Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Dear Broke Women - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Broke Women (22984 Views)

. / Counseller Lutterodt: 'Buy A Gift For The Man Who Broke Your Virginity' / DEAR BROKE GUYS! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Broke Women by Blackhawk01: 9:50am On Jul 28, 2017
MzLarem:
This nonsense is getting boring already...Enough of all this broke broke threads and women-criticizing threads. is that what romance section is about now angry .Leave us alone and let's us live. Ewo loriburuku gann.

All these prim and proper forming girls won't let us hear word nii. Seun should just create another section for em broke people and their asslickers biko. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Dear Broke Women by odaniel1(m): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
shocked shocked

It seems the topic nowadays on NL is about nothing but being a broke.. sad
There's so much owu breeze blowing in the land sis...
Is dt Kashybaby yellow pawpaw? Wah happend to ur former moniker?
Re: Dear Broke Women by MissRaine69(f): 9:56am On Jul 28, 2017
MzLarem:
This nonsense is getting boring already...Enough of all this broke broke threads and women-criticizing threads. is that what romance section is about now angry .Leave us alone and let's us live. Ewo loriburuku gann.
You were not forced to click on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Broke Women by NoToPile: 9:57am On Jul 28, 2017
Well since it seems the OP is talking about relationships/dating I will pass.

If she mentioned wife/marriage in this writeup then I will have something to say.
Re: Dear Broke Women by odaniel1(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2017
MissRaine69:
I am a different type of woman.
yeah ur moniker tells it all..lol
Re: Dear Broke Women by ivolt: 10:00am On Jul 28, 2017
Chommieblaq:
Thanks MissRaine69, you beat me to creating this topic.
I honestly don't know what some ladies want. Relationship is not a poverty alleviation scheme, and to say that most of them shout this broke upanda don't even know what being broke is in the actual sense.
A broke person, is some that can't afford a meal, accommodation and basic things of life.

I wonder why some girls call some guys broke when they can afford all the aforementioned, ohhh probably because he can't afford certain luxuries huh? But then he can afford his needs.( and he still aiming high)

Truth is, it's those girls that are broke (hell broke), they can't afford their needs and they are bent on finding someone to saddle them with it. He's not your daddy, you ain't even married to him ( and even if you are, must you be a liability)
That's how I read about someone staying with a broke guy for 5 years and he left her for someone (I feel for her tho), but not all relationship leads to marriage (broke or rich guy), and during that period he was broke and developing himself till he made it, what was she doing? Support yourself and develop yourself too. If she had developed herself, she will only be heartbroken about the love that is gone, the wasted years, not bitter that he's made it and left her, then you will start hearing cliche like "I stood by him and supported him" Support and stand by yourself, you need it more than any other person.

Be with a guy because you love him, not just because he can foot your bill biko

I hope you are not one of those shouting, "Aunty goan marry"
Re: Dear Broke Women by MissRaine69(f): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2017
pamijlove:
I think it's high time u people remove this mentality from ur forehead that people are going into a relationship or getting married because of money, we don't need to be anxious about food or what to wear for tomorrow since we know that God will bless our effort in what we're doing, A righteous man should not be worried of tomorrow, .......We all need companion and that is the main thing there.
Abi ur son no need companion....abi is he going to spend the rest of his life with u/his parent.
You clearly did not understand anything.
Contribute something maybe then you won't be so anxious about food or what to wear. Why should your whole existence in that union be vested in him? What if he cannot provide as nothing in life is guaranteed what then? You all starve?

1 Like

Re: Dear Broke Women by ivolt: 10:04am On Jul 28, 2017
MissRaine69:

You clearly did not understand anything.
Contribute something maybe then you won't be so anxious about being food or what to wear. Why should your whole existence in that union be vested on him? What if he cannot provide as nothing in life is guaranteed what then? You all starve?

Good question.
Why should your whole existence depends on being married ?
Can't you be financially independent for its own sake ?
Re: Dear Broke Women by Istand(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2017
Nne5:
Thank you op.
I think your title should read 'Dear broke slay Queen'

To me,a broke man/lady is one that doesn't have financial standing and has no intention of doing anything about it.

Everyday we read articles written by a set of ladies called slayqueens on how they cant date broke men when they themselves are broke.
Personally, I think broke girls should roll with broke guys and vice versa.

Now thing's these girls dont work hard because they believe men should be the saviours that'll liberate them from the chains and shackles of poverty.Now that's not only silly but also embarrassing.

I think its high time ladies learnt to be independent.If you want a comfortable man,you should as well be comfortable.

Same way I wouldn't like a broke man in my life is the same way I wouldn't wish a broke woman on my brother.

You've said it all. Your last statement got me smiling n head-shaking
Re: Dear Broke Women by marvin902(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2017
MissRaine69:
Know this
I did not suffer labour pains for 4 days to deliver my son so that he could alleviate you from poverty that is the role of your parents
I did not carry my son for 9 months, struggle through his formative years
Struggle with his father to send him and his siblings to school so that you could demand he buys you expensive gifts. We did not Experience the anxieties of watching him head buried in his books studying for exams. Watched his father offer him words of encouragement as he lay awake wondering if he had been accepted into the University of his choice. His father and I sat there one of the proudest moments we experienced as parents watching him graduate.
Life was never meant to be easy getting a job was the biggest mountain he had to climb.
Do you know how many rejections from employers he received?
Do you know how it broke our hearts when we struggled to find words to keep his spirits up?

I remember the day I received that phone call he had finally made it he both his feet were now firmly on the ground. Then he met you a stunning goddess but to my dismay a woman who did not tire of talking about herself.
A woman who was empty inside a women who responded with " If you say so" when we spoke about current affairs. I realise now in hindsight your area of expertise was IG , FB & celebrity gossip.

A woman who laughed when I asked her what she hopped to do. You pointed at my son and said "he will take care of me now!"
Who will take care of you? My son ?
I don't think so. You are not his responsibility. He is not in servitude to pander to your whims.

He was distressed when he came to visit us he told me you wanted better accommodation you were tired of sharing, and you also wanted a car. How could he afford all this when he had just stared working?
You stopped talking to him it was heartbreaking to see his distress.
My son is not the IMF that bails struggling entities like you out of complete financial meltdown. He is trying to make you happy but happiness to you equates to money.
Dear broke women my son is not your ATM.

He owes you nothing, he is not obligated to do
Anything for you. He will do something because he wants to not because he has to or because you give him an ultimatum.

Dear broke women he owes no loyalty to you because all you seek is an opportunity. He is your salvation out of a situation. You don't love my son you love money.

swthrt kneel down let me pray for you

dangote son shall find you..
bAnana island shall find you..
smiley smiley grin grin grin
Re: Dear Broke Women by speedyGonzales: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2017
MissRaine69:
Know this
I did not suffer labour pains for 4 days to deliver my son so that he could alleviate you from poverty that is the role of your parents
Struggle with his father to send him and his siblings to school so that you could demand he buys you expensive gifts. We did not Experience the anxieties of watching him head buried in his books studying for exams. Watched his father offer him words of encouragement as he lay awake wondering if he had been accepted into the University of his choice. His father and I sat there one of the proudest moments we experienced as parents watching him graduate.
Life was never meant to be easy getting a job was the biggest mountain he had to climb.
Do you know how it broke our hearts when we struggled to find words to keep his spirits up?

I remember the day I received that phone call he had finally made it he both his feet were now firmly on the ground. Then he met you a stunning goddess but to my dismay a woman who did not tire of talking about herself.
A woman who was empty inside a women who responded with " If you say so" when we spoke about current affairs. I realise now in hindsight your area of expertise was IG , FB & celebrity gossip.

A woman who laughed when I asked her what she hopped to do. You pointed at my son and said "he will take care of me now!"
I don't think so. You are not his responsibility. He is not in servitude to pander to your whims.

He was distressed when he came to visit us he told me you wanted better accommodation you were tired of sharing, and you also wanted a car. How could he afford all this when he had just stared working?
My son is not the IMF that bails struggling entities like you out of complete financial meltdown. He is trying to make you happy but happiness to you equates to money.

Anything for you. He will do something because he wants to not because he has to or because you give him an ultimatum.

Dear broke women he owes no loyalty to you because all you seek is an opportunity. He is your salvation out of a situation. You don't love my son you love money.

Quiet surprised by this post that's why I popped in to reply. I didn't know there were still smart women like you in Nigeria! I though all the young ladies in Nigeria now are lazy b***tches that contribute nothing but kill their man's ambition by leaching off them to satisfy their never quenching taste for material possessions. This gives me hope! Nice one!
Re: Dear Broke Women by Chommieblaq(f): 10:09am On Jul 28, 2017
ivolt:

I hope you are not one of those shouting, "Aunty goan marry"

Why will I be shouting Aunty go and marry?

Marriage doesn't make one happy o fulfill, good marriage does.
One can still find fulfillment with or without marriage.
Each mallam to his own kettle, whatever makes one happy.
Re: Dear Broke Women by ivolt: 10:13am On Jul 28, 2017
ugwuvictor58:
Had anyone noticed something ? Those females that troops into thread of broke guys these, broke guyz that ,and even broke guyz are not suppose to have erection (Na u get him d*ck for him ni ? ) lol,are no were to be found o.
We must search for them & they must comment on these thread,Probably they are suddenly in a reading mode .I just caught one peeping !
I can confidently say that 90% of female that easily pour out there vexations on broke guyz thread are fanatically broke too.They are damn fuvking hypocrite.They depend on guyz to change there life rather than take full responsibility for there life & financial status.
Come and reap were u did not sow na .#Shameless.

I am sorry, if you are one of the broke guys, you shouldn't be commenting
on these thread. Let women make their choice while you make yours, whether
they take responsibility for their own lives or not is their decision and they
will suffer the consequence alone.

1 Like

Re: Dear Broke Women by MissRaine69(f): 10:20am On Jul 28, 2017
ShyCypher:

https://www.nairaland.com/3941232/how-taught-slay-queen-lesson

Come to think of it... it was actually TWO DAYS
And the comment I made was in direct support of the woman in question according to you?
Re: Dear Broke Women by Beosten(m): 10:24am On Jul 28, 2017
y3mi:

You know what to do.

I can't access my mail. So I changed it, and will send PM to you.
Re: Dear Broke Women by Xisnin(m): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2017
@MissRaine69 what do you do for a living ?

Any lady who foolishly marries the son of your fictitious mother-in-law
will live to regret her entire life, even if she is as rich as Oprah Winfrey.

A mother who thinks she owns her grown up son and his decisions should
be avoided at all cost. If the son has no problem with his girlfriend's finance,
how is that the mother's problem ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Broke Women by y3mi(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Beosten:

I can't access my mail. So I changed it, and will send PM to you.
I got it, I just replied you.
Re: Dear Broke Women by MissRaine69(f): 10:42am On Jul 28, 2017
Xisnin:
@MissRaine69 what do you do for a living ?

Any lady who foolishly marries the son of your fictitious mother-in-law
will live to regret her entire life, even if she is as rich as Oprah Winfrey.

A mother who thinks she owns her grown up son and his decisions should
be avoided at all cost. If the son has no problem with his girlfriend's finance,
how is that the mother's problem ?

You clearly struggle to be objective that's evident.
I am a obstetrician-gynaecologist since we are on that topic of jobs what is it that you do in life?

3 Likes

Re: Dear Broke Women by KingOfThePay(m): 10:43am On Jul 28, 2017
klenton:

this is so apt my dear, am so proud of your parents
i wonder why some gals think that a man should be a meal ticket, the other day i gave a girl a lift out of the rain, we exchanged numbers later she called me that she wants to hang out i asked her to come around and she did with her friends at a fast food after which i droped them off

then later the next day she called me telling me about how the landord is bullying and wants to throw away her things over rents owed, i honestly though she is telling me dis cus of my proffesion then i told her the landlord has no right to do dat, thats its only the court that can evict her i asked her to give me the landlords number but she was silent then i asked her what she wants me to do...she said i should give her the money...i asked how much she said 80k...am like really amadioha fall on u

like serioualy its dis kinda of gals that comes on social media and talk about broke guyz...am i your father? so once i say hi to u i should inherit all your problems? what do u even have to offer me if am not broke? why should u even concern ur self with my brokeness? did they cut off ur hands to make money too?

1 Like

Re: Dear Broke Women by Victornezzar: 10:53am On Jul 28, 2017
my mumu mind dey telll me say d op na guy grin
But all d same Op nice 1 sha
Abeg no quote me oo tongue
Re: Dear Broke Women by farem: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2017
MissRaine69:
Know this

Let subject the write-up to votes.

If you completely agree with the writer please click LIKE If you disagree (for any reason), click SHARE.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Broke Women by feckylicious: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2017
God bless u man
Toks2008:
I have said this several times...Heaven forbids me Olatokunbo to marry a liability...no matter how sweet you are,you must find something doing even if it gives you N500 a day..it's a good start.

They tell me toks go and marry but what many don't know is that I have been there and I know the importance of having a wife who has her own source of income.

It is either I'm so rich to set up the lady or she is already doing something but if you have that mindset that because you are married to me then your responsibility becomes mine then you are living in a fools paradise...times have changed....whatever I give you will be a plus...I will never again in my life be put under pressure by a clueless liability.

The most unfortunate twist is that even ladies who went through the same educational system as their male counterparts and who equally face the same economic challenges will still be shouting my man must be financially stable or worse still must be rich...eediot...what about you becoming rich on your own without any man?
amazingly some ladies will date a broke guy and will start thinking they are doing you a favor and waiting for that time when you will be rich just to remind you they were there for you...iranu.

My man must be able to take care of me,if I go visit him he must give me t fare...he must give me upkeep money bla bla bla...

Don't get it twisted....it is in the genome of ladies to want their men take care of them but in Nigeria expecially it has to be about money and I find this quite appalling.....a guy who spends 2k for you out of the 10k he has home and away is far better than a man who spends 2m for you out of the billions he has but what do I know? do some ladies ever think?..it's about the highest bidder and no more about the one who truly desires her

Abeg lemme stop here...
Re: Dear Broke Women by austine4real(m): 11:13am On Jul 28, 2017
Pierced:
cool
Hw far will love to meet u
Re: Dear Broke Women by Kennedy767(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2017
klenton:

this is so apt my dear, am so proud of your parents
i wonder why some gals think that a man should be a meal ticket, the other day i gave a girl a lift out of the rain, we exchanged numbers later she called me that she wants to hang out i asked her to come around and she did with her friends at a fast food after which i droped them off

then later the next day she called me telling me about how the landord is bullying and wants to throw away her things over rents owed, i honestly though she is telling me dis cus of my proffesion then i told her the landlord has no right to do dat, thats its only the court that can evict her i asked her to give me the landlords number but she was silent then i asked her what she wants me to do...she said i should give her the money...i asked how much she said 80k...am like really amadioha fall on u

like serioualy its dis kinda of gals that comes on social media and talk about broke guyz...am i your father? so once i say hi to u i should inherit all your problems? what do u even have to offer me if am not broke? why should u even concern ur self with my brokeness? did they cut off ur hands to make money too?
Guy u get mouth shall...nairaland will not kill me with laugh..wen post like dis comes that u will c guys red eyes
Re: Dear Broke Women by Marcelo290(m): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2017
dipznano:
Please where is Amarabae na?? grin grin
Amarahoe you meant? Probably covering her face in shame and wishing what she just read wasn't a reality, more surprising to know she's married...

Re: Dear Broke Women by bentuzene(m): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2017
MissRaine69:
Know this

Spot on...

Don't mean I won't look out for my girl... I mean if i'm a success and she's worthy the success should spread.

No slays allowed tho grin
Re: Dear Broke Women by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2017
Yonce:

Truth is bitter, it's even harder to swallow. The Op spoke cold hard truths.

Put yourself in the shoes of the mothers of these men you keep calling "broke" would you like the same treatment for your son? undecided
I don't give a damn fucck, I didn't even read more than the first paragraph... The topic has been over flogged lots of times. enough with it.

1 Like

Re: Dear Broke Women by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 28, 2017
MissRaine69:

You were not forced to click on this thread.
Please shift and let us see better topics than this stale shii... it's an open forum and my cyber space, I can comment the Bleep I want. angry

1 Like

Re: Dear Broke Women by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 28, 2017
Blackhawk01:

All these prim and proper forming girls won't let us hear word nii. Seun should just create another section for em broke people and their asslickers biko. undecided undecided
I swear down,you will open romance section, all to see like 5 topics on broke Broke gIrls/boys...like WTF! You don't even know anybody here offline, you don't know who is broke and who is not... they themselves, how much do they worth? But you wont let us rest and read better topics, they are even vexing me sef. Seun supposed to dey close threads that its topic has been written before.

Everybody sha want to have opinion and be seen. Oshi!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Broke Women by MissRaine69(f): 11:35am On Jul 28, 2017
MzLarem:
Please shift and let us see better topics than this stale shii... it's an open forum and my cyber space, I can comment the Bleep I want. angry
This is what happens when individuals lack the acumen to rebuff . You are intelligent are you not? Post one nothing is hindering you from engaging your grey matter. It's an open forum so I can post whatever it is I want as well let's see you do better . Challenge accepted!

3 Likes

Re: Dear Broke Women by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 28, 2017
MissRaine69:

You are intelligent are you not? Post one nothing is hindering your creativity.
There are other intelligent threads here but this kinda thread is obstructing people from seeing them. Guys especially will troop in here because it boosts their ego... so please, stop trying to be sassy,you failing at it. undecided
Re: Dear Broke Women by MissRaine69(f): 11:39am On Jul 28, 2017
MzLarem:
I don't give a damn fucck, I didn't even read more than the first paragraph... The topic has been over flogged lots of times. enough with it.
You can read? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Allison Bisongs Hyacintho: My Experience With A Pastor & Wife On Their Honeymoon / Durex Condoms Are Recalled After They Failed Burst Pressure Tests / Your Favourite Romance Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.