Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. (19023 Views)

Explosives Abandoned During Civil War Recovered By Police / Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War / Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by LAFOCUZY: 4:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
I have again heard and read from comments posted on these threads that the coup of 1966 was an ibo coup, primarily because the guys who were incidentally killed were northerners, how ridiculous. Although this from surface position seemed the case but it is hardly the truth on further examination. The people appointed at the helm of military position were largely from the west of the Country.

Agreeably Zik was part of the government and was not killed Awo was also at the time similarly influential by every standards he was not also killed. What is strange in all these is that this coup was suddenly tagged an Ibo coup. The Izuogu who was a prominent person in that coup didn't hold any position of strong influence post the coup.

Unless we took a holistic look at this, we may never come to an agreement in this country as the resolution of issues associated to this war is the defining moment for this country going forward
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by nex(m): 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Afam

I've been off Nairaland for a while and I really don't know what all y'all have been up to, but seriously, one thing I knew you for was truth. How can you just come out in grand propaganda style and accuse me of celebrating the killing of innocent citizens? What have they done to me?

Please if this has become your discussion style, then you mind your business and let me mind mine.

If anybody is still in doubt that Ojukwu is a sly crook, how can a man who never believed in the existence of a nation keep trying his luck at the seat of power? All Ojukwu wants is supreme power in an oil producing state and the only means through which he felt he could get it initially was by secession, wasting the lives of more than a million Nigerians. There's no man in this country that has been so wicked and so unrepentant because since he found out that violence could not work, he has resorted to elections.

Even Hitler did better by taking his own life when he had wasted those of millions of people. He didn't run away, he didn't claim that he was going to find a solution outside. He joined those whose lives he spent.

My simple question to you Afam and the rest of you all Ojukwu loyalists is simple: How come Ojukwu remained so fat when we were seeing pictures of Somali-ish babies and bony soldiers? How? Could it be that he was eating good and well? Licking milk and choice honey when your fathers where eating cyanide cassava in the field.

Ojukwu should be hanged publicly for war crimes he committed against the Ibos and this should be done before he luckily dies a natural death.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by reporter1: 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2010
asha 80:

E be like say u no wetin dey happen for naija thyese days na why u dey make this statement.

Yoruba for this site for end am a long time ago in this site when they were told to discontinue there snide comments against igbos in early nairaland days(even seun got into the act) but i guess they refused hence giving rise to people like mekusxx  grin

That is not true, you Ibos have been the aggressors from day one.
Biafrans are the bitter ones who have beef with everyone in Nigeria.
Mekuxxx aka metal-gong is the principal instigator of all the nonsense.
Even before Mekuxx, there had been many others like him; Sunny-bobo aka wily+wily,
Dede1 to some extent, Ikeyman and many others.  

It amazes me while Ibos are always moaning and whining and complaining at every turn
that they are being trashed by everyone.
What do you think is going to happen if you continue to open threads to bash other people?
People are going to fold their hands and let have you have a field day?
Everyone is supposedly the enemy of  the Ibos, maybe it's time you guys look at the man in the mirror.
You'll hardly see Yoruba people on NL open threads to bash Ibo, it is always the Ibo man that opens bigot threads to bash others, and he'll then turn around and claim victimisation.

Biafrans can have Biafra if they want, I have no qualms with that; however, Biafra rants should stop at the gate of Biafra.com.  This is nairaland, and it clearly states that it is for Nigerians!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by bisiaet: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
"Poster (Shuttling"wink I am so please with you may God bless you. I can not understand what all these noise my people are making is all about , I cannot understand why we can not (Ibo) throw this issue to Bin, move on and  have peace with our fellow Nigerians, I cant understand why we are sowing a seeds of another future Hutu and Tutsi? Is a big shameful thing. The so called Ojukwu is old and near his final day, Awolowo has gone, Zik as gone Balewa as gone and so on, so in a living heaven what is my problem that I as an Ibo be waking up in the morning with grudges, tribalism, hatred, vengeance, war, Biafra mind? This is horrible to the core and uncalled for.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by asha80(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2010
reporter?:

Even before Mekuxx, there had been many others like him; Sunny-bobo aka wily+wily,

It amazes me while Ibos are always moaning and whining and complaining at every turn
What do you think is going to happen if you continue to open threads to bash other people?
Everyone is supposedly the enemy of  the Ibos, maybe it's time you guys look at the man in the mirror.
You'll hardly see Yoruba people on NL open threads to bash Ibo, it is always the Ibo man that opens bigot threads to bash others, and he'll then turn around and claim victimisation.

Biafrans can have Biafra if they want, I have no qualms with that; however, Biafra rants should stop at the gate of Biafra.com.  This is nairaland, and it clearly states that it is for Nigerians!

My friend go to nairaland 2005 to 2007 and come back and tell me who started the nonsense.The igbo tribalists that time where only one daft ABA4LIFE and Quotasystem and Quotasysrem was more on the defensive side most of the time.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 18, 2010
If this the best way we the Ndigbo can be addressed so be it. Am happy the yorubas have been presenting Irrefutable facts to back thier arguments. Am happy. These baby crying,wound lick attitude has and never help us.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by LAFOCUZY: 4:29pm On Feb 18, 2010
It is difficult to establish a premise however slightly intelligible to an average mind the possibility that Ojukwu may have committed war crimes. How, if I may ask. I reckon that Ojukwu in the light of the happening at such time of great darkness, confusion and despair dared to act within the limits of his knowledge and best counsel, what he considers the best way to stand up for his people.

We may judge his actions today and make criticism at will but lets not forget that the greatest of men are those who acted anyway in the midst great adversity when men's heart fail. It always feels good to be the one given the nonour to review the thesis of a scholar
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2010
reporter?:

Very well stated.

They think war = them shooting and killing other people while the same other people sits back on their hands and do nothing, they want to talk crap and trash other people, at the same time expect the same other people to always look the other way like mumu.

You want to fight wars and be spared and blame others for the war and consequential aftermath, you want to talk trash, but don't want to be addressed likewise. I don't get it with these people,

Must be some kind of lousy and warped sense of entitlement. They obviously don't know anything about consequences.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
My heart goes out to mother nigeria, for thou is a great country but it's inhabitants have lost their souls. Firstly, When we take a close look @ what's happening in Jos, i don't think anyone should justify cruelty for patriotism, we are a young nation but with bitter, bitter memories. Nigerians were enslaved by the british because of their simplicity, we talk the talk but never walk the walk. The second slavery came when the so called military dictators assumed throne, this happened because it was inevitable, what now baffles me is the third and apparent slavery which is happening in our present lives. We have become slaves to tribalism. Yes tribalism! Not having love for your brother from different ethnicity or culture, pointing the fingers at others instead of accepting blames for woes brought onto yourself by acts of greed.  This third slavery is the deadliest, since it uses the tactics of divide and conquer, nigerians only united to watch soccer, everything else, we don't ever agree upon. It's high time we free ourselves from the horrors of tribalism and it starts with me and you,
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by baslone: 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
They think war = them shooting and killing other people while the same other people sits back on their hands and do nothing, they want to talk crap and trash other people, at the same time expect the same other people to always look the other way like mumu.

You want to fight wars and be spared and blame others for the war and consequential aftermath,
[quote][/quote]

Which means WAR is not a RALLY!!! grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by EzeUche(m): 5:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
bisiaet:

"Poster (Shuttling"wink I am so please with you may God bless you. I can not understand what all these noise my people are making is all about , I cannot understand why we can not (Ibo) throw this issue to Bin, move on and  have peace with our fellow Nigerians, I cant understand why we are sowing a seeds of another future Hutu and Tutsi? Is a big shameful thing. The so called Ojukwu is old and near his final day, Awolowo has gone, Zik as gone Balewa as gone and so on, so in a living heaven what is my problem that I as an [b]Ibo [/b]be waking up in the morning with grudges, tribalism, hatred, vengeance, war, Biafra mind? This is horrible to the core and uncalled for.  

You are not an Igbo. A true Igbo would never say "Ibo" which is the bastardization of the name of our group. Hush vile Yoruba and stop claiming to be Igbo.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by EzeUche(m): 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
Egotistical Yoruba will reap what they sow. We Igbos know who the real enemies are. The blame cannot be place solely on the North.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by RichyBlacK(m): 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
nex:

@Afam

I've been off Nairaland for a while and I really don't know what all y'all have been up to, but seriously, one thing I knew you for was truth. How can you just come out in grand propaganda style and accuse me of celebrating the killing of innocent citizens? What have they done to me?

Please if this has become your discussion style, then you mind your business and let me mind mine.

If anybody is still in doubt that Ojukwu is a sly crook, how can a man who never believed in the existence of a nation keep trying his luck at the seat of power? All Ojukwu wants is supreme power in an oil producing state and the only means through which he felt he could get it initially was by secession, wasting the lives of more than a million Nigerians. There's no man in this country that has been so wicked and so unrepentant because since he found out that violence could not work, he has resorted to elections.

Even Hitler did better by taking his own life when he had wasted those of millions of people. He didn't run away, he didn't claim that he was going to find a solution outside. He joined those whose lives he spent.

My simple question to you Afam and the rest of you all Ojukwu loyalists is simple: How come Ojukwu remained so fat when we were seeing pictures of Somali-ish babies and bony soldiers? How? Could it be that he was eating good and well? Licking milk and choice honey when your fathers where eating cyanide cassava in the field.

Ojukwu should be hanged publicly for war crimes he committed against the Ibos and this should be done before he luckily dies a natural death.

@nex,

It's either you're supremely ignorant about the Biafran War or just trying too hard to sound irritating.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by reporter1: 5:48pm On Feb 18, 2010
EzeUche:

Egotistical Yoruba will reap what they sow.  We Igbos know who the real enemies are. The blame cannot be place solely on the North.

Deluded Ibo,  you have obviously not learned from your previous experience.
Only a ram will want to tread the same path twice!
Before you open your mouth about your revenge on Yoruba, why don't you at least get to know the history
of Yoruba and their conquest in West Africa.

There is a reason why West African students study the history of  Yoruba Empire as part of their West African history!
Hint -- Yoruba Empire gallantry.
Have you ever heard of Ibo empire before? Hell no. When Yoruba were building empires, your folks
were running around butt n.ake.d
You think revenge is by mouth and keyboard? Think twice before you commit suicide.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by RichyBlacK(m): 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
oyb:
all this biafra noise is why sun tzu said crush your enemy to a pulp or some such. if nigeria had really run a brutal campaign, all these kids living their father dreams would be singing a different spiel - never again .  

oyb,

I can understand when crassly ignorant simpletons and charlatans like reporter?, babapupa and akigbemaru make their infantile comments about a war that illuminates their ignorance of all things Biafra and their hatred of Ndi-Igbo, but this coming from you? Somebody else probably posted with your username. Interesting though.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by akigbemaru: 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2010

If ibos don’t include YORUBA in their biafailed conversations, they are good. We are tired of YORUBA this and that. You can go on YOUTUBE and continue your stupidity as usual, but if you take it to nairaland, you will definitely loss. I know that’s right!!

If you want Biafra, it’s just for you to go back to your God given portion = 27,000 square km. Relocate all your people back to iboland, continue your businesses in iboland. Nobody will come and fight you on your God given portion of land. Tell Onovo to resign as IGP and give him something similar in your ibo nation. No government of now a days  will carry arms to fight you.
But in a case, where you may also transcend your territory to drop bombs in Pen cinema in Lagos or invade Ore again, then you are finished.

Tell your ibo elders, they are the disgrace to your people, breeding hatred to young ones in the name of Biafra war is bad. One day, your chicken may come to roast. Even in Lagos, we let you have infringed benefits; it will be a time that those opportunities will be stopped.

If you don’t like us, stop coming to our western region, simple as that.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by RichyBlacK(m): 5:55pm On Feb 18, 2010
LAFOCUZY:

I AM OVERLY SURPRISED AT SOME COMMENTS i read here. The point being that most people who have the privilege of making these comments do not know the real cause of the war.

For purpose of clarity; the option of war by the biafrans was at the time appeared to be the only viable solution to the reckless murder of the Ibo people in the north. The federal government could not stop it and really at the time lacked the political will and decisiveness to stop it. These guys were murdered indiscriminately; youngmen, old men, mothers,  children, pregnant women etc.

Now, given this situation what do you expect these people to do, ; seat down and wait to be killed. Series of reconciliatory meetings did not have any tangible concensus. Gowon though a gentle man lacked this ability to control the brutal murder.

Well said. Hopefully, some of the fools on this thread will learn something from you.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by RichyBlacK(m): 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2010
LAFOCUZY:

I have again heard and read from comments posted on these threads that the coup of 1966 was an ibo coup, primarily because the guys who were incidentally killed were northerners, how ridiculous. Although this from surface position seemed the case but it is hardly the truth on further examination. The people appointed at the helm of military position were largely from the west of the Country.

Agreeably Zik was part of the government and was not killed Awo was also at the time similarly influential by every standards he was not also killed. What is strange in all these is that this coup was suddenly tagged an Ibo coup. The Izuogu who was a prominent person in that coup didn't hold any position of strong influence post the coup.

Unless we took a holistic look at this, we may never come to an agreement in this country as the resolution of issues associated to this war is the defining moment for this country going forward

Another opportunity for the many morons on this thread to replace the pap in their skulls with some knowledge. Thanks.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by akigbemaru: 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2010
RichyBlacK:

oyb,

I can understand when crassly ignorant simpletons and charlatans like reporter?, babapupa and akigbemaru make their infantile comments about a war that illuminates their ignorance of all things Biafra and their hatred of Ndi-Igbo, but this coming from you? Somebody else probably posted with your username. Interesting though.

I don't hate ibos, but I don't care about you either. Just don't include YORUBA in your Biafailed conversations.
I am sorry to say, that this polemic altitude is the bane of ibo extraction. I guess your elders in the villages maybe crying right now, they don't know where Yoruba boys are getting all this information from.

You are still living in the dark age, you have no history.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by RichyBlacK(m): 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
LAFOCUZY:

It is difficult to establish a premise however slightly intelligible to an average mind the possibility that Ojukwu may have committed war crimes. How, if I may ask. I reckon that Ojukwu in the light of the happening at such time of great darkness, confusion and despair dared to act within the limits of his knowledge and best counsel, what he considers the best way to stand up for his people.

We may judge his actions today and make criticism at will but lets not forget that the greatest of men are those who acted anyway in the midst great adversity when men's heart fail. It always feels good to be the one given the nonour to review the thesis of a scholar

Let's hope that this will inspire some of the irredeemably lost souls to learn some truth about the Biafran War.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
akigbemaru:

If ibos don’t include YORUBA in their biafailed conversations, they are good. We are tired of YORUBA this and that. You can go on YOUTUBE and continue your stupidity as usual, but if you take it to nairaland, you will definitely loss. I know that’s right!!

If you want Biafra, it’s just for you to go back to your God given portion = 27,000 square km. Relocate all your people back to iboland, continue your businesses in iboland. Nobody will come and fight you on your God given portion of land. Tell Onovo to resign as IGP and give him something similar in your ibo nation. No government of now a days  will carry arms to fight you.
But in a case, where you may also transcend your territory to drop bombs in Pen cinema in Lagos or invade Ore again, then you are finished.

Tell your ibo elders, they are the disgrace to your people, breeding hatred to young ones in the name of Biafra war is bad. One day, your chicken may come to roast. Even in Lagos, we let you have infringed benefits; it will be a time that those opportunities will be stopped.

If you don’t like us, stop coming to our western region, simple as that.

These idi.ots calling themselves Igbos do not represent us. We don't know them. grin
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by RichyBlacK(m): 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2010
akigbemaru:

I don't hate ibos, but I don't care about you either. Just don't include YORUBA in your Biafailed conversations.
I am sorry to say, that this polemic altitude is the bane of ibo extraction. I guess your elders in the villages maybe crying right now, they don't know where Yoruba boys are getting all this information from.

You are still living in the dark age, you have no history.

akigbemaru,

You're such an idiot to think that I care whether or not an inconsequential nutcase like you hate Ndi-Igbo. Nobody cares! Just go on exhibiting your stupidity.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Tuyis: 6:05pm On Feb 18, 2010
All these cyber warfare is very silly and unproductive. I tried going to Nigeriavillagesquare.com but alas, the same inter-tribal war is raging on there as well.

I am now thinking of starting a website called Nigeria Vs Biafra.com maybe all these cyber warriors will go there to continue their war rather than disturb the rest of us with their unending diatribe.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Another opportunity for the many morons on this thread to replace the pap in their skulls with some knowledge. Thanks.

Must you guys abuse and call people names? Others are stating their opinions same way you are stating yours.

Let your facts speak for you because you can not substitute facts with trash talk and insults.

Insults and tantrums only displays immaturity and inability to function properly in public and hold intelligent conversations.

You guys act as if den no teach you manners or give you home training.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2010
nex:

@Afam

The same truth that you claimed you knew me for is the same truth that I am stating now.

Your comments about Ojukwu are in bad taste and are meant to insult not just him but the people he defended while other Nigerians were killing them without any end in sight.

I am surprised at your comments and it seems to me that thus far you had succeeded in masking your hatred for the Igbos.

One more, thing you are not in any position to advise or recommend to the Igbos how Ojukwu should be regarded.

For starters, he never stole anyone's money as he even used his father's money to defend the Igbos. Do not forget the fact that his father was about the richest man in Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 18, 2010
RichyBlacK:

oyb,

oga - u guys need to let this go - they say familiarity breeds contempt. you are not the only ones who have lost a secession war.

rwanda is far fresher, and was far more horrific, but they are moving on.

instead every other day - we are swamped with nostalgia threads - Ojukwu the hero - its rats that desert a sinking ship, not the captain

biafra lost the war. there are no tactics that were emplyed by nigeria that biafra would not have emplyed if they had the opportunity. thats what war is - kick your enemy when he is down and make sure he doesn't get up. no rule, geneva convention or otherwise.

war is a nasty brutish business

there is no justification for the retaliatory pogroms in the north, but for me - it was almost the same issue as seceding, refusing to take the time to evaluate the possible consequnces of an action. did ironsi and co really think that hausas would take the killing of their spiritual leader lying down? in the same way, did the architects of biafra think secession would be
bloodless.has that happened anywhere?

was americas secession bloodless?

I apologize, but really, most of us are tired. leave the past and focus on the future.

a biafra today - will be a landlocked country. further more, it will not change anything, unless the thousands of ibos in what is left of nigeria decide to migrate back home - which they won't.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by RichyBlacK(m): 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
babapupa:

Must you guys abuse and call people names? Others are stating their opinions same way you are stating yours.

Let your facts speak for you because you can not substitute facts with trash talk and insults.

Insults and tantrums only displays immaturity and inability to function properly in public and hold intelligent conversations.

You guys act as if den no teach you manners or give you home training.

So this fool can talk in a civilized manner? Wonders shall never end.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by doyin13(m): 6:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
Let us just get past this abeg. . . .

Igbos have a right to deify whom they so wish.

Each part of the nation can hold whatever opinion about Ojukwu as
they so wish also.

EVERYONE SHOULD JUST BLOODY MOVE ON.

THIS IS ALMOST AS BAD AS THE FEC HOLDING THE NATION FOR
RANSOM OVER A BRAIN DEAD MALLAM.

OJUKWU THIS OJUKWU THAT. ABEGI
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 6:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
EzeUche:

Egotistical Yoruba will reap what they sow.  We Igbos know who the real enemies are. The blame cannot be place solely on the North.

One of the sad consequences of war is losing. Deal with it.

It's already been proven, you can not touch Yoruba people , unless you want your a!s!S whooped all over again of course.

Btw, what did Yoruba people sow?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2010
asha 80:

My friend go to nairaland 2005 to 2007 and come back and tell me who started the nonsense.The igbo tribalists that time where only one daft ABA4LIFE and Quotasystem and Quotasysrem was more on the defensive side most of the time.

Which defensive side? You guys were the instigators. There was a tendency back then not to reprove people like abalife but to hail him.
If some dude puts up a tribalistic thread against Igbos, Igbo people will automatically say he's Yoruba. How paranoid can you guys get?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2010
RichyBlacK:

So this fool can talk in a civilized manner? Wonders shall never end.

Like I said, let your facts speak for you because you can not substitute facts with trash talk and insults.

Act as if you sabi some manners and home training. It's not by force to engage in conversations, step out of thread if you're not mentally and emotionally equipped to engage like an adult.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by EzeUche(m): 6:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
reporter?:

Deluded Ibo,  you have obviously not learned from your previous experience.
Only a ram will want to tread the same path twice!
Before you open your mouth about your revenge on Yoruba, why don't you at least get to know the history
of Yoruba and their conquest in West Africa.

There is a reason why West African students study the history of  Yoruba Empire as part of their West African history!
Hint -- Yoruba Empire gallantry.
Have you ever heard of Ibo empire before? Hell no. When Yoruba were building empires, your folks
were running around butt n.ake.d
You think revenge is by mouth and keyboard? Think twice before you commit suicide.   

Your precious Oyo Empire was overran by both the Nupe and the Hausa. If it wasn't for the Brits, you Yorubas would have been slaves to the Hausa. However, you Yorubas are treated like houseboys by the Hausa, so they may have won after all.

You should know your history when you speak to an Aro man. Read about the Aro Confederacy and our famed warriors. 1 Igbo man can take on 5 Yoruba men. I cannot tell the difference between your men and your women.  

There is nothing civilized about you Yorubas. You all just love overcrowded cities filled with disease and whores. I will take village life over a dirty city any day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lalong Gives Ex-Governor Jang Two Weeks To Return “Stolen Money” / Kogi Rerun: INEC Conducts Senatorial Election Without APC / Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.