Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,648 members, 7,851,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:51 PM

Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? - Nairaland / General (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (15120 Views)

African Leaders Criticize Icc For Bias Against Continent; Plans To Withdraw / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Shooting in US schools nko? your kid could get killed

Earthquake, typhoon nko? you could get killed

Some terrorist threats nko? you could get killed

Snow preventing you from moving nko? you could even die as a result of excessive snow

Christmas is useless in the UK if you don't have a car.

A white racist might mug you on a dark night.

It's unsafe everywhere, man !!!

Dark night   LOL.
White rasist  

Check out my profil pic and see what a white rasist is doing for some your kids in Nigeria, many of them could never afford a primary education
and that suppose to be the responsibility of those silly ppl u call your government. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 11:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
eldee:

You obviously haven't gone to White City during the Christmas period . . . see guys speaking Pidgin to cashiers.

Lmafo grin grin grin
what i am tryin to say is that all these young guys with millions dont really have the money in a legal way n we both knw it. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 23, 2010
Truth be told . . . you guys spend shitloads of money when you come shopping here.
Besides the weather is better over there.

And what else do you actually need in Abuja??

I live in Naija.
I was once like you till i got wiser and came home.

I'm not some desperate Nigerian who wants to live abroad.
Living abroad is my right, i'm Irish.
Coming home to me is optional, i have no regrets whatsoever.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Lmafo grin grin grin
what i am tryin to say is that all these young guys with millions dont really have the money in a legal way n we both knw it. lipsrsealed

That's what we tell ourselves . . . those guys at MTN know their money is as legal as weed in Holland.

Freiburger:

Dark night   LOL.
White rasist  

Check out my profil pic and see what a white rasist is doing for some your kids in Nigeria, many of them could never afford a primary education
and that suppose to be the responsibility of those silly ppl u call your government. lipsrsealed

Are you seriously going to deny the existence of white supremacists??
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by mamagee3(f): 11:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Don't be a kid.
Not all of us need visas to travel.
All i need is my one way ticket, a mere 100k.

Who is being a kid?
How can you get into a foreign country without a Visa?
You're ridiculous, Please come up with something that makes sense.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

I live in Naija.
I was once like you till i got wiser and came home.

I'm not some desperate Nigerian who wants to live abroad.
Living abroad is my right, i'm Irish.
Coming home to me is optional, i have no regrets whatsoever.

I'm on your side jare . . . this tax this tax that system here is sickening.
I don't know why no one wants to admit it.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Lmafo grin grin grin

you're just consoling yourselves. I know an uncle who wont go abroad for anything in the world. His wife got a chance to move the family to Scotland and he refused. Today he has a house in the US paid for in cash, flies here and there like he's taking a taxi . . . all from a honest days work. Living abroad isnt all its cracked up to be.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:26pm On Mar 23, 2010
mama-gee:

Who is being a kid?
How can you get into a foreign country without a Visa?
You're ridiculous, Please come up with something that makes sense.

Erm . . . you know that small  book . . .it's called a Brit Passport.
If you show the airport man in brown uniform . . .he'll smile and let you go on the fast queue.  cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
and that suppose to be the responsibility of those silly ppl u call your government.

She is a local champion.
Let her go back.

In Chevron, you have what they call Airport Asst.
Their job is to book your flight and help you carry luggage and other small logistics.

They give the positions to white boys and pay them hell.
That is neo-colonialism, what are people will easily do and do better.

The white woman is taking jobs that are people can do.
Sorry, i ain't impressed.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
eldee:

That's what we tell ourselves . . . those guys at MTN know their money is as legal as weed in Holland.

Who? The customer service advicers?? undecided
Tell me, havent heard your friends in naija tellin u to come to naija cuz thats where money si now?? when u went, how many contracts they help u secure?? undecided cheesy

I have a gf who went to naija to work, she was tellin me to come to naija . . . blah blah
she is living VGC, driving a nice car. i was kinda tempted myself until another gf told me she can only afford the house n cars cuz she is dating her married oga but these chics wont tell u abt that part until u see it for urself. sooo ummmm . . . . . . maybe i might go there wen i retire or when i find a job where i wont have to be sexually harassed first. grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
eldee:

Are you seriously going to deny the existence of white supremacists??

That what they told you, is it the black mentality that is better? LETS NOT DEVIATE FROM POINT dude. Else its gona be a long night and i haven't got that time.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

you're just consoling yourselves. I know an uncle who wont go abroad for anything in the world. His wife got a chance to move the family to Scotland and he refused. Today he has a house in the US paid for in cash, flies here and there like he's taking a taxi . . . all from a honest days work. Living abroad isnt all its cracked up to be.

well it is not a big deal, but it is a matter of choice for the individual.

Because a handful of people are dishing out millions in Nigeria means nothing.

We are talking about the living standards for the average man not a priviledged few.

If this is the criteria for the measurement of success back home then it is trully pathetic and potrays the real state of our nation
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 11:30pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

Trust me, its easier for a guy to get a good paying job in naija compare to a woman. trust me i know lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Trust me, its easier for a guy to get a good paying job in naija compare to a woman. trust me i know lipsrsealed

that's not true. I forgot to tell you my uncle's wife also works in an oil company now and earns crazy money.

Look many of you dont realise that having schooled abroad gives you an easier access to getting into these blue-chip companies back home that are looking for foreign trained nigerians.
Why do you think the Dora's and co are going back to Nigeria?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 23, 2010
Erm . . . you know that small book . . .it's called a Brit Passport.
If you show the airport man in brown uniform . . .he'll smile and let you go on the fast queue

Thanks eldee.

We now know those who went by road, via Libya. cheesy
She might have even swarm across the river to Italy. cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 11:34pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

that's not true. I forgot to tell you my uncle's wife also works in an oil company now and earns crazy money.

[b]Look many of you dont realise that having schooled abroad gives you an easier access to getting into these blue-chip companies back home that are looking for foreign trained nigerians.[/b]Why do you think the Dora's and co are going back to Nigeria?

I know that but apart from ur uncle's wife how many other chics do u know get that lucky without doing something she doesnt want to do?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Who? The customer service advisers?? undecided
Tell me, havent heard your friends in naija tellin u to come to naija cuz thats where money si now?? when u went, how many contracts they help u secure?? undecided cheesy

I have a gf who went to naija to work, she was tellin me to come to naija . . . blah blah
she is living VGC, driving a nice car. i was kinda tempted myself until another told me she can only afford the house n cars cuz she is dating her married oga but these chics wont tell u abt that part until u see it for urself. sooo ummmm . . . . . . maybe i might go there wen i retire or when i find a job where i wont have to be sexually harassed first. grin

It's quite easy . . . get your CV and your degree.
Take about three months and reconnect with your family and everyone you knew in high-school.
Always tell them you need a job and you've got a degree from Kent.

It doesn't have to be one or the other . . . you can even do some of the work from here.
I know guys that work in MTN and my uncle works for Chevron . . . he's got a house in the Lekki Office, official car and company paid cleaning.
All that 'illegal money' thing is stale abeg.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
eldee:

Take about three months and reconnect with your family and everyone you knew in high-school.

It doesn't have to be one or the other . . . you can even do some of the work from here.
I know guys that work in MTN and my uncle works for Chevron . . . he's got a house in the Lekki Office, official car and company paid cleaning.

If you are really successful within three months maybe that might convince me. cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by mamagee3(f): 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
eldee:

Erm . . . you know that small  book . . .it's called a Brit Passport.
If you show the airport man in brown uniform . . .he'll smile and let you go on the fast queue.  cheesy cheesy wink
Okay, whatever but you would need a Visa the first time you plan of going to britain.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
she is living VGC, driving a nice car. i was kinda tempted myself until another gf told me she can only afford the house n cars cuz she is dating her married oga but these chics wont tell u abt that part until u see it for urself. sooo ummmm . . . . . . maybe i might go there wen i retire or when i find a job where i wont have to be sexually harassed first.

Not always abeg.

My DMD collects about 800k a month.
She is a woman.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
Freiburger:

That what they told you, is it the black mentality that is better? LETS NOT DEVIATE FROM POINT dude. Else its gona be a long night and i haven't got that time.

Dude . . .the BNP won two European Parliament seats, one of them is for my constituency.
So don't even let's start talking about white supremacists, they do exist . . . it'll be stpid to deny that.

I know first hand.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 11:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

She is a local champion.
Let her go back.

[b]In Chevron, you have what they call Airport Asst.
Their job is to book your flight and help you carry luggage and other small logistics.[/b]They give the positions to white boys and pay them hell.
That is neo-colonialism, what are people will easily do and do better.

The white woman is taking jobs that are people can do.
Sorry, i ain't impressed.

So you mean these kids are not relevant8( Aanother typical naija mentality)   the aiport activities is the onlything that happens in naija. are u even ready to learn?
And for your your information she is not working there,  she helped built that hut so that at least some forgotten ones can learn while do finance the teachers from here. don't be silly.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
Okay, whatever but you would need a Visa the first time you plan of going to britain.

See, sweetie, i need no visa.
Because my mum has passed her citizenship to me by birth (she's white).
Just as i have done to my kids etc.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

I know that but apart from your uncle's wife how many other chics do u know get that lucky without doing something she doesnt want to do?

There are quite a lot of them. If you have a deg from the UK i dont think you shld have a problem unless it was in religious knowledge.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
So you mean these kids are not relevant8( Aanother typical naija mentality) the aiport activities is the onlything that happens in naija. are u even ready to learn?
And for your your information she is not working there, she helped built that hut so that at least some forgotten ones can learn while do finance the teachers from here. don't be silly.

I don't give a damn about her abeg.
You should be happy i bothered to look at your profile pix sef. tongue grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

If you are really successful within three months maybe that might convince me. cheesy

Convince you?? I'll be too busy watching 24 in the Lagos Traffic in my jeep to have time for you grin grin

davidylan:

There are quite a lot of them. If you have a deg from the UK i dont think you shld have a problem[b] unless it was in religious knowledge.[/b]

Are you trying to discourage Sauron?? grin grin
He has a degree in Yoruba Studies
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
eldee:

Eldee's uncle has a HOUSE INSIDE Chevron Office  shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy grin grin

Chai - wey road to Lekki?

eldee:

Dude . . .the BNP won two European Parliament seats, one of them is for my constituency.
So don't even let's start talking about white supremacists, they do exist . . . it'll be stpid to deny that.

I know first hand.

You have to relocate bro. . . .Hull isn't the locale for upstanding black folk.  cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
eldee:

I know first hand.

My goodness if you live in a BNP constituency you sure had it coming, na your choice.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 11:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

I don't give a damn about her abeg.
You should be happy i bothered to look at your profile pix sef. tongue grin

YOU ARE IGNORED FOR LIFE!!! WHAT A FISH BRAIN!!! undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 11:48pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

There are quite a lot of them. If you have a deg from the UK i dont think you shld have a problem unless it was in religious knowledge.

hehehehehehehehehehe . . . . imagine cheesy grin

eldee:

Convince you?? I'll be too busy watching 24 in the Lagos Traffic in my jeep to have time for you grin grin

*roll eyez*
u r too selfish sha angry cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 23, 2010
eldee:

Are you trying to discourage Sauron?? grin grin
He has a degree in Yoruba Studies

U mean it?  shocked grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2010

Seriously it ain't that easy again.
Everyone has a foreign degree now.

It's either you're very smart or have long legs or the HR people like you.
I work in HR in a multinational here, i know what i'm saying.

@Fried burger.
You're a re.tard. Don't dare me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Federal airport authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Salary Scale / 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence / 5 Simple Goals You Can Still Achieve This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.