Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? (14412 Views)

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? / An Easy Way To Remember God's Commandments / If Reincarnation Is Not True, Why Do Some People Remember Their Past Lives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by enemyofprogress: 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Before nko na lala you want make dem remember?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol grin grin grin grin
Good question grin

People are really funny. The same old testament that pastor will use to extort the gullibles in the name of tithe. He will quote other sweet verses from there and ignore the rest and people will only nod their heads like agama lizards without asking any question
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Neozy(m): 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's the way it has been and that's the way it will always be. Even our so called Atheists remember God when there's no other place to find solution to their problems.

This reminds when me and my course mate (an atheist) were traveling from school when the tire busted and the driver lost control, my friend was the first to shout "Jesus" and I couldn't believe my eyes ooo.

I have seen atheists who call pastors to pray for them, they confess their sins and give their life to Christ so that they can make it to heaven peradventure if they die
cheesy
Those so called atheist know within themselves that there is God, they just like to be decieveing themselves.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
I don't know what mind or intent the person who asked this has but if he's a Christian and has Good intents this the answer :::

To me personally itat not a big deal to remember God when in trouble .
..... GOD DOES ALLOW TROUBLE TO DRAW US CLOSER SINCE THATS WHAT NEVER DO EELL HUMANS LIKE US UNDERSTAND

Don't be depressed if you remember God in times of trouble instead rejoice and run to him (may God help us )
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Dboyz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Shouting "Jesus" can just be involuntary brought about by years of indoctrination, he's most likely lived most of his life shouting "Jesus" during trouble that his subconscious automatically makes the mouth shout it with no conscious effort from him just like a former Muslim turned Christian can shout Lailailalau (don't know if that's the correct spelling) and a former Christian turned Muslim can shout "Jesus"

It could also be that he's in habit of using Jesus during regular conversations as exclamation and this has pasted the name in his subconscious, people blurt out "Sh.it!" "Fork" during trouble too but I doubt they're calling their waste product or sex to rise up and save them

it should also be pointed out that people are not themselves when they're being traumatized, or when their brains are in the process of shutting down, or they are being pumped full of drugs. These are the same kinds of events that cause PTSD. They don't reveal a person's "true self". They "distort", or sometimes even "completely destroy" it

I've been an atheist for most of my life and I've never called on any imaginary god when sheet hits the fan, I almost lost my life some months back after being temporarily paralysed from being hit by a power bike, while laying there unable to move, a car was barrelling down upon me and I never called on any god but the car stopped just in time not to hit me; I'm sure there are many atheists like me who don't call on any god when in trouble so its definitely fallacy of composition to generalise by saying atheists call on god when in touble

Well done ...o
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hopefulLandlord: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
Neozy:

Those so called atheist know within themselves that there is God, they just like to be decieveing themselves.
Those so called theists know within themselves that there is no God, they just like to be decieveing themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
Etuagievin:
Grow up not believing or serving God?. Your Philosophical reasoning is not tenable enough. Abundant evidences butress the existence of God. The question of weather or not to serve him is entirely your choice.

Yeah. Indeed

There is one god but there are over 4,000 religions

See how you think undecided
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hopefulLandlord: 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
Dboyz:

Well done ...o
is that a compliment?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
400billionman:

Oh man, there is God.

You will seek God in the next one month.

I don't need to. I know where god is

In my trash smiley
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
crownedrookie:

God is real. You are just too blinded by the religion all round you to see.
By the way, religion is also a way to link to God too, though it often causes more harm than good

Lol. But I am not too blinded by religion to see the sun is real abi? Mtcheww
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hopefulLandlord: 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
Etuagievin:
Grow up not believing or serving God?. Your Philosophical reasoning is not tenable enough. Abundant evidences butress the existence of God. The question of weather or not to serve him is entirely your choice.

let's hear those "abundant evidences that buttress the existence of god"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Mike008(m): 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

The answer is simple. God is nothing more than a psychological cushion humans use to face the harsh realities that life offers us and even though it is not real we still like to hold on to the fact that, because it is comforting, there is someone somewhere who is powerful enough to solve our problems with one word

Humans are really emotional beings and it is easier to rely on wishful thinking than to face reality and choose to be more responsible for our actions.

The same reason why people remember god during times of hardship is the same reason why they blame "the devil" when the do something wrong or when things do not go according to how they plan

People really need to grow up

From a very atheistic point of view.
Believe it or not, there is a God and when people call of Him, they count on his omnipotence, where mortal might cannot be counted on.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2017

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hfeetham0(f): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2017

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mike008:

From a very atheistic point of view.
Believe it or not, there is a God and when people call of Him, they count on his omnipotence, where mortal might cannot be counted on.

They count on it's omnipotence but get it's incompetence and non existence undecided
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by 0temSapien: 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's the way it has been and that's the way it will always be. Even our so called Atheists remember God when there's no other place to find solution to their problems.

This reminds when me and my course mate (an atheist) were traveling from school when the tire busted and the driver lost control, my friend was the first to shout "Jesus" and I couldn't believe my eyes ooo.

I have seen atheists who call pastors to pray for them, they confess their sins and give their life to Christ so that they can make it to heaven peradventure if they die
cheesy
I don't think your friend is an atheist. Probably he is agnostic.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
0temSapien:
I don't think your friend is an atheist. Probably he is agnostic.
You think so?

He not an agnostic but a chronic atheist [/i] cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

Lol. But I am not too blinded by religion to see the sun is real abi? Mtcheww
Nobody told you God was visible, stupid. More so, does religion in anyway claim to validate the existence of the sun? How does this your comment make sense to you? Is aids real? Is LIFE real? How come emotions have so much effect on us? Ever seen anger? Love? Rage? What about subatomic particles? Real? There is so much your tiny misguided nairaland atheist brain cannot comprehend little man. God is real, you just dont know where to look because you are myopic sighted due to what the religion you hate has done to you. Now go ahead and "Mtcheeew" at your obstinate ignorance some more

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by 0temSapien: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
You think so?

He not an agnostic but a chronic atheist [/i] cheesy
Is he still an atheist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? / Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.