Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,347 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? - Nairaland / General (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (15105 Views)

African Leaders Criticize Icc For Bias Against Continent; Plans To Withdraw / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 11:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Seriously it ain't that easy again.
Everyone has a foreign degree now.

It's either you're very smart or have long legs or the HR people like you.
I work in HR in a multinational here, i know what i'm saying.

Tell them - yeye people thinking they can come to naija, speak with oyinbo accent and take good jobs.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
debosky:

Eldee's uncle has a HOUSE INSIDE Chevron Office  shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy grin grin

Chai - wey road to Lekki?

Hehehe . . . You know the place jare.
The Chevron Staff Estate  . . .  grin grin

debosky:

You have to relocate bro. . . .Hull isn't the locale for upstanding black folk.  cheesy

It's a really nice place though . . . London's hard work.

frosbel:

My goodness if you live in a BNP constituency you sure had it coming, na your choice.

Funny thing is . . . I was there when they got the seat.
They all seemed nice till I saw it on TV that they voted BNP. grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 11:58pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

You know how I'm always nice to you.
And how we're really close friends . . . and you know how you said you owe me one the other day??
Well . . . grin grin grin

davidylan:

U mean it?  shocked grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

True . . . but you have to stand out or have long legs like you said. Are you in abuja by the way? How is life there?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 12:04am On Mar 24, 2010
Even with foreign degrees it's not easy.

I remember an elder brother of a friend of mine who came back to naija with his oil and gas degree and ended up having to work for  a bank instead. I don't know if he still has the job now after the recent mass sacking.

On a separate note, it seems we only have the rich NINs on nairaland (ecept me of course) - Aqva has 10 visas, 100 cars and pays the rent for 10 of his friends in London anytime he visits.

Bluediva is doing business that triples her very large salary (remember she works for a multinational) and has other gigantic investments in the pipeline.

Honeric is making massive cash and supporting many people.

You suffer head NIDs better come back and enjoy some of this money before Aqva buys his 10th Range Rover.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 24, 2010
@ David,
Abj is cool.
It's more of a civil service place.

Lag is the real deal especially for those who wanna relocate and work with their degrees.

Abj is usually for experienced people (older folks).

Eldee,
Lol, cracking me up.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 12:11am On Mar 24, 2010
BlueDiva:

@Fried burger.
You're a re.tard. Don't dare me.

Of course i will not exchange words with an unexposed fool viewing the life from one angle. And i 've got these last words for you:
Congratulations, from your responses so far, you best define those group of ppl the poster intend to talk about by posting this thread. and every rational person who 've been through this thread can observe it. one again keep mouth shurt you 're too unexposed to talk here.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 24, 2010
debosky:

I remember an elder brother of a friend of mine who came back to naija with his oil and gas degree and ended up having to work for  a bank instead. I don't know if he still has the job now after the recent mass sacking.

On a separate note, it seems we only have the rich NINs on nairaland (ecept me of course) - Aqva has 10 visas, 100 cars and pays the rent for 10 of his friends in London anytime he visits.

Bluediva is doing business that triples her very large salary (remember she works for a multinational) and has other gigantic investments in the pipeline.

Honeric is making massive cash and supporting many people.

You suffer head NIDs better come back and enjoy some of this money before Aqva buys his 10th Range Rover.

Typical Naija mentality , bragging about nothing when the country as a whole is in a sorry state of despair.

Its all about who no who, connections, I chop you chop and to hell with the poor man.

We need to wisen up and start to think of solutions for the country or should I say three-in-one countries, and not some selfish preoccupation with one's status.

Really Nigeria has a lot of catching up to do with the 21st century
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by mamagee3(f): 12:13am On Mar 24, 2010
debosky:

Tell them - yeye people thinking they can come to naija, speak with oyinbo accent and take good jobs.
*DEATH*
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 12:15am On Mar 24, 2010
@Bluediva

You think I'm joking . . . you're officially one of my long legs cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 24, 2010

C'mon, don't ridicule moi.  wink
I do a lil biz and have a moderate salary.

@Bluediva

You think I'm joking . . . you're officially one of my long legs

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 24, 2010
BlueDiva:

@ David,
Abj is cool.

Lag is the real deal especially for those who wanna relocate and work with their degrees.

Tx. Was thinking which would be best for me.

debosky:

how come?  shocked Didnt he know anyone? where did he go to apply? there are recruiting agencies here in the states and i'm sure they've got one in the UK too.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 24, 2010
BlueDiva:

@ David,
Abj is cool.

Eldee,
Lol, cracking me up.

sorry but quote me if I am wrong , is it Lagos that I visited last year and spent only three days before fleeing to my beloved Owerri.

Lagos is improving in some respects VI, Ikoyi an a few others but it is still in a total chaotic state to say the least.

Why do I want to spend my entire day commuting to work combined with a stressful day in the office for money that if I earn plenty will endear me to the men of the underworld and other hangers on.

God forbid that we should relocate to work in a country where the mentality is still the same with no forward thinking.

abeg jo, leave us alone.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 12:20am On Mar 24, 2010
davidylan:

Tx. Was thinking which would be best for me.

how come?  shocked Didnt he know anyone? where did he go to apply? there are recruiting agencies here in the states and i'm sure they've got one in the UK too.

Siddon there. . . .if you go for those Careers In Africa fairs in London, it looks similar to a First Bank test in Lagos with the surging crowds.

BlueDiva:

C'mon, don't ridicule moi.  wink
I do a lil biz and have a moderate salary.

Don't be modest - you make quite a decent income from your multinational firm, and you did say you triple your salary.

Don't hide these wonderful truths from these sufferhead NIDs. . . .let them come back and make it big in their fatherland. wink

I am learning from people like you and I must move to Abuja soon. . . .Onitsha don tire me.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 24, 2010
@frosbel,

Have you seen pics of UK slums?
Don't over flog it, each side has its problems.

Don't be modest - you make quite a decent income from your multinational firm, and you did say you triple your salary.

Don't hide these wonderful truths from these sufferhead NIDs. . . .let them come back and make it big in their fatherland. Wink

I am learning from people like you and I must move to Abuja soon. . . .Onitsha don tire me.

grin grin
In all seriousness, what some of these aboki that have tons of tankers make in a day. . .left to be imagined.
Is it the cattle owners, the textile woman at Teduosho (some women buy 5yrds of lace for 100k)?
Even those Ibo traders that put their trousers on their waist.

Some people with little education make mad money in Naija.
Far more than some of us will dream of.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 12:34am On Mar 24, 2010
BlueDiva:

@frosbel,

grin grin
In all seriousness, what some of these aboki that have tons of tankers make in a day. . .left to be imagined.
Is it the cattle owners, the textile woman at Teduosho (some women buy 5yrds of lace for 100k)?
Even those Ibo traders that put their trousers on their waist.

Some people with little education make mad money in Naija.
Far more than some of us will dream of.

MY God, i don't need mad money.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 24, 2010
BlueDiva:

@frosbel,

Is it Peckham, or Brixton or should we say Hull, that despite their poor reputation boast of better infrastructure and ammenities than the best parts of Abuja.

Abeg we all love our country so lets like you said ' not over flog this issue ' but lets have mutual respect for both NINs and NIDs.

Bragging about ones status in the midst of abject misery and poverty is not a positive to be congratulated on, rather it depicts the sorry state of Nigeria as a country.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 24, 2010
Abeg we all love our country so lets like you said ' not over flog this issue ' but lets have mutual respect for both NINs and NIDs

Cool, i like this.
Even though i was a NID can i call mine diaspora?, today i'm glad to be a NIN
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 12:47am On Mar 24, 2010
frosbel:

Is it Peckham, or Brixton or should we say[b] Hull[/b], that despite their poor reputation boast of better infrastructure and ammenities than the best parts of Abuja.

Abeg we all love our country so lets like you said ' not over flog this issue ' but lets have mutual respect for both NINs and NIDs.

Bragging about ones status in the midst of abject misery and poverty is not a positive to be congratulated on, rather it depicts the sorry state of Nigeria as a country.

Yepa . . . I don die
Na me you dey yab like this?? grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by TOPE20001(f): 12:48am On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

Yepa . . . I don die

hehehehe tongue cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 24, 2010
TOPE2000!:

hehehehe tongue cheesy
eldee:

Yepa . . . I don die

lol, grin grin grin grin grin

You know what I mean now, by Oyinbo man standards it has a poor reputation even though there are good roads, hospitals, schools etc etc. For us na Ikoyi. grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by eldee(m): 12:53am On Mar 24, 2010
frosbel:

lol, grin grin grin grin grin

You know what I mean now, by Oyinbo man standards it has a poor reputation even though there are good roads, hospitals, schools etc etc. For us na Ikoyi. grin

Actually, I live in Gilberdyke not really Hull. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 12:55am On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

Chei!! Don't deny your hood bro. . . . represent! grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 12:56am On Mar 24, 2010
frosbel:

Is it Peckham, or Brixton or should we say Hull, that despite their poor reputation boast of better infrastructure and ammenities than the best parts of Abuja.

Bragging about ones status in the midst of abject misery and poverty is not a positive to be congratulated on, rather is depicts the sorry state of Nigeria as a country.

Exactly n na the same ppl dey see wo be local champion. From 5yrds of lace for 100k,  ibo traders who hangtheir pants on their weist to making mad money. ya all can see what kind of problems most of em got. May God help Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

In Yorkshire ? Ol boy thats even worse ooo, lol.  grin grin grin

Just joking , its a nice village i guess.

Anyway  good night all, work awaits am.

Lets pray for Nigeria before we rest our heads tonight, wink
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 2:39am On Mar 24, 2010
16 Pages shocked shocked

Lol BlueDiva Im glad you are doing well but like I said before its not right that you are either Rich or you are poor

They dash contracts like I dont know what undecided

They spend money like water, but yet nothing actually changes in nigeria

Yes money is great! Making money is good, but I still perfer here.

Blue- Last Jan my Cousin passed.
He was making millions working for shell
Buying Jeeps left and right, when I came home, he just bought a brand new SUV
and was toting me around my village.
We made plans so he could show me around in PH

He got sick
Died in 3 days, from a preventable disease, what kind of life is that?
You may be rich as hell, but life security is squat to none.
It bothers me to be rich lving in such poverty.

cry
Id rather be comforable making 200K than to be making 2M and not know if im safe of not undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 24, 2010
^^^
Somebody has to repair naija.
The whites repaired theirs that's why you're there today.

I love this quote 'the monkey and the gorrila may claim oneness, but the monkey is still a monkey and the gorrila is still a  gorrilla'.

No matter how you like the West, it still ain't yours. We all need to make Naija work together.

Sorry about your uncle, we have good hospitals here, it sure ain't that bad.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 6:50am On Mar 24, 2010
@bluediva
Where land dey for ketu? except you want to buy other people's home.

There are lands in other parts of Lagos, just ignore the island for now, that place is not advisable (IMO) because the sea's not joking oo.

@chimp

Which mouth you wan take send you driver? your mouth go don dey carved out by the abokis by the time you're through with the assignments.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 7:49am On Mar 24, 2010
@Plat

No one is saying you should leave your good life overthere for a backward country like Nigeria, all we are saying is that, you and some others might decide to concentrate on the backward sides of Nigeria, but there are some who prefer to dwell on the progressive part of Nigeria and are doing quite well.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 9:28am On Mar 24, 2010
@blue- thanks but i feel as long as I pay taxes and earn my keep this place is good as mine.

good hospitals? which one did yadua check into
@honeric- please stop joking. After 50 years Nigeria is progressing for where? lets no go into this debate, too many threads on Nairaland already.

there is absoutly no accountability nor a sense of responsiblity in that country simple.
yes open a business and run a gen for life but NOT everyone is the business kind.

a peace of mind to me is worth its weight in gold. I go to Lagos and see those white ppl in the airport looking so paranoid lmao.

Nigeria does not offer opportunties for studious people. a guy here makes 80k working for nasa, he does not have to own his own business and im pretty sure hes just fine
my sister is Not the business person at all 100k after she finish school
can Nigeria offer that? not in their dreams. too busy focused on themselves and immediate sources of income.

quality over quantity
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Abygul(f): 10:06am On Mar 24, 2010
ther u go again av bein in and out of the country so i guess i knw wat it looks like to work back dere in d uk tax won kill u xcept u av to use som1 elses passport to secure a job would get any .can u imagin u guys are not proud of ur country shame on u all.omo otoko wa bale je, undecided
eldee:

Hehehe . . . You know the place jare.
The Chevron Staff Estate . . . grin grin

It's a really nice place though . . . London's hard work.

Funny thing is . . . I was there when they got the seat.
They all seemed nice till I saw it on TV that they voted BNP. grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by honeric01(m): 10:13am On Mar 24, 2010
platinumnk:

@honeric- please stop joking. After 50 years Nigeria is progressing for where? lets no go into this debate, too many threads on Nairaland already.

there is absoutly no accountability nor a sense of responsiblity in that country simple.
yes open a business and run a gen for life but NOT everyone is the business kind.

u aint getting my point, see if ppl would stay in Iraq in the midst of security threat, why not Nigeria? what i'm saying is that the economy is a very lucrative aspect of Nigeria and those who understands that department would in no way trade it for us/uk visas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

5 Simple Goals You Can Still Achieve This Year / How Do You Control Your Anger When Seriously Provoked? / Fingering And Masterbation: Cons And Pros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.