Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? (14408 Views)

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? / An Easy Way To Remember God's Commandments / If Reincarnation Is Not True, Why Do Some People Remember Their Past Lives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Go back and read my comment again bro

I've read it again twice sir.

And I ask again, Are u an Athiest bro?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 10:47am On Dec 03, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I've read it again twice sir.

And I ask again, Are u an Athiest bro?
No I'm not.. I said even our so called Atheists always remember God when their logic fails them. I know they will surely attack me for that comment cheesy

How does that make me an atheist bro ? cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Billygee2u: 10:48am On Dec 03, 2017
Zionista:

Psalm 50:15

"and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
Psalm 91:15 too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's the way it has been and that's the way it will always be. Even our so called Atheists remember God when there's no other place to find solution to their problems.

This reminds when me and my course mate (an atheist) were traveling from school when the tire busted and the driver lost control, my friend was the first to shout "Jesus" and I couldn't believe my eyes ooo
Do you know what an instinctive action is? He was probably shouting "Jesus" in situations like that when he was a theist so such habit would be difficult to lose.

Same way most people would instinctively jump at the sight of a rat, despite the foreknowledge that the rat is rather running from them instead of hurting them.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 03, 2017
when do you remember to cook or enter the kitchen? is it not when you are hungry
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by albacete(m): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
No I'm not.. I said even our so called Atheists always remember God when their logic fails them. I know they sure will surely attack me for that comment

They've started already.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by mmsen: 10:52am On Dec 03, 2017
What are you talking about OP?

People lavish all that money on their charlatan pastors in good times.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Billygee2u: 10:52am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's the way it has been and that's the way it will always be. Even our so called Atheists remember God when there's no other place to find solution to their problems.

This reminds when me and my course mate (an atheist) were traveling from school when the tire busted and the driver lost control, my friend was the first to shout "Jesus" and I couldn't believe my eyes ooo
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 03, 2017
Where is Nnamdi Kanu, like play like play this matter go die down, why no IPOB activities again,i cannot get Radio biafra again, what is going on?

Operation python dance was successful with IPOB but refuse to dance against police and powerholding. They should come back with the dance and focus police who align with robbers and kidnappers,and powerholding who collect bribe from customers to give them constant power.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by greatiyk4u(m): 10:55am On Dec 03, 2017
even God said call me in the days of trouble and i say i will deliver you
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by famiebee(f): 10:55am On Dec 03, 2017
God himself said call on me ye that labour and with heavy loads and I will give you rest
Besides he never complained or cast us away that we remember him in times of troubles
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by ugolinze123(m): 10:56am On Dec 03, 2017
sorry for being rude in advance....ur question is a fuulish question u knw why, reasons are not far fetched...have u asked ur self why u always run home after the days hustle, thats bcus there is no place like home....thats where u have comfort, peace of mind. Same is apply to us wen we run from one juju house to the oda, one fake prophet to the oda in search of a solutn to our problems and wen dose starts to backfire at us we immediately run back home to him cus thats where there is comfort, peace of mind....and u know the best part....his always there waiting to recieve and solve our problems immediately we turn to him. Happy sunday all
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hopefulLandlord: 10:57am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
No I'm not.. I said even our so called Atheists always remember God when their logic fails them. I know they l will surely attack me for that comment cheesy

I've edited my post in which I quoted you
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 10:58am On Dec 03, 2017
albacete:

They've started already.
They will bring down my head cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by albacete(m): 10:58am On Dec 03, 2017
Hozier:
Do you know what an instinctive action is? He was probably shouting "Jesus" in situations like that when he was a theist so such habit would be difficult to lose.

Same way most people would instinctively jump at the sight of a rat, despite the foreknowledge that the rat is rather running from them instead of hurting them.

So we can safely assume that he was a Christian before losing it. Else he would have looked for another exclamation.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:
Why is it that People tends to remember God when in trouble, but forget Him in Good Time?

Because problems are engineered by the universe to make you remember to seek who your Soul Creator is, as well as the purpose of your existence.

Without knowing the Programmer that designed, engineered your being, you will continue to suffer physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

For Ye Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth shall set you free.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 03, 2017
albacete:

So we can safely assume that he was a Christian before losing it. Else he would have looked for another exclamation.

Obviously. Do you think a Chinese or an Indian will shout "Jesus" if faced with similar situation?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Richardabbey(m): 11:03am On Dec 03, 2017
undecided So Na Ur Name Make I Remember If Boys Dey Pursue Me Wit Cutlass
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by infogenius(m): 11:03am On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:
Why is it that People tends to remember God when in trouble, but forget Him in Good Time?
Because He is an ever present help in times of Need.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 11:04am On Dec 03, 2017
Hozier:

Don't deceive yourself bro.. No be today Atheists don dey repent when logic can no longer deliver them from their mysteries cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Don't deceive yourself bro.. No be today Atheists don dey repent when logic can no longer deliver them from their mysteries cheesy
Same way no be today theist have been turning atheist when faith seems to be making no sense again.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Fingerprinter(m): 11:08am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Go back and read my comment again bro
He doesn't need to reread your statement. He is only concerned that you are not an atheist, yet you are speaking on behalf of atheists

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by theo1477(m): 11:08am On Dec 03, 2017
God dai call upon me in the time of trouble, so what next
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 11:09am On Dec 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Shouting "Jesus" can just be involuntary brought about by years of indoctrination, he's most likely lived most of his life shouting "Jesus" during trouble thatver called on any god but the car stopped just in time not to hit me; I'm sure there are many atheists like me who don't call on any god when in trouble so its definitely fallacy of composition to generalise by saying atheists call on god when in touble
Hmmm! This guy sha cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 11:11am On Dec 03, 2017
Fingerprinter:

He doesn't need to reread your statement. He is only concerned that you are not an atheist, yet you are speaking on behalf of atheists
I guess he doesn't believe Athiests call on Jesus when there's no other way out cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Fingerprinter(m): 11:12am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
I guess he doesn't believe Athiests call on Jesus when there's no other way out cheesy
People have answered you regarding that.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 03, 2017
Because our subconscious know God truly exist, its our body fighting it because of the worldly things our body is attracted to
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by themonk(m): 11:17am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is the the problem with religious people, even after the logical explanation hozier and hopefullandlord gave to you, you still couldn't counter any of them with solid reasoning.
The same way freeze even proved tithing wrong from your own religious bible and some people attack his person instead of the logic he brought forward.

Is it that you guys are not capable of logic or good reasoning? I dont just understand. cry

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by omoadeleye(m): 11:20am On Dec 03, 2017
Same way you remember food when you are hungry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? / Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.