Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. (19027 Views)

Explosives Abandoned During Civil War Recovered By Police / Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War / Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by nduchucks: 9:18pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

My apologies if you think I am insulting you, I am not I am merely stating the fact.

You are a shameless liar. You asked the question and I gave a direct answer which you addressed.

I do not recall you giving me any direct response to the question I posed. Everyone that responded, as far as I can recall dodged the question and addressed other issues instead. If you believe I am mistaking, please post the link to the said response you gave me to the question. The direct response you mentioned is non existent as far as I can tell.

No need to call me a liar, I suspect you are mistaking. If you cannot find the response or discover that you made a mistake, no yawa. I will not insult you or your parents under any condition - that is not necessary at all.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa:

Don't you have to prove or at least provide evidence per how I justified the massacres of the Igbos.

I do remember stating that people die in war and blockade is an accepted war strategy and you're free to prove me wrong on that. In the last war between Hamas and Israel, Hamas was under blockade and still under blockade almost 2 years after the end of the war.

So what's your point really?

Stay with the facts and stop getting emotional again.

Pay attention young man. The post you are responding to was based on nex's comment which was reproduced and responded to.

Don't you know the difference between your posts and that of other people?

Don't add confusion to the problem you have now otherwise you will simply run mad.

Your level of olodoness is really high.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by ezeagu(m): 9:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
You people are arguing about what still?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 9:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
ndu_chucks:

I do not recall you giving me any direct response to the question I posed. Everyone that responded, as far as I can recall dodged the question and addressed other issues instead. If you believe I am mistaking, please post the link to the said response you gave me to the question.  The direct response you mentioned is non existent  as far as I can tell.

No need to call me a liar, I suspect you are mistaking. If you cannot find the response or discover that you made a mistake, no yawa. I will not insult you or your parents under any condition - that is not necessary at all.

I should post the direct response because you denied it? In your dreams.

I would gladly do so if you will agree to be shot once the response is referenced or reproduced. You should at least be bold enough to accept responsibility of your actions whether right or wrong, that is what defines a man.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2010
nex:

@babapupa

his insults I can even tolerate. What I can't stand are his lies. How can someone just wake up and say I've been exposed to be a tribalist and lie that I was calling for the extermination of a tribe when I've never even conceived of such a thing?

Unfortunately, dude is a liar too. They play the same crooked games all the time.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 9:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

Pay attention young man. The post you are responding to was based on nex's comment which was reproduced and responded to.

Don't you know the difference between your posts and that of other people?

Don't add confusion to the problem you have now otherwise you will simply run mad.

Your level of olodoness is really high.

What difference does it make, you're still a lair,
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by asha80(m): 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa angry grin
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
First this,

babapupa:

Unfortunately, dude is a liar too. They play the same crooked games all the time.

Then this,

babapupa:

What difference does it make, you're still a lair,

Is this the new game in town? When exposed as a shameless man start calling another liar? This tactic will fail just as every single tactic you have ever used on this forum.

I think you are actually cursed with low level of reasoning and you are not disappointing in showing this to the world.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by nduchucks: 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

I should post the direct response because you denied it? In your dreams.

I would gladly do so if you will agree to be shot once the response is referenced or reproduced. You should at least be bold enough to accept responsibility of your actions whether right or wrong, that is what defines a man.

You are a bloody liar. Show me the post where you agreed that if Ojukwu surrendered as soon as he knew that Biafra had been blockaded, millions of women and children would not have died.  You never made such an admission in any post.  

Tthe post you are talking about, in response to a question I asked you, is non existent.  That is why you cannot post the link.

I will no longer respond to you on this issue until you provide a link to the said post.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 9:33pm On Feb 18, 2010
ndu_chucks:

You are a bloody liar. Show me the post where you agreed that if Ojukwu surrendered as soon as he knew that Biafra had been blockaded, millions of women and children would not have died.  You never made such an admission in any post.  

Tthe post you are talking about, in response to a question I asked you, is non existent.  That is why you cannot post the link.

I will no longer respond to you on this issue until you provide a link to the said post.

If we had a situation whereby the admin will ban your username for life so that you stop posting anything on this forum I would reproduce the response and the subsequent one.

I will not be made to pay for your forgetfulness or short memory by getting you the link.

Let me see if I can give you a hint, check the thread where you boldly maintained that Nzeogwu was an Easterner and when challenged you claimed back then the Mid West was deemed to be Eastern region. You see that your blunders have been many and now you can't remember anything.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by nduchucks: 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
A - 1
N - 0

Fat lady never sing yet. cheesy
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by kyuubi: 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

If we had a situation whereby the admin will ban your username for life so that you stop posting anything on this forum I would reproduce the response and the subsequent one.

I will not be made to pay for your forgetfulness or short memory by getting you the link.

Let me see if I can give you a hint, check the thread where you boldly maintained that Nzeogwu was an Easterner and when challenged you claimed back then the Mid West was deemed to be Eastern region. You see that your blunders have been many and now you can't remember anything.
Where was Nzeogwu (more accurately his parents) from?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 10:02pm On Feb 18, 2010
Afam:

All talk, no action.

Post the dang thing and stop the drama. Liar,
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by asha80(m): 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2010
kyuubi:

Where was Nzeogwu (more accurately his parents) from?

Okpanam in present delta state.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by kyuubi: 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
asha 80:

Okpanam in present delta state.
Thanks.
But he was Igbo?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by abadaba(m): 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2010
ALL of you who are anti-Ojukwu will surely die before him. F.O.O.LS.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by asha80(m): 10:33pm On Feb 18, 2010
kyuubi:

Thanks.
But he was Igbo?

Does Chukwuma Nzeogwu sound bini?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by kyuubi: 10:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
asha 80:

Does Chukwuma Nzeogwu sound bini?
A simple yes or non-response would have sufficed. undecided
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
I think there is an urgent need to include the Nigerian/Biafran war in our education system because it is sad to note that even the simplest of facts are unknown yet everyone seems to be in a hurry to trade blames and become experts on the civil war.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Onlytruth(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2010
After going through comments from many people about this war, it has become abundantly clear to me that the biggest enemy of Biafrans and Ndigbo was actually Yoruba. Awolowo wasn't really alone in his plans to annihilate Easterners. It was really his tribesmen all along. If that is not true, how come we have characters like babapupa, and the other idiot (what's his name again), akamugberu or akamubrain and many more like them mocking a planned extermination of Easterners with full glee and fan fare? And no one from their tribe is repulsed by the hate they attract to themselves?!

In all of these I really start to see that the Hausa or northerners were not really THE ENEMY. They may be extremists, but their hate is not deep like that of Yoruba. That leads me to the main question: If eastern leaders of the 60s knew whom the enemy was, would Biafra have failed the way it did? If the war was between the East and West, is there a question at all about who would prevail? If such situation comes up again (and I know it can still come up in Nigeria anytime), is it not better if we Ndigbo fight only our real enemy -the Yoruba?
These questions are for today's Igbo leaders. There is a real danger in continuing the way we do. Agwo no na akirika! Sorry to my fellow Igbo who are cosmopolitan, but cosmopolitanism is actually idiocy in Nigeria. Open your eyes!

As we integrate ourselves into the politics of Nigeria, we Ndigbo must never forget what happened in Biafra and who actually won. The Hausa think they won, but in fact the Yoruba won. The Hausa thought they were fighting for themselves but they were in fact fighting for the Yoruba who are today boasting! When men conclude wars, woman boast!

Like I said in one my posts, let us forget the idea of secession, because only then are we assured of gaining the upper  hand one day. It is inevitable. It will happen. In fact we must be ready to fight anyone trying to secede. Our innocent women and children starved to death must not have died in vain.  cool
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by doyin13(m): 11:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

After going through comments from many people about this war, it has become abundantly clear to me that the biggest enemy of Biafrans and Ndigbo was actually Yoruba. Awolowo wasn't really alone in his plans to annihilate Easterners. It was really his tribesmen all along. If that is not true, how come we have characters like babapupa, and the other idiot (what's his name again), akamugberu or akamubrain and many more like them mocking a planned extermination of Easterners with full glee and fan fare? And no one from their tribe is repulsed by the hate they attract to themselves?!

In all of these I really start to see that the Hausa or northerners were not really THE ENEMY. They may be extremists, but their hate is not deep like that of Yoruba. That leads me to the main question: If eastern leaders of the 60s knew whom the enemy was, would Biafra have failed the way it did? If the war was between the East and West, is there a question at all about who would prevail? If such situation comes up again (and I know it can still come up in Nigeria anytime), is it not better if we Ndigbo fight only our real enemy -the Yoruba?
These questions are for today's Igbo leaders. There is a real danger in continuing the way we do. Agwo no na akirika! Sorry to my fellow Igbo who are cosmopolitan, but cosmopolitanism is actually idiocy in Nigeria. Open your eyes!

As we integrate ourselves into the politics of Nigeria, we Ndigbo must never forget what happened in Biafra and who actually won. The Hausa think they won, but in fact the Yoruba won. The Hausa thought they were fighting for themselves but they were in fact fighting for the Yoruba who are today boasting! When men conclude wars, woman boast!

Like I said in one my posts, let us forget the idea of secession, because only then are we assured of gaining the upper  hand one day. It is inevitable. It will happen. In fact we must be ready to fight anyone trying to secede. Our innocent women and children starved to death must not have died in vain.  cool

Jesus Christ. . . You give Idiots a bad name grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by H2O2: 11:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

Like I said in one my posts, let us forget the idea of secession, because only then are we assured of gaining the upper hand one day. It is inevitable. It will happen. In fact we must be ready to fight anyone trying to secede. Our innocent women and children starved to death must not have died in vain. cool
Completely Sstupid talk.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Onlytruth(m): 11:30pm On Feb 18, 2010
H2O2:

Completely Sstupid talk.

Because it fails to meet your standards for sanity. Your standards led to the death of innocents in Biafra. I would rather be sstupid.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by SEFAGO(m): 11:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
^ Hehe Onlytruth don craze finish. He has gone the way of becomrich, dede1, mekusxx and jona all the craze people from NL. I say na craze world, na craze world we dey grin
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by MrCrackles(m): 11:35pm On Feb 18, 2010
SEFAGO:

^ Hehe Onlytruth don craze finish. He has gone the way of becomrich, dede1, mekusxx and jona all the craze people from NL. I say na craze world, na craze world we dey grin
grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by olafolarin(m): 11:41pm On Feb 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

In all of these I really start to see that the Hausa or northerners were not really THE ENEMY. They may be extremists, but their hate is not deep like that of Yoruba. That leads me to the main question: If eastern leaders of the 60s knew whom the enemy was, would Biafra have failed the way it did? If the war was between the East and West, is there a question at all about who would prevail? If such situation comes up again (and I know it can still come up in Nigeria anytime), is it not better if we Ndigbo fight only our real enemy -the Yoruba? These questions are for today's Igbo leaders. There is a real danger in continuing the way we do. Agwo no na akirika! Sorry to my fellow Igbo who are cosmopolitan, but cosmopolitanism is actually idiocy in Nigeria. Open your eyes!

What role did the Yoruba's played in the civil war?Obasanjo as the last commander of the Nigerian forces,lead the largest and final attack on the Biafran Army.Thousands of lives were lost .The same OBJ contested for 1999 elections and won with huge votes in all eastern states while he lost in his ward,village,contituency and state.

I think the biafrans cant read within the line.Yorubas love and accommodate everybody.Biafras problem is BIAFRA itself.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Onlytruth(m): 11:43pm On Feb 18, 2010
SEFAGO:

Believe me the biggest madman in Igboland is anyone who fails to identify the real enemy inside Nigeria. My people are the most cosmopolitan Nigerians (they travel and live anywhere!), so they need this lesson. Part of why we failed in the 60s is because we fought the wrong people. Huge mistake! We must not repeat it again. Mine is to try my best to open Igbo man's eyes. We are too trusting and we've been paying for it.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Onlytruth(m): 11:49pm On Feb 18, 2010
olafolarin:

What role did the Yoruba's played in the civil war?Obasanjo as the last commander of the Nigerian forces,lead the largest and final attack on the Biafran Army.Thousands of lives were lost .[b]The same OBJ contested for 1999 elections and won with huge votes in all eastern states [/b]while he lost in his ward,village,contituency and state.

I think the biafrans cant read within the line.Yorubas love and accommodate everybody.Biafras problem is BIAFRA itself.

Wrong! He did not win in the east, Falae won there, PDP rigged eletions in the east. It is an open secret that Obasanjo was an unrepentant Igbo hater. We should have connived with Abacha to kill the idiot. That is exactly part of my grouse with some Igbo folks. Only few of them saw the true picture during Abachas days. More of us are seeing the true picture today though.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
Igbo people should really ban this dude from saying anything on their behalf.

Do you even read/believe the nonsense you typed?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Onlytruth(m): 11:59pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa:

Igbo people should really ban this dude from saying anything on their behalf.

Do you even read/believe the nonsense you typed?

You have done irreparable damage to your people by your gloating and mocking of innocents who were starved to death by your father Awolowo. Keep up the good work!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by H2O2: 12:05am On Feb 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

Because it fails to meet your standards for sanity. Your standards led to the death of innocents in Biafra. I would rather be sstupid.
One would expect a sane minded person to humbly secede and withdraw the mendacious entries and yield to caution. I do however understand that you don't meet that qualification. You prefer to live in denial I guess.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by olafolarin(m): 12:06am On Feb 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

Wrong! He did not win in the east, Falae won there, PDP rigged eletions in the east. It is an open secret that Obasanjo was an unrepentant Igbo hater. We should have connived with Abacha to kill the idiot. That is exactly part of my grouse with some Igbo folks. Only few of them saw the true picture during Abachas days. More of us are seeing the true picture today though.

In 1999 PDP lost in all SW states.OBJ got majority vote in East and North.Because of that ineptitude,Nigeria is today 10 years backwards.

Onlytruth:

You have done irreparable damage to your people by your gloating and mocking of innocents who were starved to death by your father Awolowo. Keep up the good work!

You must be living in a fool's paradise.Awolowo(like  many politicians of his era )did nothing to worsen Biafra's case.
Can you please tell me anything Awolowo did against you fools.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo / Rate The Performance Of Saraki, The Senate President So Far / Is President Buhari Right About The Nigerian Media?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.