Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? (14415 Views)

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? / An Easy Way To Remember God's Commandments / If Reincarnation Is Not True, Why Do Some People Remember Their Past Lives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2017
themonk:

This is the the problem with religious people, even after the logical explanation hozier and hopefullandlord gave to you, you still couldn't counter any of them with solid reasoning.
The same way freeze even proved tithing wrong from your own religious bible and some people attack his person instead of the logic he brought forward.

Is it that you guys are not capable of logic or good reasoning? I dont just understand. cry
This is not the matter of anyone being void of logical reasoning sir.. He said Atheists may shout the word "Jesus" in their subconscious state not because they believe it will save them from dangers but because their minds have already been accustomed to saying things like that probably when they were still theists which might be hard to do away with.

What you have failed to understand is that, would you deny the fact that many people are fond of calling pastors to pray for them, repent and confess their sins when on their dying bed?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Pataricatering(f): 11:24am On Dec 03, 2017
I and my sister are atheists and we still say things like thank God , God forbid etc not because we believe but because we were religious types for the first 30 years of our lives and these exclamations became habit ! I won’t change my vocabulary because I don’t believe in God anymore - that would be silly !
tosyne2much:
That's the way it has been and that's the way it will always be. Even our so called Atheists remember God when there's no other place to find solution to their problems.

This reminds when me and my course mate (an atheist) were traveling from school when the tire busted and the driver lost control, my friend was the first to shout "Jesus" and I couldn't believe my eyes ooo.

I have seen atheists who call pastors to pray for them, they confess their sins and give their life to Christ so that they can make it to heaven peradventure if they die
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by FBIL: 11:24am On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

The answer is simple. God is nothing more than a psychological cushion humans use to face the harsh realities that life offers us and even though it is not real we still like to hold on to the fact that, because it is comforting, there is someone somewhere who is powerful enough to solve our problems with one word

Humans are really emotional being and it is easier to rely on wishful thinking than to face reality and choose to be more responsible for our actions.

The same reason why people remember god during times of hardship is the same reason why they blame "the devil" when the do something wrong or when things do not go according to how they plan

People really need to grow up

The national slogan for North America is ''IN GOD WE TRUST''. If no U.S. president has ever deemed it necessary to change that slogan, then God exists. You may not have encountered how Powerful God is and his real existence because you may not have had an issue that defied human solution (I don't pray you have), but how can you describe a situation where ''one Taye (surname withheld) from Osun state,working in Lagos as Custom officer was sacked and came to join a Church congregation of more than 1000 people in Anambra state. The man of God prayed and sang for over 5 hours. While in the spiritual realm, he called out Taye to tell secrets that Taye had never revealed to anybody. He said ''Taye, you'd tried severally to see Pastor TB Joshua but couldn't, Taye said Yes sir. He told him that he and his boss confiscated a trailer load of rice and groundnut oil, collected #150,000 from the owner, marked it released yet didn't release but sold it. The owner eventually wrote a petition to Customs HQs but could not get help. Out of frustration, he moved to Niger state where he's a fisherman. The same man of God told him to sell those latest model RAV 4, BMW and LEXUS in his compound, that he also confiscated them from smugglers. That if he sells them, he should use the proceeds to settle that man he impounded and sold his rice, and that 1 week, just 1 week, if he's not called back, then God doesn't exist. Taye said he didn't know how to reach the rice owner but the man of God told him to search for his application, that his contact is below his signature. The man of God warned Taye to tell his boss (when called back) that he'd never join in impounding people's goods. That if his boss punished Taye for repenting, his boss would be demoted. This is spirit working and God is spirit. Over 50 persons were called out and many had their personal secrets unknown to their wives, made open. The place has no respect for sinners! You can call it ''scam'' but I don't pray you have an issue that would compel you to seek HIM.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by xtenxive(m): 11:26am On Dec 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Interesting question, the poster below me has said it all

Also, I dedicate this FTC to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the one true God that created everything

Same reason why you remember food when you are hungry or remember your bed & your home when you need rest.
The reasons are obvious.
Relating with God is a conscious effort, it doesn't happen naturally. its a decision.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Owodiran1(m): 11:27am On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:
Why is it that People tends to remember God when in trouble, but forget Him in Good Time?
because we are all human beings. We are weak.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by themonk(m): 11:27am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is not the matter of logic reasoning sir.. He said Atheists might shout the word "Jesus" in their subconscious state not because they believe it will save them from dangers but because their minds have already been accustomed to saying things like that probably when they were still theists which might be hard to do away with.

What you have failed to understand is that, would you be u deny the fact that many people are fond of calling pastors to pray for them, repent and confess their sins when on their dying bed?
I wouldnt doubt that many people call their pastors to pray for them in their death bed but i would contend that any atheist would call a pastor to pray for him/her in his/her death bed. Reason being that doing that defeats your label as an atheist.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hopefulLandlord: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is not the matter of anyone being void of logical reasoning sir.. He said Atheists may shout the word "Jesus" in their subconscious state not because they believe it will save them from dangers but because their minds have already been accustomed to saying things like that probably when they were still theists which might be hard to do away with.

What you have failed to understand is that, would you deny the fact that many people are fond of calling pastors to pray for them, repent and confess their sins when on their dying bed?

"Many People" = Atheists?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 11:28am On Dec 03, 2017
Pataricatering:
I and my sister are atheists and we still say things like thank God , God forbid etc not because we believe but because we were religious tipis for the first 30 years of our lives and these exclamations became habit ! I won’t change my vocabulary because I don’t believe in God anymore - that would be silly !
It means you're still sitting on the fence cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
No I'm not.. I said even our so called Atheists always remember God when their logic fails them. I know they will surely attack me for that comment cheesy

How does that make me an atheist bro ? cheesy

"" I said even our so called Atheists always remember God when their logic fails them""

How did u know that Atheist remember God wen their logic fails them............. I'm saying it because only An Atheists can answer that or say the above.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:

Same way many people also lose faith in God or any supernatural being on their dying bed too when it seems obvious their faith won't be able to save them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 11:29am On Dec 03, 2017
thesicilian:

I stopped reading here:

When I should have actually stopped here:

And really no one cares undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Omooba77: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

The answer is simple. God is nothing more than a psychological cushion humans use to face the harsh realities that life offers us and even though it is not real we still like to hold on to the fact that, because it is comforting, there is someone somewhere who is powerful enough to solve our problems with one word

Humans are really emotional being and it is easier to rely on wishful thinking than to face reality and choose to be more responsible for our actions.

The same reason why people remember god during times of hardship is the same reason why they blame "the devil" when the do something wrong or when things do not go according to how they plan

People really need to grow up

Be unto you according to your faith
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Pataricatering(f): 11:31am On Dec 03, 2017
Ehn he most likely was a Christian- many atheists were previously Christian before they jumped ed ship when I t didnt make sense to them
Anymore
albacete:

So we can safely assume that he was a Christian before losing it. Else he would have looked for another exclamation.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by olawamide042(m): 11:32am On Dec 03, 2017
Are you people not suppose to be in church now...
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by themonk(m): 11:33am On Dec 03, 2017
Pataricatering:
I and my sister are atheists and we still say things like thank God , God forbid etc not because we believe but because we were religious types for the first 30 years of our lives and these exclamations became habit ! I won’t change my vocabulary because I don’t believe in God anymore - that would be silly !
You dont need to explain further to him, the part of his brain that should understand what you are saying is either permanently shut down, non-existent or obliterated. You can see that his interpretation of what you said is that "you are sitting on the fence"

Its very tasking to reason with most of them, i salute people on nairaland who even engage in argument with them everytime.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by juman(m): 11:34am On Dec 03, 2017
We call to God the Almighty, this one nigeria is wrong and suffocating.

One nigeria is bad for us.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 11:34am On Dec 03, 2017
Hozier:
Same way many people also lose faith in God or any supernatural being on their dying bed too when it seems obvious their faith won't be able to save them.
I know it goes either way cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by talk2percy(m): 11:35am On Dec 03, 2017
Because the bible said we should call upon God in the days of trouble that he will answer..is it clear to u now?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 03, 2017
www1.cbn.com/teaching/comfort-times-trouble

What does God promise his people? Relief from
all troubles in the next world, relief from some
troubles in this life. Faithful people throughout
the centuries witness to dramatic deliverances
from sickness, from financial woes, from all
manner of troubles. Flesh-and-blood human
beings have testified to miracles. They happen.
But not always. Sometimes we aren't relieved by
God. Sometimes we merely endure. This isn't
such a bad thing. We are never nearer to God
than when we are troubled. In times of comfort
and ease we forget him. In the worst of times,
we suddenly remember, "Ah, what if I asked God
for help?" Sometimes the answer is the help we
pray for. Sometimes the answer is "Lean on me,
and you will survive and thrive."

Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire
you more than anything on earth. My
health may fail, and my spirit may grow
weak, but God remains the strength of my
heart; he is mine forever. Psalm 73:25-26

Remember your promise to me, for it is
my only hope. Your promise revives me; it
comforts me in all my troubles.
Psalm 119:50

The LORD is my shepherd; I have
everything I need. He lets me rest in green
meadows; he leads me beside peaceful
streams. He renews my strength. He
guides me along right paths, bringing
honor to his name.

Even when I walk through the dark valley
of death, I will not be afraid, for you are
close beside me. Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me. Psalm 23:1-4

The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my
savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find
protection. He is my shield, the strength
of my salvation, and my stronghold.
Psalm 18:2

Weeping may go on all night, but joy
comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5

God is our refuge and strength, always
ready to help in times of trouble. So we
will not fear, even if earthquakes come
and the mountains crumble into the sea.
Psalm 46:1-2

You have allowed me to suffer much
hardship, but you will restore me to life
again and lift me up from the depths of
the earth. Psalm 71:20

The LORD is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who
fear him. Psalm 103:13

Those who plant in tears will harvest with
shouts of joy. They weep as they go to
plant their seed, but they sing as they
return with the harvest. Psalm 126:5

He heals the brokenhearted, binding up
their wounds. Psalm 147:3

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not
be dismayed, for I am your God. I will
strengthen you. I will help you. I will
uphold you with my victorious right
hand." Isaiah 41:10

"When you go through deep waters and
great trouble, I will be with you. When you
go through rivers of difficulty, you will not
drown! When you walk through the fire of
oppression, you will not be burned up; the
flames will not consume you. For I am the
LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel,
your Savior." Isaiah 43:2

"God blesses those who mourn, for they
will be comforted.

"God blesses those who are persecuted
because they live for God, for the Kingdom
of Heaven is theirs.

"God blesses you when you are mocked
and persecuted and lied about because
you are my followers. "Be happy about it!
Be very glad! For a great reward awaits
you in heaven. And remember, the ancient
prophets were persecuted, too."
Matthew 5:4, 10-12

"Not even a sparrow, worth less than a
penny, can fall to the ground without your
Father knowing it. And the very hairs of
your head are all numbered. So don't be
afraid; you are more valuable to him than
a whole flock of sparrows."
Matthew 10:29-31

Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who
are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I
will give you rest. Take my yoke upon
you. Let me teach you, because I am
humble and gentle, and you will find rest
for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly,
and the burden I give you is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

We are pressed on every side by troubles,
but we are not crushed and broken. We
are perplexed, but we don't give up and
quit.

That is why we never give up. Though our
bodies are dying, our spirits are being
renewed every day. For our present
troubles are quite small and won't last
very long. Yet they produce for us an
immeasurably great glory that will last
forever! 2 Corinthians 4:8, 16-17

The Book of God's Promises, © J. Stephen Lang.
All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by oruma19: 11:36am On Dec 03, 2017
Psalm 50:15 says so.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Dignity12clems: 11:36am On Dec 03, 2017
God is our helper, that is one reason we call on him when trouble comes. He is solutions provider
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 11:37am On Dec 03, 2017
PrecisionFx:

"" I said even our so called Atheists always remember God when their logic fails them""

How did u know that Atheist remember God wen their logic fails them............. I'm saying it because only An Atheists can answer that or say the above.
You're getting wrong bro... If I say "even our so called politicians are looters" does that make me a politician? cheesy

I know you're an atheist and you're trying to make me look foolish cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 11:40am On Dec 03, 2017
themonk:

You dont need to explain further to him, the part of his brain that should understand what you are saying is either permanently shut down, non-existent or obliterated. You can see that his interpretation of what you said is that "you are sitting on the fence"

Its very tasking to reason with most of them, i salute people on nairaland who even engage in argument with them everytime.
Hahaha.. We no dey fight bro so calm down cheesy

Isn't it funny that you don't believe in God but you can see a part of yourself calling his name in time of affliction?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by benzics(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:

Definitely not atheists!

I still exclaim "Jesus!", still say "Thank God o"(when asked questions like 'how work'), "God punish you" and I don't say any of those with reference to any 'God'.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2017
FBIL:

The national slogan for North America is ''IN GOD WE TRUST''. If no U.S. president has ever deemed it necessary to change that slogan, then God exists.

Lol. What a ridiculous assertion. Saudi Arabian kings worshiping Allah, consider Mohammed his prophet and disregard Jesus as the son of god for centuries. Why have you not done the same? undecided

[s]You may not have encountered how Powerful God is and his real existence because you may not have had an issue that defied human solution (I don't pray you have), but how can you describe a situation where ''one Taye (surname withheld) from Osun state,working in Lagos as Custom officer was sacked and came to join a Church congregation of more than 1000 people in Anambra state. The man of God prayed and sang for over 5 hours. While in the spiritual realm, he called out Taye to tell secrets that Taye had never revealed to anybody. He said ''Taye, you'd tried severally to see Pastor TB Joshua but couldn't, Taye said Yes sir. He told him that he and his boss confiscated a trailer load of rice and groundnut oil, collected #150,000 from the owner, marked it released yet didn't release but sold it. The owner eventually wrote a petition to Customs HQs but could not get help. Out of frustration, he moved to Niger state where he's a fisherman. The same man of God told him to sell those latest model RAV 4, BMW and LEXUS in his compound, that he also confiscated them from smugglers. That if he sells them, he should use the proceeds to settle that man he impounded and sold his rice, and that 1 week, just 1 week, if he's not called back, then God doesn't exist. Taye said he didn't know how to reach the rice owner but the man of God told him to search for his application, that his contact is below his signature. The man of God warned Taye to tell his boss (when called back) that he'd never join in impounding people's goods. That if his boss punished Taye for repenting, his boss would be demoted. This is spirit working and God is spirit. Over 50 persons were called out and many had their personal secrets unknown to their wives, made open. The place has no respect for sinners! You can call it ''scam'' but I don't pray you have an issue that would compel you to seek HIM.[/s]

Absolute nonsense undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by SpaceAngel: 11:43am On Dec 03, 2017
Because God is seen as last resort.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 11:43am On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:

Be unto you according to your faith

Do you have a better explanation or you stick to the nonsense comment above? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 11:44am On Dec 03, 2017
miqos02:
Did God complained to you?

Yes it is wondering where you were when your English teacher was teaching present and past tense undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2017
ugolinze123:
sorry for being rude in advance....ur question is a fuulish question u knw why, reasons are not far fetched...have u asked ur self why u always run home after the days hustle, thats bcus there is no place like home....thats where u have comfort, peace of mind. Same is apply to us wen we run from one juju house to the oda, one fake prophet to the oda in search of a solutn to our problems and wen dose starts to backfire at us we immediately run back home to him cus thats where there is comfort, peace of mind....and u know the best part....his always there waiting to recieve and solve our problems immediately we turn to him. Happy sunday all
Hahaha hahaha.. Very good analogy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by AgogNG: 11:46am On Dec 03, 2017
http://agog.ng/entertainment/review-progress-effiongs-miracle-worker/

Artiste – Progress

Song – Miracle Worker

Producer – Progress

Duration – 6:04

If you are a staunch listener of breathtaking gospel songs like me regardless of the genre, there is this special kind of feeling that would hit you the very moment the song ‘Miracle Worker’ comes on with the first few catchy liners;

‘’One million words can’t describe half of who you are

You are amazing, so amazing’’

‘’A thousand names can’t explain all of who you are’’

You are amazing, so amazing’’.

As you listen further, there’s this heavenly realm that would literally envelop your soul, you’d be left in awe. Another punchy line which means God’s glory (Chukwu Ebube) in igbo language hits you intensely again;

‘’Chukwu Ebube, Nobody can be like you

You are amazing God, wonderful is your name

Nnarekele, you are a faithful God, all of my praise to you

Wonderful is your name’’.

With real name Progress Effiong, the singer is touted as one of the most promising gospel singer from Akwa Ibom state. Miracle Worker, being his second official hit single for the year 2017, the singer did justice to his self-produced beat by bringing his A-game to the song.

With couple of hit singles to his credit; Ama, Amanam, Worship Medley and several other inspiring tunes, Progress doubles as a song writer and producer that is gradually becoming another contemporary Christian singer that will take Africa by storm in no distant time.

Sampling together elements such as; low key tempo beat, keyboard strings, acoustic strings, rendition of good back-up singers to complements the song, Miracle Worker is a sure hit song that can be best described as classic and timeless.

Miracle Worker carries fire, message of hope and fulfilment of God’s promise to the body of Christ. The song also reflects on the awesomeness of God’s love to mankind and a reassurance of the fact that God is super amazing, our healer and that there is none like him.

With such excellent delivery in the lyrics and vocals, you’d agree with me that this is another gospel hit that will cross the borders of Africa.

Ratings 9/10

Average
Worth Checking Out
Slow
Inspiring
Amazing
Perfection
Download Miracle Worker
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 03, 2017
Do you take HIV Aids drugs without being infected
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by cybercrackerftp(m): 11:47am On Dec 03, 2017
God said remember me in the days of trouble. God can give some1 trials just for him to remember him and call upon him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? / Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.