Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? (14406 Views)

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? / An Easy Way To Remember God's Commandments / If Reincarnation Is Not True, Why Do Some People Remember Their Past Lives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hopefulLandlord: 11:48am On Dec 03, 2017
FBIL:

The national slogan for North America is ''IN GOD WE TRUST''. If no U.S. president has ever deemed it necessary to change that slogan, then God exists.

Stop drinking the cool aid, the founding fathers were deists so when they mention "god" they're definitely not referring to bible god, infact if you read their full message you'll see that the "god" they're referring to is just a general/generic non personal god, that's why these assembled geniuses forgot to mention Abraham or Jesus in the entire document and why good old Ben Franklin told Jefferson to write "self-evident" instead of "sacred."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 11:48am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's the way it has been and that's the way it will always be. Even our so called Atheists remember God when there's no other place to find solution to their problems.

Absolute nonsense. It is just like me saying Christians remember Zeus in time of need or that Muslims call upon Harry Potter undecided

This reminds when me and my course mate (an atheist) were traveling from school when the tire busted and the driver lost control, my friend was the first to shout "Jesus" and I couldn't believe my eyes ooo.

So what? How many Christians have shouted Jesus before an accident and still died? Did Jesus do anything to save them? The people who died when that church collapsed were actively praying and singing to your imaginary friend. Did that stop them from dying? undecided

I have seen atheists who call pastors to pray for them, they confess their sins and give their life to Christ so that they can make it to heaven peradventure if they die cheesy

And I have seen Christians convert to Muslims. Do you have any point to make? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by sirfee(m): 11:49am On Dec 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Interesting question, the poster below me has said it all

Also, I dedicate this FTC to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the one true God that created everything
grin Pastafarian you are sighted.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by themonk(m): 11:51am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Hahaha.. We no dey fight bro so calm down cheesy

Isn't it funny that you don't believe in God but you can see a part of yourself calling his name in time of affliction?
I'm not an atheist. I'm agnostic, i believe there is a possiblity of a god and i also believe there is a possiblity of none.

Funny enough being an agnostic who even believes in the possiblity of a god, i cannot remember the last time i prayed even back then in the university when i was depressed at one time for so many months. I just knew it was life pushing me to figure out what was wrong and solve it. And i did figure it out and it worked. Most people do not want to think hard about their problems so they go the easy way which is praying and that provides psychological consolation but rarely solves the problem, in my experience never solves the problem.

Some people say prayers work for them, who am i to doubt them? Is it my experience? I do what works for me because i trust my experience more than that of people out there which may be lying to themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by AuroraB(f): 11:51am On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:
Why is it that People tends to remember God when in trouble, but forget Him in Good Time?
God complain give you undecided
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Lorbar(f): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2017
Hozier:

Obviously. Do you think a Chinese or an Indian will shout "Jesus" if faced with similar situation?
Have you been in a similar situation with a Chinese or an Indian to know what they'd have shouted?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 11:57am On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

Absolute nonsense. It is just like me saying Christians remember Zeus in time of need or that Muslims call upon Harry Potter undecided

So what? How many Christians have shouted Jesus before an accident and still died? Did Jesus do anything to save them? The people who died when that church collapsed were actively praying and singing to your imaginary friend. Did that stop them from dying? undecided

And I have seen Christians convert to Muslims. Do you have any point to make? undecided
I've been expecting your comment cheesy
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
I've been expecting your comment cheesy

I went o take a nap o jare

My newborn son won't allow me and his mom sleep at night

But you know you are better than this sha undecided
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Ejomax77(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
The same reason you call customer care when your telecom operator withdraws N1000 from your account without explanation.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Gkay1(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

The answer is simple. God is nothing more than a psychological cushion humans use to face the harsh realities that life offers us and even though it is not real we still like to hold on to the fact that, because it is comforting, there is someone somewhere who is powerful enough to solve our problems with one word

Humans are really emotional beings and it is easier to rely on wishful thinking than to face reality and choose to be more responsible for our actions.

The same reason why people remember god during times of hardship is the same reason why they blame "the devil" when the do something wrong or when things do not go according to how they plan

People really need to grow up
reasonable G, well don

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Diso60090(m): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Na buhari name we suppose call?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by tosyne2much(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

I went o take a nap o jare

My newborn son won't allow me and his mom sleep at night

But you know you are better than this sha undecided
The same way people are disappointed in my comments probably because they think they know me to be a good thinker cheesy

But as for this issue of God, I no dey use am play baba cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
KushyKush:
Because God commands us to remember him in times of trouble

Because God what's us to find strength in him

Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.

Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him— my father’s God, and I will exalt him!

Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

This is just a few from many verses of the Bible

How conveniently do you guys quote old testament only when it suits your narrative but you go haywire when the negatives inside it are quoted

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Dafreeguy(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
Cos God ask us to call him in times of trouble. Don't u read bible Op?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Gkay1(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
psalm 91 vs 15 say
he shall call upon me (God), and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him, and honor him.
so na wetin God word (bible) talk o.
happy sunday
happy new week.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by thesicilian: 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

And really no one cares undecided
Yet you cared enough to reply
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
The same way people are disappointed in my comments probably because they think they know me to be a good thinker cheesy

But as for this issue of God, I no dey use am play baba cheesy

So said the slave of the gods of his slave masters grin
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by hahn(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
thesicilian:

Yet you cared enough to reply

I care enough not to allow you wallow away in your delusion. I'm nice like that smiley
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

The answer is simple. God is nothing more than a psychological cushion humans use to face the harsh realities that life offers us and even though it is not real we still like to hold on to the fact that, because it is comforting, there is someone somewhere who is powerful enough to solve our problems with one word

Humans are really emotional beings and it is easier to rely on wishful thinking than to face reality and choose to be more responsible for our actions.

The same reason why people remember god during times of hardship is the same reason why they blame "the devil" when the do something wrong or when things do not go according to how they plan

God is real. You are just too blinded by the religion all round you to see.
By the way, religion is also a way to link to God too, though it often causes more harm than good
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by 400billionman: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

Oh man, there is God.

You will seek God in the next one month.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by free2ryhme: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:
Why is it that People tends to remember God when in trouble, but forget Him in Good Time?
Did God tell you he is not interested in man even when man seems uninterested
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lorbar:
Have you been in a similar situation with a Chinese or an Indian to know what they'd have shouted?
I haven't, but China and India have less than 6% Christian population so why would an average Chinese or Indian shout 'Jesus' when he does not even know who he is?

Moreover, a video trended early this year showing an Indian man looking rather bemused watching other passengers praying vigorously during a flight turbulence in Nigeria. Saw a similar video on Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=461649227510109&id=179145615760473
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Originalsly: 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:
I wouldn't even say remember God..... but call on God especially when their life is in danger. Remember God shows that the person already knew God. ...that God is a healer/saviour/protector so why not remember Him in times of trouble? But then there are those who pay no attention to God.... and those who are proud atheists.... who [b]call[/b]on God ...suddenly become converted.
I believe the answer lies somewhere in the New Testament when Jesus said pretty much that 'the laws' and God will be in the heart of man..... ehmmm....man will come pre programmed with the Laws and God apps..... so when our lives get seriously infected.... we turn to God to scan and clean. God is within every man.... whether or not our mouths admit it during good times.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Tobium1(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
Come to me all you who labor and are over burdened, I'll give you rest
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Etuagievin(m): 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
hahn:

Grow up not believing or serving God?. Your Philosophical reasoning is not tenable enough. Abundant evidences butress the existence of God. The question of weather or not to serve him is entirely your choice.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by MayhorE(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:

Did God complained to you that He's tired or you just wanna gt bleeped up with the father's fork?

I simply remember him coz He remembers me every time
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by femi4: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:
Hez our present help in time of need
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by 400billionman: 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hozier:
Why are black pastors the richest in the world?
Why are blacks the most impoverished people in the world?
Why are their more religious people in 3rd world countries than in developed countries?

The answer is simple - Faith. When all hope seems lost and everything isn't as it should be, we turn to faith as our last hope.

The Bible says, "For without Faith, it is impossible to please God ".

Any faith you remember only when you are in need will not last. Faith is a way of life. God will Solve your need.

But when you forget the problem solver, and another problem surfaces, what happens ? the person falls again.
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by crowncodex: 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
Na Satan them go remember in trouble before?
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by AdeniyiA(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:
You seek for light when there's darkness, you go to hospital when you're sick, you eat when hunger sets in, ...the truth is negatives/troubles/challenges will never cease because they make us appreciate good things when see them
Re: Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? by Daeylar(f): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
ollah1:

How conveniently do you guys quote old testament only when it suits your narrative but you go haywire when the negatives inside it are quoted

Lol grin grin grin grin
Good question grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? / Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.