledge in solving problems. And why are you fixating on Intelligence? There are other qualities I mentioned alongside intelligence that being wealthy is indicative of. Dino and Evans are intelligent people. Dino is a wealthy politician who has occupied various high level political posts in the past. You have to be intelligent to be able to do this. Evans was able to kidnap lots of people, gain profit from the act and remain hidden and undetected for many years. Only an intelligent person can achieve this. I am not in anyway justifying the morally reprehensible crimes of Evans and the bad things Dino Malaye has done in the past. I am just trying to answer your question about whether or not they are intelligent. When I say someone is financially successful, hardworking, ambitious and goal oriented, and wants someone who shares the same traits as she does, I am obviously not referring to people like Evans and Dino. The kind of women I categorically referred to in my OP certainly aren't concerned about just money. Money is a standard among other standards. Certainly this kind of woman would examine the past and present of her potential spouse. She'd date someone who she knows his source of income, and who she is certain this source of income is safe and won't jeopardize her life in the future. Obviously someone like Evans and yahoo boys don't fit this criteria. You are making it seem like all financially successful men are touts or kidnappers and all broke guys are morally upright.

You must be a very brainy lady.Very impressed with your write up and the manner in which you respond to critics.Even though I might not totally agree with all the points raised due to my own personal bias,I do believe you have put your money where your mouth is and vindicated your stance.I wish more ladies were as articulate ,well thought out and courteous as you are in online and physical banters.I would like to be your friend if you have space for one more.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Daeylar(f): 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
This was her response to me
Read her initial post

maybe her words weren't explicit or seemed offending, but I got that from her message and then she explained further to you in her response, the people that made it seem as if she said that money was the ultimate both commented after she explained it to you, they could have read her post before commenting, That was my point smiley
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
Tahrah:
grin grin
why are you smiling grin
I here defending my people broke and proud association of nairaland grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
Daeylar:

maybe her words weren't explicit or seemed offending, but I got that from her message and then she explained further to you in her response, the people that made it seem as if she said that money was the ultimate both commented after she explained it to you, they could have read her post before commenting, That was my point smiley
yes I got your point
But her initial post was quiet clear
She said it is characteristic of a broke guy to be uneducated , unintelligent and to lack drive which I tried to correct
Note: I am not against her choice of rich guys though wink

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
why are you smiling grin
I here defending my people broke and proud association of nairaland grin
You doing a good job,continue.tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Tahrah:
You doing a good job,continue.tongue grin
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

5 Rules To Make A Nigerian Lady Happy / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At A Bar And Event Centre (Photos) / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Her Induction In Medical Council

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.