Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,586 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. (19028 Views)

Explosives Abandoned During Civil War Recovered By Police / Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War / Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
lets settle the scores once and for all
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
http://magazine.biafranigeriaworld.com/cezeilo/2003nov09.html
lets give honour to this great (fraud) l mean great man pls. At least ndigbo have a true rallying point as indicated above by one of our own. Igbo kwAnu!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Justcash(m): 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
Nigeria needs to break up!

Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo should go their own ways so that this hate, underdevelopment and inequality can stop.

I am Igbo.
Ojukwu is my hero.
I want  a different country.
I don't want to be of the same nationality with Yorubas and hausas .
I pray everyday for Nigeria to disintegrate!

So help me God!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam4eva(m): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
Justcash:

Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo should go their own ways so that this hate, underdevelopment and inequality can stop.

I am Igbo.
Ojukwu is my hero.
I want a different country.

So help me God!

Amen.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
I can see some posts in igbo. Thank God for the yoruba man that gave us education in our own native dialect abi na tougue.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Maxidoe(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2010
This is really shameful and disgusting, who is the admin here?Seun are you sure you are still in charge? where the Bleep did all this barbarians come from? are Nigerians still this narrow minded?How old are this imbeciles ranting here? haba you should be upto ten years.Is this the future of Nigeria? the sad thing is that some of you are graduates, talking,ranting,insulting and disgracing yourselves, for crying out loud how can we make Nigeria a better place with this kind of tribal hatred. Some of you even want war, have you witnessed one before?obviously you have not cos if you have you wont be saying all this. Have you witnessed where people are killed senselessly?i dont think so, the Ibos here do you want to tell me you dont have true yoruba friends?The Yorubas here do you want to tell me you dont have true Ibo friends, its sad most of you here disgracing this nation are not traveled,most of you were only opportunity to live the region you are from cos of NYSC, why cant we the youths come together and move Nigeria froward irrespective of our tribe or religion.We are were we are today cos our nationalists such as Ahmadu Bello, Zik, Awo did not fight for one Nigeria but fought for the selfish needs of their regions, do we want to toe the part they did that has failed us?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam4eva(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
Maxidoe:

This is really shameful and disgusting, who is the admin here?Seun are you sure you are still in charge? where the bleep did all this barbarians come from? are Nigerians still this narrow minded?How old are this imbeciles ranting here? haba you should be upto ten years.Is this the future of Nigeria? the sad thing is that some of you are graduates, talking,ranting,insulting and disgracing yourselves, for crying out loud how can we make Nigeria a better place with this kind of tribal hatred. Some of you even want war, have you witnessed one before?obviously you have not cos if you have you wont be saying all this. Have you witnessed where people are killed senselessly?i dont think so, the Ibos here do you want to tell me you dont have true yoruba friends?The Yorubas here do you want to tell me you dont have true Ibo friends, its sad most of you here disgracing this nation are not traveled,most of you were only opportunity to live the region you are from cos of NYSC, why cant we the youths come together and move Nigeria froward irrespective of our tribe or religion.We are were we are today cos our nationalists such as Ahmadu Bello, Zik, Awo did not fight for one Nigeria but fought for the selfish needs of their regions, do we want to toe the part they did that has failed us?

True talk.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
Justcash:

I am Igbo.
Ojukwu is my hero.
I want  a different country.

So help me God!
is this the new biafran anthemn
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Parnassuss(m): 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
Jonathan Swift refutes the claim that man in a 'rational animal', instead he states man 'animal capable of logic'. Hard to argue to the contrary when we have such venomous posts on this issue. NIGGERS, CHILL!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Ad4(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2010
I agree Ojukwu made some bad decisions during the war. It could have been better if he had good advicers but sincerely speaking, the Igbos were betrayed by the Yorubas.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by kidonig: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2010
I believe that this wikipedia article will enlighten you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biafra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by adconline(m): 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2010
The truth be told, it was Ojukwu who granted Awolowo amnesty from the same FG that put him to jail which he later befriended. Awo might have perished in jail without Ojukwu's action.

Ojukwu went to war because of "oil'  Ken Saro Wiwa went to war because of oil. Mend is fighting because of oil, OPC is fighting because of oil, MASSOB is fighting because of oil. The problems of 1966 are still there in Naija, unsolved. Mind you that oil had not been discovered in large commercial quantities.  It was not a major source of income for the govt at that time. Imo River was the largest oil field in Nigeria as at that time. So how could you go to war because when the economic viability of oil discovery in Afam and Olobiri had not been fully established? You can read Soyink'a account on the war in his memoir "You Must Set Forth At Dawn" He was a neutral observer.

Maybe he wanted Brigadier Ogundipe to take over the mantle of leadership so that he (Ojukwu) would 'collude' with him  to take control of Niger Delta oil.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by MsTom(f): 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
@All,

why? Even if you disagree on issues, why must you do so with insults/curses? Each person behind the computer is human and has feelings. We see each other, work together and even live together. There are someone you know and even love. Raining insults on one another is no way forward for us as individuls and as a nation. Come, sit and reason together and decide what you all want for Nigeria.  Communication is the key. Even if Nigeria eventually gets divided, you still need each other -at least for commerce. Remember, the world is a global village.

Ojukwu, Awolowo, Abiola etc are all heros, even if they made bad decides at a point in their lives. We all did, yet we are heros to some. The errors makes us human.

@moderators,

we dont need topics that would cause strife amongst us as individuals or as a nation but Topics that adds value to all. Please take note
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by ezeagu(m): 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2010
adconline:

Maybe he wanted Brigadier Ogundipe to take over the mantle of leadership so that he (Ojukwu) would 'collude' with him  to take control of Niger Delta oil.

Ask yourself when became a priority in Nigeria, then review your post.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by asha80(m): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
ezeagu:

Ask yourself when became a priority in Nigeria, then review your post.

I think that was a tongue in cheek or sarcastic comment
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by bisiaet: 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2010
My beloved posters I had said this once and I will say it again let everybody throw this argument to bin for christ sake our generation don't need all these stuffs every young Nigeria has moved on and we so related to each other as one, lets put all these old uncalled for argument that always resulted to verbal abuse, attack, and insult on each one other, pls grow up guys. Many were not even born then, pls why are we now cracking our heads for already gone long ago issue? The question I kept on asking my fellow Ibo men till today and no answer yet is that 1.What is the reason in the first place for civil war(Biafra)? 2.What was the idea of Biafra for then? 3.Can Ojukwu be honest enough from his heart to tell us what was his mission had it be he succeded? 4.Why should we fight(Biafra) ourselves at all after a long fought that our leadrs then fought for independence by putting their lives and freedom on line? 5.Was their corruption then as it is today that prompted Ojukwu to instigated Biafra? Now my fellow brothers it is we the Ibo that should be blaming ourselves and the so called Ojukwu because he need to tell us why in the first place he choosed war rather than peace to wasted million of Ibo's lives but instead for us to ask him all we are busy doing is going around with grudges, vegeance, nasty history, hatred, accussing other tribes, it is Yoruba oh it is Hausa for how long will this go? The biggest question of all is Azikwe, Awolowo, Enahoro, Tafawa Balewa and so on fought for Nigeria independent pls and pls where is Ojukwu's father then? I know many will say nasty things as per this message I droped in but I as partially an indigene from that region I dislike the idea of war or Biafra or hatred, vegeance, this is 21st century for God sake? Let say the truth to ourselves and stop blaming anybody. This is just Nonsense, it rage me so much.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by asha80(m): 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
bisiaet:

My beloved posters I had said this once and I will say it again let everybody throw this argument to bin for christ sake our generation don't need all these stuffs every young Nigeria has moved on and we so related to each other as one, lets put all these old uncalled for argument that always resulted to verbal abuse, attack, and insult on each one other, pls grow up guys. Many were not even born then, pls why are we now cracking our heads for already gone long ago issue? The question I kept on asking my fellow Ibo men till today and no answer yet is that 1.What is the reason in the first place for civil war(Biafra)? 2.What was the idea of Biafra for then? 3.Can Ojukwu be honest enough from his heart to tell us what was his mission had it be he succeded? 4.Why should we fight(Biafra) ourselves at all after a long fought that our leadrs then fought for independence by putting their lives and freedom on line? 5.Was their corruption then as it is today that prompted Ojukwu to instigated Biafra? Now my fellow brothers it is we the Ibo that should be blaming ourselves and the so called Ojukwu because he need to tell us why in the first place he choosed war rather than peace to wasted million of Ibo's lives but instead for us to ask him all we are busy doing is going around with grudges, vegeance, nasty history, hatred, accussing other tribes, it is Yoruba oh it is Hausa for how long will this go? The biggest question of all is Azikwe, Awolowo, Enahoro, Tafawa Balewa and so on fought for Nigeria independent pls and pls where is Ojukwu's father then? I know many will say nasty things as per this message I droped in but I as partially an indigene from that region I dislike the idea of war or Biafra or hatred, vegeance, this is 21st century for God sake? Let say the truth to ourselves and stop blaming anybody. This is just Nonsense, it rage me so much.

have you heard of 'The Aburi Accord' before?Go and read about it and find out why the then Nigerian government discard it'.Ojukwu chose war?Why was the Aburi Accord thrown into the trash can when all parties already agreed to it?

If you are partially an indegene from that region then go and read history about your country.

Just before you to know Ojukwu's father was a financial backer of the then NCNC.

I actually blame the Nigerian government for not including the history of biafran war into our school curriculum otherwise you will not be asking some questions here.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
amazing!!!

u mean there are still people with this biafra thingy on their minds, crying revenge? revenge against who?

firstly, this has to be the ABSOLUTE DUMBEST THING i ever heard a nigerian say!! are you for real?

ibo people, biafra? LWKMD hehehehehehehehehe
clearly the mumus here dont live in lagos!,

look, this time around y know, quite a lot of us are despondent about this nigeria thing anyway, so let me assure you, this time around you will not be stopped, in fact you will be encouraged, i would also like to see a ooodua republic (maybe a fresh start will help us all) BUT I SURE AS HELL KNOW MY PEOPLE AINT DAFT ENOUGH TO WANT A WAR (REVENGE AS U SAY)

call all the okoros in lag, tell them to move across the niger abeg, we are tired of ur constant flooding of lagos with people who only come to join the jobless multitude!

the irony is u meet these ibo people in lagos strutting and telling all that care to listen that they are "LAGOSIANS" what ever happened to the pride in aba, and enugu and abakaliki etc? oh sorry, they glorified deserted villages now! (andrew don go lagos go make money)

same evrywhere u look, kaduna, abuja kano etc! why wont the almajiris kill you all! stay in your villages, develop them too, see them hustling to buy land in lekki and oko oba! inflating rents by paying exhorbitantly for 4 years then refusing to pay for the next four!

tseew! na this one yoruba they call, O tan ina wa oro!  u dey light candle just to go the next neighbor house to receive insults!

BIAFRA KO, ENUFRA NI!     BIG JOBLESS DUNCES WHO CANT LET GO OF THE PAST IN WHICH THEY WERE JUST AS DAFT!

in this day and age when life is difficult some mumu dey talk biafra! even when nigeria better, na suffer una suffer, shey na now una wan try am? e ma je shege iya
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by joeyfire(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2010
So far as some shallow brained, chronically prejudiced pipsqueaks here continue pissin on the memories of millions of Igbos who died in and before the war, we'll continue to have all these online tribal battles. I personally cant stand it when i read crap that disrespects the horrors my people suffered during the war. Who caused what and why aside why cant some of you have a little respect. if people would stick to the topic of the posts and resist natural tribalistic instincts we would be able to share more knowledge
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by asha80(m): 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
4llerbuntu:

amazing!!!

u mean there are still people with this biafra thingy on their minds, crying revenge? revenge against who?

firstly, this has to be the ABSOLUTE DUMBEST THING i ever heard a nigerian say!! are you for real?

ibo people, biafra? LWKMD hehehehehehehehehe
clearly the mumus here dont live in lagos!,

look, this time around y know, quite a lot of us are despondent about this nigeria thing anyway, so let me assure you, this time around you will not be stopped, in fact you will be encouraged, i would also like to see a ooodua republic (maybe a fresh start will help us all) BUT I SURE AS HELL KNOW MY PEOPLE AINT DAFT ENOUGH TO WANT A WAR (REVENGE AS U SAY)

call all the okoros in lag, tell them to move across the niger abeg, we are tired of your constant flooding of lagos with people who only come to join the jobless multitude!

the irony is u meet these ibo people in lagos strutting and telling all that care to listen that they are "LAGOSIANS" what ever happened to the pride in aba, and enugu and abakaliki etc? oh sorry, they glorified deserted villages now! (andrew don go lagos go make money)

almajiris kill you allsame evrywhere u look, kaduna, abuja kano etc! why wont the kill u ! stay in your villages, develop them too, see them hustling to buy land in lekki and oko oba! inflating rents by paying exhorbitantly for 4 years then refusing to pay for the next four!

tseew! na this one yoruba they call, O tan ina wa oro!  u dey light candle just to go the next neighbor house to receive insults!

BIAFRA KO, ENUFRA NI!     BIG JOBLESS DUNCES WHO CANT LET GO OF THE PAST IN WHICH THEY WERE JUST AS DAFT!

in this day and age when life is difficult some mumu dey talk biafra! even when nigeria better, na suffer una suffer, shey na now una wan try am? e ma je shege iya

Funny enough the aboki up north are now turning to your people for their yearly sacrifice as shown by recent events in jos including the youth service guys and the teacher that refused her students to cheat because they are finding your people are softer targets since they know say the last thing wey una go do na retaliate.

Na why dem fit fight una for una backyard and una go run (idi araba)
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by 77ken: 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
You need to go to sleep. Biafra will never sleep as long as the people who survived that war are still among us. My father survived that war and the stories he would tell me allows the hatred in me to burn bright.

All I want is REVENGE. Not an apology but sweet sweet REVENGE!

Please the the Past is the past what your father went through was to ensure you had a better future, you should be thinking same for your own kids there are better things to think of and fight for as nigerians we should b thinking of making this nation work.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Sprumbaba: 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
The fact is, we are sick and tired of some Igbo people's needless crying, whinnying and trashing other people. You had a free ride talking s!h!iT and blaming every soul under the sun especially  for your woes before and after the war.

Honorable men bares the consequences of their actions and decisions made within their borders, only losers, cry babies, punks and weak minded people blames other people for their own mistakes, greed and shortsightedness.

It's your God given right to cry and yell about your Biafra till you turn blue and I care less, the problem starts when you start trashing and denigrating other people especially Yoruba people.

Any diss or disparaging utterances and your daily Yoruba hate fest threads against Yoruba people is not sliding by unchallenged.

We can end this right now, it's your choice.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by reporter1: 3:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
asha 80:

Funny enough the aboki up north are now turning to your people for their yearly sacrifice as shown by recent events in jos including the youth service guys and the teacher that refused her students to cheat because they are finding your people are softer targets since they know say the last thing wey una go do na retaliate.

Na why dem fit fight una for una backyard and una go run (idi araba)

This is where Yorubas are different, we are not some savages that go on rampage to right a wrong.
We'll exhaust all peaceful resolutions before resulting to violence.  Only Barbarians respond in kind.

If you must know, your folks are being killed by the minute in the North even more than Yorubas. So what is your point?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 3:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
Sprumbaba:

@ EzeUche

You are a claiming you are in the US military. You must be a teenager or you think  like a kid.

The guy is too weak and emotionally unstable to be part of any army, especially the US army.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by hakanai(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
The TOPIC is sad.i see more reason he lost cry.Wrong reason at the wrong time! undecided
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Meldrick(m): 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
I read one of the post and was surprised at the statement made by one fool that all he wants is sweet sweet revenge. I didn't know some people still stand on top of their brains. The real Igbo men fall into these categories (1) Those who experienced the war. (2) Those who have huge investments in Nigeria. (3) Those "educated" ones. Educated in quote.
These set of people will not be talking about revenge neither will they pray for another war.

It is all those hungry, poor people claiming to be Igbos that talk about revenge. All those ones who passed through the University system and the system never passed through them. They claim to be educated. They talk about revenge, disintegration and they pray for another war but trust them when the war starts the cowards will run into hinding places.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by bisiaet: 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
Hello (Poater Asha 80) You are mentioning "Aburi Accord" as the reason why Biafra came to be, so what you are telling me now as a peace loving person that because "Aburi Accord" was thrashed then was enough for Civil War? Or the reason why someone got enraged and resolved to go for harms that lead to destructions of innocent Ibo lives and property? This sound a bit ridiculous to me and that was why I said I have not really understand the mission of Ojukwu to go for Biafa or war as an option. Well as I said I had asked a few questions in my earlier postage which every body can see clearly and I am proud to say despite I am partly from that region I will not and never "conceed to Biafra idea or any kind of war". I am so delighted, happy  watching our home movies, see our new day musicians, our new days comedians from Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa relating to each other, dancing together, having fun together and so on pls this is the generation I as a eastern guy belong toNOT generation of grudges, anger, hatred, vengeance, nasty history, tribalism, Biafra, war and so on. I rest my case if anybody get angry by this well goodluck.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by asha80(m): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2010
reporter?:

This is where Yorubas are different, we are not some savages that go on rampage to right a wrong.
We'll exhaust all peaceful resolutions before resulting to violence.  Only Barbarians respond in kind.

If you must know, your folks are being killed by the minute in the North even more than Yorubas. So what is your point?

E be like say u no wetin dey happen for naija thyese days na why u dey make this statement.

babapupa:

The fact is, we are sick and tired of some Igbo people's needless crying, whinnying and trashing other people. You had a free ride talking s!h!iT and blaming every soul under the sun especially  for your woes before and after the war.

Honorable men bares the consequences of their actions and decisions made within their borders, only losers, cry babies, punks and weak minded people blames other people for their own mistakes, greed and shortsightedness.

It's your God given right to cry and yell about your Biafra till you turn blue and I care less, the problem starts when you start trashing and denigrating other people especially Yoruba people.

Any diss or disparaging utterances and your daily Yoruba hate fest threads against Yoruba people is not sliding by unchallenged.

We can end this right now, it's your choice.

Yoruba for this site for end am a long time ago in this site when they were told to discontinue there snide comments against igbos in early nairaland days(even seun got into the act) but i guess they refused hence giving rise to people like mekusxx  grin
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by shutlling: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
It was described as ‘one of the most brutal genocides in modern history’ and Africa's largest genocide in modern times.
It was caused by a regrettable action of a (one single man) Hutu man.
He never knew what would be the end of what he was abt to start. This was the story of the war in Rwanda. Ever read abt the story?

I av lost count of the numbers of Biafra threads i av cum across on this site. I have decided to leave a line for the sake of posterity. Let me ask just these two questions;
While are we still living in the past?
While do we continue arousing the dying pains of yesteryrs?.

While do we continue singing the song of war for the two most friendly tribe in Nigeria? While a lot of us here(Igbo and Yoruba) are busy tyring to make our ends meet in a very hard way, you pple seat in the comfort zones of your rooms evoking the spirit of war.
Painful enough is that majority of you pple(if nt all) are living outside the country and yet you continue to arouse anger in pple that happen to be living in peace among each other.

What you fail to realise is that all of these leaders, though may seem to us patriotic, always have their hidden agenda for every actions they may put up. Can you tell me the number of Ojukwu children/relative that died in the Biafra war? And who told you that Awo (should he still be alive) will oppose an attempt by his son/daughter to marry into ojukwu’s family (vice versa) and yet we continue snging their praise and causing dis-unity among a common man that depends solely on the existence of his neighbour to survive.

My fear is that, with the existence of u pple that kip fighting for your (dear) tribe and evoking the spirit of anger and revenge, it is dangerous and grave to marry from a diff tribe other than yours.
With your existence it is dangerous to build ones fortune in another man’s land and even more delicate to continue leaving with loving Igbo/Yoruba neighbour.

To those that continue advertising an era of war by continuously putting these things on the front page; whatever your motive is, I do not know, but remember there is nemesis and this has always been a reward for the secret evil doer.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by LAFOCUZY: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
I AM OVERLY SURPRISED AT SOME COMMENTS i read here. The point being that most people who have the privilege of making these comments do not know the real cause of the war.

For purpose of clarity; the option of war by the biafrans was at the time appeared to be the only viable solution to the reckless murder of the Ibo people in the north. The federal government could not stop it and really at the time lacked the political will and decisiveness to stop it. These guys were murdered indiscriminately; youngmen, old men, mothers,  children, pregnant women etc.

Now, given this situation what do you expect these people to do, ; seat down and wait to be killed. Series of reconciliatory meetings did not have any tangible concensus. Gowon though a gentle man lacked this ability to control the brutal murder.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by asha80(m): 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2010
bisiaet:

Hello (Poater Asha 80) You are mentioning "Aburi Accord" as the reason why Biafra came to be, so what you are telling me now as a peace loving person that because "Aburi Accord" was thrashed then was enough for Civil War? Or the reason why someone got enraged and resolved to go for harms that lead to destructions of innocent Ibo lives and property? This sound a bit ridiculous to me and that was why I said I have not really understand the mission of Ojukwu to go for Biafa or war as an option. Well as I said I had asked a few questions in my earlier postage which every body can see clearly and I am proud to say despite I am partly from that region I will not and never "conceed to Biafra idea or any kind of war". I am so delighted, happy  watching our home movies, see our new day musicians, our new days comedians from Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa relating to each other, dancing together, having fun together and so on pls this is the generation I as a eastern guy belong toNOT generation of grudges, anger, hatred, vengeance, nasty history, tribalism, Biafra, war and so on. I rest my case if anybody get angry by this well goodluck.

Haha Aburi Accord was part of the reasons and the failure to keep to his words of then government of Gowon to protect the lifes of igbos returning back to the north after the first massacre which was followed by another round of massacre and moreover the contents of the Aburi Acoord contains the same ingredients for the later day people of nigeria that are making noise about 'true federalism and resourece control'.

Yes enjoy the mediocrity of your present nigeria  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Tinubu To Buhari: They Said I Should Not Follow Or Support You / Court Summons Police Over Melaye's Detention. Senator Dino Melaye Shares Videos / Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.