Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,730 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. (19031 Views)

Explosives Abandoned During Civil War Recovered By Police / Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War / Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by obxddon(m): 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
The main thing be say, this times reporter, may just be one sensational writer whoe is looking for nobel prize, shey im follow dem dey inside the bush abi na "hear say" dey worry am, ??
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 7:43pm On Feb 18, 2010
nex:

@Afam

how can you boldly claim that people are lying against you when spread lies against others at will? It's just karma. And don't forget my constant question which you keep avoiding. WHY WAS OJUKWU GAINING WEIGHT WHEN OTHER IBOS WERE DYING OF STARVATION DURING THE BLOCKADE?

If you cannot get basic facts right about Ojukwu in spite of his mistakes then answering your equally childish question would amount to a waste of time. You must learn to respect a people first before expecting answers to any questions you may have unless of course your life revolves around insulting a people while claiming not to be doing so.

At least, you have been unmasked, thanks to you.

ndu_chucks:

I apologize if I missed youir direct response to the question so I ask you again:

Do you feel perhaps Ojukwu might have surrendered earlier
than he did?

Thank you for you anticipated direct answer, even a Yes or No would do.

Your apology belongs to the trash can because you are worse than I had ever thought. If you can deny my response which was a direct response then you won't even have any problem denying your own father in public. You disgust me with your shameless lies.

If you cannot remember or cannot find the direct answer I gave you which you even commented on then taking otapiapia before sleeping this night would put you out of your misery.

Is it not the same misguided hatred that made you to only realize a few days ago that Nzeogwu was not an Easterner? And yet when people discuss about the civil war you bring out your hands to type nonsense.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by LAFOCUZY: 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

If you cannot get basic facts right about Ojukwu in spite of his mistakes then answering your equally childish question would amount to a waste of time. You must learn to respect a people first before expecting answers to any questions you may have unless of course your life revolves around insulting a people while claiming not to be doing so.

At least, you have been unmasked, thanks to you.

Your apology belongs to the trash can because you are worse than I had ever thought. If you can deny my response which was a direct response then you won't even have any problem denying your own father in public. You disgust me with your shameless lies.

If you cannot remember or cannot find the direct answer I gave you which you even commented on then taking otapiapia before sleeping this night would put you out of your misery.

Is it not the same misguided hatred that made you to only realize a few days ago that Nzeogwu was not an Easterner? And yet when people discuss about the civil war you bring out your hands to type nonsense.

All this because he politely asked you a question.

Saying you have no answer or you're too ashamed to answer would have sufficed instead of your unnecessary perambulation and trash talk.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2010
These are facts that hatred and malice have blinded us to.

1. There are Northerners that hid Igbos during the war and thus prevented them from being killed.

2. There are Yorubas who either resigned from the Army rather than fight against Biafra or those that actually fought on the side of Biafra.

3. A lot of Igbos were being killed in different parts of the country and the FG couldn't do anything to stop this.

4. Eastern Region under Ojukwu remained a single region for close to one year after the July 66 coup by Gowon and co and within that time a peaceful resolution was being sought after. This necessitated the Aburi Accord which though all the participants signed and agreed to (with Ojukwu the only representative on the Eastern region side) but for some strange reasons abandoned by the FG under Gowon.

5. The name Biafra was suggested by an Ijaw man not even an Igbo man and the name was adopted by the government not a proclamation by Ojuwku.

There are indeed a lot of facts on ground and once we have mutual respect we can discuss anything under the sun.

I disagree with people who say we should forget about the past because doing so without addressing the cause or correcting the lies being spread would lead to a more serious problem in future.

All that is required is respect for truth and tolerance.

In all these, the most shameful set of people are those who for one reason or the other insult or abuse a tribe or an ethnic group due to the action of a few.

That an Hausa man killed an Igbo man does not mean that all Hausa people are bad.

That a Yoruba man killed an Igbo man does not mean that all Yoruba people are bad.

That an Igbo man killed a Yoruba or Hausa man does not mean that all Igbo people are bad.

We must rise above the tribal bigotry and address issues as they come without insulting a whole tribe since it is not possible for anyone to be dealt with by a whole tribe.

Insulting a people is both wrong and stupid.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 8:02pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa:

All this because he politely asked you a question.

Saying you have no answer or you're too ashamed to answer would have sufficed instead of your unnecessary perambulation and trash talk.

You may be easily deceived by his type but not me.

I have answered his question before and he knows it. Ashamed of what? Ojukwu's mistake is not Afam's mistake so why should I be ashamed of what someone else may have done?

The problem with people like you is that you see everything through tribal prisms. Keep your tribal bigotry aside for a moment and you will see clearly.

I have gone beyond abusing a tribe as you effortlessly do here because it is stupid to do so.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by chuxy12(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2010
according to Machiavelli, the easiest way to become popular is to take on someone greater than you. I think one of the easiest way to generate traffic and comments to your thread is by becoming an Ojukwu or Awolowo basher . start(sow) a thread bashing any of these greats and watch the torrents of reply funny, stupid and mischievous posts. i think though most of the poster are mischievous and out to have fun at having being able to provoke so much response.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by nduchucks: 8:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Afam,  Why is it difficult for you to answer a simple question. Stop dodging it. You should know by now that I'm immune to your insults.

Answer the simple question and if you are ashamed to answer, sa so. olodo

than he did?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by hatch: 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

We must rise above the tribal bigotry and address issues as they come without insulting a whole tribe since it is not possible for anyone to be dealt with by a whole tribe.

Insulting a people is both wrong and silly.
I agree with this ideology

@ndu_chucks, abeg leave afam alone. We have reached a point of cease fire .
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2010
ndu_chucks:

@Afam,  Why is it difficult for you to answer a simple question. Stop dodging it. You should know by now that I'm immune to your insults.

Answer the simple question and if you are ashamed to answer, sa so. olodo

than he did?

My apologies if you think I am insulting you, I am not I am merely stating the fact.

You are a shameless liar. You asked the question and I gave a direct answer which you addressed.

Why are you denying it now? Is this how you want to bring up a family? Only God knows what your values are in life.

I don't have to answer the same question over and over again because you are a shameless liar, God forbid!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

You may be easily deceived by his type but not me.

I have answered his question before and he knows it. Ashamed of what? Ojukwu's mistake is not Afam's mistake so why should I be ashamed of what someone else may have done?

The problem with people like you is that you see everything through tribal prisms. Keep your tribal bigotry aside for a moment and you will see clearly.

I have gone beyond abusing a tribe as you effortlessly do here because it is silly to do so.

Still, your response was way off base.

Labeling everything bigotry don't bother me, you're free to keep repeating it though.

I don't insult, I don't abuse. I dare you to pull any post where I call people names, like slowpoke, slowpoke and all the other adjectives you guys use.

Calling people names doesn't help my argument, my facts does,
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by nduchucks: 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2010
Looks like I hit a soft spot. cheesy
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by biggjoe(m): 8:20pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa:

Labeling everything bigotry don't bother me, you're free to keep repeating it though.

May be the questioner was looking for abuse. He has repeatedly asked that question and he has got the answer before.

How is he (Afam) sure that he will not come back tomorrow after 3 pages on this thread to ask it again.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 18, 2010
hatch#:

I agree with this ideology

@ndu_chucks, abeg leave afam alone. We have reached a point of cease fire .
thanks @author. At least we now know the REAL HEROES AND V, , am glad when two of them started begging on behalf we the true Ndigbos
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa:

I don't insult, I don't abuse. I dare you to pull any post where I call people names, like slowpoke, slowpoke and all the other adjectives you guys use.

Calling people names doesn't help my argument, my facts does,  

Good you are beginning to address issues, this is where you will be exposed for who you really are.

It is 100% better to call someone an idiot, slowpoke, stupid thing (based on a response in kind comment) than for anyone to insult a tribe or an ethnic group based on the actions of a few people. - BIG DIFFERENCE.

My happiness is that you cannot rise above such petty tribal insults because that is probably how you were brought up by your parents.

On the other hand I was made to understand that it is very wrong to abuse a tribe based on the actions of a few people.

Live with the facts above, thanks for asking for facts.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa:

Insulting a people is both wrong and silly.

Maybe you and your people should start by practicing what you're preaching here.

What you need to know is the fact that we are sick and tired of your needless anti Yoruba rants, you can't keep starting threads and posts insults just to trash and ridicule other people, it's just a matter of time before they respond accordingly.

You can recycle and regurgitate your Biafra dreams till eternity, we just don't care, start talking crap about Yoruba people and and we'll care and respond. It's your choice.

We don't look for trouble, but start one and we'll help you finish it. SIMPLE.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa:

Maybe you and your people should start by practicing what you're preaching here.

What you need to know is the fact that we are sick and tired of your needless anti Yoruba rants, you can't keep starting threads and posts insults just to trash and ridicule other people, it's just a matter of time before they respond accordingly.

You can recycle and regurgitate your Biafra dreams till eternity, we just don't care, start talking crap about Yoruba people and and we'll care and respond. It's your choice.

We don't look for trouble, but start one and we'll help you finish it. SIMPLE.

Desperation seems to be setting in here.

As a matter of fact I have never insulted the Yorubas or even the Hausas here or any where else because I will be silly to do that based on the fact that all Yorubas or all Hausas cannot be the same.

You see how clueless and silly you are? When I stated that your level of reasoning was low you mistakenly thought I was abusing you abi? See how you are supplying proof.

I can never get to your miserable level where I will be insulting a whole tribe, never, such nonsense is beneath me but certainly at your level. Live with that fact.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

for anyone to insult a tribe or an ethnic group based on the actions of a few people. - BIG DIFFERENCE.

Is this not what you guys do for fun every single day on NL?

Do you guys not hate Awolowo and Yoruba people/

Do you not blame Yoruba people for Biafra and everything under the sun?

Do you see us starting threads just diss Igbo people like you guys do at will?

The fact is, we don't have insecurity issues like you guys, this is something you guys need to work on.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by nex(m): 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Afam

So because you find yourself in a fix whereby you cannot answer relevant questions put forward, you have now shed your madness and resorted to reason. Your tactic will not work.

I want you to quote me where I wished innocent Ibos death, or where I cast aspersions on the Ibos. Please quote me and show the whole world to see or apologise and admit to everyone on this thread that you have been lying.

Only the truth shall set you free and not this moment of gentility after hours of madness. The truth!

And if you cannot tell us the reason why Ojukwu was growing fat while all the other Ibos where suffering starvation under the blockade, then tell me you're ignorant of it, or tell me maybe it was the divine air he was breathing which his father left for him then I'll make it my duty to tell you the truth that Ojukwu was enjoying sumptuous meals while men, women, children and babies were dying of starvation.

Do you even know that more Ibos were killed by Ojukwu's starvation spree than were shot or bombed by the Federal Government? Ojukwu killed more Ibo civilians than the Federal Government killed Biafran soldiers.

That was Ojukwu's real plan. Before the war, he had contracted various pressmen in Europe who would disseminate the images which he planned to create of the Ibos. He knew that Gowon was malleable, but he didn't know that there was a limit to it. Ojukwu would have never attempted that war if Murtala Muhammed had been Head of State because he knows what would have happened.

Then ignoramuses like you will come here decades later and try to eulogise a cowardly self fulfilling power hungry idiot and you don't want us to tell the truth yet now that the truth is coming to you, you think you can feign civility. When did God give you the almighty right to decide when discussions start and end? Please, if you can't stand the heat, just get the hell out the kitchen.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by nacom2(f): 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

It is 100% better to call someone an idiot, slowpoke, silly thing (based on a response in kind comment) than for anyone to insult a tribe or an ethnic group based on the actions of a few people. - BIG DIFFERENCE.

My happiness is that you cannot rise above such petty tribal insults because that is probably how you were brought up by your parents.

On the other hand I was made to understand that it is very wrong to abuse a tribe based on the actions of a few people.

I and i suppose  that your parents also brought you up calling themselves names like  idiot, slowpoke, silly thing (based on their little misunderstandings)  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 8:36pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

Desperation seems to be setting in here.

As a matter of fact I have never insulted the Yorubas or even the Hausas here or any where else because I will be silly to do that based on the fact that all Yorubas or all Hausas cannot be the same.

You see how clueless and silly you are? When I stated that your level of reasoning was low you mistakenly thought I was abusing you abi? See how you are supplying proof.

I can never get to your miserable level where I will be insulting a whole tribe, never, such nonsense is beneath me but certainly at your level. Live with that fact.

Please, these irrelevant nonsense is getting old. You and your people's BS insults and utterances is all over this thread in technicolor
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by asha80(m): 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa at is best grin
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa:

Is this not what you guys do for fun every single day on NL?

Do you guys not hate Awolowo and Yoruba people/

Do you not blame Yoruba people for Biafra and everything under the sun?

Do you see us starting threads just diss Igbo people like you guys do at will?

The fact is, we don't have insecurity issues like you guys, this is something you guys need to work on.

Shameless man. Now that I have proven to you that I have never insulted the Yorubas or any tribe for that matter you have turned to "you guys".

My name is Afam not you guys.

You are self destructing already.

nex:

@Afam

So because you find yourself in a fix whereby you cannot answer relevant questions put forward, you have now shed your madness and resorted to reason. Your tactic will not work.

You have consistently abused the Igbos and called them names and you expect me to answer your silly question? Not on your life.

You must learn to respect a people first.

You stated a while ago that you had always known me to be truthful so you have to live with that fact that the truth I am stating now is indeed reality.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by nex(m): 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
@babapupa

his insults I can even tolerate. What I can't stand are his lies. How can someone just wake up and say I've been exposed to be a tribalist and lie that I was calling for the extermination of a tribe when I've never even conceived of such a thing?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by henry101(m): 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ Akigbemarun, U r probably one of d monkeyz dat escaped fron Idanre hills since its close 2u.
Do u knw dat two Igbo anglican priest assisted Ajayi Crowther 2codify d Igbo language. Dey followed foma slaves who returned 2 freetown from d Uk. Rev John Christopher Taylor and Rev Simon Jonas were d 2 Igbo priest who assisted Ajayi Crowther at Agbor and Onitsha. He wudn't have done it alone.
Go read more history n stop d shameful act of spreading lies. embarassed
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 8:48pm On Feb 18, 2010
nex:

@babapupa

his insults I can even tolerate. What I can't stand are his lies. How can someone just wake up and say I've been exposed to be a tribalist and lie that I was calling for the extermination of a tribe when I've never even conceived of such a thing?

You have justified the massacres of the Igbos and blamed the Igbos for the war. What more do you need to state? I don't know what you conceive but I know (based on your comments) what you mean. And that I have emphasized.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

Shameless man. Now that I have proven to you that I have never insulted the Yorubas or any tribe for that matter you have turned to "you guys".

You did not prove anything, infact, you are lying because you've insulted and called people names in this thread.

Now, who insulted or called you names?  You don't even here us reciprocate by calling you names. No manners and lack of home training is not our thing, that's your people's thing starting from you, R.black, dede1, onlytruth and the rest of them.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by henry101(m): 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ nex
U r a God damned liar.
U love 2 hate. It's shown in ur post.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa:

You did not prove anything, infact, you are lying because you've insulted and called people names in this thread.

Now, who insulted or called you names?  You don't even here us reciprocate by calling you names. No manners and lack of home training is not our thing, that's your people's thing starting from you, R.black, dede1, onlytruth and the rest of them.

Mumu, there is a world of difference between insulting a tribe and responding to a person in kind.

Are you this daft that you do not understand the difference?

If you pass dis stage trust me you go begin catch fly for road. I can imagine how confused you look right now. Kpele!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 9:07pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

You have justified the massacres of the Igbos and blamed the Igbos for the war. What more do you need to state? I don't know what you conceive but I know (based on your comments) what you mean. And that I have emphasized.

Don't you have to prove or at least provide evidence per how I justified the massacres of the Igbos.

I do remember stating that people die in war and blockade is an accepted war strategy and you're free to prove me wrong on that. In the last war between Hamas and Israel, Hamas was under blockade and still under blockade almost 2 years after the end of the war.

So what's your point really?

Stay with the facts and stop getting emotional again.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by onyengbu1(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2010
nex:

And if you cannot tell us the reason why Ojukwu was growing fat while all the other Ibos where suffering starvation under the blockade, then tell me you're ignorant of it, or tell me maybe it was the divine air he was breathing which his father left for him then I'll make it my duty to tell you the truth that Ojukwu was enjoying sumptuous meals while men, women, children and babies were dying of starvation.

Do you even know that more Ibos were killed by Ojukwu's starvation spree than were shot or bombed by the Federal Government? Ojukwu killed more Ibo civilians than the Federal Government killed Biafran soldiers.

Answer these questions:

Must Ojukwu grow thin? Did they tell you that every biafra grew thin during the war? Why are you always foolishly harping on this growing fat thing?
Even if I have to accept that starvation killed more than the soldiers did, is not the ultimate ploy of the federal government to use starvation as a tool?
Are you telling me that you are not aware that your brother awolowo told the whole world that starvation is a valid tool of warfare?
Do you not know that federal government insisted they will be incharge of supplying food for the people they are fighting? Instead of Aid organizations?
What was their motive?

I wont blame biafran leaders for trusting gowon, awolo and others.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

Mumu, there is a world of difference between insulting a tribe and responding to a person in kind.

Are you this daft that you do not understand the difference?

If you pass dis stage trust me you go begin catch fly for road. I can imagine how confused you look right now. Kpele!

It makes no difference to me and you can not make your own rules or decide and quantifies who gets insulted.

Don't insult and call people names. PERIOD.

Everything that comes out of your mouth sounds daft, but you don't here me call you daft.

Abeg stop crying,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Jonathan Denies Buying $15M Property In United kingdom / Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose / We’ve Nothing To Do With Davido Or Sen. Adeleke’s Accounts Says EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.