Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? (34615 Views)

Does Age Matter In Relationships ? / Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? / Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Amberon11: 8:18am On Apr 01, 2018
Queen's English.
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm Victoria. It's pleasing to know you.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Heavance(m): 8:20am On Apr 01, 2018
pander1234:
please i need your sincere advice on this
my current girlfriend i have dated for over 2 years now we have agree to take it further (marriage) but my concern is that she is the same age as me and infact her birthday comes before mine. so i want to know if marrying someone that has same age with you is bad or not

please no insult just your sincere advice
What works for A may not work for B, and what C cab tolerate may be the reason for A to divorce, the friends D likes maybe the source of quarrel for B..... it goes on and on.
work on your own self, don't follow the crowd.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by humilitypays(m): 8:21am On Apr 01, 2018
CsRockefeller:

Boss, abeg if u dey jos, drive come Anguldi on Bukuru express way, i want to host you for your words, you too make sense, na man u be.
lol, the guy is hallucinating. Nigerian ladies have learnt the hard way over years and social media and forums like this have helped in exposing these things which has made most Nigerian ladies to become wiser and cautious.

in fact, as it stands in Nigeria now, single guys who own nice cars now find it more difficult to get a hot chick than guys trekking and entering public transport, especially in major cities like Lagos, Abuja...unless the guy lives in Ibadan, Ekiti, Ebonyi, Jigawa, Taraba, Benue, Borno, Yobe, Ogun.

Nigerian ladies now form hard to get for guys on cars and fall even easily for guys trekking. the guy is just daydreaming and talking rubbish to gain likes.

thanks for your offer my brother, happy easter cool

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Amberon11: 8:23am On Apr 01, 2018
Pls keep quiet and go sit down somewhere. Like the fine gentleman above said , age is not a determinant in love and marriage. I have seen men 20years older than their wives misbehave and women much younger than their husbands showing disloyalty so save your preaching.
Flowers95:
Okay good luck sir. When you’re 40 come back to his post.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 01, 2018
humilitypays:
my brother age does not matter at all, dont let some irresponsible people discourage u with their bla bla bla nonsense.

see in marriage, physical look, sex and attraction ends after at most 15yrs of the marriage, guess what sustains the marriage

understanding, kids, age long bond, finance and of course fear of God.

After 10yrs u married your wife, u will start to loose attraction for her no matter how sexy or gorgeous she is or used to be, the attraction will become useless and unimportant to you, her character, manner, respect for u, and the way she takes care of your kids and home will be the most important things to u and not her looks anymore so why kill yourself now over her cinderela looks

Go and check history, wives of most grear men dont look hot....they look nice and have this charming character and personality.

forget musicians, forget actors, and celebrities, they marry for showbiz and for camera, so dont let their bling bling marriage discourage u, what u should consider is if she really cares for u, does she respect u truly and is she financially prudent and productive, these should be your major concern not her age or looks.

for your info, my dad gave my mother like 4yrs which is not much but they look like siblings now and they are above 70yrs. They are like friends even as I type...they respect each other even though they do have disagreement which is normal.

i am single but once I am ready to settle, i wont go for a much younger lady, will even like to marry my mate or any nice lady, her age or looks wont matter much to me but her character, financial management skill and productivity.

you should be worried more about finance and investments than the age of your wife to be, dont listen to these superficial handles posting rubbish on nairaland

Best advice so far. Age is useless in marriage....

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Aboguede(m): 8:25am On Apr 01, 2018
As a gossip site most stories here are fibricated

humilitypays:
This post doesn't make sense. reading in between your comments, I can bet you don't have an okada talkmore of a car. You are writing this from your imagination of how guys that own cars treat ladies.

In fact, I can even go on bet with u to prove u wrong; bros u dont own any car.....u are still struggling.

No sane guy that owns a car will post this rubbish. Once u start succeeding financially as a guy, u stop being bitter, joy and happiness envelops you unless u did money ritual which I know u cant cos if u did, u wont have the joy to even come here to post.

again if u own a nice car and earn good income, u will be silent and even if u chose to be a playboy, u will be silent and tactical about it and not come online to slam it on peoples face,.its never done u are telling lies fabricated from your hallucination, u better wake up.

I own 2 clean rides and no lady in my street sees me, even in my church....Nigerian ladies have grown pass that stage...unless u are a known celebrity, Nigerian ladies no see u again o...Nigeria has advanced passed this level u are halucinating here, wake up bros undecided
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Amberon11: 8:27am On Apr 01, 2018
It is you that will die.
2morogobeta:
YOU WILL ALL DIE TONIGHT Bleep YOU NIGGERS
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 8:29am On Apr 01, 2018
Marriage is beyond just child bearing alone so I why people still come up with the cliche "she will look like your mother"

Being older or younger doesn't guarantee that a woman has a good head on her shoulders. Any woman can be rude to her husband regardless of the age difference

I have had an affair with an older lady before and believe me, her loyalty, humility , respectfulness and submissiveness are out of this world. I have also had affairs with younger ladies who do not posses any trait to humility, honesty and loyalty

So, age can be very deceptive.. Woman wey no go respect her husband no go respect am even if you collect 20 years for her hand.

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by rad8(m): 8:33am On Apr 01, 2018
Doesn't matter jare...most people advising against marrying her have low self esteem. It's better to be with someone who really loves u and willing to take risk with u than to be looking 5 years younger who might not love u.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by coputa(m): 8:35am On Apr 01, 2018
You don't marry someone to please the world,family,friends and relatives but for your happiness and self fulfillment.
Does getting married to a much younger or beautiful woman a sure ticket to a happy marriage/home,the answer is capital NO!,
The slogan that women get older than men has gone with the older generation.The ladies we have these days are more prettier,younger and sweet that it's much difficult to predict the actual age of a woman.
My friend,hold your woman by the hand,take the next step and start your marriage life, Take this tips
*Age is never a barrier in life
*Marriage is a personal decision
*Know what you want and go for it
Wishing you a blissful marriage

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Dheco(m): 8:38am On Apr 01, 2018
[quote author=Shugarlord213 post=66297339]My brother forget woman and do your own best. If you can’t cope walk out simple. Marriage benefits this h.oes anyways. Your hustle and sweat goes for her comfort. Personally to me only ass-lickers get married.

Motherless babies home day for me to adopt fine baby. if I wan nacck woman, my car day attract a lot of ladies both in church, streets, restaurants etc

My story....

I abstained from women for 4 months and hustled... ordinary Camry muscle way I day drive I don fvck pass 19 girls since this year start. If I see say the girl na brokeazz, i just drive my camry 2.2

Nigerian girls are h.oes and guys if you no get car girl go day use you do anyhow. Forget sex for couple of months, save your money and fvck her and her friends all year

I can count about 6 girls way I fuvk them and their mama coded.

Seriously, Craze Dey Your Head
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Damidolly: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2018
That is modern child abuse....the age gap is too wide
Flowers95:
It absolutely matters. I’ve been married for 8 years plus, I can’t speak from experience. Women age faster than men, after she has given birth to two kids, she’ll look like your mother. Young man when you hit 35-40, you’ll start feeling the urge to feel young again. You’ll feel more of an attraction towards 20 something year olds, that’s where the problems will begin. I married a man who is 12 years older than I am, best decision of my life. Good day!

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by arena07: 8:50am On Apr 01, 2018
Damidolly:
It is not a child abuse,there is nothing wrong in a 35yrs old guy getting married to a 25 yrs old lady
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Flowers95: 9:16am On Apr 01, 2018
Damidolly:
okay sir.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Chochovini: 9:21am On Apr 01, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Good morning dude!
I'm not really new. I've been on Nairaland for few months with a different moniker. I don't just comment. I read and pass. Too many insensitive people filling the whole place like 'debris'.

And hey, I wasn't worked up over his bad-tempered attitude. I just had to let him have a piece of my 'thought'. It really hurts to have read that.
How're you doing?
I personally don‘t quote ladies much but I think I like the way you addressed this issue. I will henceforth look forward to reading your comments, that‘s if you don‘t seldom post. I like you already.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by shaybebaby(f): 9:21am On Apr 01, 2018
boiz2men:

You know in your inner deep it does. You are just being careful about your response so you don't shoot yourself in the foot.

That guys point is this...

"it's easier to woo a lady when you are in a car"

You are assuming the lady in question doesn't own hers.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by pussyAvenger: 9:23am On Apr 01, 2018
humilitypays:
This post doesn't make sense. reading in between your comments, I can bet you don't have an okada talkmore of a car. You are writing this from your imagination of how guys that own cars treat ladies.

In fact, I can even go on bet with u to prove u wrong; bros u dont own any car.....u are still struggling.

No sane guy that owns a car will post this rubbish. Once u start succeeding financially as a guy, u stop being bitter, joy and happiness envelops you unless u did money ritual which I know u cant cos if u did, u wont have the joy to even come here to post.

again if u own a nice car and earn good income, u will be silent and even if u chose to be a playboy, u will be silent and tactical about it and not come online to slam it on peoples face,.its never done u are telling lies fabricated from your hallucination, u better wake up.

I own 2 clean rides and no lady in my street sees me, even in my church....Nigerian ladies have grown pass that stage...unless u are a known celebrity, Nigerian ladies no see u again o...Nigeria has advanced passed this level u are halucinating here, wake up bros undecided
Then you must be ugly as Bleep...Oh lacks every iota of masculine coordination...

Team Shugarlord!!

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by boiz2men(m): 9:36am On Apr 01, 2018
shaybebaby:

You are assuming the lady in question doesn't own hers.

Which makes it near impossible to respond to the guy alighting from a keke.

The truth most of you are highly materialistic. If that guy is genuine. I can almost tell that one of your sisters left him for a guy with a car.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Gerrard59(m): 9:39am On Apr 01, 2018
lowaist101:
[b][/b] I Don't Want To Accept It Is Wrong Getting Married To A Woman Who Is One's Age. The Problem With Most Women Is That When they Are Married, They Want To "Dress And Behave Like Married Women". Am Not Talking About Provocativeness But Dress Smart And Do Things With Panache.

Apart Frm Menopause, I Don't Think It Has Been Proved Scientifically That Women Get Older Faster Than Men. Our Culture And Tradition Are Responsible For Some Of These Things/discriminations. In Some Places Of Work, Once U R Pregnant, U R Off.

Some Women, It Is Religion. Why Can't A Woman Put On Trousers And Shorts? She Sits At Home Most Times Because She Is Cut Off Frm Doing Some Things , Perhaps, Apart Frm Work.

Some Men Are The Cause. They Want Full Time House Wives; Someone Who Will Baby Sit For Them.It Is Pathetic That In The 21st Century, Some Young Men Are So Possessive, Jealous And Selfish That They Restrict And Cage Their Wives At Home. Yet, Some Will Come Out To Say They Get Old Quickly. A Man Living A Sedentary And Boring Life, and stress filled life will get very old over night.

If u get married to someone that will love and respect you, treat her well. Allow her to dress well and smart but not provocative. The two of you should help each other to live a stress free life. Eat good food; balanced diet and live healthily. Your wife will not get old faster than u. And who says a girl that gets married as virgin cannot become promiscuous? I laugh in Swahili.

Poverty and illiteracy are also causative agents of non- attractiveness of women. When I talk about illiteracy, I mean uncivilised mentality. Broadly speaking, we have many educated illiterates.

I think we can change this perception...

The bolded sums it up.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by seunH: 9:42am On Apr 01, 2018
khalazi:
Woman wey Get Money pass you worse pass woman wey senior u. It is easier for a more financially bouyant woman to disrespect you than an older woman.
Na money be baba guy. 2-5 Years difference no bad. Just make sure you de ontop things. I don see one woman wey senior her husband with 5years but she de worship the man like king. While some wey senior their wives with 7years no de rest.
If you be Man, You be Man.
WORD!!!!!!!!
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by shaybebaby(f): 9:55am On Apr 01, 2018
boiz2men:

Which makes it near impossible to respond to the guy alighting from a keke.

The truth most of you are highly materialistic. If that guy is genuine. I can almost tell that one of your sisters left him for a guy with a car.
Define genuine?
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Abagworo(m): 10:09am On Apr 01, 2018
It does but not one of the most important things in marriage.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by rollyfst: 10:12am On Apr 01, 2018
Go ahead and marry her. What matters most is ability of her to bear children, love, respect you and your family. She will be highly sensible and organise her home very well. Unlike the young half baked girls who lack home training and whose mothers will control in their matrimonial homes, thereby making you to talk everyday. My brother forget the age. Is she is sensible, fruitful, respectable and can clean your house the marriage can go on. That is my advise.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Tetragramaton(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2018
My babe is four years older than me. I have never had more peace of mind as much as I have right now. Although her stature is big and sincerely she looks older but I don't care. I love her even though she has some reservations. I have assured her that all is well. The governor of ondo states wife is 3 years older na. What is all this talk about. My peace of mind is very important to me and no young girl I have dated has given me such peace. I never imagined I would date a woman older than me but it happened and I love her

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by wink2015(m): 10:23am On Apr 01, 2018
Age matters in marriage especially for compatibility, love and respect.

The holy bible teaches about the need for wife to be submissive to their husband. And husband to love their wife.

Age is very important in the part of the man to gain their wife submissiveness.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Damony: 10:25am On Apr 01, 2018
People may not like what you have just said. But believe me, you have really made a point. Most Ladies would rather dump a Good, caring and Poor Guy(with focus) for a Guy who has a CAR and money(which he might be too stingy to give to them); simply because they all want to be a Girlfriend to a car owner; and to brag about their Man having a Car before their Girlfriends...Even if they are so maltreated by these car owners. I pray that God should give us the kind of Women that we love us for who we are but not what we've GOT.

Shugarlord213:
My brother forget woman and do your own best. If you can’t cope walk out simple. Marriage benefits this h.oes anyways. Your hustle and sweat goes for her comfort. Personally to me only ass-lickers get married.

Motherless babies home day for me to adopt fine baby. if I wan nacck woman, my car day attract a lot of ladies both in church, streets, restaurants etc

My story....

I abstained from women for 4 months and hustled... ordinary Camry muscle way I day drive I don fvck pass 19 girls since this year start. If I see say the girl na brokeazz, i just drive my camry 2.2

Nigerian girls are h.oes and guys if you no get car girl go day use you do anyhow. Forget sex for couple of months, save your money and fvck her and her friends all year

I can count about 6 girls way I fuvk them and their mama coded. I just hate poosie and ass- lickers. Listen to me, if you are still on leggediz benz, we way get car go fuvk your gf and her mama and we don’t care about how you feel since you have decided to think with your di.k

Once I naacck a babe, I no even day allow her shower. I take her to the busstop, squeeze #500 for her hand... most times as soon as she steps out of my car I just zoom off with out any Goodbye or whatever.

I have over 40 ladies single and married on my WhatsApp. Over 76 unread messages... I hope your babe no day among, if she is I don’t care how you feel I go nacck am...

I got no respect whatsoever for any female human being way day bend down pisssss

Except you be Virgin I don’t mind settling down with you, and please Don’t start whining about virgins with bad character, for a lady to abstain from s.xx till her beloved guy married her is a sign she can definitely stick to you, i cherish loyalty over everything else
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by slydog(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2018
pander1234:
please i need your sincere advice on this
my current girlfriend i have dated for over 2 years now we have agree to take it further (marriage) but my concern is that she is the same age as me and infact her birthday comes before mine. so i want to know if marrying someone that has same age with you is bad or not

please no insult just your sincere advice

Mehn, if u love this lady, and she is submissive a d has all u need in a woman, pls go ahead. U should tell her what u want and u can both have body goals together. There's no law that says u shouldn't wake ur wide up in the morning and u jog together. My own problem is genotype, I talk u, If I and my lady's genotype were compatible, I will marry her even if she's a year older, it will be our secret, no one will know.
Its about our happiness, not the happiness of other people. I hope you make the right choice.

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by streamsofjoy(f): 10:29am On Apr 01, 2018
Shugarlord213:
My brother forget woman and do your own best. If you can’t cope walk out simple. Marriage benefits this h.oes anyways. Your hustle and sweat goes for her comfort. Personally to me only ass-lickers get married.

My story....

I can count about 6 girls way I fuvk them and their mama coded. I just hate poosie and ass- lickers. Listen to me, if you are still on leggediz benz, we way get car go fuvk your gf and her mama and we don’t care about how you feel since you have decided to think with your di.k

Once I naacck a babe, I no even day allow her shower. I take her to the busstop, squeeze #500 for her hand... most times as soon as she steps out of my car I just zoom off with out any Goodbye or whatever.

I have over 40 ladies single and married on my WhatsApp. Over 76 unread messages... I hope your babe no day among, if she is I don’t care how you feel I go nacck am...

I got no respect whatsoever for any female human being way day bend down pisssss

Except you be Virgin I don’t mind settling down with you, and please Don’t start whining about virgins with bad character, for a lady to abstain from s.xx till her beloved guy married her is a sign she can definitely stick to you, i cherish loyalty over everything else

What is thus one saying And to think that he has plenty likes. O God save this generation.
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Konye1: 10:30am On Apr 01, 2018
My brother the most important thing is compartibility.

I will advice u, don't let people advice you about marriage.. Even if the woman was a prostitute.
There is no guarantee anywhere that your marying a younger woman will be a blisful one, neither is there any guarantee that marrying one same age or older will be a happy one.

Do u love her? Yes
Does she love you? yes
Are u people ready to settle down? Yes
Does she understand that this means u r the boss now? Yes

Oya marry!!!

My only advice is that u work on yourself.. Show urself a man, a woman will only respect u as much as u respect urself...

May God give you wisdom..
Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Tetragramaton(m): 10:31am On Apr 01, 2018
wink2015:
Age matters in marriage especially for compatibility, love and respect.

The holy bible teaches about the need for wife to be submissive to their husband. And husband to love their wife.

Age is very important in the part of the man to gain their wife submissiveness.

This argument is flawed. The broken marriages we see all the time, those girls are younger and not submissive. Age is nothing. I even think the older a woman is. The more submissive she is to her man. Talking from my current experience.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by streamsofjoy(f): 10:32am On Apr 01, 2018
swiz123:

grin grin

Typical of a NL dumb ass. When they get served they come up with lines of "E pain am"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Throwback Picture Of Valentine's Day In 1965 / My Brother's Pre Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.