Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,567 members, 7,850,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:14 AM

Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (15119 Views)

African Leaders Criticize Icc For Bias Against Continent; Plans To Withdraw / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
dayokanu:

David obviously you never worked in lagos before.

I would take the subway everyday of the year that spending 8 hours in lagos trafic everyday.

5am to 8am going to work and 5pm to 10pm coming back from work

It can be 10-12hrs when Adeboye strikes which is every first Friday of the month

Hehehe. . . ol boy you better come back and enjoy life in Naija. . . .just buy your Jeep with DVD screens in the back and you can finish an entire season of 24 in less than a month by watching it in traffic. You yeye NIDs just don't know how to enjoy life.  grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

I don't see it as competing. People just want a good life,

Providing your own alternate electricity,
Sending your kids to schools where strike don't exist.
Having adequate security in your home (by living in exclusive areas
Not being oppressed by fellow beings like you.
Ensuring your kids can afford capital to start their own biz after leaving school etc.

These are the major reasons people acquire wealth, not necessarily to show off.

If I wasn't Nigerian or lived in Nigeria I would believe that - people acquire wealth to show off in Nigeria. . . .even sending your kids to exclusive schools is a form of showing off in Nigeria.

Our culture has become unduly ostentatious - if you haven't spend outlandish sums of money on your car, house or other possessions, you are not a 'big man'.

Not being 'oppressed' by fellow beings like you is to say you must also have money to show off like your neighbour.

I have seen it time and time again - people with a big house want a bigger one and so on and so forth.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
I don't see it as competing. People just want a good life,

Providing your own alternate electricity,
Sending your kids to schools where strike don't exist.
Having adequate security in your home (by living in exclusive areas
Not being oppressed by fellow beings like you.
Ensuring your kids can afford capital to start their own biz after leaving school etc.

These are the major reasons people acquire wealth, not necessarily to show off.

How do you solve the 7hr a day traffic? Buy a helicopter?

Or the kidnapping and security. i am sure the 2 NNPC guys that were killed were very rich too.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

I will be there with you too. Relaxing and enjoying in my villa while you catch the train to work each morning. grin
We go see nah grin
Abi is it not the same villa theif,armed robbers and assasins would raid every hour of the day? undecided grin
While I'm enjoying the clean and fresh air on my road to work, y'all will be dodging bullet left, right and center all in the sake of making money grin.
Now tell him whose life would you rather live? undecided

Freiburger:

LOL  grin grin grin
No be true I talk dia? grin

jay bee:

1 rich man to every 1000 peeps languishing in abject poverty.
I'm willing to bet you left out an additional Zero grin grin
Or is it no longer 1 rich man to every 10,000 peeps? undecided cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2010
Whoa!!! I'm going on a Coming to Naija very soon.
I want a N750mill house too angry angry
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2010
Hehehe. . . ol boy you better come back and enjoy life in Naija. . . .just buy your Jeep with DVD screens in the back and you can finish an entire season of 24 in less than a month by watching it in traffic. You yeye NIDs just don't know how to enjoy life.

What of the area boys you meet on the way and God help you if you pass through Obalende and see full grown men Shyting by the road side while you are having your dinner in your posh car
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2010
From an honest question about comments made by NINs towards NIDs this thread has now degenerated into a bragging match.

Please lets grow up and be objective about life.

Boasting about wealth in the midst of poverty shows a very shallow type of thinking, if you cannot impact lives positively all the wealth counts for nothing.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
My advice,

If your village sponsored you abroad, stay put.
If you went through Libya and other land route, stay put.
If your father sold his house to send you out, stay put.
If you borrowed money to travel, stay put.
If you went as an asylum seeker, stay put.
If you won the visa lottery, stay put.
If you have no decent education stay put.
If marriage took you there, stay put.

All others, come home.!!!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by mrmayor(m): 11:01pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Debosky,

ol'boy relax, just like BlueDiva said each to his own. I know both sides of the debate, yes Nigeria offers me certain opportunities that I won't get in the Uk, Ireland  or mainland Europe. I spend more time in Nigeria now, yes I deal with all the ills that Nigeria offers but when Nigerians living in far of countries start screaming only about bad roads, nepa etc you know something is up.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

My advice,

Buahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

My advice,

If marriage took you there, stay pu

Blind noise.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

My advice,

well since none of the above applies to me i guess i can return sometime soon. I know bluediva has something for me.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by mrmayor(m): 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ Frosbel,

Boasting about wealth, high quality of living is usually from NID
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by mamagee3(f): 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
It's because Of Jealousy and bitterness cause the foreign embassies failed to give them a Visa,
so they think the best way to exhibit their frustration is to diss those that have the opportunity.
Most of them are just Ignorant, they think all the Nigerians Overseas are the same rude people.
Judging them by the same stick with those that are boastful and pompous.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

well since none of the above applies to me i guess i can return sometime soon[b]. I know bluediva has something for me.[/b]

Guy me too oh . . . abi you think say na only you want opportunities wey go give you 800mill Naira house??
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 23, 2010
How do you solve the 7hr a day traffic? Buy a helicopter?

Or the kidnapping and security. i am sure the 2 NNPC guys that were killed were very rich too.

Shooting in US schools nko? your kid could get killed

Earthquake, typhoon nko? you could get killed

Some terrorist threats nko? you could get killed

Snow preventing you from moving nko? you could even die as a result of excessive snow

Christmas is useless in the UK if you don't have a car.

A white racist might mug you on a dark night.

It's unsafe everywhere, man !!!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 11:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

well since none of the above applies to me i guess i can return sometime soon. I know bluediva has something for me.

Na lie, what abt the last one criteria? grin cheesy
u think u can leave me n go?? think again Mr davidylan angry

@post
The way most ppl live in naija is nothing but plain madness
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
mrmayor:

@Debosky,

ol'boy relax, just like BlueDiva said each to his own. I know both sides of the debate, yes Nigeria offers[b] me certain opportunities that I won't get in the Uk, Ireland  or mainland Europe.[/b] I spend more time in Nigeria now, yes I deal with all the ills that Nigeria offers but when Nigerians living in far of countries start screaming only about bad roads, nepa etc you know something is up.  

Tell me, how many ppl had that opportunity u had in Nigeria? anD don't telll that the fact that u 've gained some skills or experiences abroad didn't helped in pushing the whole thing.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Buahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin
BlueDiva:

My advice,

None of the above applies to me and yet I am not coming home , just yet.

Just because you chose to live there does not negate the fact that its in a dire state and needs a complete overhaul.

A rich man in a village of poor people does not make it a rich village unless he uses his wealth to develop and sustain his people
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2010
It's because Of Jealousy and bitterness cause the foreign embassies failed to give them a Visa,
so they think the best way to exhibit their frustration is to diss those that have the opportunity.
Most of them are just Ignorant, they think all the Nigerians Overseas are the same rude people.
Judging them by the same stick with those that are boastful and pompous.

Don't be a kid.
Not all of us need visas to travel.
All i need is my one way ticket, a mere 100k.

Will you like Senior Special Asst to the President on Religious Affairs?  cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2010
dayokanu:

What of the area boys you meet on the way and God help you if you pass through Obalende and see full grown men Shyting by the road side while you are having your dinner in your posh car

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Na lie, what abt the last one criteria? grin cheesy
u think u can leave me n go?? think again Mr davidylan angry

we divorced already.  grin bye bye
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by mrmayor(m): 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

@post
The way most ppl live in naija is nothing but plain madness

Like pastors causing 3 day traffic jam!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2010

Kidnapping in Nigeria and ritual killing looks similar

Bar beach flooding is a natural disaster

Like those in jos?

Snow preventing you from moving nko? you could even die as a result of excessive snow

Flooding and craters on Nigerian roads

Let the Fulani moslem catch you a southern xtian whenever someone disses Mohammed

Its relative. its unsafe everywhere doesnt mean you would try out the ND creeks or Iraq
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Will you like Senior Special Asst to the President on Religious Affairs?  cheesy grin

my dear . . . i wouldnt mind that at all.  grin I would be earning in a week what a lot of these folks will see in 30 yrs.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 11:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

we divorced already.  grin bye bye

shocked shocked cheesy
frosbel:

None of the above applies to me and yet I am not coming home , just yet.

Just because you chose to live there does not negate the fact that its in a dire state and needs a complete overhaul.

A rich man in a village of poor people does not make it a rich village unless he uses his wealth to develop and sustain his people

True that, i have no intentions of going home soon either. cool
All these millions naija ppl shout are usually lies abeg. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Lol , none of this compares to the utter mayhem in Nigeria if you are not wealthy,

What , with all the kidnappings, armed robbers outgunning the police, ritualists, random freak accidents, nepa, water, bad roads, corruption? the list is endless.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2010

Would anyone deny this? In US someone got a ticket for "urinating in public" while men shyte in public gaze at Obalende roundabout in the broad daylight
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Don't be a kid.
Not all of us need visas to travel.
All i need is my one way ticket, a mere 100k.

Truth be told . . . you guys spend shitloads of money when you come shopping here.
Besides the weather is better over there.

And what else do you actually need in Abuja??
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
dayokanu:

Would anyone deny this? In US someone got a ticket for "urinating in public" while men shyte in public gaze at Obalende roundabout in the broad daylight

lol,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But to be fair a man was arrested by mobile police during the Idiagbon era for urinating outside his house at Orile. That was a near improvement.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 23, 2010
One thing is for sure though.
When my kids are old enough for College, i'm shipping them out.

Fees will be cheaper for them as citizens.
No strike wahala.
They will get proper education.

I'm enjoying the best of both worlds.  cheesy wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

True that, i have no intentions of going home soon either. cool
All these millions naija ppl shout are usually lies abeg. lipsrsealed

You obviously haven't gone to White City during the Christmas period . . . see guys speaking Pidgin to cashiers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Federal airport authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Salary Scale / 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence / 5 Simple Goals You Can Still Achieve This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.