Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana (30718 Views)

NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North / In Case You Missed-middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits –jerry Gana / The Niger Delta Will Be The Most Developed If Nigeria Splits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2017
With this declaration, na fork and knife the Fulani's cow go dey use graze for middle belt very soon.
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by bababeejay: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2017
Mbediogu:

TO BE HONEST I AM A BIT CONFUSED. MOST TIMES I WANT BIAFRA BECAUSE OF THE INJUSTICE TO IGBOS AND THE MINORITY GROUPS, BUT SOMETIMES I DON'T WANT BIAFRA BECAUSE OF FEW GOOD PEOPLE THAT WE WILL LEAVE IN NIGERIA. I NEED HELP AS AN IGBOMAN WHO HAS LIVED, WORKED AND MADE FRIENDS IN 33 OUT OF 36 STATES OF NIGERIA.
biafra is the whole south, it is bigger than igbo
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nowenuse: 10:09am On Jul 03, 2017
Bari22:
We equally dont like them because they are just liability, i mean states like benue and plateau, kwara is a yoruba state so they better follow oduduwa republic. Niger, nasarawa and kogi will surely follow north. Jerry gana is speaking on behalf of his small tribe and christians, he is irrelevant and can not & never speak for middle belt muslims who are the majority

You are very ignorant for this silly comment.
Who are the middlebelt muslims if i may ask?

The middlebelt is not divided based on religion, because there are muslims and christians among most tribes of the middlebelt.

Igala christians and muslims for instance are the same people with the same cultures, language and one traditional ruler! How on earth do you want to divide them by religion? Most families and villages have both muslims and christians.

Take your religious division to Zamfara or Katsina state. Middlebelt tribes do not need it!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by dreamangel: 10:12am On Jul 03, 2017
It is really sad. The middle belt has supported the Core North all through the years and what have they rewarded them with? poverty and decimation by Fulani herdsmen. I went with a charity group to some of those areas in Benue State a few years ago and it was terrible. It broke my heart that a young man who just finished his youth service in Aba was butchered by Fulani herdsmen as he arrived home.

Anyway I cannot speak for the people, they may still prefer to join up with the Core North.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by surgical: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2017
lofty900:
ur right but the average yoruba man prefer to align with hausa instead of igbo
That is not true, everybody try to be pragmatic, they protect their interest first and foremost, if its about last election, the yourubas voted for APC because they stand to benefit unlike, the regime of Jonathan when they were marginalised , the ibos that supported him is because of what they were getting, so the support both ways was about benefit not love, during the second republic did the IBO's not aligned with Hausa's because of ekeueme,ume ezoke, pat utomi etc, during the civil war, the entire country was for one Nigeria ,even your neighbour the south south, despite that, there were still many Yoruba's that supported Biafra, that risk their personal liberties such as sole Soyinka, tai solar in e.t.c please let us be broad minded, Time changes everything, almost all that supported one Nigeria back then will not do the same today because time has changed

5 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nowenuse: 10:14am On Jul 03, 2017
fiizznation:
What is middlebelt forum? Do you know that hausa/fulani are the second most populated ethnic group that made up the so-called middlebelt? There are indigenous fulanis in kwara, Niger, kogi, nassarawa states. Heck even plateau state have many fulani indigenes. But I bet you don't know this.

Anyway most of you are ignorant. So no surprises here.

What is Arewa forum? What is the meaning of Arewa in Igala, Ebira, Idoma, Tiv, Nupe, Berom or Gbagyi languages?

Fulanis are settlers all over the middlebelt just as Igbos are settlers in kano state.

Stop being a unity beggar and stick to your Hausa-fulani land alone!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by iliyande(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2017
fiizznation:
Shut up there you ignorant online commentator How many tribes made up taraba state? I bet your ignorant self don't know this. Do you know hausa/fulanis are the majority ethnic group in taraba state? Do you know this? Smh

Jerry gana is what you said? Haha, the clown is just a CAN sadist. No one takes him serious. Isn't jerry gana from Niger state again? Pray tell me, who is jerry gana when former ex-presidents from that state are listed?

Shutappppppppp
Do you really know anything about this Taraba State you claimed to know?

5 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 03, 2017
lofty900:
No reasonable geopolitical zone in Nigeria will follow north. That's just the truth even the yoruba people who like licking asss of hausa people like dogs
Ori e o pe

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 03, 2017
surgical:
That is not true, everybody try to be pragmatic, they protect their interest first and foremost, if its about last election, the yourubas voted for APC because they stand to benefit unlike, the regime of Jonathan when they were marginalised , the ibos that supported him is because of what they were getting, so the support both ways was about benefit not love, during the second republic did the IBO's not aligned with Hausa's because of ekeueme,ume ezoke, pat utomi etc, during the civil war, the entire country was for one Nigeria ,even your neighbour the south south, despite that, there were still many Yoruba's that supported Biafra, that risk their personal liberties such as sole Soyinka, tai solar in e.t.c please let us be broad minded, Time changes everything, almost all that supported one Nigeria back then will not do the same today because time has changed
how is yoruba benefitting from Buhari??
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

If Kogi follows (which I trust she will not) I will renounce my citizenship of whatever country you want to form with the North. I will take up citizenship in either Odua or any country which Benue State where I was born and spent 25 years of my life becomes a part of. Kogi will never follow the North. Their game is up
Oya fizznation the haboki land grabber come and grab kogi also

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nowenuse: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

So says ignorant you: note, there had never been any legally known entity such as the Middle Belt in the history of Nigeria - ignorance is a disease; try and get some education before you join issues with ppl far above your level; but since you said so, then try to explain why are their governors, their youths and others are full members and participants in the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF)? - anyway, when the push comes to the shove; they know where they belong.

No legal entity as middlebelt? Is there a legal entity as Arewa?
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 10:18am On Jul 03, 2017
9japride:
Middle belt should get serious for once, because all I know is that middle belt belongs to Arewa. Nobody here should be deceived especially the southeastern brothers. I don't feel any pity for them at all because majority of them have the same mentality with core northerners. It's like Hausa language has a way of messing up someone's brain
Have you been to the middle belt? You see the thing is this: even as at Pre indepence there was a political party called UMBC (United middle belt Congress) formed by J. S Tarka and Solomon Lar to pursue the political interest of the middle belt and give a voice to the minorities concentrated in the region. This party was the third largest opposition party in the Northern Nigeria Assembly. This party often aligned with Awolowo's Action Group.
If Awolowo at that time had the wisdom to align with this party I wonder why today politicians in the south don't do so. But the reason is that we lack politicians with the political clout and sagacity of J S Tarka who had the wisdom to float a distinct political party. Just as the minorities in the South (as in the Ijaws, Urhobos, Efiks, Anang, Ibibios, etc) are the softbelly to the South so also are the minorities in the North the key to unlocking the power of the North.

That's why when I see Igbos, Yorubas and the Ijaws, Itshekiris, Urhobos, Anangs insult each other here, when I see them pull in different directions it galls my heart. There's a political experiment that has never been tried before and this is it: the south(West and East and deep South) have never aligned before. If they do, I trust they can at least palm off Benue, Plateau, parts of Kogi, Nasarawa, Taraba, Adamawa, Kwara and Niger from the Northern juggernaut and demystify it forever! I believe in the voluntary unity of this country. If consensus for restructuring is formed along the lines I just outlined I believe the unclothedness of the North will be seen. They will come to the table and we will have the opportunity to birth a new nation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by SycophanticGoat: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2017
surgical:
You guys should just stop this Yoruba bashing whenever discussing serious issues except when joking, those you see supporting buhari are APC members supporting their party,have you not noticed the non partisan elders intervention, the afenifere, don't pay attention to those playing politics, or should we judge the Igbo's by the activities of rochas and his gang.

I stand with you on this!!!
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nowenuse: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2017
Quality20:
Jerry boy is just a CAN die hard fanatic. Check d middle belt and see : 1 kogi- about 70% Muslims 2. Kwara -about 90% Muslims 3. Nassarawa - about 70% Muslims 4. Niger -about 90% Muslims 5.plateau- 30 - 40% Muslims 6. Benue approx 20 to 30% Muslims. So where are the Christians that Jerry boy is speaking for? We will never see him as our leader or speaker. His leadership only reverberates among the few Christians who see him as such

Take your religious campaign to Zamfara state and Hausa land! We dont want it in the middlebelt.

What we want in the middlebelt is the progress of the Nupes, Gbagyi, Idoma, Igala, Tiv, Berom, Ebira, Eggon, Alago, Jukun and all the other tribes, irrespective of religious differences.

The middlebelt tribes have both muslims and christians in the same villages and we speak the same languages and have the same cultures. Religious division is not part of our culture in the middlebelt.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by dreamangel: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2017
raphafire:

Yea, we don't like biafrans and Hausa Fulanis, we just wannna be on our own....

Everybody wants to be on their own! grin

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by ImperialYoruba: 10:24am On Jul 03, 2017
Wether dem follow or no follow na their palaver.

We want regional government, end of surutu!
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by surgical: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2017
lofty900:
how is yoruba benefitting from Buhari??
. Their man is the acting President now, which was part of their calculations, whether they are able to make anything from it, time will tell .
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Rilwayne001: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2017
Things are getting even more interesting.
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Nowenuse: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2017
dreamangel:
It is really sad. The middle belt has supported the Core North all through the years and what have they rewarded them with? poverty and decimation by Fulani herdsmen. I went with a charity group to some of those areas in Benue State a few years ago and it was terrible. It broke my heart that a young man who just finished his youth service in Aba was butchered by Fulani herdsmen as he arrived home.

Anyway I cannot speak for the people, they may still prefer to join up with the Core North.

We (the middlebelters) are not following the Core-north, just as Niger-deltans will not follow the Igbos and Yorubas!
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by shabidu(m): 10:28am On Jul 03, 2017
Jerry Gana is only speaking base on religious divide but what he fail to point out is what is the percentage of the Christians in middle belt. Christians constitute only 30% of the region, so he should stop saying middle belt will not join North as he is purely sentimental. You guys should check history as middle are well treated according to appointments. If at all any region will complain that should be North east
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Ahmeduana(m): 10:34am On Jul 03, 2017
the truth is that... every body is tired of being lumped together with the core north.... because they are not living like human beings.... the born to rule attitude that they exhibit when in fact they contribute nothing to Nigeria in terms of national income is worrisome... I am glad everyone is beginning to speak their minds... even if Nnamdi kanu does not achieve the actualization of biafra republic... no one can say, he didn't open the eyes of the nation to see the injustice of the north
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by hatchy(f): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2017
Prof Gana If suddenly the country is balkanized, The Sahel Arewa republic, Oduduwa Republic, Biafra Republic, Atlantic Republic, you and your middle belt still want to retain Nigeria, Haba mana!

Prof are you under a spell?
Why cant you and your people find your own level,eehn!

Please look for the black goat while its still day time o.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 10:42am On Jul 03, 2017
Banter1:
Yes we are middle belters not Northerners.
Right here on Nairaland I urge all Nairalanders from the South East, South West and deep South to call us what we wish to be called : MIDDLEBELTERS. Jacob changed his name and his destiny changed. We want to change our political destiny and I invite all of you to our political baptism. We are not North Central but Middlebelt. Do not help to consolidate and perpetuate the powers that want to hold this country hostage.
This is imperative. Let us unmask once and for all the powers that want this country to go to pieces.
We say NO to Northern hegemony
We say NO to North Central categorization
We say NO to Fulani herdsmen despoiling farms, killing people in the middle belt and everywhere else in Nigeria
We say NO to those clamping down on the drive to restructure Nigeria and birth a nation.

Let no man think that I hate the North. I don't. I just want a good, just, equitable, developed country. Shikena
Coptic
Kyase
Terkimbi01

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by polosky: 10:43am On Jul 03, 2017
Paperwhite:
Thanks brother man.We're on it.Better to be a hungry free man than a well fed slave.
despite still been their slave,we are not even well fed
Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 10:46am On Jul 03, 2017
shabidu:
Jerry Gana is only speaking base on religious divide but what he fail to point out is what is the percentage of the Christians in middle belt. Christians constitute only 30% of the region, so he should stop saying middle belt will not join North as he is purely sentimental. You guys should check history as middle are well treated according to appointments. If at all any region will complain that should be North east
Oga Religion Census Commissioner Middle Belt zone well done. He never spoke based on religious sentiment. He spoke based on pragmatic political realities. You are the one thinking religion.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Kyase(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
Joseph Tarka started a Middle Belt party in the 60s because they see the Hausa Fulanis as parasites. Today the Middle belt have their own identity and have a lot of groups to identify themselves.

Stop being beggars. The middle belt is different from you people. Cc kyase coptic Terkimbi malton
stop replying that guy. As i said earlier, only time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
Stop this North Central BS. Taraba is in NE and its part of Middle Belt.

Jerry Gana has spoken and he is a strong voice in Middle Belt.

Go and look for your fellow haboki
Spread it, reinforce it, press it more and more and more till it abides. Call us Middlebelt not any fraud called North Central

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by SuperS1Panther: 11:04am On Jul 03, 2017
Quality20:
Jerry boy is just a CAN die hard fanatic. Check d middle belt and see : 1 kogi- about 70% Muslims 2. Kwara -about 90% Muslims 3. Nassarawa - about 70% Muslims 4. Niger -about 90% Muslims 5.plateau- 30 - 40% Muslims 6. Benue approx 20 to 30% Muslims. So where are the Christians that Jerry boy is speaking for? We will never see him as our leader or speaker. His leadership only reverberates among the few Christians who see him as such

So you think division will be based on religious or ethnic affiliations?

Oga wake up and smell the coffee.

The Yoruba parts of Kwara and Kogi whether they are muslims or xtians or satanist or traditionalists or pagans will be expunged into SW.

Hausa Fulani can join Niger, if they so wish while NE can join chad.

Why are the Fulans the lords of the Hausas? this is 2017 and not 18th cenury again. Hausas should fee themselves from their eternal slavery to Fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by Mujtahida: 11:07am On Jul 03, 2017
fiizznation:
What is middlebelt forum? Do you know that hausa/fulani are the second most populated ethnic group that made up the so-called middlebelt? There are indigenous fulanis in kwara, Niger, kogi, nassarawa states. Heck even plateau state have many fulani indigenes. But I bet you don't know this.

Anyway most of you are ignorant. So no surprises here.
What is Arewa Consultative Forum? If the Hausa and the Fulani in the middle belt do not join the Middle belt forum it would not invalidate the forum. This is precisely the logic and mindset that has gotten us to where we are today : What is middle belt forum? Hear the hardly concealed scorn in your words, your contempt, your condescending arrogance! The middle belt are not a people fit to have their own forum unless they are joined to the Olympian gods in the North.
It's high time we all cured our minds of this outlook. It has not helped us as a nation for 57 years. Let us try a new option where everybody is respected, every ethnic group is given EQUAL access to opportunities in this country. Thank your stars that Orkar's coup did not succeed. You would not have been here asking what is Middle Belt forum.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by SuperS1Panther: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2017
shabidu:

He is speaking based on ethnicity. When the fulani herdsmen were killing the middle belters, did they segregate the muslims away from the Xians before killing them?

Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi will definitely go with SW.

Hausas can follow their Slave MAsters to merge with Chad anad Niger.

5 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana by nopains: 11:10am On Jul 03, 2017
Freemancipation:

But Fulani herdsmen killings have been happening even before buhari came to power. So why didn't anyone speak up for the thousands killed before buhari came to power. Also, no middle Beltran came out openly before buhari went to London to challenge him on his incompetence and failure to protect Nigerian citizens.

I know so many people hate to admit it but IPOB has emboldened so many groups to speak their minds which is actually a good thing.

don't mind them. let them keep denying the obvious. IPOB is a moving force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Accuses PDP Candidates Of Sponsoring Herdsmen Killings / Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) / Peter Obi, Others Lose Abuja Lands, As Wike Revokes 167 Plots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.