Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,262 members, 7,829,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (15102 Views)

African Leaders Criticize Icc For Bias Against Continent; Plans To Withdraw / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 9:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
mba mba.

Ladies lets sheath our swords.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
Maybe the uncles contract was supplying akara to the guards at Aso Rock. . . cheesy
Even at that there's money. cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 10:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Who's your uncle?
We're talking important people here not some. . . lipsrsealed
You dont know him. He got a 30 M Contract when Naira meant something
I admit hes a drunkard, and thats how he blew it, on women, etc

But like I said before:
Nigeria, throw money anywhere  undecided

no responsbility in that country at all lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
dayokanu:

Medical field I cant stand the sight of blood and people crying
LOL you could be gyno grin

But seriously this bill is already changing things, I dey quiver o embarassed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 10:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Maybe the uncles contract was supplying akara to the guards at Aso Rock. . . cheesy
Even at that there's money. cheesy

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2010
You dont know him. He got a 30 M Contract when Naira meant something
I admit hes a drunkard, and thats how he blew it, on women, etc

But like I said before:
Nigeria, throw money anywhere  Undecided

no responsbility in that country at all

Just fooling around.
Don't mind me.

On a serious note, i reasoned like you back in them days.
Spend a year in Abj and your orientation will change.

I know what it is like to live abroad.

When you see one young man shipping his car to the UK to use during his 6wks visit. . .
When you see someone buying a house of N800m, you'd question your reason for living abroad.

Like i said,
To each his own.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Just fooling around.
Don't mind me.

On a serious note, i reasoned like you back in them days.
Spend a year in Abj and your orientation will change.

I know what it is like to live abroad.

When you see one young man shipping his car to the UK to use during his 6wks visit. . .
When you see someone buying a house of N800m, you'd question your reason for living abroad.

Like i said,
To each his own.

gbam!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Condom: 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
Strong case of inferiority vs. superority complexes at odds.
Damn NINs and NIDs
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

gbam!
You say Gbam but we all knowm those kind of people are few and far between.
honeric01:

Really? okay, you should know the conditions before hand, you will have to post campaign posters of our party which reads "Woe to Islam, Ekankar is the way to life" (written in Hausa language) and must be posted by you (yes you) all over the northern part of Nigeria every Friday (10am-12:55pm).

Salary is #2.5m per month.
DEAL!!!!!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

You say Gbam but we all knowm those kind of people are few and far between.

I know that and i'd like to be one of those few. You can stay abroad and earn your 40,000 pounds a yr. grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 23, 2010
gbam!

My brotha feels me. wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

My brotha feels me. wink

my sis, na so we see am o. While we're busy slaving abroad some nigerian dudes buy up expensive holiday homes here and travel back and forth with their families as if money flows like water. I'd like to be in that category too.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Condom: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

I know that and i'd like to be one of those few. You can stay abroad and earn your 40,000 pounds a yr. grin
lol  grin  grin  grin with severe taxation and a restless lifetime of endless bills.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

DEAL!!!!!

But who's going to collect the salary?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
I was at my home State recently.
See houses people are building,  shocked

Don't even talk of Abj.

My ex classmate back in Sec Sch just bought a land in Lagos for N200m cash.
The latest Prado jeep and the new VW Touareg.

You want me to be working 2 jobs under the cold.
Using the tube and cutting my expenditure by using portable heaters? Nonsense. angry
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

My ex classmate back in Sec Sch just bought a land in Lagos for[b] N200m cash.[/b]

Uhm, that's alot for just a land oo, With that, i should be able to get like 30 different acre of land in this same Lagos.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2010
honeric01:

Uhm, that's alot for just a land oo, With that, i should be able to get like 30 different acre of land in this same Lagos.

In Ketu?
I've seen a land of 500m in Abj.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Don't even talk of Abj.

The endless pursuit of 'my car and my house are better than yours'.  undecided

Some of the 200m land may be under the Atlantic Ocean in a few years if care is not taken.  grin

Of course everyone would like to have all their wants met (I don't know about a house costing 800m though - apart from the 'mine is bigger than yours' craze  undecided)

Anyways, I am enjoying my neat little bungalow in downtown Onitsha.  tongue
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Don't even talk of Abj.

You want me to be working 2 jobs under the cold.
Using the tube and cutting my expenditure by using portable heaters? Nonsense.  angry

shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
The endless pursuit of 'my car and my house are better than yours'. Undecided

Some of the 200m land may be under the Atlantic Ocean in a few years if care is not taken. Grin

Of course everyone would like to have all their wants met (I don't know about a house costing 800m though - apart from the 'mine is bigger than yours' craze Undecided)

Anyways, I am enjoying my neat little bungalow in downtown Onitsha

You're unlikely to know such when you live abroad.
i saw an advert in The Nigerian Compass property section, a house for sale, asking price? N1.2bn

I'm not saying spending such ridiculous amount on properties is right or wrong.
i keep saying, to each his own.

I want a good life and if i become mad rich, i want to touch lives too.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by chic2pimp(m): 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

Keep smilling you hia, I guarantee you that i'll be the one having the last laugh grin grin

I'll rather live in a peaceful society than live in one where I have to constantly look over my shoulder whilst also sleeping with one eye opened grin grin

honeric01:

But who's going to collect the salary?
I'll send down my driver wink

Condom:

lol  grin  grin  grin with severe taxation and a restless lifetime of endless bills.
At least my mind is always at peace . The same can't be said of those of you in Naija, I lie? undecided grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by mrmayor(m): 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
debosky:

The endless pursuit of 'my car and my house are better than yours'.  undecided

Some of the 200m land may be under the Atlantic Ocean in a few years if care is not taken.  grin

Of course everyone would like to have all their wants met (I don't know about a house costing 800m though - apart from the 'mine is bigger than yours' craze  undecided)

Anyways, I am enjoying my neat little bungalow in downtown Onitsha.  tongue

[size=14pt]See Who Is Jealous Now [/size]grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

Keep smilling you hia, I guarantee you that i'll be the one having the last laugh grin grin

I'll rather live in a peaceful society than live in one where I have to constantly look over my shoulder whilst also sleeping with one eye opened grin grin

I will be there with you too. Relaxing and enjoying in my villa while you catch the train to work each morning. grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

I'll rather live in a peaceful society than live in one where I have to constantly look over my shoulder whilst also sleeping with one eye opened grin grin I'll send down my driver wink
At least my mind is always at peace . The same can't be said of those of you in Naija, I lie? undecided grin

LOL  grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

You're unlikely to know such when you live abroad.
i saw an advert in The Nigerian Compass property section, a house for sale, asking price? N1.2bn

I live in Nigeria. What I meant by 'I don't know' is that even if I had 800m, spending that amount on a HOUSE is unwise in my own estimation.

Flats in St Johns Wood in London easily cost over 1m pounds so the price is not an issue.

The rat race of 'I have more money than you' or 'my car is better than yours' is quite reprehensible to me personally.

With all due respect, even with the 'money making opportunities' that supposedly are so prominent in Nigeria, there are no Nigerians mentioned in the upper echelons of the rich lists.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by jaybee3(m): 10:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
200 mil land but yet money still can't buy quality healthcare in naij.
what's the point?
1 rich man to every 1000 peeps languishing in abject poverty.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 10:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
mrmayor:

[size=14pt]See Who Is Jealous Now [/size]grin grin grin

Jealous of what?  

'Mr x has this, have you seen Ms y's car? Mr z just travelled to Bangkok in his personal jet'.

Sorry that doesn't interest me.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
will be there with you too. Relaxing and enjoying in my villa while you catch the train to work each morning.

David obviously you never worked in lagos before.

I would take the subway everyday of the year that spending 8 hours in lagos trafic everyday.

5am to 8am going to work and 5pm to 10pm coming back from work

It can be 10-12hrs when Adeboye strikes which is every first Friday of the month
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by dayokanu(m): 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
LOL you could be gyno

But seriously this bill is already changing things, I dey quiver o

GYNO

They have a law that you cant "collabo" with your patient so I dont want that
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2010
dayokanu:

David obviously you never worked in lagos before.

I would take the subway everyday of the year that spending 8 hours in lagos trafic everyday.

5am to 8am going to work and 5pm to 10pm coming back from work

It can be 10-12hrs when Adeboye strikes which is every first Friday of the month

I would be in the US with you too. you only needs go back to naija for a few months to take care of biz.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2010
jay bee:

200 mil land but yet money still can't buy quality healthcare in naij.
what's the point?
1 rich man to every 1000 peeps languishing in abject poverty.

Na only health care? even the president is not secured. anything can happen to him at anytime, yesterday history even proves that.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
I live in Nigeria. What I meant by 'I don't know' is that even if I had 800m, spending that amount on a HOUSE is unwise in my own estimation.

Flats in St Johns Wood in London easily cost over 1m pounds so the price is not an issue.

The rat race of 'I have more money than you' or 'my car is better than yours' is quite reprehensible to me personally.

With all due respect, even with the 'money making opportunities' that supposedly are so prominent in Nigeria, there are no Nigerians mentioned in the upper echelons of the rich lists.

I don't see it as competing. People just want a good life,

Providing your own alternate electricity,
Sending your kids to schools where strike don't exist.
Having adequate security in your home (by living in exclusive areas
Not being oppressed by fellow beings like you.
Ensuring your kids can afford capital to start their own biz after leaving school etc.

These are the major reasons people acquire wealth, not necessarily to show off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

5 Simple Goals You Can Still Achieve This Year / How Do You Control Your Anger When Seriously Provoked? / Fingering And Masterbation: Cons And Pros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.