Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,070 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? (14416 Views)

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? / An Easy Way To Remember God's Commandments / If Reincarnation Is Not True, Why Do Some People Remember Their Past Lives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
0temSapien:

Is he still an atheist?
That was way back in school but I don't know about now
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
crownedrookie:

Nobody told you God was visible, stupid. More so, does religion in anyway claim to validate the existence of the sun? How does this your comment make sense to you? Is aids real? Is LIFE real? How come emotions have so much effect on us? Ever seen anger? Love? Rage? What about subatomic particles? Real? There is so much your tiny misguided nairaland atheist brain cannot comprehend little man. God is real, you just dont know where to look because you are myopic sighted due to what the religion you hate has done to you. Now go ahead and "Mtcheeew" at your obstinate ignorance some more
You're one hell of a funny dude. I couldn't even hold my laughter when reading your comment cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by 0temSapien: 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
That was way back in school but I don't know about now
okay, that's life for you. People convert from one belief to another, but it is not to generalise that everybody behaves the same way when they convert.
Take for example, since I stopped doing beliefs and became Otem, I have never remembered to call the name of Jesus for anything because it doesn't affect anything. I have been faced with near-death more than five times since I left Christianity early last year, but in all these times, I don't call Jesus or any name to save myself because I know that my mission on earth isn't complete yet, so I can't die before my time.
So don't generalise that for an atheist to call Jesus when his vehicle shook, all atheists do the same. You have to locate five or six more atheists and examine their reactions to such situations before you can even think of accepting it as a fact, rather than just arriving at a conclusion by the deed of one atheist.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Those so called theists know within themselves that there is no God, they just like to be decieveing themselves.
Una don Kuku take over this section and we don leave am for una cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
0temSapien:
okay, that's life for you. People convert from one belief to another, but it is not to generalise that everybody behaves the same way when they convert.
Take for example, since I stopped doing beliefs and became Otem, I have never remembered to call the name of Jesus for anything because it doesn't affect anything. I have been faced with near-death more than five times since I left Christianity early last year, but in all these times, I don't call Jesus or any name to save myself because I know that my mission on earth isn't complete yet, so I can't die before my time.
So don't generalise that for an atheist to call Jesus when his vehicle shook, all atheists do the same. You have to locate five or six more atheists and examine their reactions to such situations before you can even think of accepting it as a fact, rather than just arriving at a conclusion by the deed of one atheist.
Okay I get you but have you ever thought of this? What is God truly exists and I have been wrong?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
Neozy:

Those so called atheist know within themselves that there is God, they just like to be decieveing themselves.
Do you know that both Athiests and theists might even be wrong at the end of the day?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by 0temSapien: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Okay I get you but have you ever thought of this? What is God truly exists and I have been wrong?

I am not an atheist and I know God Almighty exists, but not any of these small gods like Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Olorun, Chukwu, Abassi, Odin, Vishnu, Enlil, Mazda, Enki, Eshu, Nzame, Nyame, Baalim, Ekron etc whom the people of the world since time immemorial have been worshipping as God.

God is not just a higher being with a head, a mouth, two legs, etc as people think of their gods to be, but God is everything and we are all parts of this God and we manifest God.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
0temSapien:

I am not an atheist and I know God Almighty exists, but not any of these small gods like Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Olorun, Chukwu, Abassi, Odin, Vishnu, Enlil, Mazda, Enki, Eshu, Nzame, Nyame, Baalim, Ekron etc whom the people of the world since time immemorial have been worshipping as God.

God is not just a higher being with a head, a mouth, two legs, etc as people think of their gods to be, but God is everything and we are all parts of this God and we manifest God.
May God bless you for this comment

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

So said the slave of the gods of his slave masters grin
cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hopefulLandlord: 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Una don Kuku take over this section and we don leave am for una cheesy
grin
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by gentle007(m): 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
PSALM 50: 15

and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by MicroBox: 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

The answer is simple. God is nothing more than a psychological cushion humans use to face the harsh realities that life offers us and even though it is not real we still like to hold on to the fact that, because it is comforting, there is someone somewhere who is powerful enough to solve our problems with one word

Humans are really emotional beings and it is easier to rely on wishful thinking than to face reality and choose to be more responsible for our actions.

The same reason why people remember god during times of hardship is the same reason why they blame "the devil" when the do something wrong or when things do not go according to how they plan

People really need to grow up

You need to understand what is Religion before thinking you know it all..
All you've stated in your post is just common sense. If you believe there is black magic, Effigy and Supernatural then without doubt, existence of God should not be negotiable.
Obligatory prayer (Salat) in Islam is a must either you are sick, very sick, healthy or not.
Dua (Invocation) and praises is your decision to make.
I see every atheist as a lazy brat,
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
crownedrookie:

Nobody told you God was visible, stupid.

So you are proud to worship something "invincible"? Stupid undecided

More so, does religion in anyway claim to validate the existence of the sun?

You are just too dumb to understand. People actually did worship the sun in a certain time during history. What I actually meant was, if we do not argue the existence of the sun why should we argue the existence of a god is it is so important to us? Why is your god playing hide and seek? undecided

How does this your comment make sense to you? Is aids real? Is LIFE real? How come emotions have so much effect on us? Ever seen anger? Love? Rage? What about subatomic particles? Real?

Are you comparing emotions to a supreme being? You theists sure do know how to make your god petty and trivial undecided

There is so much your tiny misguided nairaland atheist brain cannot comprehend little man. God is real, you just dont know where to look because you are myopic sighted due to what the religion you hate has done to you. Now go ahead and "Mtcheeew" at your obstinate ignorance some more

Your god is only one out of many and people who serve the other gods disagree of it's existence. Argue with them before you argue with an atheist

smiley
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
MicroBox:

You need to understand what is Religion before thinking you know it all..

It is the excuse to serve an imaginary being just so you have an excuse for a public holiday

All you've stated in your post is just common sense. If you believe there is black magic, Effigy and Supernatural then without doubt, existence of God should not be negotiable.

I don't believe in all that nonsense either

Obligatory prayer (Salat) in Islam is a must either you are sick, very sick, healthy or not.

Then why haven't you gone to heal people at igbobi or found a cure to aids? undecided

Dua (Invocation) and praises is your decision to make.

But in your case you were taught to do so by your ancestors who were forced to do so by their slave masters

I see every atheist as a lazy brat,

And I see every muslim as a potential terrorist.

You are the bomb bro wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by kevoh(m): 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

Chei, see punchline! grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hopefulLandlord: 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hahn is taking no prisoners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by 1Sharon(f): 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Do you know that both Athiests and theists might even be wrong at the end of the day?

Who will be right then?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hopefulLandlord: 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
sirfee:
grin Pastafarian you are sighted.
may his noodly appendage keep touching you, R'Amen

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
1Sharon:

Who will be right then?
That's what I'm trying to say. It's a two way thing but if one would be right, it will definitely be theists cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

It is the excuse to serve an imaginary being just so you have an excuse for a public holiday

I don't believe in all that nonsense either

Then why haven't you gone to heal people at igbobi or found a cure to aids? undecided

But in your case you were taught to do so by your ancestors who were forced to do so by their slave masters

Bruh! � cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Neozy(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
I know that there is a creator.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by 1Sharon(f): 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's what I'm trying to say. It's a two way thing but if one would be right, it will definitely be theists cheesy

Which religion will be right since there are so many religions?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
1Sharon:

Which religion will be right since there are so many religions?
Christianity of course
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

Bruh! � cheesy

cheesy grin
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Christianity of course

Lol. And you say that because......? grin
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Hosywhite(f): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
God is the only one,that can help us..He said in His word,call me in time of trouble and I will answer.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

Lol. And you say that because......? grin
This man don find me come here again cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
This man don find me come here again cheesy

cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hosywhite:
God is the only one,that can help us..He said in His word,call me in time of trouble and I will answer.

About 2,000 children die from malaria daily

Your god is a big failure undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by cnonyechi(f): 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
Who should we look up to u.[url][/url]
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Omooba77: 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

About 2,000 children die from malaria daily

Your god is a big failure undecided
God can never be a failure, even when David's Son died,he acknowledge Sovereignth of God
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:

God can never be a failure, even when David's Son died,he acknowledge Sovereignth of God

Celebrating mediocrity on the same level with excellence is pure stupidity. David was obviously a dunce and god is still incompetent and a grand failure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? / Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? / Obadare Died After Three-day Revival Programme – Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.