Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich (33390 Views)

Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You / I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. / "I Will Marry You" - Oyinbo Man Tells Busty Nigerian Lady Frying Puff Puf Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Amarabae(f): 11:31am On Jul 25, 2017
Thank you OP.
Feminism remains a very import concept for wome,
it opens a lady's eye and prepares you in know your rights and priority.
Desperation to get married is most time due to societal pressure and it has pushed many ladies to do some silly things and later get emotional hurt.
Staying with a guy when he is broke and you are hoping for him to use wedding ring as thank you is a bad calculation.
Stay with him when he is broke just because you love him and not be hoping for marriage.
Desperation for marriage makes a woman to be soft target for opportunists.
AND ALSO.
I believe that a lady should focus FIRST on being independent financially before looking for A Broke guy to help carry his broke cross.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Noblepreneur: 11:32am On Jul 25, 2017
I want to believe at some point the lady didn't develop herself while the guy was developing himself. When the dude started making money,the Lady should have asked him to teach her too how to fish and not give her fish. The dude is now seeing her as no good hence the reason he could dump her. I like light skin babes so much but I will get married to my dark skin babe who was there when I couldn't afford 10k and she rendered all the support she could (both financial,prayers,motivation etc)until I made my first million.

Nothing on earth can make me let her go cos she is an asset(a big asset for that matter).

Team light skin babe but I will settle with a dark skin babe(of course I won't cheat on her once we walk down the aisle).

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Victornezzar: 11:33am On Jul 25, 2017
rosalieene:

I ain't endorsing cheating anyway, just stating the obvious fact.

Irony of life

Av seen runsgirls getting marriage proposals from various guys while the good ones are either single or trying to put up with a guy Prolly their bf.

It's just one of those things in life.

Fortunately, this girls termed as bad end up with the good guys.

Irony of life!!!
In which world do d good guys end up with bad galz biko

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by rosalieene(f): 11:36am On Jul 25, 2017
Victornezzar:

In which world do d good guys end up with bad galz biko

ask me again undecided

6 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 25, 2017
Amarabae:
Thank you OP.
Feminism remains a very import concept for wome,
it opens a lady's eye and prepares you in know your rights and priority.
Desperation to get married is most time due to societal pressure and it has pushed many ladies to do some silly things and later get emotional hurt.
Staying with a guy when he is broke and you are hoping for him to use wedding ring as thank you is a bad calculation.
Stay with him when he is broke just because you love him and not be hoping for marriage.
Desperation for marriage makes a woman to be soft target for opportunists.
AND ALSO.
I believe that a lady should focus FIRST on being independent financially before looking for A Broke guy to help carry his broke cross.
this is a piece of advice.thank you
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2017
Noblepreneur:
I want to believe at some point the lady didn't develop herself while the guy was developing himself. When the dude started making money,the Lady should have asked him to teach her too how to fish and not give her fish. The dude is now seeing her as no good hence the reason he could dump her. I like light skin babes so much but I will get married to my dark skin babe who was there when I couldn't afford 10k and she rendered all the support she could (both financial,prayers,motivation etc)until I made my first million.

Nothing on earth can make me let her go cos she is an asset(a big asset for that matter).

Team light skin babe but I will settle with a dark skin babe(of course I won't cheat on her once we walk down the aisle).
nice one
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by MissRaine69(f): 11:50am On Jul 25, 2017
y3mi:
Brb, let me read what MissRaine69 has to say.
Ok I will wait right here.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Lsofdk(m): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2017
rosalieene:

I ain't endorsing cheating anyway, just stating the obvious fact.

Irony of life

Av seen runsgirls getting marriage proposals from various guys while the good ones are either single or trying to put up with a guy Prolly their bf.

It's just one of those things in life.

Fortunately, this girls termed as bad end up with the good guys.

Irony of life!!!
Lol… you have a point, but I don't agree entirely. Whoever is proposing has a reason for doing so. Some ladies that are perceived good are not entirely good and vice versa.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Lsofdk(m): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2017
Mariinee:
He only likes omo pupa? sad sad
Nawa oh :
Holla holla wink
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by DrayZee: 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
MissRaine69:

No one is going to say " I was dumped because I constantly reminded him of the help I was giving him!" Some women will help a broke guy out but she will remind him daily that she is helping him out and that if it were not for her help he would be nothing!
No one wants to hear that.

Based on the OP's attitude if birds of a feather flock together I can see why the friend was dumped.
That's all.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by MissRaine69(f): 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
DrayZee:

That's all.
Same wave length.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by pocohantas(f): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
The things you should have in mind when dating a broke guy is...

You're not doing him a favour...That he is broke doesn't make him a less human or privileged to have you. That you're with him means there is something you prioritised above finance, something that appeals to you. So, you're not as 'nice' as you think. The way you're singing how your friend didn't collect money, so?

With money or education comes a change in taste and perception ... This one makes me believe your story. When you have money, you begin to wonder how somethings and people appealed to you. That's the truth. I know a man who gave his wife money to bleach when he became rich...

Humans are selfish...The average human would step on toes to satisfy himself, that includes when choosing a partner. With money, comes more choices...don't be surprised if he puts his long term happiness over your supposed loyalty.

Some of you spend so much time encouraging and developing him than yourselves ... You are always praying and encouraging him, when do you make out time to pray and encourage yourself? Remember with money comes change in taste. When he hammers and becomes digital, you're still analog... You didn't develop yourself in anyway, probably waiting for him to get rich, so una fit enjoy. His innate human selfishness might begin to manifest.

You're not indispensable ...Some women think because they supported a guy in whatever way they think, he owes them his life. Yes, one good turn deserves another...but don't rub it in his face.

Always help because you wanna help...not always because you want something in return...being marriage. It's only human you thing longterm, life thinks different sometimes.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nnemuka(f): 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
Broke guys are good in one thing which is sex, that is all they can offer.
Stay because of the sex but if you expect him to marry you, nne you are on a long thing.

6 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by ndributa: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2017
grin
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by styletrendy: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2017
na xo life be

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
SirMichael1:
Give a man position/money or power and watch him act his 'real' self.

The guy must have shown signs of betrayal but the lady was so caught up in love that she turned a blind eye to his faults! That's what love does. It's blinding!

Sorry ehn
dude, shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
She was in love without her brain....

Good for her
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by okenwaa(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
OP na waooo....dating a guy is dating a guy
Nothing like broke and rich guy..
If he'll marry u,he'll marry u................whether broke or rich

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Bodylover: 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
I actually think, she is the girl. ��

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Michael004: 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:
Ithappened to two of my friends but lem me talk about one..

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.
This is what I hate to hear. She suffered with who? Did she help him to carry block or what? Abeg tell us here which type of suffering?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by liyaha(m): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
Let her keep praying her time will come. Remember he who laugh last laugh best
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Victornezzar: 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
rosalieene:

ask me again undecided
nawa oo
small question dey pepper una 4 body

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by samx4real(m): 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kondomatic:
No guy leaves a GOOD woman who stood by him when he was poor.

Lemme Highlight Some Things.

1. Dating a broke guy doesn't mean you are a good woman

2. Dating a broke guy and building a future with a broke guy are not the same

3. Dating a guy because you've looked into his future and seen that he will turn out great is not love, dating, support or whatever you girls take it to be. It is an investment into his blessing with nothing and every investor losses.

4. If you date a guy when he was broke but didn't invest in him or support him(and prayer isn't the support I am talking about here, his mama prayers for him even in sleep) , he owe you nothing and can break up with you anytime

5. Dating a broke guy is like sponsoring a lady's education when she is not married to you, they come back with another guy instead of certificate most times.

The truth is bitter...
You are on point!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by SmartyPants(m): 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.

Well thats what happens when you fail to realize that your pu-c is not enough.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by chuksjuve(m): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

it happened to them doesn't mean it will happen to everybody..
stop this hasty generalization..
t
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Treydavid: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by LordKO(m): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
Notionally, this happenstance is about the guy breaking up with her because he has made money. But literally, which is the truth, the guy broke up with her because he has achieved self-realization, and realized that the goodnesses she possess aren't enough for him. . . that however doesn't make her evil.

My point remains, the importance of self-realization can never be overemphasized. The moment/stage in life at which a man/woman achieved self-realization always mark the beginning of such person's journey on earth. When you hear about irreconcilable differences, which is the major cause of divorces everywhere in the world, you will come to appreciate the importance of two parties achieving self-realization before entering into serious relationship in life.

The lady should accept her fate, I know it hurts, and move on with her life. The guy broke up with her not because he hates her, no, rather because he doesn't love her enough to have her as a wife.

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

I strongly believe that your friend didn't tell you the whole truth. Something is still fishy here!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
yes, you are right.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
SmartyPants:

Well thats what happens when you fail to realize that your pu-c is not enough.
how does this relate to the post...
spoilt child
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by bethyz(m): 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
I dated a guy when he had nothing . Though I was in school. when I graduated I told him 4years in school you didnt achieve anything. 5 years into the relationship I told him if after 5years you are still not ready no more. I moved on with my life. Now he is in Malaysia, showing me his houses and stuff he has now.
At a time i felt if I knew.
But then I am married to a man I love so much. I think all he showed me was just lies.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
I am broke, I am not good in bed, I am ugly, I even have a small p*nis... Madam face your front, what you looking at? Person no go hear word again.

Ermmm, photographers do you know your camera maybe going bad already, kindly read this. Photographers only please, you have been warned.

http://www.fototech.com.ng/dear-photographers-know-camera-may-go-bad-soon/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Hit Me...should I Forgive Him? / How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? / What Is Your Greatest Fear In Going Into Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.