Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,547 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich (33405 Views)

Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You / I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. / "I Will Marry You" - Oyinbo Man Tells Busty Nigerian Lady Frying Puff Puf Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
reason why alot of guys don't marry the girl they were dating when they were broke:

a broke guy will take all the shit from her because he doesn't have money to start a new relationship. even if she's cheating on him and he knows he wouldn't wanna let her go especially if the girl doesn't demand anything from him.
ladies don't give 100% respect to a guy especially if he's broke.
in all this the guy will just keep quit and bear waiting till he will arrive. then show the girl who's the man.
note: no man will leave a woman that was 100% loyal and loving to him when he was struggling. so ladies should stop all this rubbish of he dump me after I have suffered with him

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by escapefromusa(f): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2017
rosalieene:

I ain't endorsing cheating anyway, just stating the obvious fact.

Irony of life

Av seen runsgirls getting marriage proposals from various guys while the good ones are either single or trying to put up with a guy Prolly their bf.

It's just one of those things in life.

Fortunately, this girls termed as bad end up with the good guys.

Irony of life!!!

.... they work haaaaard grin
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by MissJoy29(f): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
I'm not writing this to blame anyone here. Rather, it's to address most of the comments here about ladies expecting men to foot most of their bills especially when dating. Naturally, men are the providers so expecting them to do what they do best isn't a crime. I want us to be realistic here and not idealistic.

SCENARIO 1
I'm dating a guy, and I'm able to foot some of my bills myself (rent, water, electricity, call, food bills & so on) without depending on him, & I go over to his house and I cook, clean, wash & do every other domestic work for him with my money and energy while he brings nothing to the table(I even transport myself to & fro across states & drop some cash for him & oh....Pray & encourage him), he's only able to pay his rent and some utility bills. I'll say I'm dating a "liability". Cos I'm not gaining anything from him. He's the one gaining from me but I'm cool with it to an extent cos I love him. My only consolation might be that I have seen potential in him & want to support him. I'm also expectant that he doesn't forget me when he makes it. Only for him to do exactly that.You will discover that the world will somehow find a way to blame me(the lady )if I cry FOUL.

SCENARIO 2
Now, flip this scenario around & it's the guy that's dating a "liability". Here, the girl doesn't bring anything to the table. The guy foots all her bills. Will he still NOT be expected to raise an alarm when the lady finally leaves him to marry another man? And you will be surprised to see that the world will still blame the lady AGAIN.

Which of these two scenarios do you think will be more painful and for whom?

My point exactly is that, no matter how you look at it, a man OUGHT to provide more. Otherwise, there won't be balance.Just the same way a lady OUGHT to be more domesticated than a man.

Now, to address the issue raised by the OP & coming from someone who has been in a similar situation as her friend, I will blame both parties. The guy: for staying put all these years while he was being catered for (to an extent) & then his "choices, taste & orientation" changing at the expense of the lady.
The lady: for being naive and unwise and insensitive enough to invest so much time, energy and probably money on a guy who must have obviously showed signs of jumping ship.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Tex42(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
VargasVee:
No pun intended, but this sounds like a load of Bullshiit.

She's not light-skinned?

I gave up when I got to this point...never knew that people are so lazy in their thought.

he should have come straight and clean and let the girls know he wasn't into her any more,instead of this "handicapped reason" he gave.

honestly this is some serious bullshit.

we never hear the guy part Sha,the babe might not be a saint after all.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by donlee235: 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
The real test of a woman is when her man has nothing, the real test of a man is when he has everything.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Somme57: 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kondomatic:
No guy leaves a GOOD woman who stood by him when he was poor.

Lemme Highlight Some Things.

1. Dating a broke guy doesn't mean you are a good woman

2. Dating a broke guy and building a future with a broke guy are not the same

3. Dating a guy because you've looked into his future and seen that he will turn out great is not love, dating, support or whatever you girls take it to be. It is an investment into his blessing with nothing and every investor losses.

4. If you date a guy when he was broke but didn't invest in him or support him(and prayer isn't the support I am talking about here, his mama prayers for him even in sleep) , he owe you nothing and can break up with you anytime

5. Dating a broke guy is like sponsoring a lady's education when she is not married to you, they come back with another guy instead of certificate most times.

U have said it all. Thanks boss
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by ogawisdom(m): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:
Ithappened to two of my friends but lem me talk about one..

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.

Chai dts why dating for more than 3 yrs is nt advisable. She shld move on. Some were dumped after 7 yrs self

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Sezua(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.
Op dnt worry about that guy.
I am broke and i won't leave you grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Blonchilli(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kondomatic:

3. Dating a guy because you've looked into his future and seen that he will turn out great is not love, dating, support or whatever you girls take it to be. It is an investment into his blessing with nothing and every investor losses.

4. If you date a guy when he was broke but didn't invest in him or support him(and prayer isn't the support I am talking about here, his mama prayers for him even in sleep) , he owe you nothing and can break up with you anytime

5. Dating a broke guy is like sponsoring a lady's education when she is not married to you, they come back with another guy instead of certificate most times.
You just preached bro. Permission to post your comment on my facebook wall smiley
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Kondomatic(m): 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
Blonchilli:

You just preached bro. Permission to post your comment on my facebook wall smiley
Feel free bro
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by kpolli(m): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

Though I agree that the bf is a fool and didn't deserve to date your friend at all, I don't agree with your description of him visiting her or vice versa and him not dropping money. It's not his duty to do that.

But I have one little question, did she aid him in anyway to make the money he started making?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Sierusvirus(m): 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kondomatic:

The truth is always bitter but you just said it.
The guy was broke then, wasn't the girls also BROKE. That moment was she supporting him financially, the answer I guess is NO.
Apart from that, the girl can never swear she was sleeping with only him then, NOT POSSIBLE AT ALL. shows she was even cheating on him.
Summary, they were friends for benefit and nothing more.
Why crying a river out of nothing, he went to the university, Nysc and made it, same thing with her but wants to be a parasite waiting for him.
Young lady, a man knows what he wants, if actually she was worth to be a wife material nothing would have stopped the man from not marring her but she wasn't and no man wants to convert a gf to wife material...... grin
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by LovelyFunmi(f): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
so true, I had almost the same experience, now he is begging like his life depends on it
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
cheesy

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by MzJin(f): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

Tell her to move on and stop being a mugu.......it happened to mua.....b4 d guy go say jackie appiah I just fashi.....it really hurts.....but leme end d story....d guy will end in agony while d lady will end in praises.....pls just tell her to take heart .......job got poor in a sec.......a nice guy who deserves her will come around.......d thunder wey go fire d guy still dey do press up......u see dat ocha ka omaka peeps......em money go finish maintaining dat fair ass........make d guy continue........

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by MzJin(f): 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
VargasVee:

She's not light-skinned?

Lamest reason I ever heard, Or he didn't see her before when he was broke?

Ask Your friend, she is yet to tell you what she did.
guy u neva see wen men na adaa stupid..some guys are not worth a muscle
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
GOD'S PUNISHMENT FOR FORNICATION COMES IN DIFFERENT FORMS. IT TAKES THOSE THAT STUDY BIBLE TO KNOW THIS.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by bassette(m): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

my dear nothing like lie..you don't have the heart to leave a good lady doesn't mean others don't.....guess you haven't seen things..I said it happened to two of my friends. .the other girl even dated her bf for 8years..
That's why it's never advisable to keep a relationship for too long..fact is alot of guys know from onset if they wanna end up with a particular lady or not but most for fear of being lonely or feeling abandoned or as it is said: "if the needed isn't available,the available becomes the needed",hence you guys go on with a lady when they are struggling..it is wicked and unfair. same goes for ladies.it is even wrong for a guy to put a girl Tru school with d hope she wud marry him at graduation.. Destinies are never decided these ways..it is also more like in a family setting where parents decide career paths for their kids from childhood..All of these is more like playing God over another person's life. for me if I help a girl Tru with school it wud be silly of me to expect her to end up with me...The society hardly learns
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by pweetiedee(m): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
VargasVee:

She's not light-skinned?

Lamest reason I ever heard, Or he didn't see her before when he was broke?

Ask Your friend, she is yet to tell you what she did.

I'm sure she didn't do anything. That was how my friends bf left her saying she had no hips!

I'm serious, I was just laughing when she told me.

Some guys are actually lame.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by leobrownish(m): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kondomatic:

you have said it all jae.... Another thing, you being in school doesn't mean you are broke. you only have to work toward your future in school, not a Priority.... Because one of your primary assignment was never to make money in school but to bring home a good certificate. But because of our economy, oppression of seeing your friends make dou(money) and dating high class � girls will make you think you are broke and need to succeed before you graduate. But my friend, your future awaits you. time can never be bought. dating a nice girl, a girl nice enough to be a good wife might not necessarily change your character. you are who you are.

well still sympathizing with the girl for being so good, nevertheless, life still goes on.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by pweetiedee(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2017
FRANKOSKI:
GOD'S PUNISHMENT FOR FORNICATION COMES IN DIFFERENT FORMS. IT TAKES THOSE THAT STUDY BIBLE TO KNOW THIS.

Shut up, fool.

Did the op even say they had sex?

I'm sure when you are ready to marry, u will just a pick a girl up from the street and marry her. No dating.

Msheeew
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by VargasVee(m): 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2017
pweetiedee:

I'm sure she didn't do anything. That was how my friends bf left her saying she had no hips!

I'm serious, I was just laughing when she told me.

Some guys are actually lame.

LMAO grin

The guy, does he sell hips?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by eboiga(f): 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2017
I love you already
Kondomatic:

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by VargasVee(m): 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
MzJin:
guy u neva see wen men na adaa stupid..some guys are not worth a muscle

So it's happened to you before? The lame excuse
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Tolubae1(f): 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
Wen broke guys become rich they tend togv too Mich laws, bae y r u fat? Bae y is ur ass so flat? I don't like ur complexion, tis and dat angry forgetting that d babe they r eyeing and dying for outside na anoda guy dey clean am up, dull brains angry lipsrsealed
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by MissJoy29(f): 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
I disagree with you sir. I give 100 % to the person I'm dating, whether " broke " or rich. I can still do it for "broke" guys just that I choose not to. Remember, once beaten, twice shy.

Again, just like someone said before, leave it at, " no GOOD man or lady should leave someone who was 100 % loyal and loving to them when they were struggling & had nothing."

e author=cyrilfosy post=58820537]reason why alot of guys don't marry the girl they were dating when they were broke:

a broke guy will take all the shit from her because he doesn't have money to start a new relationship. even if she's cheating on him and he knows he wouldn't wanna let her go especially if the girl doesn't demand anything from him.
in all this the guy will just keep quit and bear waiting till he will arrive. then show the girl who's the man.
note: no man will leave a woman that was 100% loyal and loving to him when he was struggling. so ladies should stop all this rubbish of he dump me after I have suffered with him
[/quote]
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by IyiolaOwabumowa(m): 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
Here's the post, it's 5000+ words long so I can't post it here, enjoy!

Read the post : http://theincomeblogger.com/traffic-generation-tips
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by pweetiedee(m): 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
VargasVee:

LMAO grin

The guy, does he sell hips?

Don't mind him. I didn't really like him sef. Dunno what my friend saw in him.anyways
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
MzJin:

Tell her to move on and stop being a mugu.......it happened to mua.....b4 d guy go say jackie appiah I just fashi.....it really hurts.....but leme end d story....d guy will end in agony while d lady will end in praises.....pls just tell her to take heart .......job got poor in a sec.......a nice guy who deserves her will come around.......d thunder wey go fire d guy still dey do press up......u see dat ocha ka omaka peeps......em money go finish maintaining dat fair ass........make d guy continue........
Lol you made alot of sense
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by MissJoy29(f): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
[quote author=cyrilfosy post=58820537]reason why alot of guys don't marry the girl they were dating when they were broke:

[/quote

I disagree with you sir. I give 100 % to the person I'm dating, whether " broke " or rich. I can still do it for "broke" guys just that I choose not to. Remember, once beaten, twice shy.

Again, just like someone said before, leave it at, " no GOOD man or lady should leave someone who was 100 % loyal and loving to them when they were struggling & had nothing."
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by VargasVee(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
pweetiedee:

Don't mind him. I didn't really like him sef. Dunno what my friend saw in him.anyways

You don't really get to blame them.

Love blinds those who believe innit.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by MzJin(f): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
VargasVee:

So it's happened to you before? The lame excuse
hhahaahahahhahaha......I smell pokenosers..........who say make u buy ma mata tatafoooo....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Your Greatest Fear In Going Into Marriage / My Boyfriend Hit Me...should I Forgive Him? / How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.